cale mccoy

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 16 Jan 2008 23:45

well, i had one of those dawning epiphony thingies tonight, and it rocked. first off, ill background my mentality of footbag up until tonight. i always figured that the people who were good at footbag (nay, great) had been born special, and were made physically specifically for footbag, and that i was not. i always assumed that i couldnt get very good casue i wasnt "lucky" enough to be born short with average feet, skinny legs and ankle crank. but tonight i realized that it can be achieved... you just have to work hard. i see now that the people who are great got to be where they are and how they are through hardwork in footbag. vasek wasnt born with those calfs of glory... obviously, he has chickenlegs in the earlier videos. but through all those hours of footbag, those ripped calfs came to be. anyways, i finally feel like the psychological cap ive put on my potential for footbag has been flipped off. im starting to understand and hit concepts i never thought i would. oh, and i really realy really love my lavers now=) i dont know why i ever took them off. tonight was a 2 hour solo session at oz fitness that left me drenched and drained, but with some good new stuff in my pocket: i totally get stepping set. yogan had always said tall people are good at it, and i just understood tonight; its like a pixie from clipper. it feels awesome. i guess i was born with something special at least... big wingows.so, going off of that, within 10 minutes of getting stepping bs, i hit ripwalk bs. im so proud of myself..... im sure ill hit blur very soon bs.and my tiltless stuff is becoming pretty automatic. but i needneedneed to work on my butterflys. im gonna infinity like crazy. well, i dont even think anyone will read this, becasue no one ever does. but i type it anyways.... im proud pf it. if you do read this, thank you... please leave any encouragement or helpful hints if you wish. oh, and i stitched a bomb bag. flash red radiations on dark blue with active green middles. goodnight.
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 17 Jan 2008 00:36

I saw you at the NYJ but we didnt really meet or kick. When you do your stepping is it barefoot also?

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 17 Jan 2008 02:12

Good job Cale! I read your blog, and as you go to more events more people will read your blog because they'll know the person typing those combos or numbers in. :-) Don't feel unloved.

Can you post a pic of your new bag?
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 17 Jan 2008 08:07

I love epiphanies

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 17 Jan 2008 14:52

no, im back in shoes. i had a talk with david at nyj, and we both agreed i would be limited if i played barefoot. so i got back in my shoes, and now i love them once again =)

ill try to post pics of my bags as soon as possible... they are getting really good.
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

dudeguyman
Shredaholic

Post by dudeguyman » 17 Jan 2008 16:54

that's cool man. epiphanies are pretty sweet. i've only got one bag made so far with the fabric i got from you, but i think its my best one yet. so thanks for the fabric dude. i'll have to show you a picture of it sometime.
-Cody Carter

summer 07 fire video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-iRplEimM0

newest shred video
http://footbag.org/gallery/show/14177

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 22 Jan 2008 00:05

im gonna post an updated list of all the moves ive hit now, becasue i like organization and visual lists. comparing it to the list before, im pretty proud of myself.

-toe, inside, clippers bs
-legover, pickup bs
-mirage, illusion bs
-ss pickups, ss legovers bs
-ss mirages, ss illusions bs
-symple legovers, symple pickups bs
-pixies bs
-symposium mirage bs
-symposium smear on strong
-paradox mirage bs
-ducking mirage on strong
-far legover, far pickup bs
-osis bs
-butterfly bs
-infinities bs
-ducking butterfly bs
-dimwalk, parkwalk bs
-pixie ss clipper bs
-pixie legover bs
-spinning clipper on strong
-smear, smudge bs
-magellan bs
-pixie symple legover, pixie symple pickup bs
-reverse magellan on flip
-pixie osis bs
-maverick bs
-pixie ducking osis on strong
-phoenix on strong
-dlo on strong
-drifter bs
-whirl bs
-symposium whirl bs
-legbeater on strong
-atomsmasher on strong
-atomic legover on strong
-tap on strong
-toe blur on strong
-ripwalk bs
-blur on strong
-sidewalk bs
-stepping ss clipper bs
-stepping ss mirage on flip
-a symposium atomic set to clean hand catch on flip

goals

-all moves not done on flip yet
-20 osis btb
-20 infinities
-10 ducking clippers
-50+ tiltless
-more whirls
-more consistent drifters bs
-strong atomic, strong fairy, strong quantum
-understand swirl components
-dyno, blender bs
-reverse whirls bs
-double down bs
-dso bs
-barfly bs
-more dlos
-three dex bs
-ps whirl bs
xsidewalk bs
-loooooooooong strings
-whirr

well thats hit. i have lots of bags now..... im so content, and at the same time now i am not going to stop. looking back at what i was this weekend with my friend jonny makes me realize how far ive come in a year... im sure that 3 years from now i will be great. and im still young. i have lots of people who i can look up to, and a great shreed buddy thats right there with me. i love going to tourneys, and am lucky enough to be close to some great players in eugene and portland. yes =)
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 25 Jan 2008 17:57

