Jordan Alejandro : 2011 East Coasts Write-Up

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 14 Jul 2009 08:58

thanx a lot dude. It wasnt anything crazy though, I just felt like jammin out while the camera was on. I hope everyone enjoyed :D

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 15 Jul 2009 10:10

I had a radtastik session today in my new Lavers.

I really enjoy playing with the walls on, and with the shoe having like 918291729 less mods... All I did this time was removed the canvas from the toe and clipper and laced them footbag style. Thats all. All the other crazy mods people do are unecessary for my footbag needs.

Im glad I had such a good session in lavers, considering they werent even broken in yet. Was getting some 20 contact strings, stoked about that.

Drill Drill Drill.

MathieuGM
Fearless

Post by MathieuGM » 15 Jul 2009 17:44

The smaal guitar video was awsome dude :). props!

Concerning footbag, you really seems to love the game! It's nice! Keep playing, you're progressing very well :).

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 15 Jul 2009 20:24

thanx man, Im glad you enjoyed it :D

I do love the sport, and I really hope to be good someday.

I just need to keep on keepin' on.

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 20 Jul 2009 13:38

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 27 Jul 2009 09:58

My hips have been feeling weird lately. Ive started using some "hip-opening" stretches and they seem to work, but I guess I just need more rest. I took a day off of footbag yesterday, but still had a night session in socks. Worked pixie and downtime basics. Woke up today seeing clear skys and said to myself "Footbag!!!"

ate breakfast, put on my lavers, openened the door...

2 steps out the door... It starts pouring rain.

In the words of Zac Miley from Yearbook.

FAAAAAAWWWWK! :cry:

I might have a session on wednesday with Kyle, Tyler, and Jordan Zuber. Should be fun! If it doesnt rain. Although the local parks around here have pavillions that are shred worthy. +1

I havent posted much here about my shred, so here are some updates.

New Moves...

:arrow: Magellan BS
:arrow: Flip Smear
:arrow: Flip PLO
:arrow: Strong Smudge
:arrow: Strong Maverick/Mccain :lol:
:arrow: Downtime Egg
:arrow: Flip Symposium Mirage
:arrow: Swirl
:arrow: Stepping Legover
:arrow: Sidewalk

Ofcourse, I have been drilling basics like a Mo' fucka lately! My record for tiltless is 43 I think... Or somewere in the mid 40's. I average around 15 now. Which is decent... I guess.

Why is osis such a bitch?

I still cant get that move solid.

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 27 Jul 2009 16:17

Had fun with my Fruity Loops Program and Guitar Effects Pedal. Made a quick vid of me having fun playing some crazy techno stuff :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cmbSliKmpE[/youtube]

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 02 Aug 2009 13:50

Footbag. For me its becoming a lifestyle..

I beleive its the most fun thing that has happened to me in a while, and I enjoy it to the "nth" degree. Along with the practice and watching of constant videos, I have recently read the Vasek Klouda manual, and it has really changed my outlook on the sport, and the great one. Its nice to see that after reading the book, you can take the knowledge and attach it to any sport and anything in general. I believe in it strongly and its great to know that anyone can be great at anything when they understand the roots of it, before thinking they have bloomed into the flower they think they are. In order to become that flower we need to understand that there are things that we never take into account with not only footbag but with life in general. Im glad that book covers most of what people have never known before about being great, and how to become great.

It has been raining a lot lately, and I have been hanging out with my friend Leann almost everyday. I havent had much time to play footbag for full sessions, but I have messed around in my room working on my toe stall set and downtime 2's. I have been practicing in socks, because it makes playing in shoes, just that much more easier. The lavers are helping out a ton, and thanks to everyone who commented on my "Early July" video telling me to get lavers and work on basics more. Because that advice really saved me from being the kind of footbagger that I look at now and despise.

I will be having a session tomorrow with my friend Kyle, and I plan on drilling osis and ducking clipper a bit. I have my goal of hitting flipside paradon, that I WILL accomplish.

Footbag for me will be nothing but fun... And one day I hope to be good.

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 07 Aug 2009 16:16

::New Tricks::

:arrow: Paradon
:arrow: Flip Whirl
:arrow: Toe Whirl
:arrow: Flip Paradox Illusion

I'm gona be working the above tricks ^^ along with ducking clipper and osis.

I might make another (short) vid soon. Around 3 min.

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 12 Aug 2009 13:50

The tissue behind my knee has been a little sore for the past couple of days from practicing whirls.. Got any ideas anyone?

:cry:

I plan to rest for a little, might shred on saturday if my knee feels better.

