Zeitgeist: Eye-Opening Movie

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.
Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 03 Apr 2008 02:34

Laroche wrote:
It's almost like my opinion on the issue actually is correct and backed up by the evidence, and further more blah blah blah
Here we go Jeremy, exactly the same thing again. It's almost condescending the way you talk. Is it an ego thing? Should I tell you why you are right? Does it even matter? Would it make you feel good about yourself if I would take the time to write a novel describing the various ways in which you are great at being right?

Everything becomes a long complicated drawn-out thing with you, even when I JUST FINISHED SAYING that YES Jeremy, YOU WERE RIGHT. Why is it long and complicated? Why the huge paragraphs?

It's over. Nothing left to say.

There's nothing left to discuss...

The point is, the specifics don't really matter, because there is so much BS in this movie (this becomes apparent after doing research on your own), that why bother researching or arguing petty details of such a film?

End of story, game over.

There's sufficient info in the first couple pages of the thread to answer any doubts.
Wow, that's probably one of the most hypocritical posts on this forum. You accuse me of being "condescending" after your last post? Why do you think I responded negatively do it even though you agreed with me? It wasn't because of this sentence was it;

"I still don't get why Jeremy and Dan have this "Holier then thou" attitude when discussing on page 1 and 2, but whatever. Their problem. "

And then you repeat your accusation of my "holier than thou" attitude and in the same post you claim that the discussion is over because you've decided it is.

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 03 Apr 2008 07:30

Sorry, it's a frustrated floodgate that came open after having read a bunch of your posts, and then reading your reply. No hard feelings but I think the message I wanted to give you is clear, though it came off harsher then I meant it to (That's MY problem. But I'll admit it at least).

To sum it up, I guess I feel that you have a pretty big ego, especially when it comes down to anything related to: politics, religion, etc, anything in which you could put forth your own opinion, and it rubs me the wrong.

I want to make it clear though that you DO have informative posts full of relevant thoughts and you're obviously a pretty smart guy. Your posts helped me quite a bit when doing research on this film.

It's the delivery that sucks.
Nicholas Laroche

VIKINGWARRIOR
Circle Kicker

END GAME

Post by VIKINGWARRIOR » 14 Mar 2009 16:14

If you like Zeitgeist, check out Alex Jones's END GAME.

www.infowars.com
C O R Y C A R R
- FootbagErie -

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 21 Mar 2009 08:35

I agree Jeremy. It's not that you arent intelligent.. you are obviously and awesomely intelligent (I know its all relative but you go boyy!)

I just feel like with great power should come great responsibility, and therefor when people aren't as articulate or what not, that its up to the wiser person to help them become more than they are. Or... learn more than they know.

Not that tthis is a LAW or rule or anything... but I just feel like it is nice you know?

So like, for me, I have multiple people tell me that I am a certain way that makes me hard to get along with. So... mostly in vain, I try and change.

I feel like with you, you have multiple people telling you that you seem egotistical. Maybe... you should try and be more humble? I think its easier to learn humility than intelligence.. right?

Either way, rock on!

---

As far as zeitgeist, I think watching it give people ideas to toy around with that normally arent givin in the US socialization process. I like that. Because then they are free to observe with the new perspective. In which case I feel like the zeitgeist becomes more apparent, tangeable, and transcendable.

Lavishly Impoverished,
Sam

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 23 Mar 2009 10:21

As far as zeitgeist, I think watching it give people ideas to toy around with that normally arent givin in the US socialization process. I like that. Because then they are free to observe with the new perspective. In which case I feel like the zeitgeist becomes more apparent, tangeable, and transcendable.
Despite whatever half-truths/outright lies are presented as fact in this movie, I will agree that it is atleast a good thing for people to question the institutions examined in the video.

Is it still propaganda? Yes

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 23 Mar 2009 13:38

But if you talk to people who have watched the video, I think the impact of it has been entirely to spread lies and mistruths and lead to those people understanding how the world works even less. It might be good to question those institutions, but only if you have good enough critical thinking skills not to unquestionably accept the claims made in an unresearched propaganda video.

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 25 Mar 2009 00:33

'Tis true. People watch this video and become convinced of the things in it like its scripture. And then when you try to explain that none of the citations check out, you suddenly become a personal puppet of one Geroge Walker Bush

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 25 Mar 2009 03:57

Try telling a communist that big business isn't always evil :P

I think it's a common thread with disagreeing with polarised people though. I was recently accused of being a Muslim terrorist and a Zionist in the same day in my political party, actually by people who could see what I'd said that made the other person call me that as well. Funny, but I think ultimately I'm going to leave the party and avoid people like that.

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 25 Mar 2009 13:01

Sounds like you have some dumb motherfuckers in your political party. Then again which political party doesn't? Bad idea to begin with.

I just skimmed over this thread and I'd like to congradulate ourselves on keeping it relitively civil. I liked this discussion and I'm going to go back and rewatch the first half of Part I to see what I find false.