A Master with a Riceball

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Asmus
Ass Moose

Re: ASMUS' FOOTBLOG

Post by Asmus » 23 Sep 2016 00:15

TOP POST PAINTING!

I am gonna go see a big Daniel Richter exhibition on Sunday. So here is a painting I really like by him:
And here is a good video with him talking about his work:
acxel22 wrote:enjoyed your video with Rory this morning! I'm not a fan of crazy effects but I always like your special touch that makes your videos quite different!

Keep it up!
Thanks Mathieu! I am really happy with the reaction the video have gotten. I think I might start to get some of the respect as a footbag video creator, that I feel like I deserve.

I have already posted the video everywhere, so YOU out there behind the screen can go somewhere else and find it.

I played footbag yesterday. Kim, Nis and I first had a short meeting about DFO and then we kicked. Kim didn’t play too well. Lot’s of Janis though. Nis wasn’t tip top either, but definitely played better than last session. I felt like I played pretty well. I hit that DLO > PLO drill and my infinities felt very good. Had a couple of other highlights but I can’t remember them now.

Life is really good at the moment. Lots of interesting projects. Got a raise at work. Girlfriend is great. Playing footbag consistently. What more can you ask for?

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 30 Sep 2016 01:30

Footbag yesterday with the crew. In attendance were Nis, Kim and Verena back from a trip to Iran. According to her the way to get accepted there is to believe in god and put sugar in your tea. I find that kinda funny. We played for over an hour and I played fairly well. No real highlights but a couple of longish runs. This session also meant that I have now played at least once a week for two months.

As my frequent readers probably know I always have a shitload of projects going on - be it footbag related, drawing, writing or just plain old debauchery. It is often hard for me to find time to it all and just remember where I am at or all my good ideas. I have started using this tool called workflowy to document all of this. Really recommend it. You can sign up here.

Now you might think: “Projects? What projects are Asmus working on now?”. Well, let me tell you. Footbag related I am organising DFO, I wanna shoot new trick demonstrations from FootbagDenmark’s youtube channel and I need to do better product shots for our webshop.
Other projects include an LP cover for a friend, a possible short film and a dream of an art show sometime in 2017. I have also started redoing my website. You can see it here.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 07 Oct 2016 00:06

I used to hate when people said Modified was dying, but now it definitely is. Really looking forward to move my footblog to a new footbag.org site.

The weather has gotten cold and footbag has moved inside, but that does not stop the Fresh Prince of Copenhagen. So we had a getdown yesterday. In attendance were your truely, Kim “The Duke” Mortensen and the long gone but now returned Andreas Hald.

I feel like Andreas had somehow leveled up during his hiatus. Much longer runs and some new things I hadn’t seen before.

Kim hit a beautiful Spender to Ripwalk to start a run. It was so beautiful that I am from now on gonna call it “Splendour”.

I hit some cool stuff:
- Toe Ripwalk > Blurry Rev Whirl
- Blurry Legover > Parkwalk [rpt]
- Blink > Swifter
- Slapping Legover [b2b]

Danish Open is getting close!

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 11 Oct 2016 23:48

Mikko “In The Shadows” Lepisto showed up on my doorstep on monday. As some of you would know he is from Helsinki but lives in Berlin. He had been home visiting and it was cheaper to fly through CPH, so he decided to make a pitstop at Casa De Culo Alces. Mikko was nice enough to bring me a bottle of “Jaloviina”, so somebody named me is gonna get drunk Finnish style soon.

I cooked up some vegetarian lasagna. After that we headed to “Klovnen”(The Clown). “Klovnen” is turning into the bar where I bring footbaggers visiting. I brought Chris Dean there as well. A couple of my friends showed up. A weird old guy said Mikko looked evil and then basically told his entire life story to Mikko without realising Mikko did only understand 10% of what he was saying. He said “Tuttifrutti” when he said goodbye. I might start doing that.

On tuesday I cooked up some chicken fajitas. We filmed some random stuff and then we went to the Gym where we had Worlds to shred. I played horribly and also pulled a muscle under my right butt cheek. Mikko played well and we filmed a bunch. So expect a stupid video soonish.

