New footbags thread

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
lotus
Multidex Master

Post by lotus » 04 Nov 2010 14:21

my first trades in quite a while ...

AlfBags ...

[img]http://www.elementalearthphotography.co ... t2010].jpg[/img]

i called them my rainbow cloud bags.
he wants me to test the durability of the latex-like fabric used in the bag on the left, but it seems fragile and i like the look of it so much i can't bear to shred it up ... sorry alf :oops:.
the mini on the right is gorgeous! it's all facile and filled to 52 grams with tungsten, so although it's very small it's still only around 50% filled. he considers it to be the best mini he's ever made, and knowing what a great stitcher he is, i feel honoured to own it 8). have played a bit with it and it seems reasonably stally and very clean/responsive ... which is what i'm after in a mini. after a bit more kicking and its first wash, i'm sure it will end up much more stally too ... then it may be perfect :D.

BearBags ...

[img]http://www.elementalearthphotography.co ... v2010].jpg[/img]

i am fairly new to the bearbag phenomonen sweeping modified , but his reputation is indeed well deserved ... meticulous attention to detail, clean and consistent stitching, creativity through being the source of many new footbag fabrics and now through his new designs, great work ethic, and a really nice guy to deal with to boot 8).
oh yeah ... did i mention that his bags ROCK!!?
in the above picture [sorry it's not one of my best], the shiny black/silver/gold microsuede 2-stitch was a gift for a visiting US player and the other two are for me :D. this shimmery black material must be made from sun ripened butter ... it's sooo unbelievably soft! my previous bearbag has been my busking bag for some time now, so i'm delighted to have a backup for when it dies ... if it ever dies, because every week i am surprised that it is still going strong, as i was at first dubious as to how these pretty shiny microsuedes would wear ... they wear WELL!
the animal print bag is an all facile 3-stitch, which will probs become my new busking bag if/when my old 2-stitch dies ... so i've got a little time to kick it into shape. yes, it is pretty soft now, but since i've gotten used to this 2-stitch hybrid of mine, my notions of soft have been elevated :roll:.
nice bags mr bear :wink:.
only the movement moves
lotus
www.elementalfootbags.com

brianbear
Egyptian Footgod

Post by brianbear » 06 Nov 2010 09:47

Oh my Lotus, what a great group of bags!!! those rainbow cloud alf ones are beautiful. and nice action figure ;)
I am loving my Elemental Bags. They each have a little something different I like about them, but my favorite is the 62-panel, it has a really unique feel to it and like how round it stays, with a little more break-in, I think it will have the perfect ratio of roundness/stally-ness. good work Lotus, it was a pleasure trading bags :)
brian "bear" sherrill
buy my footbags
via freedom footbags
or on occasion (also for fabrics) thru modified

Alf
Fearless

Post by Alf » 07 Nov 2010 01:05

sorry, I´m the last!

[img][img]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc13 ... 2Small.jpg[/img][/img]

green/grey set!
(the green is nice slimy in reality)

the mini bearbag had some inspiration, right? :D

cool elemental/trade page!!!

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 01 Dec 2010 06:44

Got 2 things from Australia today. A postcard and a bag full of bags courtesy og Mr. Lotus himself. 3 beautiful elemental footbags.

The postcard Is signed by 5 girls, and it says see you soon on the back... way to be excited ^^
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig

Alf
Fearless

Post by Alf » 01 Dec 2010 13:03

nr.1: nice friends you got there, marco! :D

nr.2: cool, a pure aussi-trade page.
here is a trade bag I got from Ian Pritchard (King Monkey)
[img][img]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc13 ... G_2483.jpg[/img][/img]
mine is on the way to him right now!!!
thnx, mate! the bag rocks!

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 15 Dec 2010 15:27

Here's a Johnny bag I won at KICKASS 3 in September. I kept meaning to take pictures of it. It's the first of a new design he was trying. It's 40 panels!

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 15 Dec 2010 20:20

Muffinman wrote:Here's a Johnny bag I won at KICKASS 3 in September. I kept meaning to take pictures of it. It's the first of a new design he was trying. It's 40 panels!
Have you played it yet? How is it? LOOKS awesome!

lotus
Multidex Master

Post by lotus » 22 Dec 2010 15:44

marco ... sorry for not posting the very cool trade bags that you sent me yet ... i have 1.74GB space on my computer and 6.2GB of photos [mostly nature shots, along with pics of trade bags from both you and waylon] on memory cards to transfer ... hmmm, the sooner i get a desktop the better :roll:.
so i promise to post my marco and wasabi bags ... they are too good not to celebrate here ... soon ... ish :wink:.

erik ... i think johnny called that bag design BIZZARO!?
freakin' cool, eh ... nice prize! and i'm sure it would play just like a johnny 32 would play ... which from all reports is fantastic!
i was trying to line up a trade with him for a bag like this, and one of his 92's i think ... he was interested in some of my 152-panel bags, but he was crazy busy at the time ... this bag looks so good that i may have to try him again in the new year.

alf ... aussie aussie aussie 8O.
that ian pritchard bag looks very nice indeed ... i love the colour combo too! you must have quite a collection of footbags :wink:.
only the movement moves
lotus

lotus
Multidex Master

Post by lotus » 09 Jan 2011 16:08

bags received from MARCO [traded for the elemental bags he posted above with the titties : ] and WAYLON [trades also] ...

