Not Sorry

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
Vraidave
Shredaholic

Not Sorry

Post by Vraidave » 02 Mar 2014 10:24

So I was just browsing worldfootbag, and they have, listed under their "footbag sports" a game called "Not sorry." The rules are simply as follows:

"If anyone in the circle says, “I’m sorry,” when he/she misses a kick then he/she or they have to buy the next round of refreshments of the circle’s choice."

Well, it doesn't really seem like a game to me, just a rule, but I've never heard of anyone doing that. That just struck me as funny. Has anyone done this? I only play with people who are basic circle kickers, since there aren't many freestylers in my area. When I do fancy schmancy tricks, then pass to someone, and they drop, they almost always apologize. Thinking about incorporating this into my next noob-centered circle.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" ~Isaac Newton

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Re: Not Sorry

Post by Cass » 02 Mar 2014 13:08

Our Canadian crew would get slaughtered if we had a drink for every "sorry" at a session :D

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 03 Mar 2014 20:18

It's a pretty common rule amongst circle kickers where you're trying to get "hacks". It's much less common in freestyle circles. We never had penalties for saying "sorry" though, it was just a rule that you couldn't say it.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 03 Mar 2014 22:05

Cass wrote:Our Canadian crew would get slaughtered if we had a drink for every "sorry" at a session :D
HAHAHAHAHA! Dying right now! Good one :P

Sidenote: At '13 Worlds in Canada, I was walking around and stepped on some canadian's shoe, accidentally. THEY turned around and said "sorry". Cassy is right. They would get messed up in a game of "Sorry" hahaha
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman