Drew ~ Philadelphia

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
tstep84
Shredaholic

Post by tstep84 » 08 Dec 2006 08:45

Yesterday we had a good session everyone was playing well, carrie and drew are definetly shwoing some serious progression. We now play in a very cool indoor shred spot. Its this big atrium on the second floor of our student center at temple. I think its as close to playing out side as we are gonna get. I am very happy with my game lately. I have had longer strings with more variety now that I can fairy set both sides. I hit pixie ducking clipper > ducking paradox flail, that made me real happy. After hitting that I was satisfied for the session. I had to have been stupid not to look at the weather before I left yesterday. Now that it is december, I have to start realizing that just because it is nice out at noon when the sun is shining, its not gonna be nice out later when it gets dark. I rode home yesterday after the session and it was freezing. I stopped in a cafe on the way home begging for a cup of coffee like I was a homeless person or something. they were nice and gave it to me. Philadelphia is great.
Tom Stepek

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 01 Jan 2007 13:57

So I'm at a great spot with Footbag right now, i enjoy each session so much and my progress during each session seems to be better than the previous. i'm so anxious for each session!

christmas and new years were good, got a bag from Carrie which is perfect. a sweet headband to use while shredding, i feel like i'm able to play alot longer, i dunno, maybe it's a mental thing. OH! I got some speakers for my mp3 player, this helps my game out so most! i'm now able to shred to whatever music, kinda lame but ya take for granted things you don't have, the mp3 speakers may be the best gift i got for xmas! besides the bag of course :lol:

last weekend i drove to NJ to shred with Chris Balch and Carrie LaGreca, turned out Bennie Kellman, Drew Martin, and Carrie's friend Sean, new to footbag, showed up! needless to say it was awesome, they were really great people, cool to hang around with. oh, and they're sick at footbag :P i wish Bennie luck in Israel! Chris has an awesome basement to shred in, any time of the day, i'm jealous :)

might be drivin to NJ this weekend again to shred with Chris Balch, Tom Stepek (my mentor :D ), Jon Schnieder, and Carrie. looking forward to it! back at school i was so used to shredding with Carrie all the time, now that i shred by myself it's just weird! doing drills keeps me going

So my actual playing has gotten better, a few weeks ago I drilled my clippers and osis, and now i've gotten so used to doing them. i've been trying a drill Carrie suggested which helps so much :P Normally in a session i would just break down and do whatever, but organizing my sessions i feel alot better about my game 8) my strings are getting longer and more varied. It is awesome. some cool stuff i've been hitting:

toe>ducking>clipper>pickup>mirage
clipper>osis>osis>clipper>legover>mirage
clipper>SS rake>mirage>symp mirage>legover

Worlds '07 feels so far away. I'm so anxious about it! might be my first Footbag tourney :D I do and don't want it to come faster. I want to go so badly, but I also want to play so much in betweenn now and then and become alot better :twisted:

anyways, hope everyone had a great 2006 and holiday season, looking forward to 2007! :D

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 01 Jan 2007 14:23

I also ordered some fabric yesterday, Midnight, Neon Lime, and Active Green. Can't wait for it to get here, though i may need to buy some scissors and a needle, in case Carrie isn't around to use hers :D

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 01 Jan 2007 18:53

just got done a 2 hour session. first hour and 15 minutes or so was drilling, rest of the time just messing around/drilling somehow. My right clipper is beautiful, my left needs a good amount of work still.

just messin around trying stuff out, hit dlo
clipper>ducking>clipper
clipper>spinning>clipper
clipper>ducking>pickup
miragex22>legover>legover

Shit, I love this sport. :mrgreen:

Footbag Forever
Shredaholic

Post by Footbag Forever » 01 Jan 2007 20:22

duffelbag wrote:just got done a 2 hour session. first hour and 15 minutes or so was drilling, rest of the time just messing around/drilling somehow. My right clipper is beautiful, my left needs a good amount of work still.

just messin around trying stuff out, hit dlo
clipper>ducking>clipper
clipper>spinning>clipper
clipper>ducking>pickup
miragex22>legover>legover

Shit, I love this sport. :mrgreen:
Shit son! Good stuff!! I see I have some catching up to do! But rly that's awesome keep it up!
Off to shred....

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 02 Jan 2007 23:31

Just got done a late shred session! Played for 2 hours just now, and about 2 hours earlier.

I really think i'm about twice as good as i was a month ago. everything is alot smoother and easier to hit, strings keep getting longer, my flipside has become awesome:P (comepared to what it was), I can hit everything flipside that i can hit with my strong side, except for drifter, which i don't attempt much atm anyway

my right clipper is right on spot, left clipper i can usually hit in strings, but when I try hitting consecutive ones it's different :(

i was confused for a lil bit tonight, had pickup and legover mixed up for a bit, the names that is :lol:

i dunno, i'm really happy with how i'm progressing. can't wait to shred on saturday with Jon Schnieder, Chris Balch, Tom Stepek, and Carrie LaGreca

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 04 Jan 2007 10:22

I can do Whirls strong side :D :D 8) :P

Absolute best feeling in the world.

