2s bags?

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
TCheas
Hack Fiend

2s bags?

Post by TCheas » 29 Jul 2011 18:06

So whats the deal with 2stich bags? does it make the bag for floppy? but then wouldn't it be easier to tear? i was thinking about getting one but i was scared to without further knowledge

D.
Shredalicious

Post by D. » 29 Jul 2011 18:35

They break in quicker, but run a higher risk of breaking or leaking as the stitches are further apart. IMO they look the best, but also aren't quite as round as 3 stitch bags.
They're much quicker to make for the stitcher, and cost you less!

TCheas
Hack Fiend

Post by TCheas » 29 Jul 2011 21:35

ok well that sounds good and all but im a novice i mean i dont SHRED per say but i stall and can barely dex(it rolls of in some crazy direction before i can go around it) and clipper ok. but from you, if you were in my position would you buy a 2s or 3s? i have a 3s bear bag and it my BABY i treat it like its a human XD

D.
Shredalicious

Post by D. » 30 Jul 2011 05:03

I'm only really at that stage myself. I can do most 1add tricks maybe 1/4 of the time. Still getting there... But I love to make footbags..
I would say it really just comes down to personal preference. Just buy a 2stitch bag and use it as well. After a while you'll work out which one works best for yourself.
I've got a 3stitch Hania bag which I use, (I think it's great, but it's my first pro-quality bag, so I can't really compare it to anyone elses but my own) and I'm just testing out another new 3 stitch that I made for myself.
The Hania stays really round all the time, but stalls easily if you catch it on your foot correctly.
Mine is floppier, and a bit more forgiving, but doesn't set into the air as consistently.

TCheas
Hack Fiend

Post by TCheas » 30 Jul 2011 08:37

hmm i see i guess i could try one then just to see.can you do ATW yet? if so how do you make the bag go striaght up so u can go around it?

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 30 Jul 2011 09:16

TCheas wrote:hmm i see i guess i could try one then just to see.can you do ATW yet? if so how do you make the bag go striaght up so u can go around it?
I know the question wasn't directed at me, but I'll give a stab at an answer.

Do toe stalls where the toe doesn't really move at all it's all in the knee/hip movement. You move everything down while just keeping your toe pretty much parallel to the ground, then reverse this movement and let the upward momentum carry the bag upward without really moving your toe. If you're flicking your toe to set the bag it'll be harder to control. Hope that makes sense.

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 30 Jul 2011 10:52

Check here for differences between 2 and 3 stitch bags.

http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.ph ... sc&start=0
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 30 Jul 2011 11:24

Hey D, can I buy a bag from you when I return to Melbourne?

D.
Shredalicious

Post by D. » 30 Jul 2011 17:27

You sure can Janis. Send me an email when your back, and I'll make whatever you want. I don't really have that many colours atm, but going to make an order soon.

TCheas
Hack Fiend

Post by TCheas » 30 Jul 2011 23:53

yeah tony its kinda making sense but i cant get the move to just be a fluid motion i feel like im half retarted when i try to do it. and on the other leg i might have turrets. yeah im that bad.....

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 31 Jul 2011 06:50

TCheas wrote:yeah tony its kinda making sense but i cant get the move to just be a fluid motion i feel like im half retarted when i try to do it. and on the other leg i might have turrets. yeah im that bad.....
Don't sweat it. When you first start it feels like the bag is just falling too fast to do anything with. As you keep practicing it seems the bag starts to move in slow motion, but really it's just your legs learning to move at super speed.

TCheas
Hack Fiend

Post by TCheas » 06 Aug 2011 01:02

thx tony im getting it like 10% of the time now 8)

well ok im wondering on getting a facile bag with micro suede from Brian bear or a regular Hania. my real question is this, will microsuede affect life span, playability,shape of my bag? if so i will get a Hania (I already have a reg bear bag btw) any opinions?

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 06 Aug 2011 15:50

Tyler,

My experience with microsuede is that it lasts as long as the other popular materials. All the popular materials will last longer if you keep them clean (wash with shampoo when they get crunchy), you don't play on gritty or dirty surfaces, and you are gentle when you play (ie: pick up with your hands).
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

billyg
Hack Fiend

Post by billyg » 13 Nov 2011 17:50

So is a 2 stitch basically like this? - -
And a 3 stitch like this? - - -
If that is correct, then 1 stitch is going through with the needle twice.
Am I correct?
Billy G.

Catopillar
Hack Fiend

Post by Catopillar » 13 Nov 2011 18:16

Yeah that's how the stitching would look on each edge of the pents.
The world is round so we are always upside-down.

Catoblog

Catobags

Jeremy Mellor

billyg
Hack Fiend

Post by billyg » 28 Nov 2011 17:51

I tried a 2 stitch today, and it turned out horribly. I gathered the seemingly perfect amount for aesthetics, but the edges where the pents were next to the hexes were very loose, and sometimes the edges of the fabric would slip outside of the bag. What could have gone wrong? My guess is that I gathered too little(but it seemed like a perfect gather, except for the edges slipping out), or I am using too large panels, so the stitches are much larger than normal. Any other ideas as to where I went wrong? The bag is definitely bigger than a golf ball, possibly 2 or 1.5 times the size of one, so I'm leaning towards the fact that the stitches were much larger than on a golf ball sized bag.
Billy G.