Jeremy O'Wheel's Freestyle World Record List

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 13 Apr 2009 15:54

DDD x4, G-Units, Jan 18 2009
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si3tVNrbotU&fmt=18[/youtube]

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 13 Apr 2009 15:57

Smog x9, G-Units, May 21 2008
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmaHvzoesqE&fmt=18[/youtube]

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 13 Apr 2009 15:57

Sweet, thanks Ken.

I just wanted to add a few points about videos.

If I have any significant doubt that a trick is 'the' I won't include the record, except perhaps in the early days if it's small. I can't go through videos on youtube frame by frame, so I'd recommend to people hitting tricks that are fairly easy to 'the' that you upload them to footbag.org or email them to me instead (owheelj at footbag dot org). This hasn't been an issue yet, but I want to save people the frustration of me rejecting a clean record attempt because I can't check it well enough because it's on youtube.

I also won't include videos that are split in to multiple parts - for example the 'verified' toe stall record video is in 5 parts. I've included that for now because it's a trivial record (in my opinion) and because we're at the early stages, but in the future I won't. I want to get the ball rolling before getting too harsh on the quality of videos.

I'm putting up Anssi's barfly record as 18, not 34. The video shows 18 consecutive barflys, then he is completely obscured by somebody standing in front of the camera, and then he hits another 15. While I trust him and the cleanliness of his game, the whole point of video verified records is that the video verifies the record. If I attributed 34 to Anssi, I might as well attribute whatever the largest amount anybody has claimed to him. When you're filming your world records make sure somebody doesn't jump in front of the camera.

Cheers :)

edit; Also now that we appear to have lots of records I'm going to get rid of all the non video verified records.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 13 Apr 2009 16:29

Ok I've updated some records and will do a bunch more in half an hour too an hour - I just really need to do some actual work that I'm getting paid for first :P

Matt - regarding frigid osis - you need to put forward an argument as to why there should be a record for that. It's not a trick I see people deliberately put into runs very often. I'm not putting up moves that people only do for the sake of having a world record, and otherwise never hit. Frigid osis seems to be verging on that. I can't actually recall ever seeing anybody hit a frigid osis in a normal run, except as part of a move or as an unclean zooming set.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 13 Apr 2009 16:59

Ok putting up the remaining records.

Just wanted to add, and maintaining this is probably going to make me even less popular, I deemed the 92 ducking clipper by Erik Chan to be 'the,' so I'm putting up the record as 91.

Cheers :)

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 13 Apr 2009 17:12

There is a video somewhere where Jorden hits over 20 barflies. Request session II I believe. Not sure if it's still online though.

Also David hits 3 Spinning Blenders in this video:
http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.ph ... hlight=nyj
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 13 Apr 2009 17:22

Cheers.

While I might sometimes go and find records if I get some general directions, I really don't have time right now, so I'd greatly appreciate it if people actually post up links to the videos, rather than just telling me they exist.

Also it would be great if people could check over the list and point out any errors. Not just in record number - although I watch each video and count the number (apart from toe stalls), but also dates - some of which are missing, shoe types - some of which could be better defined or might be wrong, move names, nick names, and Job's notation. Some of my Job's might be correct could be written better and some probably is wrong. The more help I get the less likely I am to get bored and to stop maintain this :P

Thanks again for records so far :)

edit; Also when you submit records, even if they're not yours, please try to address all the criteria.

Something like this;

Spinning blender
David Clavens
31/12/2006 (I'm guessing - without a date I could be basically a year wrong - it could be 01/01/2006 instead - for that matter NYJ could stand for New York Jam, not New Years Jam).)
http://www.footbag.org/gallery/show/-13515
Quantums?

edit2; And for videos that are not just of the record please include a time code.

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 13 Apr 2009 17:35

it was G-units for daves spenders. and it was 07 not 06
zach jahner

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 13 Apr 2009 17:41

edit; Ok I'm retarded. I don't know where 06 came from.

