F.A.T.

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 05 Apr 2006 07:55

YES!!! I can't wait to get my feet on that bag!!!

I'm about to go meet Ryan for some shred...I'll report back later on the session. :P
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 05 Apr 2006 14:10

Sweetness.....Two sessions today!
First session was with Ryan Seath and Josh Lackey, and ended up being a filming mission, so hopefully there will be a cool little shred vid coming to you soon.

IN OTHER NEWS........BRENDAS BACK! :D
SO THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO PM ME YOUR ADDRESS!

She seems like shes in good condition. My friend said he kicked her around a bit, but that he always heard me bitching about toe pick-ups, so he refrained. She seems lighter than I remember.......

Anyways, good sessions at York. Wait for the vid for the tricks from the first, and see the Shred Symposium for the tricks from the second.

Last weekend was one of the worst weekends in recent memory, but things are looking up again. Its takes losing some of the most important things in your life to make you realise what is really important. It also made me really appreciate footbag, which is there for you no matter what comes your way. I've never felt so lucky to have this game in my life, and I've never felt so motivated to be the best I can be.

I also might be going to WORLDS this year! It all depends on how much money I can make in May and June. I don't want to get myself all hyped up, and then not be able to make it, but I have really wanted to go to Europe for a long time, and now circumstances have allowed me the option. Here's hoping!!
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

BuckRuckus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by BuckRuckus » 06 Apr 2006 04:57

So, is there still a plan to meet on the 7th (friday) at bay/dundas station at 8? Who's planning to go?

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 06 Apr 2006 08:29

I'm gonna be staying away from driving around in the city for a little bit (especially near that goddamned bus station) for fear of another ticket burning another hole in my bank account. I will, however, be showing up for the York shred on the 15th. It'd be good to know ahead of time when the shred begins so I can do some rearranging with work, if I have to.
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip Hard 2: Skip Harder
Skip Hard With A Vengeance
Coming soon. Yippee-kieaye-eh?
Skip-blog

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 06 Apr 2006 10:37

BuckRuckus wrote:So, is there still a plan to meet on the 7th (friday) at bay/dundas station at 8? Who's planning to go?
ME! I'll try to find Camille to.
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

BuckRuckus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by BuckRuckus » 06 Apr 2006 12:23

Cool. I'll be there.

Skeletor
Multidex Master

Post by Skeletor » 06 Apr 2006 17:15

well, Im literally stepping off the bus sometime between 8 and 815 so Im definitely there! and im bringing my friend fyl too who just started to play footbag so it should be a fun little kicky session

:lol:

less than 24 hours!!!
Vida Shredita

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 06 Apr 2006 18:56

Vicky?
Or someone else?
THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!!!! :lol:
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Camilleon
Fearless

Post by Camilleon » 10 Apr 2006 17:54

TORONTO FOOTBLOG?!??!

WTF?!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I had planned on starting this baby up a long time ago, but I'm a lazy asshole, so thanks Greenwood!

I'm sorry I missed the little bus terminal shred with Vida; I pulled an allnighter the night before to finish a portfolio that will hopefully get me out of the hell hole also known as U of T, and into Ryerson; hippy haven.

I hope you ladies had fun though! :P

So, York session doesn't sound too happenin anymore and there's talk of changing it to a downtown session... let me know what you FATTIES think.

And Josh- Dominque the Juggling Chick still chills?! I love that girl! We got her kickin the sack a bit back in '03... She's much better with the pins and balls though.

I haven't been playing much lately... sorry boys. Between doing work needed by TWO schools and dealing with the crazies I live with, I've been getting next to no sleep. Boourns.

But, my last class is Thursday!!! Greenwood and I are sessioning it at Kensington Market, Thursday at 5:30!! I hope to see you bitches there!

:footbag: :!:
Camille Surovy
The Footbag Association of Toronto (F.A.T.)

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 11 Apr 2006 14:12

I will be at both sessions!!!

AND I have you're O'wheel bag!

AAAANNNNNDD I am doing another paid footbag performance at the CNE grounds in Toronto. It is an event for children, and we (myself and my breakdancing crew---The Funk Fanatics) have a stage performance in-front of over 1000 6-10 year olds! There is even a "meet the performers" part of the event, where we will be talking directly to the kids and their parents! :D
I can inform the kids of how fun it is, and make sure the parents understand its not just a game for stoners and that they should encourage their kids to play and keep fit!!!!! :D

WOOOO!!!

Today was a session of maximum sweetness, with myself and Josh Lackey shredding it up at York (as usual). No new tricks, but tons of huuuuge runs. My consistancy was through thee roof today, and I managed to cram in lots of symp and ducking/diving stuff. Kinda odd considering I was COMPLETELY hung-over. :lol:
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Skeletor
Multidex Master

Post by Skeletor » 11 Apr 2006 14:28

fuuuuuuuuuuuudge

I really wish I could make it to that 5.30 kensington shred!!!!!!! Ah its such a bummer!

