Nucleus Shoe Website Update

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 25 Jan 2010 13:16

That's UK sizes you're thinking of. I ordered size 9 US, and got a Euro 41 that fits my foot nicely. two short sessions already today - review to come soon.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

will_T
Multidex Master

Post by will_T » 25 Jan 2010 13:22

ah, indeed you are right, i was thinking of UK sizing. anywho i'm hyped to see that some have arrived in new york, maybe mine will arrive tonight!

simplyqueen1
Shredalicious

Sizes

Post by simplyqueen1 » 25 Jan 2010 13:41

I had people locally try on the sizes to verify Euro vs. US fit according to this particular production line. Half the sizes have already been verified and will do the complete size range for quality assurance. (manufacturers do vary and I'm trying to minimize issues so everyone gets a good pair to play in vs. mass sending everything out and dealing with a headache I could fix beforehand). I will list full adjustments with the ranges shortly and update the website. Based on my survey, I made immediate adjustments with both Will's and Matt's order (changed Matt's order to 41 and Will's to 43) and it appears the adjustments are accurate. Thanks to everyone in advance for posting to help the others make a determination with their own sizes.
Last edited by simplyqueen1 on 27 Jan 2010 02:32, edited 1 time in total.
Queency Mateo
San Diego, Ca.

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 26 Jan 2010 13:17

For those of you that now have your shoes... How are they?

I want to see some sick shred from you guys. :wink:

~peace
Go out and shred already.
~Damon Mathews

lotus
Multidex Master

Post by lotus » 28 Jan 2010 06:30

Matt Cross wrote:I ordered size 9 US, and got a Euro 41 that fits my foot nicely. two short sessions already today - review to come soon.
this is the sort of thing i'm after ... thanks for the clear and concise statement matt. i certainly look forward to your full review.

i wear US 9 in both mesh lavers and quantum 02's [size 9 lavers are a little too big but playable] ... do you recommend euro 41 for me also matt?
jeremy is between US 9 1/2 and US 10 in most shoes ... any recommendations for him ... euro 42 or 43?

and queency ... what you said about getting a reliable size conversion chart down that is specific to these shoes, before shipping out orders, would indeed save many future dramas.

we've all been waiting a long time for these ... but personally, i'd gladly wait another few days to make sure i get the right fit.
only the movement moves
lotus
www.elementalfootbags.com

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 28 Jan 2010 10:07

Lotus, if a 9 laver is a little too big, then I would go for a Euro 40, if it's available. size 9 lavers are just right for me, and the Nucleus are just a little bit roomier in the toe than my lavers. However, they do feel a little bit slim compared to lavers, so, if you've got wide feet, you might want to go with 41.
BRICK!

nyfa

kam
Hack Fiend

Post by kam » 28 Jan 2010 10:35

the ordering page on the site has been updated last night.

It should automatically calculate the costs for 1 or 2 pairs (including domestic or international shipping).

For bigger orders, I suggest contacting Queency via the contact page's email or through here.

If anyone notices any bugs, please don't hesitate to let me know. I was working on it kind of late and didn't get a chance to test it in a variety of browsers.

simplyqueen1
Shredalicious

Size 9- Black SOLD OUT... Few more Size 9 Whites

Post by simplyqueen1 » 31 Jan 2010 08:25

There are no more size 9's in Black. And Size 9 in White are running out! Please pass the word on
Queency Mateo
San Diego, Ca.

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 02 Feb 2010 09:43

I guess I missed on the half price deal some time ago? I haven't been on modified in awhile.
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

will_T
Multidex Master

Post by will_T » 02 Feb 2010 10:52

unfortunately yes, the deal ended at midnight on new years.

queency, i know you have 2 different mailing addresses from me, one from the initial payment and one from my second payment for shipping, just wanted to let you know either one is fine, either to nanuet or to pomona. i just can't wait to get my shoes! so exciting!

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 02 Feb 2010 15:43

Muahahahaha

~Damon Mathews

will_T
Multidex Master

Post by will_T » 03 Feb 2010 11:32

grrrrr :twisted:

i feel like a little kid again, waiting for the ups or fedex guy to come every day, and seeing him drive past is just so crushing. maybe tonight though.... :D

Tsiangkun
Post Master General

Post by Tsiangkun » 03 Feb 2010 13:59

I really like these shoes. The canvas is pretty much identical to the old NB CT520. The soles are thin, and the midsole is practically non-existant. The balls of the feet are on the ground, and I get great feel for the surface and bag through the materials.

Quality of the construction is very high, much better than I expected for the price.

Mine run slightly larger than the NB CT300 and the Rod Laver maybe a half size larger ?

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 03 Feb 2010 15:25

I found the actual shoes to be much better than the protos that I had the opportunity to test.

The black ones pictured above are very light and flexible. The toe box has been widened a bit and the materials are more polished (which I was expecting in the final version). The inner mesh liner looks to have been removed (which is good).

I laced these bad boys up as shown and went out and shredded right away. I haven't had a full session yet, hoping tonight. I want to see if I still feel the same way about the toe walls once I start trying some pixies.

I also removed the clipper rails from my lavers in anticipation of these shoes. My form has improved since the change.

Edit: I also love the box they came in. I need to post a picture of that as well.

~peace
~Damon Mathews

Toasty
Shredaholic

Post by Toasty » 03 Feb 2010 16:03

Hello, Modified community! It's been too cold to play here, so I haven't been on in quite some time (2 months?). Anywho, I'd just like to say I received my shoes today! They are absolutely amazing!
Brandin Sharp Image

brianbear
Egyptian Footgod

Post by brianbear » 03 Feb 2010 16:34

got mine at size 12 and they fit great! 11.5 laver fellows, i recommend 12...
Gonna have a sesh in them tonight, but they seem pretty good from some basics, awesome sole esp on the toe the grip is great!
brian "bear" sherrill
buy my footbags
via freedom footbags
or on occasion (also for fabrics) thru modified

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 03 Feb 2010 16:44

Thanks for the review, Brandin!

I know that when players were being consulted about what they want in a footbag shoe, more than half of them said, "Make sure they're amazing", so I'm sure they're happy to know it.
BRICK!

nyfa

Toasty
Shredaholic

Post by Toasty » 03 Feb 2010 16:53

Haha! They really are. They're lighter and much more comfortable than Lavers (And Lavers are already comfortable). So far I'm playing better. That's just me, though.
Brandin Sharp Image

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 03 Feb 2010 20:29

Just got word that mine will be in my hands in a couple of days! Can't wait!
Wasabi wrote:Footbag is not materialistic; it's about challenging yourself and having fun at the same time.
Josh M.
My Website
Pm me for details about Munster Bags!

Tsiangkun
Post Master General

box

Post by Tsiangkun » 03 Feb 2010 21:52

Where is that picture of the box ! I can't wait to see it.

Mine came most awesomely with minimal packaging.