Easily Seen Footbags

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
philo~!
Hack Fiend

Easily Seen Footbags

Post by philo~! » 17 Aug 2009 05:30

Hello, very soon I will be doing a footbag demo in a very large hall. The bags I currently have I dont think will be ideal to be seen easily from a distance.

Does have any ideas or know where I can get a very brightly coloured bag, or one that may even reflect light?(I need something at short notice)

The bag I have seen in this video seems ideal, but I wouldent know how to make one like it, or where to get it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIXRA40ZQDc

Thanks!

Phil Morrison

Corey
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Corey » 17 Aug 2009 06:54

sonic footfighters

then i have one bag that is ridiculously bright its cheetah pents with raduation hexs (black white red orange) the four lime hexs

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 17 Aug 2009 12:44

This could be an extreme solution, but thought I'd throw it out there:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5ha4jklUwY&fmt=18[/youtube]

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 18 Aug 2009 17:18

if all else fails, a black bag with white clothes and lavers is actually not bad at all.

shredzilla
Post Master General

Re: Easily Seen Footbags

Post by shredzilla » 18 Aug 2009 19:10

philo~! wrote:The bag I have seen in this video seems ideal, but I wouldent know how to make one like it, or where to get it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIXRA40ZQDc
That looks like the same type of bag that Peter Irish uses in his juggling routines. It's basically a juggling bag, and designed to be big and bright for easy viewing during juggling acts. If you have a store in your area that sells juggling equipment, you may want to try there, or I'm sure if you googled "juggling bags" you could find it that way. Good luck.
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

RawSko
Green Footbag Ninja

Post by RawSko » 21 Aug 2009 11:26

bag size makes far more difference than colour. (Not to say that colour has nothing to do with it; single colour bags are generally the best. Yellow or White or bright colours, etc...) If you want people to see it, it should be at least fist size. I know this is contrary to so many people's playing-preferences, but when I was busking around Europe last summer, revenue went up significantly when I got a bigger footbag. It's a little weird to get used to bigger bags, but for visibility's sake, I say it's worth it.

I'm pretty sure some bigger players would back me up here. The Destroyer, for one. Also a few guys from the Estonian crowd...
Ben Roscoe

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 21 Aug 2009 16:52

I've made a couple of demo bags for several players. We have a NYFer in our group (Ben Cooke) who's been playing with my bags like crazy, one of which is the size of a fist. Red and brown panels. Definitely visible.

What's difficult in making a demo bag is making a filler to go along with it. The larger the bag, the harder it is to fixate a center of balance for the filler. Having a floppy bag is ideal for smaller bags, but it gets a little harder when you have to make a footbag in the size of a tennis/baseball duplicating a similar performance. I have yet to perfect a filler fit for larger demo bags. :?

I DID make a demo bag for Ianek Regimbald a couple of months ago with a filler that I thought was experimental. He seems pleased with it, though, but I'm still unsure.
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87