F.A.T.

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 22 Sep 2010 17:17

Good question. I assumed 5, 'cause I think I saw that somewhere on Facebook, but it would be nice to know when everyone else plans to be there.

For me, it doesn't matter too much, but I'd ideally like to bring my bike on the GO Train, and I have to plan for that 'cause I can't between, like, 3:30-6:30, or something...

Also, if I end up coming in earlier with my bike, is anyone free to hang? >_____<

BuckRuckus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by BuckRuckus » 22 Sep 2010 17:38

I could come earlier to hang. I could bring my board and we could ride around or whatever. Do some shopping. Shoot the shit. I guess I can play whenever is best for everyone - I'm free to hang out all evening - but I can't play for more than an hour or two.

I just want to see everyone!

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 22 Sep 2010 18:00

What's your cell number, Mike?
My number is 905-424-5027.
When were you thinking of heading downtown?

I was actually thinking of cruising the bike trails anyway. We could do some of that. Maybe I can try to long board @_____@ If I bike I'll come in by maybe 3ish? But if not I'll just come whenever and walk from Union to Dundas Square.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 22 Sep 2010 20:05

Is anyone interested in a remake of this some time while it's still warm enough? Adam and Josh? Do you guys have bikes?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xptsScA9Un4[/youtube]

Langstaff
Multidex Master

Post by Langstaff » 22 Sep 2010 20:43

I have to work until 5, but as long as you guys are gonna be at Yonge and Dundas for a while I will probably make it out too!
Andrew Langstaff

BuckRuckus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by BuckRuckus » 22 Sep 2010 22:19

I have no cell phone.

I could come in for 3, Erik. There are a few shops I might want to check out. The skateboard shop. Maybe silver snail. We could hang out and boot around the city a bit. I certainly can't start shredding at 3 unless we want to finish by 4!

I guess since this shred was my idea I should take charge and make some executive decisions: Shred starts at Yonge and Dundas at 6:17 pm. We can move to a better location once everyone shows up if we want - or if its raining. Hopefully enough of you have cell phones to make hooking up easier.

If that time sucks for everyone, we can change it. But speak up early on Thursday!

Erik or anyone who needs to reach me: my home phone is nine oh five, five two six, six nine nine nine. Best chance to reach me is before 2pm - at which point I may be on my way to Toronto.

Hope this all works out in the most awesome way possible!

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 23 Sep 2010 19:31

A nice Mike Faille + F.A.T. jam.
Adam hit blurriest and pixie paradon both BSOS, and pixie DOD > hand catch to end the run.

Also, hang out was nice :)
Hamilton session in the near future!
(And KICKASS tomorrow!)

BuckRuckus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by BuckRuckus » 23 Sep 2010 20:00

Yeah! Great to see all you guys!

Once my collar bone heals up, think I will start practicing again - mainly as a form of exercise (sure beats jogging). Like I said, I'll stop fretting over improving my flip clipper and focus on my toe game. That will hopefully relieve some of the frustration that led me to quit in the first place. Pixie, ducking, legover and ATW is all I need to be happy!

A Hamilton session in the near future for sure! Have fun at KICKASS everyone!

BryanFournier
Shredalicious

Post by BryanFournier » 23 Sep 2010 20:04

Last edited by BryanFournier on 01 Mar 2011 17:20, edited 1 time in total.

BuckRuckus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by BuckRuckus » 24 Sep 2010 05:50

Ha ha. I meant no offense to the activity of jogging or its practitioners.

But for cardio, I'd rather try and aim for 400 consecutive ss legovers or something. Build up endurance and skill at the same time.

BryanFournier
Shredalicious

Post by BryanFournier » 24 Sep 2010 11:45

Last edited by BryanFournier on 01 Mar 2011 17:20, edited 1 time in total.

Langstaff
Multidex Master

Post by Langstaff » 24 Sep 2010 16:25

Umm unfortunately I'm canceling my KICKASS plans.. My apologies if this lets anyone down. Hope it's a blast!
Andrew Langstaff

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 26 Sep 2010 14:57

KICKASS3 was super fun :D
Lots of players with whom I was excited to hang and shred kind of bailed last minute (though Johnny made it!), but it was still really cool, and got to know other people better, which was cool.

