Diagram representation of Obama's helath plan

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.
BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Diagram representation of Obama's helath plan

Post by BainbridgeShred » 26 Jul 2009 11:24

http://www.house.gov/apps/list/press/tx ... chart.html

This was made by Republican's so how accurate a representation it is is beyond me. Interesting nonetheless.

Tsiangkun
Post Master General

Post by Tsiangkun » 26 Jul 2009 21:08

The republican plan is much simpler, don't get sick. In the event that people should need health care, they published a graphical overview of their plan with this chart.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 26 Jul 2009 23:11

I'd love to see an example of a health plan for a population of a few hundred million people that was less complicated. Looking at it, the complication is only really due to the level of detail anyway, and a number of things included are stakeholders rather than an actual part of the plan.

It does give a good idea though of how many different factors politicians have to balance when coming up with policy, and why it's impossible to have a good grasp of politics without reading thousands and thousands of pages of political science literature, and also why it's often very hard for politicians or political scientists to convince the public that a particular policy is good or bad - when either hundreds of hours of research or trusting the people who have done that research is the only way to form an accurate opinion (especially when you don't know who to trust, or what the factors that need to be researched are).

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 27 Jul 2009 08:58

Lol Tsiang was that your own MS Paitn creation?

Tsiangkun
Post Master General

Post by Tsiangkun » 27 Jul 2009 18:09

Nope, I just saw it on a blog as a response to the republican chart.