Drew ~ Philadelphia

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 09 May 2011 17:04

Drew wrote:
I got the internship.
YEYAHH BOIII!!!

Dude, I'm gonna jump on board and try to stitch a bag this week too. Been a while :\ Wanna get together one day this week and stitch and possibly kick a bit too? Tryna get as much footbag in before I go on my internship to Canada. Lemme know man. SO much footbag is going down this summer. It's so sick we have a tight-knit scene here in PA again.

PS. Video for Sunday Sessions is coming out on youtubez tonight. Be looking out for it.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 16 Jun 2011 17:27

Whoa! long time no update!

Kicked with Nick Polini yesterday, his passion for the game is amazing, it's also pretty contagious. We kicked for about 90 minutes. He got me to try some new tricks and concepts, I had never before really attempted gyro tricks until then, came close to hitting mobius

gyro mirage
blurry whirl strongside
footed diving dyno
gyro pickup

some other stuff.

I just kicked earlier tonight until it got dark out, drilled spinning clippers and swirls for the most part. Ended up hitting a couple swirls on both sides, flip side I'm not sure I've ever hit one correctly.

Some cats just don't give a damn.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 17 Jun 2011 09:47

Yo, thanks for the compliment, man. Glad I was able to infect you with a bit of bag love. And I'm glad you're now experimenting with gyro. The experiments will be very successful since you're already good at spinning. Mobius, meet Drew... Drew, Mobius. I think you guys will be fast friends.

Edit: Oh shit, and that kitty thing is effin' awesome. Reminds me of this video I made.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb_z5BJmGDo[/youtube] (Yes, that's my cat putting his head under the faucet)
Nick Polini

Funblog

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 28 Jun 2011 07:15

Been kicking for little over 30minutes each night. Good progress so far.

Last night I drilled symp legovers, symp pickups, spinning, stepping set, ducking, & pogo and gyro stuff.

Finished a bag last night, going to fill it tonight and hopefully cut out some fabric for next bag. :P

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 28 Jun 2011 08:16

Yo dude, props for the continuous drilling. You'll see madd improvements soon.

HIT ME UP next time you plan on stitching a bag. I just gave Jackson a bag of my old scraps, which have some nice chunks of fabric in there, and we're very eager beavers to stitch right now.

Cya today maybfully.

Later dude.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 02 Jul 2011 12:13

Just returned from a 6 mi run around neighborhoods, beautiful out today.

Kicked yesterday with Nick polini, nick pasqu, Jackson, and Corey. Corey has been getting a good deal better since I last saw him, strings coming along and wider tricks variety. Jackson has been hitting bigger tricks with increasingly better form too. Nick polini was busting pretty hard, that kids getting good. He's so passionate and dedicated, can't wait to see where his game will be in a year or two. Same goes for nick pasq, kid got pretty damn good in his time in Ohio, must be something in the water there. Both nicks are starting to develop some smooth shuffle tricks which was cool to see.

I toyed around with more ducking tricks than normally, going to be working on ducking/diving foundation tricks, and then spinning. After kciking with them I came home and kicked for another 30 mins, I just had to get more water in me!@

I need to get out to Bob's soon.

maybe kicking tomorrow evening, heading to the Shore in about an hour! Happy 4th of July !!

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 04 Jul 2011 16:41

kicked for about an hour tonight after lifting.

The other day when I kicked with jackson, cory, and the nicks, I was unable to hit any smears, so I began working on smears, hitting multiples on each side. Up to 5 on ss, 3 on weak.

then I worked on flipside stepping set for a while, mostly stepping ss pixie to a string. Came along pretty well. Theeeen I drilled ducking/diving pickups and legovers, near and far.

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 14 Jul 2011 17:36

I kicked tonight for 30+ mins after lifting. Good practice, most of the time drilled symple legover to far toe whirl to either hand catch or a string. Also worked on swirls, ducking/diving tricks, and some gyro stuff. Strings are getting better, much more control over the bag. Been trying to add more style to my game, sorta getting there.

finished a bag last week!

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 14 Jul 2011 19:26

Sweet new bag! :P

Yo, if you're down tomorrow, let's kick. I'm going to be drilling basics all day, so hit me up if you're down for it. Bummer you couldn't make it tonight.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 19 Jul 2011 17:33

Kicked for about 45 mins tonight. Nick txted me the other day suggesting to work small, quick toe stalls. I warmed up doing these, telling myself I couldn't continue until I hit 40+. Took me like 15 effin minutes, where I got toabout 35 a few times but dropped. Decided to go on with session and came back to it 15 mins later, ended up getting like 65 or something.

Worked on peeking, which is a practice for zooming, just a clipper, half turn, peek at the bag, and zoom back into clipper. They're coming along. Also worked pixie stuff, swirls, spinning clippers. Fun stuff. New bag done soon too

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 19 Jul 2011 20:21

Props on the drills! Glad your back is feeling better... I hurt from kicking so much.... SOooooooOOOooo... Stitching session tomorrow night?
Nick Polini

Funblog

PoisonTaffy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by PoisonTaffy » 20 Jul 2011 02:53

Peeking as a practice for zooming is interesting, never considered that. I do it mid run when I play in public. A real crowd pleaser.
"Childhood is short, immaturity is forever"

Roy Klein