Footbag Forever
Shredaholic

Post by Footbag Forever » 04 Jan 2007 13:53

Nice work Drew! I'm still lagging behind, but you go on without me! lol

It's awesome how fast you've progressed in the passed two weeks! Keep it up n you'll be pro in no time!

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 05 Jan 2007 13:26

:arrow: Butterfly

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 09 Jan 2007 21:54

The first three are bags I've made within the past few days. The Black/green/yellow one was made first, then the yellow/blue one, finally the green/black/blue. Tell me what ya think, if anyone else even reads this.

last, but not least, an awesome bag Carrie made for me for xmas, pretty worn in by now

Footbag wise, played a bit today, was just tired for some reason. Play more tomorrow.

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 10 Jan 2007 21:57

:|

tstep84
Shredaholic

Post by tstep84 » 11 Jan 2007 16:25

I guess I won't have to buy footbags anymore....
Tom Stepek

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 16 Jan 2007 10:00

OH SNAP! plan on shredding with Tom and Carrie tonight, haven't played with Tom in more than a month 8O ~! Can't wait!!!!!!! :!:

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 17 Jan 2007 22:43

so tonight was pretty much awesome! Carrie and I got to play with Tom for the first time in over a month :P

we played for like 4.5 hours! damn, my lower half aches

started breaking in a bag i made earlier this week, loving it so far, the best i have made to date.

Tom was getting back into the swing of things, though it didn't take long.

Carrie and I didn't start hitting awesome moves until after Tom left :( but both of us hit the following:
:arrow: whirl a few times
:arrow: blender for the first time! in strings!
:arrow: footed torque
:arrow: much longer strings, our game has improved mucho methinks

other stuff, i forget exactly what

im too tired, maybe a longer post tomorrow

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 23 Jan 2007 00:01

:arrow: reverse whirl, cleanly hit.

working on:
drifter, whirl, torque, blender

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 31 Jan 2007 06:02

So we played with Hobbs Sunday, he's quickly getting the hang of Footbag. Even in the time that we hadn't seen him he progressed so much! and I like his style, he pretty much uses zero toe catches, it's crazy. :P

Carrie is gettin pretty damn close to drifters and clipper>ducking. Both of us were trying somethin out last night after seeing Hobbs get it on the first try. Too bad I forget what it's called :roll:

tried flip drifters for the first time last night and footed a couple! My strong side drifters are MUCH more consistent now, and they look alot cleaner. I can't wait to be able to drifter BSOS, though it's far away, it'll be an amazing day :D

We also tried taping a run or two but the batteries in Carrie's camera died. More shred tonight with footage hopefully.

Vid soon? who knows.

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 11 Feb 2007 18:23

so I seem to have drifters down mpretty much. working on flipside alot and just longer strrings, better balance, and smoother play in general. really want to start trying to play every other day @ a minimum.

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 15 Feb 2007 18:53

:arrow: longer strings
:arrow: really improved osis on both sides
:arrow: toed flipside drifter

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 22 Mar 2007 09:34

I haven't posted in this for a while, so I figured I'd revive it and post on my progress of late. Last month's shred jam at Temple went pretty well, we had Chris Miller, Chris Balch,Jon Schnieder, Drew Martin, Carrie and myself. I don't remember much specifically from it but it was a great time hanging and shredding with the group!

After coming back from Spring Break I've been working out and exercising more, swimming laps at the pool, free-weights in my room, outdoor activities, etc. I feel alot better physically now, but I require much more sleep, which is good and bad :D . It was incredibly nice out last Wednesday so Carrie and I were shredding it up on the busiest walk on campus.

The past Saturday was supposed to be the 2 'chapter' of shred jams here @ Temple U, didn't go off exactly as planned, but was still an amazing time. Waylon Lew made the trek from NYC to shred with us, and local kicker Hobbes cam as well, and Carrie of course.

Played for a few hours. I was getting frustrated halfway through when I was failing to hit drifters and whirls(which I usually don't hit), so Waylon made me dex the leg of an upturned chair a few times, IMMEDIATELY afterwards I hit whirl. Like 10 times in a row! So now I have whirl schooled, after 3 months of trying to land it, all it took was dexing the leg of a chair :P

Played Tuesday night for 2 hours with Tom, landed some sickly long strings(for myself), incorporating dynos, drifters, whirls. I feel pretty confident where I am in my game right now, I think I'm doing pretty well for playing for 5 months.

Have to leave work soon to pick up my friend from home who is coming to visit me in college for the weekend. Should be interesting.

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 26 Mar 2007 06:36

New stuff:
-DLO
-right drifter
-toe whirl
-blender
-toe pdx drifter

I want to be guiltless, or damn near, by the time Worlds comes around.

I've been talking with Josh Benham, it's good that he's picking up footbag again, I'd heard alot abouthis playing but have yet to see it for myself, gonna have to work out some way to shred with 'im.

i'm liking how my new bags have turned out, even stitching and great play, good filler.

anxious for nice weather to play outside.