Read the new thread I made in "Online Competitions"

My Competition

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 12 Aug 2009 22:37

The rules are set and Im ready to kick off the competition im doing!

Heres the link.. http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=20598

I need 5 players to compete, so let me know if you would like to do it, and I will write your name down.

The sooner you let me know, the sooner this starts!!

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 24 Aug 2009 16:56

My life... Busy, is the main word in this equation. Busy, busy, busy.. And getting worse.

I recently started working at Starbucks, which will take up most of my daily schedule for the last summer days. School starts in a couple weeks and I have to somehow balance my job and school on my foot (Footbag humor) .. I will have school till 2 pm every weekday, and 3 of those days I will be working at 3 pm. I will also be working on the weekends. Oh, and I cant forget to mention that I'm in 2 bands, one that practices every tuesday night, and the other that practices near the end of the week atleast 2 times :roll: Now, heres the big question.. How will I have time for footbag? I told you it would be BIG :lol: But seriously, I really love footbag.. And I dont want it to disappear with my busy schedule and winter coming around the corner, or 'around the world' if you will (footbag humor) .. I really hope things work out.

I plan to get atleast 3-4 sessions in a week for an hour. Hopefully.. I want to get to the point in footbag where I can play at the level I feel is best for me and is the most fun. And I will not let anything get in the way of that..

Just letting you guys know that in the end.. Footbag is always a priority in my life, no matter what gets in the way.

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 03 Sep 2009 16:32

Played for 2 hours today. Surprisingly I have been playing a lot lately. Which makes me very happy. I dont play with anyone so its hard for me to stay focused with things and progress as fast as I would like too. Not to complain, but I feel I could be a lot better than I am. Especially for a year of play.

Ive been working on osis and ducking a lot. But Ive taken time out to work on flip pixie and flip stepping and Ive surprisingly been able to hit some new things.

:arrow: Flip Ripwalk
:arrow: Flip Smear

Move of the week for me!

:!: :!: :!: Torque! It felt great to hit it! and I hope it becomes part of my trick selection soon. Both sides that is..

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 15 Oct 2009 17:28

hey man. i still never got the check for thirty dollars from you for the purple/blue hybrid. is that ever gonna come, or not? id just like to know. hopefully youre doing well and shredding better,

-cale
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 20 Mar 2010 12:28

Hey everyone.

g00d33
Egyptian Footgod

Post by g00d33 » 20 Mar 2010 14:39

Hi there. How've you been?
John Goode

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 22 May 2010 12:44

Hey.

I recently started playing again, due to this "hotter" weather. It feels great. I'm still tiltless, didnt really play at all this fall/winter/spring; maybe 5 or 6 times since the summer. Sad, I know.. But, I played today and I feel great. I have all my basics locked. Working on my 3's. Can hit my BOP's and whirl pretty solid BS. Working on ducking and spinning, still. Would love to start hitting more Pdx Illusion, so I will be working on it a lot.

Leave me some feedback, although I dislike the internet, I would enjoy conversing with you guys again. Especially the ones that have helped me keep the game in my life.

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 29 May 2010 16:15

Pdx illusion bsos

cant really get my mind on downtime paradon. or any downtime dod's.

let the research begin...

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 06 Jun 2010 15:04

Im going to start being more involved in this "footblog", over this summer I will be leaving many updates of my game, as if I'm making journal entries. I hope everyone enjoys, and makes conversation with me, because I would love to see what you guys have to say.

Work has been hard lately, especially with me wanting to play footbag a lot. Ive been really into the sport lately and Im happy that I didn't stop playing for good. Over the winter I didn't play much, just like last winter, and I hate myself for doing this every year. Ive been playing for 2 full years, but Ive only really played 2 summers. My game isn't up to where I want it to be, but Im sure most of the footbaggers out there feel the same way. Ive become more of an individual in the footbag world. I dont really keep in touch with anyone anymore, dont really post here, or use AIM. I play for myself, do moves that I find interesting, and enjoy it more than ever. I just wish there where more footbaggers here.

Ive been working on osis, ducking clipper, pixie stuff, and pdx illusion. I have many concepts on lock both sides, just working on getting drifters, dods, and stepping in the equation. Once I get this stuff down I will start drilling it more in depth. I just want to get as many concepts down, both sides, so I can build off of there. I want to be a comfortable player by the end of the summer. Not guiltless. Just comfortable.

Psilocybe
Fearless

Post by Psilocybe » 06 Jun 2010 16:11

Wow, you've really improved lately! :)