Speaking of stupid videos - check out this crazy Finnish remix of “101 Dalmatians” that Mikko showed me:

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 21 Oct 2016 00:13

SESSION
I played some footbag yesterday with Andreas. We played close to an hour (decent for a two man showdown).
I played decent, no real highlights same with Andreas. I like playing with him - he likes stupid creative stuff just like me.

DANISH OPEN
Starts in one week! Woop! Still need to get the final stuff done before, but I got shit on lock.
Rest of the board has been sitting with their thumbs up their ass, so I have taken ovah.
Gonna be a decent DFO.
Confirmed foreigners in attendance: Anssi Sundberg, Matthias Lino Schmidt, Aleksi Airinen, Angelo Rendon, Mikko Lepisto
Rumor has it that Milan will also show up.

QUIZ
It’s that time of the year again, where I test your knowledge of FootbagDenmark. Who are the footbaggers in the picture below?
(All photoshop credit goes Jasper - he is not one of the persons here)
The first to get everybody right get early access to the 4(!) videos I hope to get done before 2017.

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 21 Oct 2016 09:38

Kim M, Asmus, Nis, Troels, the Blau, Mads Hole, and Verena.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 25 Oct 2016 00:16

Derek wrote:Kim M, Asmus, Nis, Troels, the Blau, Mads Hole, and Verena.
YOU WON! But you already know.. :)

Played some BAG FU with Chairman NZA yesterday. He had a rough day at the office. I played so/so. We only played for 45 minutes, but that's fine since DFO starts on friday and we need to be Friggity Fresh. I had one highlight: Terrage > DLO [rpt]

Modified is really depressing these days. :(

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 25 Oct 2016 02:43

What would make modified less depressing?
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 25 Oct 2016 02:45

Tjuggles wrote:What would make modified less depressing?
Activity.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 25 Oct 2016 11:06

I could only name you, Troels, and Blau. I suck at footbag Denmark :P

I'm going to try to use modified more often. It definitely has been quiet here. I saw the business that you created for Joulukalenteri! So sick! Can't wait for everyone else to see it!
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 25 Oct 2016 12:46

Asmus wrote:
Tjuggles wrote:What would make modified less depressing?
Activity.
Got it.

PS I got everyone except for Kim and Troels...
TJ Boutorwick

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Cass » 25 Oct 2016 13:49

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 31 Oct 2016 06:39

Danish Footbag Open 2016 - Day #1

On friday I had to get up at six, because we had “customer day” at work. I first got back from our trip at 17:00 so it had been a long day and I was already feeling pretty tired, before the event had even started. I headed directly over to my little brother’s place and I got their just as Matthias Lino Schmidt and Angelo arrived from Berlin. We drank a few beers and couple of shots of Berlin’s finest (Berliner Luft) and Copenhagen’s finest (Grøn Gajol).

Fun fact: This weekend it was exactly 12 years ago I went to my first Danish Champs. First time I travelled to Copenhagen on my own. First time I met FootbagDenmark. First time I hit Legover (or was it Mirage?). Pretty crazy.

After getting a little buzz going we slowly walked to the event site. Quick pitstop on the way for some Falafel. We got to the event site and a lot of people were already there (Aleksi and Anssi for example). Nobody played but it was nice to catch up with everybody and get even more beers. After some hours we headed to Søren Ged’s Garage (which roughly translate to Sonny Goat’s Garage). I left soon after but before going I gave Angelo and Matthias directions to my favorite techno club in Copenhagen - Culture Box. They apparently ended up having a very good and very long dancing night.

I somehow ended up behind the bar at the event site with this crazy doll head.

Day #2 coming soon.

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 31 Oct 2016 14:14

great face hair buddy.
TJ Boutorwick

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 01 Nov 2016 01:57

Tjuggles wrote:great face hair buddy.
Thanks Champ!

Danish Footbag Open 2016 - Day #2

I did not having any of our foreign guests staying at my place, since my girlfriend’s dad and little sister was staying at our place this weekend. I had a quick breakfast with them and headed to the event site. At the event site Jan Birkel and Mathias Blau was already waiting to get in. It was great to see Blauski again. He is currently studying in Mannheim, Germany.

Look at how nice match.

Soon after Nis arrived and we headed into the event site. The event site is named “Folkets Hus(literally translated The People’s House)”. It is user-controlled which has resulted in a lot of hardcore pusher dudes has taken over parts of it. Top floor is a sports room, which we used for competition and the bottom floor has a nice café where we had beers the first night.

