Kljopa's Blog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Commodore
Shredaholic

Post by Commodore » 13 Dec 2009 12:25

What are you studying in the university?

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 14 Dec 2009 02:30

Youth work

noorsootöö :wink:

Commodore
Shredaholic

Post by Commodore » 14 Dec 2009 07:09

Cool :)

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 20 Aug 2010 02:42

Wow, havent posted here for half a year.

Im still playing. The spring season was coming back from the back injury. I shreded alot in June and over exhausted myself which lead to a cold which kept going for some time so i didnt get to shred much in July, i also was on practise in a camp as a camp leader, which was quite fun.

Right now im playing like 4-5 times a week. Some parts of my game suck here and there, i have to drill. A thing i enjoy is that swirls are near to a good level, always fun to start a string with toe dyno>diving osis>swirl.

Set the goal of swirl x 10 bs, so far x7 or x8 bs the record.

I planned to drill so much during the summer and tryed too hard. There ya go, never expect your plans to come true perfectly, its a bad habbit.

Peace

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 22 Aug 2010 02:09

Good news

We are on a talent show. Me and Alexander were on a casting today and it was quite good counting we made up the whole thing on the spot. 3 drops i think, good synchro in the end. We passed easily, all the jugdges were like: OK, good, great! See you in Tallinn

Maybe some new people will come up after seing us on TV.

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 04 Sep 2010 07:32

So we passed to the semi finals of the talent show today :D

Semi will be in October, which gives time to get healthier. Both Sasha and me are a bit ill.

We will pick a new song and prolly do the same routine with minor additions(a judge asked for synchro juggling).

For the casting we had

Prodigy - The Trick

For today we had

Prodigy Breathe

And for the semis it will probably be

Prodigy - Baby's got a temper

Prodigy fits footbag so much :twisted:

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 13 Sep 2010 09:55

Im still being a bit ill, i decided to take a week off from work and school(i will only attend norwegian class on wensday).

I found a great price on manual therapy, been to two sessions already maybe 3 more and my back will be like new. i have been having problems with it.

Probably not going to play untill next week.

Love the old vasek/felix footage that mathieu uploaded.

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 24 Sep 2010 23:27

Finally im feeling better, feeling strength and energy during the session. The lack of energy on sessions were quite depressing.

The rest was definitely a positive thing both for my body and my mind.My back feels better also, going on my last massage session on sunday.

So i played the last 3 days, im taking off today and maybe play tommorow.

Shred highlights:

toe blender>step op lo>rpt a few times
toe set near symple swirl>ripstein bs
changed my form on flip spinning, i used to tap the floor for some reason, strangely i never noticed it before.

Going to start striving for my goals that i have set during the summer which are:

60 ripwalks - my best is prolly 20-25
atomic miragex15
quantum miragex15
drifterx25 - i've hit 24 once, 16 yesterday first try
blenderx10 - 4 best
barflyx15
swirl and rev swirlx10 bs

We had 2 new guys on our session yesterday, I think they are excited to train with us, they are just kickers. Maybe they will get into it.

The semi finals of the talent show should come up in 2-3 weeks

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 27 Sep 2010 10:17

Nice to notice people reading my blog!

So i had a session with Fedja on sunday, we played for about 2 hours and 20 minutes, which is good! Another killer session in terms of exhaustion.I had some good strings which i felt happy with.

I remember these moments:

pdx torque>swirl to start a string BS
symp whirling swirl>infinity>symp whirling swirl>string Vasek influence.Been watching them old videos quite often

zooming ss osis>zooming op osis>rpt a new drill for me, flipside frigid osis is getting better, i want to master this concept it feels cool.

Toke today off, maybe will have a solo session at Uni at 10am before the lessons.I hope nothing will bother me the upcoming time and i will be able to progress in shred

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 28 Sep 2010 09:50

I read it ;)
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 29 Sep 2010 08:06

I read all your posts bro.

Good luck with the talent show.

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 29 Sep 2010 08:44

Thanks for dropping by guys :) i appreciate it!

I had a small session yesterday in the morning, which was hard and i shouldn't have done it.Playing in the morning is always hard unless you woke up at 6 and did some yoga, which i havent done. I was cleaning my liver on monday (it dont know if it makes sense in english) cause of that i felt some weakness in the late evening and in the morning but i was too stoked to play.Well, a running nose again in result. Didn't do anything worthy telling besides swirlx8 on one side.

Nevertheless i played with Fedja today, feeling okay now. Taking off tomorrow and play on friday.

Some highlights:

butter>gyro dlo>rpt i tryed it last session and i felt that it is reachable, something clicked for gyro, hopefully it will remain that way.

symp whirling swirlx2 bs this definately feels funny to hit

spinning whirlx3 its from sundays session i forgot to post

My strings arent long though, i have the tricks but something is missing to glue them all together, or it's just me trying to link harder tricks.

One thing that kind of bothers me a little bit is that my idea to link some break dance moves with footbag isnt going anywhere, couple of things are made up, but no time for practice now, and i have to catch up with shred, and breaking is very hard, very.Im not giving up on it though, hopefully a much healthier way of life plus regular yoga will give extra power and ill be able to chip in them bboy sessions.

