Wyrmfyre's Blog - Size 12 Lavers?

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
WyrmFyre
Fearless

Re: Wyrmfyre's Blog - Size 12 Lavers?

Post by WyrmFyre » 11 Jul 2013 00:12

No way!! To be honest, London is a fair distance for me to go on short notice, but still.... No way!!!!
Ian Cozens
My FootBlog :: PureShred

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 11 Jul 2013 04:08

I think he's there for a couple of months - great opportunity to kick with one of the best in the business.

WyrmFyre
Fearless

Post by WyrmFyre » 23 Jul 2013 03:54

First day back to work after having ten straight days off :D I played for 8 of them. I feel like the cobwebs have been more than shaken off now. Ive lost 5lb over 5 weeks, which isn't a lot as an average, but im more interested in maintaining the "losing" bit over the quantity. Ive got a camera full of footage to have a scan through, but off the top of my head a few of my "highlights" for the holiday were

:arrow: Getting ridiculously close to landing my first and second 3 dex tricks. This was during a barefoot session with my laver-less friend. I hit some other, smaller tricks barefooted too.
:arrow: Ducking clipper, B2B. Prior to my hiatus, this had eluded me for too long. Being strict with myself and making myself practice flip clipper has really paid off. And by practice, I mean properly, not in that half-assed "ohh, I gave it two tries" way that beginners like myself are probably a bit guilty of :)
:arrow: Getting more involved in local and community groups on Facebook. At least 20, or 30, or maybe a whole lot more people have at least heard the word "footbag" now.
:arrow: Stitched a bag out of some really cheap micro-suede-ish stuff, filled it with BBs, gave it to a friend, and then watched in awe two days later when he came round and hit ATW in front of me. Picked my jaw up off the floor when after watching me just once, he then footed Switch.

That'll do for now. I could rattle on for ages, but the daily grind is calling me back :(
Ian Cozens

WyrmFyre
Fearless

Post by WyrmFyre » 26 Jul 2013 01:48

An estimated 9000 people will be in my town tommorow, as part of the Mablethorpe Illuminations Weekend. Im gonna make it nine thousand, and one. Never mind Worlds, this is where the real action is at.... :)
Ian Cozens

WyrmFyre
Fearless

Post by WyrmFyre » 19 Aug 2013 06:38

Meh.... So apparently I have a trapped nerve, most likely caused by the fact that my dining table and chairs don't make good office furniture for extended use. The dull ache, I can get used to. What I don't like is the every-now-and-then feeling that 50,000 volts have suddenly been shoved up my *BLEEP*. On the upside, i have now stitched 5 footbags to almost-completion, just waiting on a delivery of filler.

What sucks the most, is that this past weekend has been really, really sunny, and I cant make good use of it :(
Ian Cozens

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 20 Aug 2013 11:08

Sorry to hear about the shitty trapped nerve. That sucks man. Can you still play at all? Hope you can and if you can't, I hope it heals up quick. It's looking good, keep kicking man!
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

WyrmFyre
Fearless

Post by WyrmFyre » 23 Aug 2013 03:32

Still feels kinda tight, but there's yet another beach event tommorow, and the weather is very promising, so hopefully this one wont be a total flop like the last two. Ill have to keep it simple; lots of the basic stalls with the odd osis > far switch or ducking clippers thrown in, but that should be enough. *crosses fingers*
Ian Cozens