[img]http://www.elementalfootbags.com/images ... c2010].jpg[/img]

MARCO bags ...
the black and red microsuede 32 is the softest/floppiest bag i have ever used [and those that know me know that i've used a few : ] ... it's actually too floppy for my style of game 8O. jeremy loved it though, and i know there are plenty here at modified who would sell their mothers for a bag this floppy :wink:.
the solid flash red bag is a good show bag, bigger than usual and of course highly visible ... after break-in it stalls pretty well as it is heavy yet very empty.
these are my first bags from marco ... both very well stitched, and sit well in my current collection.

[img]http://www.elementalfootbags.com/images ... c2010].jpg[/img]

WASABI bags ...
three very different bags from my old tried and tested trade buddy waylon.
it was nice to get a 20-panel from a modified stitcher of note, as i had not used any 20's other than my elemental bags and a few ones that i had stitched myself ... it plays quite differently than a 32, requiring less break-in to be soft and stally, but sacrifices a little in roundness in the air and kicking/setting. this one is fairly full, and i have not really kicked it enough yet to give a proper review.
the tan/print hybrid 32 is really interesting ... the tan hexes are very thin/soft amaretta, and the small pony usl pents have been strengthened by waylon applying patching tape to the panels before the bag was stithed ... very interesting, and i must say that i am a fan ... having such stiff pents keeps the bag fully round, yet surprisingly stally, which is great for my game. i'm not sure how long it will last, but i'll enjoy it while i can.
the blue pent hybrid 32 is the pick of the bunch ... which sadly meant that my playing buddy dr jeremy o'wheel picked it out right away, as i had promised him his choice of the three wasabi bags on their way to me :roll: ... the good news is that we play together, meaning i get to use it pretty much every time we play anyway :D. waylon said that he modelled it on a brian bear bag that he picked up at worlds, and he wanted to put "the same tight and puffy gather and silky fill that that bag had onto this one". which was funny, because i have used a few bear bags lately, and it reminded me of a bear bag from the moment i pulled it out of the envelope. both jeremy and i are well pleased with how it plays, and it is now our busking bag ... good job way :wink:.
only the movement moves
lotus

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 10 Jan 2011 00:47

too floppy? IMPOSSIBLE i say :D i do get that tho, felix zenger told me the same, maybe i need to stitch the microsuede differently, but it fits my style of playing very well. its pretty lazy and stally :D
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig

brianbear
Egyptian Footgod

Post by brianbear » 10 Jan 2011 11:05

wow, i would have sworn that i stitched that 2-stitch bag. i made one exactly like it :)
cool stuff, i like the 20 panel and the red with black arrow bags best.
brian "bear" sherrill
buy my footbags
via freedom footbags
or on occasion (also for fabrics) thru modified

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 27 Jan 2011 13:28

This came in the mail today from Zach Hoffa. It's a prize for the online competition he held. Amaretta and microsuede maybe?

I thought it was going to be a reject bag. It feels great, real juicy. Maybe it's a little egg-shaped, but that might be due to being in an envelope for a couple days.
chris dean

tkdlaxer
Circle Kicker

Bearbag

Post by tkdlaxer » 10 May 2011 09:41

My first hand stitched footbag, just need to get me some lavers now.

I love this bag so far!

Image (Click for bigger)

also you can see my new Knockarounds in the background.

D.
Shredalicious

Post by D. » 27 Jun 2011 02:41

2 Hania Bags I traded for on the weekend. My first footbags that I haven't made, and they're so awesome.
So much softer than I had imagined a footbag could be!
ImageImage

lotus
Multidex Master

Post by lotus » 08 Aug 2011 18:53

[img]http://www.elementalfootbags.com/images ... y2011].jpg[/img]

Two bags received from our newest Aussie stitched Dean [D. on forum].

I loved the look of the bubbly 42, and the 32-panel bag felt like it would be very shredable right from the outset. They are not made from facile, but a micro-suede that he found in a fabric shop here in Australia [they don't sell facile here].

