F.A.T.

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
semiconscious
Multidex Master

Post by semiconscious » 29 Dec 2009 15:36

No more places with granite floors, fatties. Ma knees can not handle the strain.
Sam Neale

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 30 Dec 2009 08:29

Liams place is cool. If people would prefer to meet in T.O. the Bahen center is good to go on weekends. Other than that I'm at a loss. Most of our other Toronto spots are good enough for 2-4 people, but more than that gets tricky.

P.s. anyone want to shred today.....just in case anyone sees this in time. Text me!
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 30 Dec 2009 17:23

Cool little basement session today. Lots of fun stuff.

I'm thinking of filming a new video. Any suggestions for some cool links/drills/runs/tricks that anyone wants to see? I'll practice up any of the links/components I'm not quite there on, and hopefully I can get a little improvement out of this. If anything is waaaaay out of my league, I'll just dumb it down by a dex or add. ;)

Anyway, hope to session with all y'all soon!
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Johnny
Post Master General

Post by Johnny » 04 Jan 2010 19:48

Would everyone be able to make it to Liams for Saturday? Is that too far for you Cassy/Andrew/Justin? I'll do my best to make it worth your extra travelling time!! Of course if you fatties don't want to make the trip I guess I understand...

I suggest Liams because Zach Forth will be coming from London and it will be more central. As well it will give us a chance to hang out after shred -- something we rarely get to do. Were lucky to have this many shredders in the area and we don't get together enough.

Please allow time for post-shred festivities! What does everyone drink?

Camille, Sam, what are you guys saying?

I'll try to get Jay, Jorden, and Larni to come! Dan and Tom should show.

I'll have footbags for sale and I'll probably give out a few as well.

I'm bad at the whole HYPE HYPE HYPE thing, but I'm really trying. Let me know what's up everyone!
Johnny Suderman

Justin Hall
Shredalicious

Post by Justin Hall » 05 Jan 2010 07:33

Liam's house is perfectly fine with me. I don't mind the train ride, especially for a meet like this. Do you have a rough time planned and i booked off work so ill be able to stay the whole day.

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Cass » 05 Jan 2010 10:43

Yeah Liam's works for me too. I promise I will show this time :)

semiconscious
Multidex Master

Post by semiconscious » 05 Jan 2010 13:05

Yeah, I'm definitely going to make it, I'm just gonna need some directions. Yay shred party! When are we thinking? I'd like to get started moderately early.
Sam Neale

Johnny
Post Master General

Post by Johnny » 05 Jan 2010 14:30

I'll probably be arriving around 3pm and staying until late.

You'll be getting out at Clarkson GO Station if your taking the GO, otherwise its the Winston Churchill exit off the highway. I'm not sure Liam wants his address posted publicly or not, so just email me at john.suderman at gmail and I'll reply with the address..

Just fyi-there's an LCBO quite close to the Clarkson GO if you wanted to stop and do some shopping. Liams is only about 3km from the station so if you coordinate your arrival times, a cab to his place would be the cheapest and most efficient way of getting between a and b. I'd pick you all up but I'm not driving down this time so I can't. I'm taking the train too- with Zach.

Everyone email/pm/phone-bomb Tom to make sure he comes out!
Johnny Suderman

LiamLindop
Circle Kicker

Post by LiamLindop » 07 Jan 2010 08:04

Greetings.

My place currently has 3 easy areas to get going to play. The kitchen, the hall and the family room. (We usually play in the hall way, with sometimes the family room being used). The family room has carpet for those who like a softer surface. I'm cleaning up the basement and the garage to add 2 more spots for playing.

There are 4 bed rooms for people to crash in and 4 bathrooms, so the place can accomodate quite a few players if need be.

I'm down for Saturday, it sounds like it's starting to shape up!

LiamLindop
Circle Kicker

Post by LiamLindop » 07 Jan 2010 08:14

There is also a bus you can take at Clarkson Go-Station. If you use your Go-Train ticket, the bus is 50 cents.

