Word

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Word

Post by DTank126 » 27 Aug 2006 21:08

So i was a little sketchy at first as to whethor or not make a footblog, but after today, i guess i will. First off, I'm a noob, but here are some of the things im hittin right now

-ATWs bs
-legovers bs
-mirages bs
-clipper rs, skecthy ls
-pickups bs
-plo rs, skecthy ls
-pixie clipper rs
-and some other random stuff

But yea, the main reason i'm creatin a blog is cuz even though its like 8 hrs later, im still pumped cuz i got to kick with some dudes form the RFA today. Lets see, Matt Cross, Mike Anello, Chris Dean, and two guys named Aric and Paul, sorry i didnt get last name. There was also a dude named Ben Rea I think, i wasnt in the circle with him but from what i saw he looked pretty good too. Aw man, it was so freakin insane, they were pullin out tihngs like... i dont even know, half the stuff i never even heard of, i tihnk mobius, and like velocaraptor are just the tip of the iceberg form theri array of tricks. idk, their legs moved so fast it was crazy. Whenever the bag came to me id be like ATW, pixie, lo, drop... ok u take it. It felt so awkward, but luckily all the guys were mad nice and didnt seem to care too much. Man i really wanna kick with them again, so in the next week i plan to shred nonstop. Well thats it for now, maybe this'll be a blog that i actually look at more than once.
Last edited by DTank126 on 26 Apr 2009 18:38, edited 5 times in total.

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 28 Aug 2006 19:04

Dude,

Props on getting into footbag! It's good to hear that you're starting of with a good foundation of moves on both sides! Playing with people who are amazing shredders is definately what gets a lot of poeple hooked, and will ALWAYS be a huge source of inspiration if you can keep it up. So KEEP IT UP! I hope to meet you sometime soon, but in the meantime, keep this blog updated with your progress and thoughts. I look forward to following your progression!
Joshua Lackey
"Class is what I do during my Footbag breaks"
Challenge me! Toronto/FAT Footblog

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 30 Aug 2006 20:50

Lackey, thanx for the props man, id love to kick with u sometime, it rules playing with new people, especially when theyre better than me, i love studying everyones technique.

Anywho, i didnt get to kick much the last couple days cuz i was on a colloege visit. Didnt really matter tho cuz my legs were so sore from sunday after running for like 3 hrs in a game of manhunt :lol: but today i got in a good hour or so. I'm still workin on the basics, and my left clipper is gettin a little better, I still cant exactly stall perfectly but i can delay it for a second and catch it on my right foot. Hopefully tommorow will be a more progressive day.

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 22 Oct 2006 16:55

ok, so long time no post, but were not gonna worry about that right now. Anywho i went to another shred session with some guys from the RFA again, and it was freaking INSANE as usual. When i got up this morning i jsut thought to myself "footbag....yes." Unfortantly when i got out of bed I felt a stinging pain in my legs due to a 10 mile run, followed by 2 hrs of footbag, followed by a 10 mile run back home. i just thought to myself "my god i am an idiot" but i didnt care, i just did some stretches got in the shower and called up Aric to confirm the location. They were playin in some unfamiliar building at RIT so i was kinda worried i was gonna get lost tryin to find the place but Aric gave me good directions. Anywho, i hopped in the car and proceeded to RIT, i could not wait.

i finally got there and voila! there was the building, i went inside and as i headed towards the stairs i could hear the faint sound of "ksh....ksh ksh..... ksh ksh ksh ksh ksh" (lavers stompin the ground). I got to the bottom of the steps and there was Aric Mcintosh and Mike Anello, in person, it was like being in the same room with jeter and a-rod. We exchanged hellos and whatnot and kicked around for a little bit. They busted out some pretty simple stuff (for them at least) at first and then Paul showed up, and that was when things really started. They were all goin nuts, hittin things that i cant even begin to comprehend. I remmebr seein whirls, eggbeaters, torques, paradox mirages, a ton of ducking and spinning, terrages, and a ton of other stuff that was all just a blur to me (no pun inteneded).