I decided to take them to busking on Saturday [my work : ] and used the 42 for warm-up. The main reason I got this was to see how the different panel structure played for freestyle, but the initial results were not great. I know the 42 would need more breaking in to tell for sure, but my initial diagnosis is that this design is inferior to the 32-panel design for playability [any stitcher out there, please feel free to prove me wrong : ]. The lumps do not really assist in the preciseness of the stalling and the skinny hex panels do not land with anywhere near the consistency of the more triangular hexes on the 32 bags. That said, I still liked the bag and felt that with some breaking in it would be a nice bag for warm-ups and casual freestyle. The filler Dean found at a local craft shop is TINY, and would make almost any bag reasonably stally :wink:.

After dropping a few too many times for Joe Public, I switched to the big guns ... the gorgeous 32! I found this bag very stally and over the 20 or so minutes I freestyled with it, I considered it to be a bag that I would happily play with at a high level on a regular basis ... so props to Dean! It did leak a little filler from the bleed holes, but I'd put this down to just how small the filler actually is ... it's litterally like metal sand 8O.

a funny busking story [that explains why I didn't get to use them longer] ...
Unfortunately, at one point I started interacting with this cute little kid from the crowd who started throwing my bags back at me when I kicked them near him ... then he put my new 32 in his mouth! Normally, this would not bother most players, but because I do a lot of mouth catches and he had a big dressing on his face between his chin and mouth [that his mother then informed me upon my asking, was a horrible festy school sore] ... I felt it best to shelve that bag for the remainder of the day!! So I switched back to the 42, which he quickly managed to get hold of again ... this time I told him, in my serious adult voice, how very important it was to not put it near his mouth ... so naturally he put it straight in his mouth :?!? So both bags then got put aside and I switched back to my last near death BearBag for the rest of the days busking. Needless to say, I gave both bags a wash when I returned home :roll:.
only the movement moves
lotus

Alf
Fearless

Post by Alf » 11 Aug 2011 06:22

wow, both bags look gorgeous! especially the 32!

I had some "metalsandfiller" but you have to stitch double (like you would do for a sandbag). there's no way to stop a bag, which is filled wit that stuff, from leaking.
BUT IT FEELS DOPE!!!

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 30 Sep 2011 13:57

Metal sand fill? Gimme some of that stuff and I'll make a bag that won't leak any of it.

Also, sweet bags D. That 32 does look very juicy.
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

D.
Shredalicious

Post by D. » 01 Oct 2011 16:22

My filler is really fine stainless shot less than 1mm in diameter. Feels sort of like sand, and is very quiet inside the bag. I was having problems with it leaking, but have since adjusted to use smaller bleed holes to keep it all in there.
I could possibly send you some in exchange for some of that disc filler if you get your hands on it...

lotus
Multidex Master

Post by lotus » 06 Oct 2011 23:45

I am in danger of absolutely dominating this topic, but here I go again all the same ...

[img]http://www.elementalfootbags.com/images ... t2011].jpg[/img]
These are all ALFBAGS, and were sent to me on a whim by a fantastically awesome guy [i.e. they weren't even a trade, he just posted them half way around the world for me as a surprise 8O]!
Sorry the standard hybrid is so dirty, but it IS a footbag after all :wink:.

from left to right: standard high gather amaretta/facile hybrid [awesome], mini amaretta/facile hybrid [awesome, if you like very small bags like me : ], experimental facile [a bit stiff and rolly], and xtra large [filled with kicker filler for my kids].
note: Blue/red bag is golf ball sized for reference.

A couple of trade bags from another of my regular footbag swap buddies, Waylon WASABI Lew.

The hexes in the bag on the left are from a dismantled Elemental bag [hence the 'e' logo] ... he posted it, but said he would not sell or trade it, naturally to avoid being sued by me :wink:. Anyway, he said he'd make an exception in my case :lol:. The three pents on the other side opposite the red ones are blue ... the bag looks like a kaleidoscope as it flies through the air!
The 42 is something I am always interested in trying, and it is definately a stylin' looking bag. I have been using the 42 a little and it's super stally. Both are too big, heavy, and floppy for my style of play ... but still sit nicely in my collection all the same.
The EleWasabi is definately a talking point 8O.

These are from Dean Anderson, a fellow Aussie [D. on this forum].

He has only been stitching a reasonably short while, and these are some of his first bags made using facile. I won't get to play with them until tomorrow, but at first glance they look and feel fantastic!
The 32 is about golf ball sized, and the 42 a little smaller ... and his filler is basically metal sand [as discussed in the few posts previous].
only the movement moves
lotus

billyg
Hack Fiend

Post by billyg » 14 Oct 2011 03:07

What does lonn mean?
Billy G.