Fixed :)

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 13 Apr 2009 18:01

Jim Penske
Whirling Infinity x18
January of 2008
Looks like Lavers

At the 4:50 mark of this video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE68rfFGI7s[/youtube]

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 13 Apr 2009 18:08

Kenzo Ogawa
Drifter x23
Lavers
2:41 mark of this vid:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bLdQLlDWto[/youtube]

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 13 Apr 2009 18:13

Kenzo Ogawa
Swirl x16
January 21 2008
Lavers

38 second mark:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDyc0jHz5OY&fmt=18[/youtube]

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 13 Apr 2009 18:15

Kenzo Ogawa
Blender x13
January 21 2008
Lavers

1:06 mark:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDyc0jHz5OY&fmt=18[/youtube]

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 14 Apr 2009 04:45

I hit frigidosis semi often from back of the neck stall, you must have seen me! :D It seems relevant enough to me.

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 14 Apr 2009 12:40

Evan Gatesman
Swirl
42 (I think)
March 10th, 2007
Lavers

4:21 or so
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8ruLjlx73M[/youtube]
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 14 Apr 2009 15:15

"I'm not putting up moves that people only do for the sake of having a world record, and otherwise never hit"

well, *only because this argument seems to be contingent upon the validity of the "sake" of the footbag move*,

I did those 10 in a row for no other sake than because I wanted to have fun seeing how many frigid osises I could do. Not for the sake of having a world record (which is your criteria for disinclusion that I have not met). World records had nothing to do with the sake of those frigid osii. I only thought that they might be a world record, or list-applicable, after seeing what you wrote about video verification.

furthermore, I quasi-regularly hit them as substitute bail for osis, and I've seen Jim Penske do the same.

furthermore, this is not an argument for why this should be included in the list. it's just an explanation of why I offered it up.

Whether or not it should be included on the list is up to you, because, apparently, this is a list only for Jeremy O'Wheel-approved moves and records.

That's all I have to say about it, whichever way you decide to go on frigidosis.

Also,

I hit 10 consecutive "side of the head" stalls as the last string in this video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2rX1x-Xf2c[/youtube]

But I guess that doesn't count for your record either... same comments regarding frigidosis apply to this one.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 14 Apr 2009 18:05

Sorry you misunderstand. It's not about whether you trying to hit a world record when you made your effort or not, it's about whether you only hit that specific move when attempting world records or not.

For example on the old list there is a record of pixie ducking toe stalls. While clearly many people can hit this move, I've never seen somebody deliberately put it in a run. This isn't a real move, it's just something somebody has done to get a world record. If I hit this in a run it would always be a bail, and I'd probably pass the bag on.

I want to avoid moves that nobody hits outside of world record attempts.

You're welcome to have another attempt at justifying, but if you do it in the same kind of negative aggressive manner I'll dismiss it. I'm only going to respond positively to people with civil communication skills.

You are right, it's my list. Everybody had the opportunity to do this, and they chose not to. You're still welcome to create your list if you like. Nobody is stopping you.

Footbag is full of people who think things should be done differently but aren't prepared to take actions themselves. I'm not saying that's you, just that there are lots of people like that. I don't want to be one of those people so I'm taking the action myself, and I'm going to run it how I see fit. I even asked for volunteers to help before starting this project and nobody did. You've made your choices and now I'm making mine.

SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SlashC » 14 Apr 2009 18:36

For example on the old list there is a record of pixie ducking toe stalls. While clearly many people can hit this move, I've never seen somebody deliberately put it in a run. This isn't a real move, it's just something somebody has done to get a world record. If I hit this in a run it would always be a bail, and I'd probably pass the bag on.
For the record, I don't care whether or not you include pixie ducking toe stalls in your list, but at the time I originally set my record ( I don't know who has the record now) I was doing pixie/diving toe stalls in runs. I was consistant enough with them that I even had them in my shred30 for a while.
Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 14 Apr 2009 19:08

Sure. No doubt there are exceptions to everything, even this sentence *.

It's no criticism on the people that hold the records either. I'm just not going to include moves that are hardly ever hit and not because of their difficulty unless the person submitting the record can put forward a rational, civil and convincing argument for their conclusion. Somebody else can spend their time maintaining a list of obscure footbag world records if they so choose.

*I'm aware of the logical error and this statement is said in jest. I merely mean that there are exceptions to almost every generalisation we make.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 14 Apr 2009 19:36

Ken Somolinos
Osis x72
G-Units
April 11, 2008
Overcast, with a chance of showers

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6orcmo_JlYk[/youtube]