Now let me give you a little insight into my position, legs=sore, can only do like 10 or so 3-add tricks and went after Aric who was playin as though he was on footbag steroids. i got the bag... drop... pass... passed back, ATW, legover, attempt mirage... drop. yea, it was not a pretty sight. Luckily they were mad cool about it, and i was able to hit a few DLOs, ducking clips, plos, smears, and dimwalks, but i just couldnt string any of it together. As time went on, Mike had to leave and we all started windin down a little but before i left Paul helped me out with the torque and i came close to hitting it... i think. But anywho i was mad thankful for his help cuz i need all the asistance i can get. All in all it was freakin sweet, and now i know that what i need to do is drill drill drill all of my basics in order to achieve a level of shred somewhat comparable to theirs. I intend to drill everday unitl next sunday so that i can keep the bag for more than three tricks. Hopefully ill remmebr to update more this time so i can keep track of my progress. Until next time, Peace.

travismontoya
BSOS Beast

Post by travismontoya » 22 Oct 2006 17:41

dude! Awesome man! Great start! I wasn't nearly like that being a noob lol. But man keep at it and stay dedicated youll go far for sure!

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 09 Dec 2006 16:14

so yea, long time no post, but anywho, just had a mini one hour solo session, hit a string that i felt really good about and decided to post.

I started out with 20 legovers bs, 10 pickups bs, 10 mirages bs to warm up a lil. Aftr a lil messin around with my clipper mirage i thought it seemed like i had enough time for another dex.... and i did. thats right, barrage baby! :D haha, i know its nothing to big, but i was estatic. After this i was feelin a bit saucy so i thought of a string and got thus far...

-DSO>LO>DATW>clipper>barrage>hand seal i woulda kept going but i was too stunned

also hit smear>LO>smear>LO>smudge>LO>drop on flip smudge

o yea, and im finally startin to get the hang of whirls and swirls :D flip clip still sux but im workin on it

soo all in all things r goin ok. Til next time, peace

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 09 Dec 2006 16:22

doug, props on the new strings! you're gonna be rippin when you finally get some footbag shoes. I hope we can play again while I'm on break from school. Where will you go to college?

matt
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 10 Dec 2006 08:39

Matt Cross posted in my footblog..... sweet! haha, thanx man, and as for college, im lookin at U of R, but if that doesnt work out then probably RIT... or Syracuse.... or NEU.... basically whatever college accepts me but either way we definitly have to kick again, that was so amazing a couple weeks ago. I still have no idea what it was exactly that you did but i know it was called a montage and it was freakin siiiiick.

Btw, do u think ur gonna make it to Rochester NYJ? If so, i will definitly see you there

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 11 Dec 2006 18:31

WOOHOO sealed a torque!.... once. haha, i must have tried that trick 100 times and i finally sealed it. god only knows when and if i'll seal it again. Aw man also wanted to do a blender but my left leg is, for lack of a better word, retarded. i tried it from left clipper but thats still too weak, so i improvised. basically when i can do a strong left clipper i'll be ready for blender. What i did was from a right toe set i did a pixie motion turned to the left and delayed the bag in a right clipper. I'm pretty sure this is what the motion feels like so hopefully once i solidify my flip clip ill be ready for blender. Thats it, just had to put this somewhere so as not to forget this momentous occasion

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Where am I?

Post by DTank126 » 02 Mar 2007 15:59

Woo, its been a while. Anywho, i figured now seemed like a good time to add another message to this thing... first off, torque... about 10 minutes ago... hit a good solid 5 times, tried flipped side... not so good. Still... i can finally hit a torque! woohoo! Now all I gotta do is hit it everyday so i dont forget it. :D

Also hit whirl, yet another forgotten trick during my period of tiltless only shred (i'll get to that in a second). Im hitting whirl somewhat confidently too which is sick. I was so conifdent i tried it flipside and guess what... i hit it! first time ever and it felt even stronger than my strongside.