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 01 Oct 2010 06:44

Rested yesterday, i even skipped University. Played for almost 3 hours today.

Jani bs, strong side is good, i even almost nailed fury which felt exciting, flip needs work on balance on stepping\furious set.

merlinx4, with fifth landing near the toe.
ss butter>pdx merlin>rpt
vortex>gyro dlo perfect execution it felt soo great, with a high set after the dlo like cleaver does.

toe set op osis>swirl>osis>swirl>osis>swirl>near mirage>rpt

spinning whirl>scorpions tail BS toke me some try's

osis>gyro sis>gyro clip>osis>gyro osis>spin clip>rpt>spinning osis>gyro clip its a new drill

It was so wonderful to come out of the youth center after stretching out, the weather is a beauty today, nice warm autumn weather. Going to play on sunday with Fedja, todays session was also with Fedja.

Would do good to drill flip clipper tomorrow , maybe ill try it, but in my flat though, nowhere to go on weekends for free.

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 02 Oct 2010 10:00

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfMTX3hoBYs[/youtube]

2 little juggling runs. Haven't played footbag today, i helped my mom clean up the flat and mowed the lawn. Looking forward to shred tomorrow.

I didn't juggle for some time , just wanted to see what my juggling looks like, i should do it more often, 3 balling is fun!

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 03 Oct 2010 06:12

Not a bad session with Fedja.

The best thing that happened is my flip stepping improved, i found the lost balance for it.
A few janiwalkers BS
food processor bsos
far swirl>ripstein firsty try
atomsmasherx6 not much, not much
toe set op dyno>spinning whirl BS

Im into blogging again,hehe. Ill try to shred more next week, probably solo at Uni before the lessons tomorrow.

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 04 Oct 2010 00:22

Today's morning session was a success comparing it to last tuesday attempt.Still its hard to get past this morning soreness, but yoga definetely helps.

I played for about an hour and a half.

Spinning osis>swirl>rpp - Yeah! This drill is awesome.

merlinx4 again

Art and society lesson right now, it's all in estonian language, making it less interesting from the start. Psychology afterwards and then home, wont play again today.Some things to be done at home and then off to work.

Having a laptop is a huge bonus. Studying isn't as boring as it was :lol:

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 04 Oct 2010 08:33

I lied, i did play again today :P work was canceled :D how awesome is that? 2 sesions in one day during the school season.

gyro dlo>merlin BS

spinning osis>gyro clipper>osis>spinning clipper>rpt

ducking osis>gyro clip>spinning osis>gyro clip>rpt

toe set op osis>mobius BS

a few good looks on mobius b2b. oh yeah! that will feel super

toe op osis>gyro mirage>toe op osis>gyro pick up>rpt

toe set ss osis with no plant>rev swirling toe>rpt

I loved how i felt the bag on them clippers, if only it was always like this!

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 05 Oct 2010 12:35

:lol:

Woouhhh life is changeable like a river. I've read some of the first pages of my blog, maan was i obsessed.I feel guilty though for thinking that far osis was spinning osis :lol: but i thought so.

One thing that made me smile also is when our lavers came in and we had them little wounds that hurt alot if you wear shoes, and we played barefoot. the next day we totally taped our legs and played in lavers ahaha :lol:

Crazy times, like august 2006 . i played for like 2 weeks everyday 2 times? Imagined myself playing if i was guided by some skilled player and drill all the basic aspects to 50-100. Ummm!

This got me thinking , i was progressing really fast, right now i havent moved on so much for the past year, which is not the best thing to take in mind. Knee pain here and there in 2008 which came back several times. Then i spreaded my time on different things like bboying,popping etc. Which good i think, i have skills which i can give to the youth and develop myself while being on work.Yeah and the back problem last year when i was just getting back in action. Finding yoga somewhere there in mid 2008 and slowly getting into it. It changed me so much actually, it feels even strange looking back a few years ago.

Still sad to accept that my shred level didn't go that high, now i'm playing often, im still serious with it.I still want to become very good and hit dropless routines and mind blowing links all that stuff.

I got to excited about all of this and its late already, i would love to read more of my blog and drop some thoughts here but i have to wake up at 7am, and now its 0.35, very rarely i stay up this late.

Peace everyone! One love, and thanks for reading if you made it.

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 06 Oct 2010 06:50

Having read the other pages of my blog today during the lessons i got quite pumped to play harder.So there I was thinking about shred and bum the youth center is closed.I gave my room a try, the floor was to slippery in shoes so i had a sock session.

Close to pixie merlin b2b! just missed the last delay, would be hard to pull it off in shoes.

Drilled eggbeaters,pixie and fairy. Filmed some stuff, i just might put it all together and post a little blog video later today.Going to work in a few minutes, thank goodness i work for 2-3 hours maximum 8)

Oh yeah i have started to do pull ups again, i started it mid summer and didn't do any since september, well cause being ill.

I did 7,6,5,4,4 today. I use reckon pull up program, if i stick to it ill be doing 25-30 by summer.

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 06 Oct 2010 10:32

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pEjH9DsUr0[/youtube]

as i promised here is a small video some combos hit today , some at other solo sessions.