After helping a little with setting up. I slowly started warming up. First competition was routines and I had the worst seed. The competition kept getting pushed back, so I never really got warm. I also stupidly changed my routine song right then and there and ended up getting pretty nervous before getting “up” on stage. Safe to say my routine completely sucked. Highlight from routines was Mikko’s hilarious routine (which only got more hilarious from me accidently fucking up his music), Matthias Lino doing a good routine to super load dubstep with the worst hangover I have ever seen him have and finally Mathias Blau winning it all with a great new routine (unfortunately with two drops).

--- FULL RESULTS FROM ROUTINES ---
1. Mathias Blau (Danish Champion)
2. Aleksi Airinen
3. Mikko Lepisto
4. Matthias Schmidt
5. Nis Petersen
6. Angelo Rendon
7. Asmus Helms

Mathias Blau is now 9 time Danish Champion!

Mathias Blau during cirlce qualifies

Next up was Circle Competition. I did not compete in this and only watched with half an eye since I wanted to catch up with all the people that had showed up. Surprisingly many people showed up to watch the showdown including some of my colleagues, Danish legends like Nikolai Lorentzen, Lise Thygesen and Mads & Mads and a couple of members from the Danish Foosball Club.

--- CIRCLE RESULTS ---
1. Mathias Blau (Danish Champion)
2. Mikko Lepisto
3. Aleksi Airinen
4. Nis Petersen
5. Matthias Lino Schmidt
6. Angelo Rendon

Next competition was Sick3. I started out and hit my safety combo DATW > Dimwalk > Far Symp Reverse Whirl (some of you might remember it from 2007). I did not manage to hit anything else. It turned out that nobody else from Denmark decided to compete so for the first time I am the Danish Champion in something. I also beat Matthias Lino since he did not hit anything.

--- Sick 3 ---
1. Mikko Lepisto (Blurry Whirl > Void > Pdx Torque)
2. Asmus Helms (DATW > Dimwalk > Far Symp Rev Whirl)
3. Matthias Schmidt / Angelo Rendon (No combo hit)

Next up was Sick1. I decided to try to go for the win and did not hit anything unfortunately. Here are the results:

--- Big 1 ---
1. Matthias Schmidt (Blurry Whirling Rake)
2. Mikko Lepisto (Blurry Flux
3. Angelo Rendon / Asmus Helms (No trick hit)

We had initially planned to do Request, but we were running out of time so we decided to skip it.

Next up: Dinner, Award Ceremony and Party!

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 01 Nov 2016 06:32

Danish Footbag Open 2016 - Night #2

Pre-dinner beer at Props

After some quick cleaning a bunch of us headed over to the bar with the footbag related name “Props” and had a beer. After that we met up with even more footbaggers at the restuarant “Ahaa” and had dinner. They did not serve alcohol, but I bought a ginger beer and mixed it with Finland’s Finest (Jaloviina). To go a long with that I had Falafel once again. It was excellent.

Anssi did weird little comics for everybody after dinner

When everybody were done, we headed back to the event site to have the very unformal prize ceremony, get crunk and to watch Mads Hole’s new video DORM SHRED - which you have probably all seen by now.

BLAUSKI getting crowned.

After that lilbro, Angelo, Matze and me headed to my lilbro’s place to shower and get fucked up - I succeeded a bit too much at the latter part and the rest of the night was a bit of a blur. I had fun though.

Overall it was a kickass weekend!

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 01 Nov 2016 13:40

Looks like a great time had by all.

Had not seen dorm shred before. Yikes!
TJ Boutorwick

LinoSphere
BSOS Beast

Post by LinoSphere » 03 Nov 2016 08:36

dude, that was an awesome weekend! hope your sunday wasn't too bad, mine was a bit weary for sure. still recovering ;)

thanks for organizing! see you next time, and let me know once dates for distortion are set, alright?
Matthias Lino Schmidt

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 03 Nov 2016 15:32

Nice writeup, sounds like you had a pretty good turnout. Would be awesome to go to Denmark again sometime.

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Cass » 04 Nov 2016 14:44

Looks like it was a fun event! Denmark has a bad ass scene.