Rob W--away from footbag for a while

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 31 Aug 2006 17:57

its my camera...lol. its a Sony Handycam DCR-TRV460
Ben Rea

Robert wojci
Multidex Master

Post by Robert wojci » 08 Sep 2006 18:57

wow i jus had a great shred, i hit whirl and stuff like, butterfly>pdx mirage>legover>butterfly>refraction and stuff like that usually i had toe stuff before the butterfly, so thats a bit innaccurate and as i said before i hit WHIRL!! almost symposiumed it but i couldnt get it, i've been shredding every day for an hour now, and im probably gonna go over to ben's house, and have a longer shred there tommorrow which would be cool :)

annnd school started for me! new high school new bigger school and i like it change is always good, and this is preeety cool

well life is really good and footbag is grrreat !
:):):):
rob w

my blog

"you know what i blame for children being so soft? child labor laws, if there's anything that toughens a kid up, its changing bobbins for 14 hours a day."
-Stephen Colbert

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 11 Jan 2008 06:39

Robert wojci wrote: well life is really good and footbag is grrreat !
:):):):

Man, what happened Rob?

Im excited you want to get back into it.

but im afraid.

it was like losing a girlfriend, then she comes back and you don't know if you can trust her to stay with you.

i have faith though rob.

your last link you posted was:

butterfly>pdx mirage>legover>butterfly>refraction

you can do better!

get those lavers on as soon as possible! wooo!
Ben Rea

Robert wojci
Multidex Master

Post by Robert wojci » 20 Jan 2008 14:33

So yeah, after a whole year I've decided to start playing again. I obvioulsy suck more than i used to, but i assume I'll be able to up my level quickly one muscle memory comes back (hopefully!)
My flip clip sucks. And my pixie needs some work, I am using toe walls on my lavers now, and i had been playing barefoot for about a week beforehand, so i have to work on that I can catch easily on it, but its getting the bag back in front of me that's tough. (i could only get two infinities even though i drilled them for a while)

some highlights

Mirage>legover> mirage>flip guay>rev whirl

Flip Butter>Pdx Mirage>pickup>op inside stall>butterfly rev whirl> Flip butter.

I also thrashed my toe stall record, which was 25 and is now 71

So there were a lot of bails but I drilled my flipside frequently today so I'm just hoping for the best.

Nonetheless I actually had a really good time shredding the other day and hopefully I'll be able to meet up with Ben sometime. We'll just have to see, like I said i enjoyed myself and i hope I'll be able to accelerate to the level I was before i stopped.

wish me luck!
rob w

my blog

"you know what i blame for children being so soft? child labor laws, if there's anything that toughens a kid up, its changing bobbins for 14 hours a day."
-Stephen Colbert

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 20 Jan 2008 14:39

nice dude!

good highlights, im glad you're getting right back into it.

yes, we do need to get together to shred.

dont worry about the flip clipper, you have plenty of time to work on it :D
Ben Rea

Darkshredder
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Darkshredder » 20 Jan 2008 17:28

welcome back!
Pat Thomsen
Syracuse, New York - The connecting point to footbaggers in the NE and Canada. We make pancakes and air conditioners.

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 20 Jan 2008 18:21

Oh snap, Robert's back! :P

Footbag!
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 21 Jan 2008 11:48

rob! good to see you back at it! do you still have that MC bag from KICKASS2?

I hope you will come to GRASS and play with us, and if you can't, I'll try and get through to your area some time when the weather is nice so you, Ben, and I can play.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 21 Jan 2008 11:49

Matt Cross wrote:rob! good to see you back at it! do you still have that MC bag from KICKASS2?

I hope you will come to GRASS and play with us, and if you can't, I'll try and get through to your area some time when the weather is nice so you, Ben, and I can play.
dont forget pat!

he's part of the crew now too!
Ben Rea

Robert wojci
Multidex Master

Post by Robert wojci » 22 Jan 2008 13:12

aw shucks, you guys make me feel so welcome :lol:

So, I'm am shredding and truly loving it! I just finished a 45 minute session.

highlights:

:arrow: 117 toe stalls (new record!)
:arrow: 5 mirage+legovers (when mirage+legover=1)
:arrow: flip symp mirage, flip osis to butterfly, and a clean flip pixie
:arrow:8 b2b pick-ups
:arrow: Flip osis>flip butterfly>flip mirage>butterfly>rev whirl (yay!)

I definitely feel my clipper is being schooled very well so far, both sides. My rev whilrs is nice and i love the trick, i can only do it on one side, and am working on rev whirl and whirl bsos.

I am working on stepping sets and illusions, nearly hit illusion flip, and also nearly hit ripwalk(!) and stepping butter..whats that called?

So yeah, I enjoyed myself a ton today, I'm doing more fun stuff I feel, and i think getting this exercise etc. is very good for me. I think GRASS would be fun, hopefully i could just go with Ben and Pat.
Sorry, Matt, I think i might have lost it in the past year :oops:
Also that 50 books in a year challenge has reallyinspired me to start reading, and keep my brain sharp!

However, things aren't really going that great here, my Mom who is divorced has been going through these times when she doesn't eat and doesn't drink and just stays in bed. Even when she isn't doing this she isn't her self, and she refuses to go to a rehabilitation center where they could get her eating normally, and it's incredibly sad and incredibly frustrating. I feel like she'll come outof this, but it's been like this for two years, and she's had to go to hospital three times. So I've been living with my Dad more and we just don't really know what to do.
I know that was kind of random. but i need to vent.

peace.
rob w

my blog

-Stephen Colbert

Pengu
think pink

Post by Pengu » 22 Jan 2008 19:38

Hi Rob,

I'm sorry to hear that about your mom. She was quite stellar as a footbag mom when she was at Kickass2. I really hope she comes around soon.

However, I'm glad you're back at footbag. It's still as awesome as when you left it. Hope to see you again at GRASS. You're probably taller than me now. ;)
Pengpeng Du

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 22 Jan 2008 20:02

Tell your mom that she should come out to grass and party with us. Tell her we've missed having both of you on the scene.

and don't worry, there are plenty more MC bags ;)

matt
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Robert wojci
Multidex Master

Post by Robert wojci » 23 Jan 2008 17:55

Ah, thank you all for the kind words. I'd love to go to GRASS!
and my mother will be coming out of the hospital tomorrow :lol::lol: however, I'm going to give her a talking to as well, she shouldn't have to see another hospital if you ask me, I feel this has gone on long enough.

Anyway, had a long session today, My strings are definitely getting longer, and i feel flip rev whirl and flip illusion coming on also whirl is in my sights. I worked on some basics drills, which I am actually enjoying doing, i really haven gone for anything out of my limits so far, I think that could be really detrimental to my game if i lose focus. I'm also beggining to work on stepping, atomic and flip pixie fairy as well, like I said, I am really truly loving every minute of my shredding.
YAY! I just hit swirl!! as in five seconds ago.
woohoo!
rob w

my blog

-Stephen Colbert

Darkshredder
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Darkshredder » 23 Jan 2008 18:03

pixie fairy!? or pixie and fairy? wiggle sets are the bomb diggity.

anyway great work! Can't wait to shred with you and Ben (in March)
Pat Thomsen
Syracuse, New York - The connecting point to footbaggers in the NE and Canada. We make pancakes and air conditioners.

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 23 Jan 2008 18:42

Hey Rob, I'm sorry to hear about your mom and her condition. Depression hurts, and I have a lot of relatives and friends who suffer from it. It's a difficult position, but you have to do your best to get her motivated however you can. It's corny to say, but you can definitely change the world if you stay optomistic. :)
Robert wojci wrote:i really haven gone for anything out of my limits so far, I think that could be really detrimental to my game if i lose focus.
People have told me over and over that if I didn't put more and more focus drilling basics down to a tee, that it would be detrimental to my game. And they were right! It has been like the plague to me, to shoot for moves that are well beyond my limit without having a comfortable foundation. With this type of gung-ho mentality, I've sprained more ankles than I can count, and most of them were on my flipside.

I say growing more stylish in your footbag form and trick repertoire is a natural process. Take it slow and easy. Play at a comfortable pace, and concentrate on proper form to avoid injury. :) That's not to say you can't experiment, but don't overdo it. Mix it up with uptime sets if you want, but definitely put all of your attention on everything that is downtime. You'd be surprised how fun it would be to lengthen your strings and contacts without notice. Bsos all of your tricks, no matter how low the adds are, and have fun!

Btw, props on that swirl! How cool is that to hit swirl 5 seconds from posting in your blog? 8)
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 23 Jan 2008 18:56

hey man, good to be drilling the basics!

your with me!

check out my blog, maybe you already did.

we can work on it together :)
Ben Rea

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 24 Jan 2008 12:02

me and pat a both buying new shoes now too!

hope footbag is going well for you!

i already had a session today :)
Ben Rea

Robert wojci
Multidex Master

Post by Robert wojci » 25 Jan 2008 20:20

New shoes? I thought you were good w/ quantums? sick though.

So had another 45 min sesh.
highlights
:arrow: mirage+legover combo 7 rounds, 14 contacts
:arrow: Legover>same side pick up>butter>rev. whirl>opp butter.
:arrow: Very nice tiltless runs
:arrow: bs symp mirage
:arrow: better illusions, better pixies, better rev whirls, better mirages etc!

My clippers are becoming much better at setting tricks and I'm just becoming so much more consistent while truly enjoying myself, It's tons of fun for me, I don't feel too frustrated at all.

seriously, I've gotten so much better in only a week!

It's kind of awesome.
I don't really know why, but sticking to these basic drills, only working on (generally) two adds has inspired much more than frustrate.

So I'm still trying to hit flipside illusion before i go to bubbas and pdx illusion. Also i nearly hit rev whirl on my flip, and they are becoming more soft and delicate on the strong side. I am still working on whirl (not hit), osis (hit bsos), atomic (hit once) and stepping sets (hit cleanly on both sides, no tricks out of it though). All are getting there.

My pixies are getting much more clean, and i hit two on my flipside today whcsh was good. Also i nearly hit torque. weird eh?

On the downside my knees are getting a bit tweaked, not so painful i can't play, but I obviously don't want this to be a problem. I think riding my exercise bike should help them greatly (any input would be well appreciated!)

@pat: not wiggle, although that would be sick.

Edit: last time i posted i hit swirl right after....i just hit ripwalk!!
mwahaha!
Edit #2: just hit flipside ripwalk and then sidewalk...wtf!?
rob w

my blog

-Stephen Colbert

Darkshredder
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Darkshredder » 26 Jan 2008 00:03

just listen to your body. If you really feel you can't shred one day then don't do it. Just take a day or two off. That's what I'm doing right now. You won't suffer that much as far as progression and your knees will thank you.

props on the stepping: ripwalk / sidewalk etc.

CHALLENGE!

schmoe bs. Stepping ss legover . . . have you done this already?
triforce drill. Look her up if you don't know what it is. Clipper drilling. :wink:
Pat Thomsen

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 26 Jan 2008 08:33

challenge:

time to step it up

pixie legover> same butter>infinity>Ripwalk

yea, learn to step out of butterfly if you cant already.

thats the next level. and pixies midstring.
Ben Rea