Johnny didn't compete (no challenge? :p), and I won! Yay! My first tournament! It may be the first, or maybe second, tournament in which I've competed outside of Hackrifice and ShrEdmonton. I think it was mostly fluke that I even beat Adam and Mathieu, but I'm super happy about it!

Some highlights for me:
-spinning reverse whirl > gyro reverse whirl [repeat] (First try? I think I've hit the combo once before)
-paradon swirl (Second try; second time ever hitting it)
-reverse montage > handcatch > other side
-mobius > mobius again (in only a few tries)
-gyro diving reverse whirl (I think it's a new trick, though maybe not the more I think about it. It was cool though, 'cause it was pretty deep midstring, and I didn't plan it at all. Also it was flipside. Ha! (I think I dropped trying the other side))

We played bananagrams for my first time.
Tom Mosher and Johnny Suderman both brought this game I'd never heard of before. I took on Josh Lackey, and it was super close. I love word games. There was also lots of slacklining and nerdy footbag partying :D Oh yeah, and I have to take pictures of the sick Johnny bag I won. It's too hard to describe.

Oh yeah, I also opened... a run in circle contest with blurry reverse whirl > stepping reverse whirl [repeat] > PS reverse whirl > spinning clipper [repeat]

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 27 Sep 2010 13:59

Erik, your play is always so fun to watch. This weekend was no exception. Congrats!

Adam, you played so well! I can't believe how much better you've been playing lately!
Joshua Lackey
"Class is what I do during my Footbag breaks"
Challenge me! Toronto/FAT Footblog

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 28 Sep 2010 16:20

Filmed a solo session today.
I'm sorry, but I didn't realize how FUCKING GOOD mobius > pdx blender looks :twisted:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLXWjbARd2w[/youtube]

Langstaff
Multidex Master

Post by Langstaff » 29 Sep 2010 06:31

Whirling same rev whirl looks SOOO crisp, I love it! Congrats for the KICKASS victory Erik, there's no doubt you played hard and deserved it.

Had a session at York with Liam and Adrian yesterday. It was pretty crummy weather in general, but we found an outdoor place with a big overhang and not too much wind. The temperature was perfect for footbagging.

I see clear improvement in both Liam's and Adrian's game, as well as my own. I guess that one session a week (for me anyway) is enough for slow but steady improvement.

Starting to incorporate toe and clipper set drifters into my game, which I'm pretty psyched about because I always loved the way they look. If I can get consistent drifters, improve my rev whirls and dynos, and maybe eventually learn (non-crispy) torques, I'd be really happy with my style.
Andrew Langstaff

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 29 Sep 2010 12:39

Epic solo shred, Erik. The return of Chan is upon us.

If there's no session scheduled for tomorrow, I might play solo myself (for the first time in weeks)...

I'd love to start schooling some things myself...
Joshua Lackey

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 04 Oct 2010 16:20

So Thanksgiving is this weekend. I plan on playing with Joel a little on Sunday!

Erik, I know your birthday is super soon. Are you still planning on doing anything? I might not be around, which is sucky, but I'm going to make you come for your promised dinner one day very soon, more to come once I get my schedule nailed down for the next couple weeks.

Had a quick solo session on my own on... Thursday?

Highlights:

Symple Twist > Merkon bs

Paradon > Mixer bs

I'm also looking forward to York shred Tuesday tomorrow!
Joshua Lackey

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 04 Oct 2010 16:30

Yeah, turns out I'm going back to Winnipeg anyway for Thanksgiving/birthday, so I'm out for Thanksgiving session in Toronto. But dinner and shred in the future sounds awesome :)

Langstaff
Multidex Master

Post by Langstaff » 06 Oct 2010 04:38

York session yesterday with Josh, Liam, Adrian, and Tim - felt pretty good until leg pain ended the session early for me.

Blizzard BSOS
Stepping same clipper>paradox illusion BSOS
Far drifter BSOS
Stepping reverse whirl
Andrew Langstaff