Footbag bracelet/wristband

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
LameR
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by LameR » 13 Oct 2004 21:35

I think having a slogan for shredding and a shredder silouette would be the way to go. Just a shredder wouldn't look that good, but put a footbagish saying next to it, perfection....
-connor campbell
prosers-pros of the posers-
I like my sugar with coffee and cream.

JFootbagger
Fearless

Post by JFootbagger » 16 Oct 2004 07:16

Do you think people will understand the concept of "Shred" (if we make it our slogan on the wristbrands)? People barely know what "footbag is". Possibly by putting "shred" as a slogan, may get people confused?

Just a thought....
Jordan Wong
basics=tricks=strings=people dropping their jaw in amazement
-Footblog! Check it out!
Enter My Mind

brian relly
fan-tas-tic

Post by brian relly » 16 Oct 2004 07:28

I like the simplicity of just "Play Footbag." It doesn't have to be extravagant.
esteban barnez
myspace.com/rawcakes
david wrote:I was just sitting here surfing and my mom looks over my shoulder. I had to jab down the down key real quick so she wouldn't see that topic title and question me about what kind of site I was going on.

RipWalker
BSOS Beast

Post by RipWalker » 16 Oct 2004 08:30

My vote goes for any color of these Silicone Wristbands that stands out, with simply "Footbag" and perhaps this trio of silhouettes from Flipsider.

That website that was given to order from has rubber and silicone. Minimum order for rubber (rubber is tacky, don't bother) is 500 pieces. Minimum order for silicone (exactly like the livestrongs) is 1000 pieces. That's quite an amount.

Even if no one is going to order them in bulk, I may search for an arts and crafts store that carries singles and make my own with just "Footbag" on it. Good luck with the idea!

Peace.
Mark Bull

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 16 Oct 2004 18:02

1000 is a lot but I think the silcone would be stiffer than the rubber and undulate less?

Was there a price for 1000 units?

And what if we made it footbag.org instead of just footbag - that way we can show people the address so as to promote the sport more!

In regards to silhouettes - would it be possible to use a silhouette of somebody who posts regularly at modified - maybe we could have some kind of a competion where everybody who wanted to enter produced silhouettes of themselves (or of somebody else) and then we could vote on the best one!

lightningbolt
Nothing Vulgar

Post by lightningbolt » 17 Oct 2004 00:00

As a temporaily wristband, we could use really thick rubber bands and write 'footbag' or some thing on them.

The pros to this are that everybody can get one in a couple of days and that it's cheap. I got a 110 rubberbads for 75 cent at office max.
The con is that it won't look professional at all.

I tried it on one and it came out nicely. I just wrote footbag in plain black ink.

This would only be temporaily in till we make high class ones.

If we're going to do this, I think we all should write the same words...

What does everybody think of that idea?
I think I going to take over Canada. You should help.
Get Firefox!

chim
Hack Fiend

Post by chim » 17 Oct 2004 09:56

Sorry guys for being without internet for a while, but I think that if someone made 1000 of the vinyl ones and placed it on a prominent footbag website, they'd be sold out within days. We should try to link up with someone that has a huge store, maybe worldfootbag.org or footbag.tv and see if they want to do it. I think that this would be a really cool idea, since everyone asks you what your wristband is about and you can tell them.

Tsiangkun
Post Master General

Post by Tsiangkun » 17 Oct 2004 10:10

ISN"T THIS WHAT THE IFPA IS FOR ???

Can't the IFPA organize the aquisition and distribution of rubber bands under their 501(c) not for profit status as a way to raise funds for putting on worlds ???

This would be a good way for them to raise money for worlds above and beyond the IFPA membership fees.

As opposed to some individual having to buy a thousand bands and hope to unload them.

brian relly
fan-tas-tic

Post by brian relly » 17 Oct 2004 10:14

Word! Sell 'em for a buck each like that Cancer foundation.

Or wait, wouldn't that violate the whole non-profit organization thing, because they'd have to sell them for profit to actually make some money off of it.
esteban barnez
myspace.com/rawcakes
david wrote:I was just sitting here surfing and my mom looks over my shoulder. I had to jab down the down key real quick so she wouldn't see that topic title and question me about what kind of site I was going on.

Tsiangkun
Post Master General

Post by Tsiangkun » 17 Oct 2004 10:40

Not at all, Non-Profit organisations hold fund raisers all the time to aquire money to promote their causes. I think non-profit means they can't raise funds and then funnel the profit to individual investors / shareholders. The money raised has to be spent for the public good, and in the manner outlined in the paperwork that was filed to get 501(c) status. I'm pretty sure if the money does not go to advance a private interest, or an individual the IFPA can raise money however they want.
The 501(c) status puts limitations on what can be done with the money, more than how they aquire money.
The Lance Armstrong Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) public charity, IRS Tax ID 74-2806618. All donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.

LAF is a 501(c) , same as IFPA. . .

brian relly
fan-tas-tic

Post by brian relly » 17 Oct 2004 10:46

Ok, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.
esteban barnez
myspace.com/rawcakes

Popinasmint
Shredalicious

Post by Popinasmint » 17 Oct 2004 17:25

Flipsider wrote:are y'all talking about sweatband-style or vinyl?
Ellis, if you would like I can send over a Livestrong wristband so that you can feel the material we're talking about. Just pm me if you're interested.
Albert Cacdac

chim
Hack Fiend

Post by chim » 18 Oct 2004 12:31

a red/white/blue sweatband with the footbag logo (the NBA guy doing a clipper) would be awesome too , just as an accessory so everybody can wipe the sweat off of their foreheads after a good shred.

but originally i was talking more about the vinyl ones

JFootbagger
Fearless

Post by JFootbagger » 24 Oct 2004 17:25

Did anybody talk about manufacturing this yet?! This post hasn't gotten any posts lately!
Jordan Wong
-Footblog! Check it out!
Enter My Mind

The_Songster
Hack Fiend

Post by The_Songster » 26 Oct 2004 09:14

we should have a wrist band where it is a string through a bunch of hacky sacks...
or an ankle bracelet... above their lavers.

JFootbagger
Fearless

Post by JFootbagger » 26 Oct 2004 09:50

Whoa, like ACTUAL sized Hacky sacks? Because that bracelet would be freakin' huge! Like...little hacky sacks?
Jordan Wong
-Footblog! Check it out!
Enter My Mind

The_Songster
Hack Fiend

Post by The_Songster » 28 Oct 2004 10:43

ya like mini hacky sacks, like the min abshire... except a crappy version that's cheaper

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 28 Oct 2004 11:20

hackysacks.. NO footbags, do you call your presidents choice macaroni and cheese dish kraft dinner! Do you call your royal facial tissues Kleenex! do you call your k2 inline skates rollerblades!?!..oh.. heh well I do.. but its FOOTBAGS not hackysacks..
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

JFootbagger
Fearless

Post by JFootbagger » 28 Oct 2004 13:40

I like the "Livestrong" bracelet ideas better....even the sweat-band material kinda thing would work for me, the "hackysack" idea would take too much work to produce a large number of them

yeah Seath is right, It's FOOTBAG, not hacky sack :P
Jordan Wong
-Footblog! Check it out!
Enter My Mind

The_Songster
Hack Fiend

Post by The_Songster » 28 Oct 2004 14:40

well by hackysacks i do mean those cheap ones that takes like 5 seconds to make, and i was comparing it to the size of mini abshire.

or if not we should get ankle bracelets maybe, cuz we do use our feet to shred and it'd be more visible
David Song

Image<-- I wish i was this good