Smoke?

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.

How often do you smoke weed?

Never
50%
Only at footbag tournaments/jams
2%
Only at footbag tournaments/jams
2%
Once in a while (A few times a month)
15%
Frequently (A few times a week)
11%
Always (Most everyday, at least once a day)
19%

Total votes: 252

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 12 Jul 2006 10:11

i hate all forms of drugs and have good reason for it, i never have done any drugs, nor will i ever.

and that my perrogative!

*dances like britany spears*

habitat
Post Master General

Post by habitat » 12 Jul 2006 11:49

People love to hate. It makes them feel special in some pathetic, childish sort of way. I never understood that. Fuck everyone with a closed mind as I feel a little sorry for you. Trying drugs will leave you in the same place you were before you tried them, maybe just a little more aware of the world and people.

As Kevin said, it's all about your mindset.
James Randall

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 12 Jul 2006 20:28

i didnt say i hated drugs because i have no clue, i mearly stating that im never going to try them, because of personal reasons that i dont want to discuss...

Just call me hagesy
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Just call me hagesy » 13 Jul 2006 18:38

If used in moderation, drugs can show you a really good time. It is just like everything. Too much fast food, you will get fat. Too much grog you will fuck your liver, too much of a drug your mind will begin to feels it needs it and dependence could happen.

I smoke weed sometimes, it makes me feel good.

I take ecstacy sometimes, when i wanna dance.

Does this make me less of a human being, i think not.

Perhaps in some peoples eyes, but who gives a fuck.

It enhances my worldly experience.

But when you start needing it, that is where decisions have to be made.
Anthony Hagen

Buy O'wheel Bags, he is the man, trust me.

"It is none of my business what other people think.

SandWraith
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SandWraith » 13 Jul 2006 18:57

I've never done drugs because I'm afraid I'll become addicted. I've also never gambled for that reason. One of my friends smokes weed a lot though, and I feel it's my duty as a footbagger to try it at least once (only partially kidding there), so we'll see how that goes next year.
Zach Marine - Member of the Tendonitis Club!
blog

moparman
Shredalicious

well

Post by moparman » 17 Aug 2006 13:22

theres not really anything bad about pot. if you dont get STONED, and just get a head change (in my eyes) you are doing good.

If you think that weed can "cause lung cancer" (some people still do) they just finished a test on it and it doesn't. It ACTUALLY inhibits tumor growth. I understand hating Meth, etc, but even my mom hated people that smoked, until she got with my dad. She then realised 2 things. He was nicer when he got a head change and she read an article in the medicine book, and found nothing wrong with it. it actually had a lot of good stuff. They just dont want people to know that.
Chris Patterson

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 17 Aug 2006 16:48

i <3 weed

i smoke about 4 times a day. it may be "frequent" but ill admit im a stoner. nothings wrong with weed at all... its just illegal.

i was watching this commercial last night. and this is how it went:
screen 1:
"Joanne and David were lost in a blizzard"
screen 2:
"they were on meth and cocaine"
screen 3:
"they froze to death"
end

it was the most far-fetched commercial. it seemed to say (in my own opinion) that if you do meth youll get trapped in a blizzard and freeze to death. if they were trapped in a blizzard what are the chances of them living anyway? if they didnt get high on meth would they have ever been in a blizzard in the first place? plus... those are both stimulants... doesnt that make your body temperature rise? or does it just make your blood thinner? when you freeze to death your heart just slowly stops pumping... did the meth actually help them live maybe a couple hours longer?

yeah... im being very far fetched... but these are the questions people should be asking. you should always question things because you never know the whole truth. but dont just question things to question them.
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 17 Aug 2006 16:54

lol. that sounds like a pretty dumb commercial. it's not simple enough, but it definately sounds like a metaphor to me. They got caught up in a 'blizzard' that they couldn't escape from and they 'froze' to death. get it?

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

gangsta
BSOS Beast

Post by gangsta » 17 Aug 2006 19:29

Pretty good metaphor if you ask me.

And oh yea, Free your mind!

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 31 Aug 2006 02:54

Ive been smoking pot for 5ish years and I can tell you for a fact that I would be better off without it. No matter how you function with it, you would be better without it. You are just using it to avoid dealing with reality. You can argue, but I know this from first hand experience. Everyone should stop smoking pot for a year or more and then smoke it again once a month max with ritual or not at all.

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 31 Aug 2006 06:49

me and my best friend, and a couple other people helped on a blunt or two, smoked an oz. in like 12 hours. this was last night. the epic journey included one blunt of two combined papers that had like 6 grams in it. i played footbag a little. did pretty good. my best string was when i had a blunt in the corner of my mouth hitting it and releasing while i played.
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 31 Aug 2006 10:24

Wow, rolling two blunts together. Never heard of that before :?

For anyone who says that Pot has no negative consequences, I would say you probably don't understand what you're saying. I could go on and explain, but Sam said most of what I wanted to. If you were truely a person content with yourself, you'd have no need to get high. Not that I'm big upping people who don't smoke, because you find ways around your own happiness too.

Also, smoking weed is about as bad for your health as cigarettes.

gangsta
BSOS Beast

Post by gangsta » 31 Aug 2006 17:27

Double blunts rock, as far as blunts go. Also, I completely agree with Sam and Dan.

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 31 Aug 2006 17:31

ive not had weed since my birthday... 16days....

my game has improved by heaps, but my attitude and general health has been worse... im sick, and have been for like a week or so...

and im always grumpy.....

atleast i got footbag....

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 31 Aug 2006 19:09

BainbridgeShred wrote:Wow, rolling two blunts together. Never heard of that before :?
i didnt say i fucking invented the process now did i?

and of course it isnt good for your health. smoking blunts is much worse than smoking cigarettes. but the magnitude of the health risk is also partially dependant on the regularity, of course. if you dont smoke several blunts a day, its probably not as bad as smoking a pack or two a day, which is common for cigarette smokers, roughly. i wish i had a vaporizer...and my own apartment as well.
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 01 Sep 2006 05:26

slapdash21 wrote:i wish i had a vaporizer...and my own apartment as well.
Ive got both of those and I am made in the shade.

Fuck smoking!

I don't SMOKE anything but I get high ALLL THE TIME!

Weed is the best! Smoking is bad.
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 01 Sep 2006 10:46

Supposedly, three joints equals a pack of cigarettes (20). If this is true, I wouldn't be surprised is a single blunt was the same as an entire pack.

jon
Foosebag God

Post by jon » 01 Sep 2006 11:05

BainbridgeShred wrote:Supposedly, three joints equals a pack of cigarettes (20). If this is true, I wouldn't be surprised is a single blunt was the same as an entire pack.
You are referring to the tar content. Blunts do not normally contain rat poisen and other carcinogens... cigs do.
Jon's FootBlog
MSN: jon.haber@gmail.com
"It was clean enough to be thin..." - Andrew W.

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 01 Sep 2006 13:11

What about water filtration?

Would this lower the tar?

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 01 Sep 2006 13:20

I think the only thing water filtration (aka bongs) does is catch some of the ash. And that is only some, not all as some people claim.

Bong water gets nasty because it catches shit that would otherwise go into you so for that reason they are better.

It's a shame that nobody will ever do the scientific testing to determine the cleanliness of weed smoke through different apparatii.

I don't know if tar content is decreased via water filtration.

I guess I could have just said that instead of typing all that other crap.
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!