I'll shred anyway though ill be at a bike shop helping fix bikes but Im busting my ass here in shitty kingston so that I can be the fattiest fat there ever was in fat when I movvvvvvvve

have fun shredding guys big props Adam on that CNE gig
Vida Shredita

BuckRuckus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by BuckRuckus » 12 Apr 2006 12:00

I won't be able to make it to the thursday session at Kensington, even though it's so damn close to my new place.

Just make sure you save some energy and time for the Saturday shred! It's still on right? I'm super pumped about kicking bean bags and avoiding my family!

Where and when? How about 3:30 at Kensington Market again? Is there a good spot there?

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 12 Apr 2006 15:27

There are good spots everywhere! I think Camille is sending out an email to everyone.
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 14 Apr 2006 14:31

Sweet session in the sun down in Kensington Market. Was shredding with Toronto's hidden shredder, Graham. People were LOVING the shred....so many people coming up to talk to us! :D

The shred was great. Tons on tight strings all around. Graham never comes and shreds with anyone else, but he still skools and is continueing to impress me every time we play.

Graham:
Torque>Pdx Blener>Ducking butter
Ducking Dyno
Torque>Spinning Osis>Torque

Me:
See new runs section :)
Pheonix>Alpine Blurry Whirl :twisted:
Torque>Pdx Drifter>Pdx Whirl
Whirr!!!!! :P

Edit: Hyped to shred with FAT and Johnny this weekend!
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

jon
Foosebag God

Post by jon » 17 Apr 2006 07:57

What happened at the weekend shred? Anyone?
Jon's FootBlog
MSN: jon.haber@gmail.com
"It was clean enough to be thin..." - Andrew W.

BuckRuckus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by BuckRuckus » 17 Apr 2006 10:54

I'm sorry I missed that session. I'd been looking forward to it for weeks. Unfortunately, I was moving on the the same day and it took way longer than I had planned.

Anyone up for shred this weekend?

Camilleon
Fearless

Post by Camilleon » 17 Apr 2006 13:06

So, the session Saturday was awesome! But guess who showed up???

JOHNNY AND I! THAT'S ALL FOLKS!

What the hell happened to Greenwood and Josh and Graem and whoever??? Who knows!

Regardless, we had fun! We played outside in the sunshine at a great new spot, outside a new building on a brand new surface. It's amazing.

And I lied when I said we were the only ones who showed; this guy Dave from B.C. randomly called me (got my number from .org) looking for a circle, so I told him about the session and he joined us for a little bit. He's a circle kicker; he wasn't even aware of the freestyle scene in B.C., but he's a cool guy. He'll be around till the end of the month, perhaps we'll hook up to kick again before then.

After playing for a while we decided to walk across campus to Queen's Park and play there. There were a few kids that watched here and there, and we got some compliments from people who watched. There was this very funny moment when this woman strolled by with her crying baby in his carriage, but as soon as he saw us he stopped crying and made a very funny suprised gasp, and stared in awe. I looked at him and smiled and said "Hi!" and he just gawked. It was awesome, and the laughter that followed prevented us from playing for a bit. :D

Anyway, I wasn't playing very well since I haven't played in a while, and I only slept for like 4 hours the night before. But I did hit sole>op sole!!! Finally! And I mean sole, not flapper, so the bag passes in front of my body, not behind, so it's kinda like a sole> far sole stall. Johnny was playing well but not his best since he's been taking a break too. I'll leave it to him to post what he hit if he wants. Watching him play is extremely fun, his style is so smooth and quick and beautiful.

So, thanks to Johnny for coming down!! It was an awesome day. It was nice not just shredding, but chilling too. But it's still pretty weak that you guys bailed.

Anyway, this weekend I'm not so sure about. I have 2 exams on the same day next week. Maybe I can squeeze a session in somewhere. I'll post that when I know.
Last edited by Camilleon on 18 Apr 2006 12:42, edited 1 time in total.
Camille Surovy

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 17 Apr 2006 13:26

Strep throat happened to me :?

I STILL feel like shit too......no footbag till wednesday. :(
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Camilleon
Fearless

Post by Camilleon » 17 Apr 2006 13:37

Yeah I have the flu now... I think... woke up with it Sunday.... I feel HORRIBLE... I guess that's what I get for not getting my flu shot... :(
Camille Surovy

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 18 Apr 2006 06:51

Inspired by Kens 20 6 adds for his 26 b-day i went out this morning for a quick session and hit a new 6! :D

Shooting Eclipse

Not much else of note, as i was just making sure i'd be in shred condition for my second paid footbag event tomorrow. I had strep throat on Saturday and Sunday, and am only feeling close to 100% right now. I figure even if I'm not at the top of my game, this is a demonstration for little kids, and little kids seem impressed by everything! :D

My school year is almost over and I've started stressing about the first two months of summer. I'm going tree-planting in northern Ontario, which is a physically demanding and well-paying job, but I'm worried what it will do to my shred. Supposedly I'll put on a lot of leg muscle mass, especially in the calfs, and sicnce we work so hard day after day, there won't be much time to keep my game fresh. Will this extra muscle slow me down? Will it be a good thing in the long run?

Can I pay someone to come and re-teach me with all the money I'll make? :lol:
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog