Top Players Posting on Modified

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Top Players Posting on Modified

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 07 Jul 2014 15:36

I brought this up in my blog a bit ago and I stand by it firmly. The reason Modified was cool for me to join was because PROFESSIONALS were posting often. I thought this was so cool. It really made me want to push for that level to be one of the pros posting on Modified, giving out tips to the newer players. I just thought it was awesome having a huge mix of skill levels on one site, all interacting… Totally not how a more well-known sport would be. No chance to talk to Mike Jordan if you're a beginner basketball player on a basketball forum… But on this… Even better! I could talk to Jorden! Some of the more notable names that I don't see on here anymore that used to post when I started: Nick Landes, Chris Dean, David, Flash, Johnny, Gatesman, Jorden, eh, it's no use.. there were a ton!

Nowadays, it's very apparent that most pros/BAP don't post on Modified at all (big props to Jay, Allan, and Ken for keeping it alive). I think one thing that would really revive the forum is if bigger names in footbag posted even every now and then. Perhaps keep a footblog, or just brush over the trick tips/getting started section and help out a new player.

I really think it would benefit the sport if top players started posting more on Modified. Dan Boyle agrees with me. Thanks for speaking up, Dan.

Does anyone want to discuss this?
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Re: Top Players Posting on Modified

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 07 Jul 2014 18:16

I love how no one even replies to this in this thread hahaha I find this kind of comical, really.
Nick Polini

Funblog

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 07 Jul 2014 20:30

I heard Ken hit his first clipper in the projects category.
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 07 Jul 2014 21:27

I heard he can sometimes do Clipper to a Super Jester!
Nick Polini

Funblog

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 08 Jul 2014 00:39

I'll try to push Jindra into it today. If it doesn't rain.
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

Air
Aleksi Airinen

Post by Air » 08 Jul 2014 04:55

I read Modified quite regularly. Hitting 'view unread posts' and going through the topics takes less than five minutes. However I don't feel like I have much to say to the topics so I rarely post anything. I don't want to post something just for the sake of posting it.

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Cass » 08 Jul 2014 06:40

I think non-elite-tier open level players that are super stoked on the game (you and I etc.) are just as important to the community (if not more) as elite players that may have become disillusioned over the years.

It's up to us to get them excited about footbag again!

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 08 Jul 2014 06:50

Aleksi, thanks for throwing in your thoughts. And yeah, Cassy, I really agree with you on that. I think we are the ones that have to spark it up again. And I think we're all currently doing it ;)
Nick Polini

Funblog

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 08 Jul 2014 11:54

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic wrote:I love how no one even replies to this in this thread hahaha I find this kind of comical, really.
I was just thinking how funny it would have been if this thread were made up of nothing but elite players' replies.

In all seriousness though, I agree that it'd be cool to see more elite players posting. Beyond the technical advice they can give, I just find it interesting to see their perspectives on things like competition, practice, etc... not to mention just being reminded that even elite players get frustrated/excited by the same sport we all do.

Also, Ivan's post almost made me spit water. :lol:

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 08 Jul 2014 19:05

C-Fan wrote:
In all seriousness though, I agree that it'd be cool to see more elite players posting. Beyond the technical advice they can give, I just find it interesting to see their perspectives on things like competition, practice, etc... not to mention just being reminded that even elite players get frustrated/excited by the same sport we all do.

Also, Ivan's post almost made me spit water. :lol:

Ken… Shut up, you're elite :P
Nick Polini

Funblog

MetZelRio
Fearless

Post by MetZelRio » 08 Jul 2014 23:32

I was sorta thinking the same thing, just without the shut up. =)

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 16 Dec 2014 14:58

I am a newer (6 months) player and I think Nick has an excellent point. One of the biggest things that keeps me wanting to progress and be involved is the community of higher level players that have posted their experiences and videos as well as when they go out of their way to give tips, advice, or props to the newer players.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 03 Jan 2015 19:04

I guess as a wise woman who woke up to get herself a cold pop once said.... Ain't nobody got time for that!

Jk.. It would be pretty cool..
Cory Allen
My Footblog

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 04 Jan 2015 22:30

Being low in the totem pole, I think comments from anyone higher than me is beneficial. The people who would benefit the most would probably be the 'open' level players. They can grasp the higher concepts that intermediate and novice players are not ready for. But that doesn't mean we wouldn't benefit at all. I am particularly interested in how 'elite' and other 'open' players approach a new concept. From how they personally practice it or think about the movements necessary. I am curious to see where the differences and similarities are between the two levels of player (if there are any).