PelletsLLC.com

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
ctravisc
Circle Kicker

PelletsLLC.com

Post by ctravisc » 11 Aug 2012 21:22

So I'm waiting on a response on my quote request through Pellets, LLC., but I was curious if any of you stitchers that order through them could give me an average price per pound of whatever specs of shot you use. And possibly some opinions and advice on what size is preferable. I've read .9mm, so that's the size I got the quote on. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm a n00b stitcher trying to learn the ropes from the pros around here. :lol:

D.
Shredalicious

Re: PelletsLLC.com

Post by D. » 12 Aug 2012 05:06

0.9mm pellets or balls should make a really nice filler, though there are a few dangers when choosing really small filler...

I use this shot that's about 0.5mm diameter, and I had to make changes to the way I made my bags so they did not leak the filler!! I Mainly had to reduce the size of my bleed holes.

If you're just starting out stitching, you'll might go better with something a little bigger. Maybe 1.2mm at a guess...

Also, with super fine metal filler, you're stuck using 100% metal as filler, as you won't find any plastic beads that small.!

Make sure it's stainless steel, tungsten, or at least something that won't rust or corrode.