Also hit butterfly>pdx mirage>butterfly>pdx mirage a few times along with some inifinities. hmm what else... o yea hit ps mirage a couple times, still inconsistent tho, aw well, hopefully it'll come together soon.

Now then, when i mention my tiltless only shred period, i meant what u think it means... i only played tiltless, heh. i needed that tho cuz now for my warmup im doin 10 mirages bs, 10 illusions bs, 10 clippers bs, 10 clippers b2b, 20 pixies b2b, 10 legovers b2b, and 10 pickups b2b. I definitly slacked off way too long and got so sick of being onesided and barely tiltless that footbag almost started to become boring. Luckily i fixed that and now that im hittin some 3add and 4add stuff this sport has finally regained some of that spark i once knew. Anywho i g2g shower, maybe i'll update tommorow, maybe in another couple months.... hopefully tommorow, ha.

peace

hakkpakk
Shredaholic

Post by hakkpakk » 02 Mar 2007 17:20

Hell yeah, back to the blog

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 04 Mar 2007 21:11

Played a little yesterday, nothing new, got out the camera and tried recording what my torque and osis looked like so i can solidify both and whne im watching it, it looks so simple to fix my mistakes, but when it comes to actually fixing it.... no. Idk, guess i just gotta get that muscle memory stuff down.

As for today, the rfa ussually gathers and plays every sunday, but no one was around today so i jsut decided to go for a run instead. :)

Hopefully some sick shred tommorow, til then, peace.

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 14 Mar 2007 15:26

good 1.5 hr session, managed to hit some cool stuff

-dimwalk>pickup>dimwalk>pickup>smear>pixie>smear>pixie>drop on smudge
-smear>smudge>lo>smear>drop flip smudge
-whirls are still okay, and rev whirls are getting better
-torque...ugh...the next time i seal it again i need to seal it everyday after that cuz its really frustrating when u know u can seal a move and when u try it again somethings just....off. Meh, im sure ill hit it again. 8)

Anywho, i got mad pumped after hitting that flipside dimwalk; my flip butterflys r finally becoming a lil more natural. :D

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 15 Mar 2007 12:21

ah, its the set! duh! haha, finally igured out what iwas doing wrong with the torque. jsut wanted to get this down here before i forgot, now back to shred. :)

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 15 Mar 2007 13:09

nice lil 1.5 hr session again, tweaked my torque as i said earlier. Sitll cant hit it mid string or anything, but its gettin better. worked on my pixie a lil. Im startin to set it a lil differently now cuz when i tried pixie op clipper i realized that it was a lot harder to hit a clipper after setting a pixie like a smear... if that makes sense... Anywho, im trying to dex more with my knew now, i think. Either way its a cool feeling so i hope i can solidify it.... man i am really sweaty...wow, my hair really hurts when it whips my head after i shake it... alright, thats about enugg of that, ima go cool down. peace.

Pyroman924
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Pyroman924 » 15 Mar 2007 13:17

Props on the Torque action man! They're pretty fun as far as my experience goes, however limited it may be. :wink:
Rotating your shoulders helps a lot too.

Keep up the splendid work! :D
Alan Underhill

http://www.myspace.com/pyroman924

"The more you drop, the better you get." -Ben Rinowski

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 16 Mar 2007 13:21

woohoo!, clipper b2b x34

Other than that not much else, just a pretty fun session. Had some pretty nice tiltless runs of 20 or so contacts. My duckings getting a lot better which is really cool. OH, also i hit phoenix a good 5 or so times, i freakin love the new way im setting my pixies, its makin my game so much smoother. Lets see.. o yea, hit reverse whirl a couple times midstring and footed flip rev whirl a bunch of times. hmm... o yea ducking spinning osis, i tihnk, or maybe just ducking osis. Idk, either way it was total luck, but it felt mad sweet. I cant wait til my osis r perfect, i love how they feel so much. Well, thats about it for now.

peace.

