Champions League Starbag

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
WyrmFyre
Fearless

Re: Champions League Starbag

Post by WyrmFyre » 30 Aug 2013 03:38

Ill take a copy of the templates :D
Ian Cozens
My FootBlog :: PureShred

Strix
Shredalicious

Post by Strix » 30 Aug 2013 09:33

I added an inch mark to the template image for resizing. I tried multiple hosts and upload sizes in an attempt to control the print size, with no success. Once the inch mark ligns up on a ruler or tape measure your there. While using Firefox, if you adjust the page setup scale to 70% the inch mark should be spot on.

This template makes a bag that is 1 3/8"

If a person were to print this off using Firefox. They could print this setting the page scale to 90% and should end up with an inch mark that is 1.25 or 1 1/4". This should result in a template that creates a bag size between 1.75 and 1.6 inches.

Strix
Shredalicious

Post by Strix » 31 Aug 2013 02:02

New Bag: USS in Jazz Blue USL in Flash Red:

Im loving Jazz Blue. Very soft, it does not feel as thick as other USS colors. None the less it does make the bag a little stiffer. I made this bag with a low bite and 2-stitch again. Im using zero gather. I gave it a bathe and rolled it in my hands to massage the stitches. After air drying for a while it is still a tad rolly
( Toe stalling in socks. )

Strix
Shredalicious

Champions Ninja STAR Bag

Post by Strix » 04 Sep 2013 12:24

Ok the new and improved star bag. I increased the template size ( 80% scale in page setup using Firefox ), went deeper on the bite, and used a healthy gather.

I used Wasabis ninja star pattern. It came out amazing on the star bag design. Im diggin how the polar points are triangular. This is attempt #5, sexy and correct size!!!

BEHOLD THE SHURIKEN

ImageImage
ImageImage

Thoughts? Opinions?

Strix
Shredalicious

Post by Strix » 11 Sep 2013 15:39

New pattern. L:7 Its a play on twisted tri-claw.

This whole bag is USS. It came out to 67 grams and 1.6". My last improvement to the template is proving consistent for size. I used a heavy gather on a thick material and it had an adverse affect on the points of the stars. It would do this to USL as well. But none the less the gather is a delicate technique when applied to this design. Otherwise the stars get warped. If the gather is moderate to light, the panels pop nicely and the stars can still maintain good shape. After a good bathe and massage everything settles nicely, stitches and gather relaxes evenly. I still need more practice in my, stitching consistency and my gather technique.

Marks bag #6 I have done in this design. But bag #12 in total. Running out of tungsten. I think I got 5-6 bags worth left. Contemplating on purchasing some SS.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 12 Sep 2013 21:31

wow man, I havent seen this thread for a while. Those are looking so much better. Really liking them man. Looking forward to future one!
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Strix
Shredalicious

LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!

Post by Strix » 14 Sep 2013 03:26

Thanks Nick much appreciated. Speaking of future one...

IN THE WHITE CORNER!!! Wearing the Flash, Sunshine, and Light Blue USL trunks. Weighing 70 grams and measuring 1.75" Noted to be mushy but shreds hard.....

TWIIISTED NIIIIIIIINJAAA

( Roll Rocky Tune )

Super soft and shreddable. Right off the needle it played nice. I still gave it a bathe and a massage and its even better. Stars are not perfect but Im working on it.

WyrmFyre
Fearless

Post by WyrmFyre » 20 Sep 2013 01:31

I gave up when I couldnt quite get a perfect result with the templates your using. I will be trying again tho, only this time im going to blunt the end of the stars (like you would for a hex on a 32), in hope that it removes some wrinkling. Of course, now ive put this idea out there, maybe you'll beat me to it :)
Ian Cozens

Strix
Shredalicious

Post by Strix » 20 Sep 2013 02:52

WyrmFyre wrote:I gave up when I couldnt quite get a perfect result with the templates your using. I will be trying again tho, only this time im going to blunt the end of the stars (like you would for a hex on a 32), in hope that it removes some wrinkling. Of course, now ive put this idea out there, maybe you'll beat me to it :)
Wow Im blown away. You told me you might give this a go. But I honestly did not expect anyone to take a real interest in this. Well not enough to put anything together at least. Thanks for taking the time.

The warped or wrinkled points is frustrating. I have been noticing some stars will come out pretty good and others, well not so much. Im not certain but it seems some of the wrinkling is in relation to stitches that are off a little. Or if the fabric is not lined up just right then the star point will get pulled or pushed accordingly.

I cut out a bag and drew the stitch dots and bite line on every panel. I should be done with it by Saturday morning. Im hoping this will show some improvements!?

Ill let you go ahead with your changes and see what you come up with. I dont feel I have tried everything with my template to change it just yet.

Strix
Shredalicious

Post by Strix » 21 Sep 2013 06:34

1.75" Diameter
65 Grams ( 55g tungsten 10g polly )
60% Full ( approximation )
Deep Bite ( 1/8" + )
Minimal - 0 Gather ( removed slack in thread )

Another Twisted Ninja:

Image Image

Image Image

The hexes cleaned up and are more defined. But the stars still have warping of the points. This is the bag I mentioned has the bite line traced out. I feel the stitching is straight and precise ( some deviations of 1/32" if not less ), yet the stars still have the same problem. I went with 0 gather to eliminate gather from the equation of warped stars. It must be the template. I will try a few more bags with a couple tweaks to the construction. Beyond that a modified template for this design is likely in order.

All things considered Im happy with the results of this latest bag. Absolutely playable yet not quite perfect.

Strix
Shredalicious

Post by Strix » 22 Sep 2013 04:57

WyrmFyre wrote:I will be trying again tho, only this time im going to blunt the end of the stars (like you would for a hex on a 32), in hope that it removes some wrinkling. Of course, now ive put this idea out there, maybe you'll beat me to it :)
I think I did beat you to it...

I got to looking at 92 panel bags and noticed the potential for stars in them:

So with the use of the 92 panel template Will-T posted some time back, I made this:

EDIT: Still working on honing this idea. Will post something with better directions when I get the kinks worked out...

WyrmFyre
Fearless

Post by WyrmFyre » 24 Sep 2013 03:21

Just had another idea that ill try out tonight, will let you know how it goes. Are you on FB? I can send you pictures as i go along

Edit : Tried it, didnt work :(
Ian Cozens

Strix
Shredalicious

Post by Strix » 25 Sep 2013 02:28

WyrmFyre wrote:Just had another idea that ill try out tonight, will let you know how it goes. Are you on FB? I can send you pictures as i go along

Edit : Tried it, didnt work :(
I tried the template from above. I went 55% ( page setup ) on the stars and 65% on the hex, after a couple other size attempts. This made a good size bag. But I could not stand how the stars looked. I ended up going back to my template and came up with something that I can make work. I will post images of the template changes soon.

This is the 2012/2013 UEFA Final 12 Champions League Football ( It would be sweet if one could find printed microsuede that looks like the stars! ) :

Had to post that. Next post will be latest bag and template modifications...

Strix
Shredalicious

Post by Strix » 25 Sep 2013 18:41

As promised...

With the use of this template and the stitch holes indicated, the stars have cleaned up nicely. Only one problem the weep holes are to big. This is a change to the original way I have been stitching this design. I did not have weep holes before. It will be a simple adjustment to maintain this stitching method and tighten up the weep holes.

If one were to enter 75% scale in the page setup, the result of that printed stencil would be a nice golfballish size bag. The bag I created from the original size is a strong 1.8".

So here's the result. This pattern is based on the "L:7" blue / orange / white bag i posted earlier in the thread. Its my new version of Tri-claw / Dada / Atomic :

Image Image

Image Image

Construction:

Shallow Bite
Low Gather
67 gram fill
1.8" diam.

Pattern:

Tri - Claw 1: 7 - hex, 3 - stars
Tri - Claw 2: 7 - hex, 3 - stars
2 Atomic poles: 6 - stars
3 Dada pairs: 6 - hex

Let me know if my lighting needs improvement. On my screen they look good enough. But on other screens I have noticed the images may be a bit dark. Any thoughts or suggestions on the progress would be great. Thanks...