both me and yogan made a video today at a nice spot i think will become our place, outside the library in medford. its flat, public but secluded, and has awesome scenery in the background. it will be tight during summertime. anyways, after loads of trys, i got ripwalk>ripwalk! it felt sweet, and it will be in the next video. i also hit stepping opp clipper bs on the first tries! that was cool. during filming i wasnt doing too good, but i finally got good and warmed up once the camera died, of course. i finally got the hang of infinities sort of, theyve been troubling me for too long. im gonna drill those suckers like nothing else for the next few sessions, and osis, because i really want to own those moves. i made a sweet bag yesterday for a kid who ordered one form me at school, my first 10/10 blur, which was hard, but i made it great, it looks awesome. im very happy with my bags, ill have pics this weekend FOR SURE. its white pents w/ active green and royal blue hexes. looks sick, i wish i could keep it, but its worth 20 bucks =) im gonna sell on modified soon. well, i hope someone reads this, im proud of my stepping accomplishments. if you would, id appreciate some stepping combos to hit in the challenge page of mine. combos w/ ripwalk, sidewalk, stepping ss and opp clipper, blur, and stepping ss mirage would be nice. thanks guys, look forward to our video!
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 25 Jan 2008 18:15

nice list, i used to have one and then i deleted it. i might have saved it thoug. i would really like to update it. keep yours and update it frquently. its good motivation.
Ben Rea

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 27 Jan 2008 03:39

hey guys. i just finished a session.

its 3:30 in the morning.

man, i love footbag.

though my osis isnt doing anything new, my butterflys are getting waaay better. i got 8 infinities tonight, a new high. im hoping to get 20, thats my goal. (at least.) i sold a bag today at work for 15 bucks.... and a kid actually ordered one from me at school.... color and everything. im so stoked.... ill post a pic of it soon... its the one i described in my last post. its nice. well, me and yog are gonna hang out all day tomorrow.... so ill let you guys know what goes down. goals for tomorrow:

-whirl bsos
-15 infinities
-infinities midstring
-ripwalk bsos, and consecutive again
-blur midsring
-a string with ripwalk bsos and sidewalk bsos
-ducking butterfly bsos

ill do my best! im working specifically on my clipper game.... i think yogan is gonna work toe game. we decided we both need each other's strengths as our own... so we're trading styles for awhile hah. well, talk to you guys tomorrow. (or to myself basically)

cale
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 29 Jan 2008 20:16

im hitting infinities like nothing now... so happy i figured it out. i just had to relax. also, ripwalks and sidewalks are really not so hard now, and i hit atomsmasher mid-string today twice. it felt cool, and im close to flip atomsmasher. in case you havnt seen it, heres me and yog's latest vid. check it out, its kinda cool.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BqwTSSrGfSo

see you later. oh, and i might be coming to socali jam =)
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 30 Jan 2008 22:24

me and yogan are for sure going to the socali jam..... yes!! im stoked. im gonna stitch some bags to show evryone there, and hopefully buy some off richie. im stoked. and to top it off i just won these babies off ebay.

Image[/img]
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 30 Jan 2008 23:08

i just want to post this before i forget it.... i hit

legover>mirage>legover>mirage>legover>PLO>butterfly>buttefly>pdx mirage>PLO>butterfly>butterfly>pdx mirage

its a drill ive had a hard time with, but i got it soooo clean. im getting nice and bothsided, FINALLY! also, ripwalk bsos. felt almost easy.... im so happy right now. yay!!!!! just to be crazy, heres something i waqnt to hit in the future thats like a pro version of what i just hit... before the year ends, definitely.

PLO>smear>dimwalk>ripwalk>pdx mirage>smear>PLO>dimwalk>ripwalk>pdx mirage

oh yes, it will be mine.....
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 31 Jan 2008 00:00

alright, session over. i hit

-soooo many infinities.... im elated how good my butterflys are now. gives me hope for my osis, becasue the way i felt about my butterflys was like my osis now, but look what happpened! so one day im sure ill understand osis. eventually.
-infinity>ripwalk bs x4
-ripwalk bs xlike 10 (becoming almost easy)
-mirage>PLO>rpt
-finally mixing toe and clipper moves in combos instead of just all toe or all clipper.
-flip mirage is waaaaay better. im so fixing the straightlegged set too (not bending inwards anymore)
-that combo up there ^ (the huge one with tiltless>guiltless stuff)

again, m realizing that i have potential. it takes a long session for me to get any real results though... a good 30 miute warmup to that "magic zone" is essential for me. oh, and i finally found away to shred LATE at night w/ out waking my parents... so no more waiting for sessions at the gym... whenever i want now!

