Can penguins play footbag?

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
Max Power
Fearless

Can penguins play footbag?

Post by Max Power » 29 Aug 2014 16:41

Anybody seen these? I just bought a pair for 30 bucks at Marshall's I'm gonna give them a shot tomorrow. They need some mods to the inside, like maybe a little shoe goo to make it flat.

http://www.originalpenguin.com/shoes/ra ... 103OP.html

I'll post in the next couple of days on how they play but I don't really want to do any mods to these cause I have shred shoes that I like a lot and i kinda wanna just use them as hanging out kicks. If anyone has tried these please let us all know. I think that these could be a great option.
Drew Martin

Freedmaster
Circle Kicker

Re: Can penguins play footbag?

Post by Freedmaster » 29 Aug 2014 17:36

I posted about these not too long ago and I think there's a definite possibility they could work. my first shred shoes were an old pair of Penguin Jingle shoes and after modifying the crap out of them they were great and I was able to nail clippers bs no problem. The shape is somewhat similar to the rave. Also that's great that you found them for 30 solid deal

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 30 Aug 2014 07:02

I'm such a dumb ass sorry for making a second thread for this shoe but it's a legit option for footy I think.
Drew Martin

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 30 Aug 2014 07:54

Marc Peralta also texted me pictures of this recently. I think it looks good. Pretty sure he bought them the other day. Let us know, Drew.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 02 Sep 2014 14:26

So, they are pretty ok. They remind me of quantums more then anything else, very little support, very flexible and light. I would highly recommond a mod to the inside to flatten the slope, it's no where near as much as people used to do to the climas. I think it would work best if you cut a small piece of rubber then glued it on with some kind of flexible glue like shoe goo. If you are gonna shred in these you must get a supportive insole, you might end up hurting yourself if you don't. You could remove the inner layer of fabric from the shoe but it seems unnecessary. I like them as much as I like lavers maybe a little more but not as good as q's or units. Overall a very good option I give them a thumbs up. If you are feeling adventures and/or can't find anything you like get these.
Drew Martin