Basically you have to go to the bus circle, which is on the south side of Clarkson station. There will be a few buses, all of them are Mississauga buses, EXCEPT one is an Oakville bus. You will notice that they are slightly different colour themes (the Mississauga one is like orange white black i believe, and the Oakville one is white blue black i believe).

You don't have a lot of time to catch this bus if you get off the train arriving from Toronto. If you are able to catch it, tell the driver to let you off at Wynten Way and Sir David. You will only be on the bus for about 10 minutes or so. This only works for now if you have a cell phone. You will be super close to my house, but my area all looks fairly similar, so it’s hard to explain sometimes. You could also map quest it. It is kind of tricky to figure out the first time but it’s do-able and saves $.

Cab is about 10$, so if you take it with a few people it’s not so bad. We also might have drivers at my house if you call ahead.

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 08 Jan 2010 17:07

Yo fatties!!! I'm probably gonna be rollin' on down to Liam's place around 3, and I'll be driving a jeep with only 2 seats in it, which means we can illegally stuff at least 20 footbaggers in there, no problem. So if any of ya'll are arriving at the GO station at around 3 sharpish, then fire off an email to dancyr at driftposse dot com and tell me you want the wild ride ((it WILL be wild)) over to Liam's. Otherwise, I'll see ya'll down there!
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip Hard 2: Skip Harder
Skip Hard With A Vengeance
Coming soon. Yippee-kieaye-eh?
Skip-blog

semiconscious
Multidex Master

Post by semiconscious » 09 Jan 2010 11:45

Hey you guys, I realize this is really late, but I've decided I'm not coming tonight, as my knees are taking much longer to recover than I thought, and I really don't want to make an injury that may need another week or two into a multi-month recovery. I'm pretty bummed about it, but hopefully you guys will want to meet up again in the not-too-distant future. I hope y'all have a great time!
Sam Neale

Johnny
Post Master General

Post by Johnny » 21 Jan 2010 14:14

Its cool Sam, I should have done the same thing.

Are you guys dead?!
Johnny Suderman

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 22 Jan 2010 16:00

I'm alive!
This weekend?
Anybody?
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip-blog

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 24 Jan 2010 08:07

Guess not?
Alright, well, I'm ready to go for the next weekend then!
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip-blog

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 28 Jan 2010 22:17

Quick little highlight interlude.

Spanishfly

Flip Jani

Dolomite

Word.
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 29 Jan 2010 06:27

Fancy that Adam. How much have you been kicking?

And how often has ALL of Toronto been kicking? HIGHLIGHTS people! We want to read them :P
Jay Boychuk

Justin Hall
Shredalicious

Post by Justin Hall » 29 Jan 2010 19:07

I have been playing about ten hours a week. Since i played in Oakville I hit:

toe drifter>pdx mirage

osis repeat (once)

bs whirl

flip ps mirage

illusion>ss illusion repeat

and i have been working alot on my ducking and clippers along my with downtime illusions.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 31 Jan 2010 16:47

I'm coming back to live in the Toronto area in the summer :twisted:
Probably just before Oshawa. But maybe closer to downtown.. Oooohh, especially if people can give advice on cheap apartments and jobs!

I'm probably gonna U-Haul.
Not finalized yet, but in the makings!

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 02 Feb 2010 23:21

I kick 3-4 times a week on average these days. Feel pretty good about the shred level, and am constantly (if slowly) improving. Oh, and I can actually spin now. Whats up with that. ;)

Amazing Erik! Wow...hopefully I'm not treeplanting for the entirety of your stay. :P

Also, good stuff Justin....We'll have to arrange a session in the near future.

Highlights? Hmm...what have I hit recently? :P

Footed flip Scorp

Bsos Spinning Whirl (disclaimer:FLUKE!!! My flip is pretty iffy)

Atom>Smear>Atomic legover>Smear>Rpt X 1.5

Toe ducking Barrage....Sam said is was clean-ish. :P

Blurriest>Blurry Drifter>Blurriest

Some wonderfully wonderful drifter runs....lots of smokes and Pdx drifters :)

And this is from a couple weeks ago.....

Bed>Dimmiest>Haze>Smog>Dimmier 8O
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog