John Goode Enjoying Nice Weather Blog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 14 Jun 2012 22:19

Where're you working?

I didn't see your EC post before. That was a rough showing on my part.. I wonder if I did any better in the second round? Probably not.

Ah well, thanks for uploading!

g00d33
Egyptian Footgod

Post by g00d33 » 17 Jun 2012 17:05

My internship is with N0r+hw3st3rn Mutu4l. So if anyone out there needs life/health insurance, I'm your guy! Just saying ;)

Unfortunately, I personally don't have the other round of footage. It exists somewhere in the depths of Will Tuttle's phone!
John Goode

g00d33
Egyptian Footgod

Re: John Goode Video Blog

Post by g00d33 » 09 Sep 2012 15:50

Well, I didn't kick from the very end of July up until today. The internship kept me really busy in addition to working weekends, so it was just difficult to have any form of me time. Today's session probably only lasted about a half hour, and it was alright. I need to find a good spot to kick this year. The area I'm in is a bit awkward this time around, but I should be able to just go to the tennis courts a lot. Also started running to try and expedite the getting back into shape thing. So we'll see what happens. I still carried around a bag to try to keep a bag on my feet any time I was in shorts, but basic stuff is hard again haha. Time to get back into it.
John Goode

g00d33
Egyptian Footgod

Post by g00d33 » 22 Dec 2012 19:07

I told Nick I'd post more in my blog, so here's a post! This is footage I took back in May, when I wanted to make a video but then stopped playing enough to have multiple good sessions. I've also been kicking somewhat for the past couple months. Had a couple weeks here and there with 3 sessions, but never more than that. I know some of these really aren't the cleanest, but I still wanted to post something!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQpqLQOg ... Aw&index=1[/youtube]

I really need to get back into the swing of things seeing as I've gained about 20 pounds from my lack of kick + bad eating. I've also lost some ankle strength, but hopefully I can start to reverse this soon!
John Goode

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 23 Dec 2012 11:09

siiiick nice stuff john

g00d33
Egyptian Footgod

Re: John Goode Enjoying Nice Weather Blog

Post by g00d33 » 13 Mar 2013 11:40

I've been playing every couple of weeks or so since being back at school, but every session has been a struggle given the time between each one. However, the weather was really nice on Sunday and Monday! I told myself to stop being a wuss and go kick. I wrote up a goal list / checklist of things to hit to make sure my body starts getting used to the feeling again. Over those two sessions, this is what I got:

-blizzard > smudge > dimwalk > rpt
-blur > smear > dimwalk > rpt
-blizzard > smear > dimwalk > rpt
-blur > smudge > dimwalk > rpt
-dlo > ss dlo > rpt
-rubberman
-whirr bs
-janiwalker bs
-barfly b2b bs
-drifter > pdx mirage > toe drifter > rpt
-toe drifter > ripwalk > schmoe > rpt

Nothing crazy, but I'm it felt nice to hit some tricks lol.

Also, had my yoga class yesterday and possibly kicking with Drew tonight. I gotta keep up any form of momentum!
John Goode