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 20 Mar 2007 13:11

dam, i really need to work on my string length...

some highlights:
-phoenix a couple times
-worked flip pixie FOREVER and its still bleh
-last string was torque>op toe>mirage>lo>pixie ducking clip>drop on pdx mirage

This past sunday i went down to rit and played with Matt Cross, Will Digges, Pat Tallon?(sry, i cant remmeber last name exactly), and the rfa for about an hr and a half or so. I could tell they were all kinda beat form the past couple days of hardcore shred, but they all still hit some fantastic stuff. Near the end Chris Dean and i were the only ones playing and he made me realize how badly i needed to drill stuff. He said hit pixie ss mir b2b and i did it fine on my strong side, but when i tried it flip, i just couldnt get past the pixie. This jsut made me realize how much i really need to drill everything flipside if i ever wanna become more than a tiltless player. Anywho, thats about it for now. peace.

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 21 Mar 2007 18:30

Good 1.5 hr session with a really good friend of mine. Hadnt played w/ him in forever so it was really nice shreddin w/ someone my own speed after what seemed an eternity. Dont get me wrong, I love playin with guys like Matt Cross, and Mike Anello and everyone, every time i do i try and savor it. Its jsut that it sux being the worst player there. I know skill shouldnt effect how much fun Im havin but it sux bein barely tiltess and then goin after someone who just busted some long ass fearless combo and then gets applause, then passes to me who does like mirage>lo>drop some 3-add trick or sumthin. I mean dont get me wrong, Im applaudin the last guy too but it just sux not bein able to shred like the rest of the circle. Anywho, it was awesome playin with Ian, he hadnt played in a while so he was a lil rusty but he was still hittin some nice stuff. It was good to just shred, not drill anything, just kinda go with the flow. I tihnk the best part about playin with Ian was after i was able to talk to him about sumthin that had been botherin me for a long time that i couldnt really talk to anyone else about, so it just felt really good to get that off my chest... haha, wow im actually treated this like an actual jounral thing almost, haha. whatever, im just in a good mood, the past two days have been awesome and i hope things just contnue to get better, ive been feelin so shitty for so long so this is a really nice change of pace. Anywho, just had a burst of happy energy and felt like this seemed like an appropriate place to write everything down considerin some of the stuff ive read in other guys' blogs. Theres so much more I wanna write but, its all boring personal crap so ill jsut psot some of my highlights from ealrier... er, not so much as highlights but just stuff that im hititn more consistently... yea...

-phoenix 3rd try
-midstring spinning clipper
-clipper>pdx illusion bsos
-butterfly>infinity>infintity>pickup>drop or sumthin, idk i was excited bout the b2b infinties
-pixie ducking clipper (i love pixie ducking now... at least on one side....)
-lots of plos b2b
-smear>plo rpt, been wantin to hit that forever
-and of course torque after a good 10 tries, it takes forever for me to get the hang of the motion

all in all todays session was one of my favorites. :D
peace

Pyroman924
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Pyroman924 » 21 Mar 2007 18:46

Props man! Don't let your skill level trouble you much though. I met all of those guys at New Years and I was the least skilled player there. I could hit maybe 5 contacts all one sided. Look at me now. 8 ) Just take that frustration you have and turn it into motivation to get your ass in gear. :wink: Besides, you're hitting pretty damn good things already. I can't hit Pixie, let along any variant of it.

And with Torque, I don't hit it a lot but rotating your torso helps more than you can imagine. Watch Anz's instruction video on Footbag.org. It'll show you the torso rotating trick thingy. Keep up the good work!
Alan Underhill

http://www.myspace.com/pyroman924

"The more you drop, the better you get." -Ben Rinowski