on other news, im starting a fast/diet thing tomorrow..... just a cup of superfood by odwalla every meal and water, nothing else. im going for 3 days initially, but if it works for me, possibly longer (like until socali...thatd be twwo weeks) ...its always difficult for m to battle temptation w/ foods. its a great challenge, and i think i could lose some weight... id like to be under 170. (im 6'3 and like 178 now. so 10 pounds would be nice to drop.)

im stoked to meet big add chad at socali... hes the only other really tall person i now of thats in BAP, and i think he cold give me a good pep talk on how im not limited by my height and stature... he can do whirrs andbarflys and stuff, which proves my doubt of myself wrong. i want to be like him one day.... so meeting him first might help that. well, its late and i have hw. but somehow footbag is waaay more important to me right now =) thanks for reading, peace.
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 31 Jan 2008 03:57

Props on the butterfly improvement.

just curious, why do you want to lose weight?

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 31 Jan 2008 05:39

6'3" 178 is not bad.

i would turn that into muscle if i were you, instead of losing it.

im 160 6'3", it's too light. i dont know what i would feel like though if i was 178...i think i would be happy but thats only because ido crew and i really need to gain the weight to be in the senior boat. :wink:
Ben Rea

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 31 Jan 2008 15:18

i dunno, i just feel too heavy right now. i want my limbs a tad skinnier, especially my legs for footbag. and i have a litel gut id like to lose. yeah, im doing some weight stuff... mostly abs and upper body though, and calfs. thats about it. 6'3" and 160.... that sounds perfect to me. want to trade ben? aha
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 01 Feb 2008 00:22

Dude props on the butterfly improvement, and also for fixing your inward knee sets. You seem to be improving pretty quickly, and i need to stay more current with your progress so i can give you more props! :D Anyways, can't wait to shred tomorrow...today...i guess. But yeah, tis should be a awesome session.
Eoghan Patrick Morgan McDowell

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 01 Feb 2008 01:58

i stitched two bags in 24 hours.... they both rule. im trying to pump out a unch so i can show them off at socali jam. maybe someone will trade, who knows =) i also setup a session with yogan for later today at the library.... should be killer. goals:

infinityx20
atomsmasher>rpt
blur bsos
ripwalk>ripwalk>rpt
smear>PLO>legbeater>ripwalk>blur>PLO>(rpt???? lol)

big 3!!!! practice

legbeater>ripwalk>blur
or
smear>atomsmasher>atomsmasher

oh yes. goodnight.
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 03 Feb 2008 23:38

hey everybody! its been a few days, sort of hectic, but alot has happened. ill start with bad news... i had my black flying clipper bag with me at school (the same one i lost at nyj... foreshadowing) with my

a) choicest evr in the world fearless 55
b) hania bag that i love to play wiht
c) 3 bags i stitched including my two latest and greatest bags.

i put it on the roof of my car in the p[arking lot, talked to someone and got distracted.... then drove off. havnt seen it since =( luckily i still have a bunch of bags at home, but none broken in or with sentimentl value yet.... but me and yogan broke in my other 55 in the next thing i will speak of.....

a 6 hour and 45 minute session in my gargae from 7 pm to 1 :45 am. intensity in ten cities.

this session was sooooo great. i love 3 hour plus sessions, becasue thats the point at which my endurance and speed peaks, and awesome stuff happens. and my gargae is stocked full of water bottles, vitamin water, and a heater. i plugged in my laptop, opened itunes, and let it run almost all the way through my library hah. here are the results:

i hit every atomic move i hit on my strong side flip. i ws so happy.... this includes

-atomsmasher
-tap
-atomic legover
-tapdown
-legbeater
-atomic same clipper (crispy grifter.... so hard!)

then, i hit loads of combos i wanted to do for awhile.

-infinity>infinity>ripwalk>rpt
-blurry legover (name?)>PLO>butterfly>rpt
-sidewalk>ripwalk>sidewalk
-triforce to halfway through level 5
-PLO>magellan>rpt x3
-mirage>legover rpt for 20 contacts

it felt really good and reassuring. im glad i dont have a side preference for anything anymore...... my only criticism of myself is i really want to learn whirls and osis correctly.... im hoping chad d. can help me with this at socali, becasue we are so similar in stature. i stitched a bag today to replace the ones i lost. my stitching is becoming something i can be proud of.... i cant wait to show emily the differnece since nyj. who knows, maybe abshire himself will give me some tips. im way stoked, and the shoes i showed up there should be here before socali. oh and i got a new dog... labradoodle! his name is ziggy because he is black and mellow.... and his tail looks like a dredlock. my family is weird. please leave encouragement and suggestions if you have read this far. thanks guys, see some of you soon!
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag