Swizzle's progress....

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Dio
BSOS Beast

Post by Dio » 29 Aug 2011 09:10

Man I totally know what you mean - hitting those tricks consistently is such a great feeling. Sometimes I really think that footbag is the hardest sport ever haha just watching top players and comparing my own capabilities. But hey, we really need to play together soon, worlds 2010 was too long ago! Are you going to the east coast champs?

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 15 Sep 2011 08:58

My ~one a month update:

Last time I was feeling good and today I've played worse than a month and a half ago. This is probably the first time this has actually happened but I haven't gotten any better in the past month and a half. To be honest I'm really not sure if I've played more than once a week anyways. And those days I haven't trained but merely shredded and screwed around.

I couldn't clipper today well at all. Toe set clipp...fail. Movements for me weren't a problem, as in I could hit fog, stepping same drifter bs, jani, and ect... but I could only hit those. The stalls and sets for all of those were absolute garbage. I've done my fair share of inside stalls and alternating clippers, but if i'm going to get better I probably have to dedicate an entire 2 hour session to both of those. I've done a 5 hour session on alternating clippers back in the day, but I was hoping i wouldn't have to go there again lol... It wasn't exactly what I call fun.

I'm not in school but working full time, that is a huge reason why I haven't played much. I got time on my hands, but when I had an hour or two hour breaks between classes (which i purposefully scheduled) I would play footbag. The only chance I have to now is to wake up early and play before work at noon, which is completely doable, but i haven't found the motivation to every day. I should lay off the videogames at 1am...
Cory Allen
My Footblog

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 15 Sep 2011 09:02

What is your job? Are you on your feet the whole time?
Swizzle wrote:I should lay off the videogames at 1am...
I feel you. There are nights when I'm tired and know I should go to bed...but then I fire up TF2. :x Damn electronic crack!

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 15 Sep 2011 09:47

UPS store, not really on my feet a whole lot. Working full time has caused my priorities to change somehow though. At school I enjoyed going to school and playing there. There often live music too (hippy drummers), and mark also played at least once at school. So most school days I played. I feel less motivated to play at home by my self than I used too. It's probably not entirely the Work/School change but yeahhhhh :?
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Re: Swizzle's progress....

Post by Kylescook » 26 Nov 2014 12:50

I wonder If Cory will ever start blogging again. Its just not fair that i'm the only one that gets to see him shred.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 26 Nov 2014 17:00

Lol "it's not fair.."
I knew it was gonna be you Kyle after I saw the email saying someone posted here.

I just re-read all my blog posts and wow.. they're fairly embarrassing, but I suppose I don't care. I really am a nerd.

Apparently it's been three years since a post. Here we go:

I haven't played much in the past 8 months mainly due to my right knee. Still uneasy about getting about into it seriously because of the knee, and the fact that a lot of what I am trying to learn is the more strenuous stuff. I've been working out, getting into shape, and playing with Kyle Cook though. I've done a bunch basics again within the last month or two. I'm still pretty decent. Most of my basics are pretty good. Here's an overview:

Strengths
Stepping, pixie, atomic, quantum, furious, ducking, and many downtime tricks

Weaknesses
Spinning, swirls (especially flip side), fairy (especially strong side), osis, torque, and whirls can be painful, dropping on butterfly and PDX mirage is frequent

I play a little rushed, I lack creativity and use overused tricks too.

That's all for now
Cory Allen
My Footblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 26 Nov 2014 19:37

Dude, stoked to hear you guys have been playing. Kinda awesome since you said the one thing to bring you back was if there was someone else who played near you. Low and behold... It's Totally Kyle... Totally. I just recently went through all of the tricks I could do and "hacked" a bunch of them out of my repertoire. Footbag has too much variety to be great at everything. I nicked the stuff that was hard on my body, like toe triple dexes, symp Whirls, furious, and quantum. Maybe you could try making a repertoire list and leaving out the stuff that is hard on your knee/body. I must say that the only reason I duck atomic is because of you, so don't think your game never left a mark anywhere ;)
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 28 Nov 2014 08:13

Yes! I wondered if you would even notice I posted, so imagine my excitement when I saw it prompted a response!
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 28 Nov 2014 08:56

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic wrote:Dude, stoked to hear you guys have been playing.
+1. Always dug your style. Glad to hear you're getting back in it.

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 28 Nov 2014 16:01

Haha thanks Ken. Surprisingly, I was thinking of doing something along those lines Nick... I don't think I have a whole lot of variety but I guess I have style in my favor... currently (I can get more variety mby =D). I need to learn how to play light and then throw some harder tricks in there without doing constant shuffle stuff.. aka I suppose I need some breathe moves. I just need to get my head in the game >_>

Anyways. Today I ran two miles followed by an long leg workout. I weigh more than ever and am in the best shape of my life right now. I've also been dancing (air bagging) a bunch recently paying attention to creativity in my runs, also form for whirls trying to alleviate the knee pain, also attempting to learn new tricks I dance them first. My knee feels overall pretty good right now. The extra strength i have is helping..

Goals right now are to Get Buff, then play Footbag.. Oh yah
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 26 Dec 2014 20:47

Two hour footbag session tonight:

Magellan > smear > dimwalk > stepping ss legover > RPT
PDX dlo > atom smasher > pixie near clip > RPT
Blur > legbeater > stepping clip > ripwalk > RPT
PDX egg > atom > atomic far clip > RPT
Far symp swirl > reverse swirl x2 > RPT
Spin clip > blur > toe spin clip ... BS
Spinning butterfly > spinning pdx mirage ... BS
Also bedwetter both sides although it was more energy costing than I remember. I've stayed away from anything strenuous and most 5 adds out of fear of hurting myself. This was kind of a stress test.

Overall my control felt great. I already feel as if I am better than ever... I need a bit more cardio but that should come with more playing and such. Knee felt entirely fine this session although pain has been off and on. I've done exercises, stretches, ice baths & bags, and strength training for it and I definitely feel its getting better. Hopefully it won't continue to bother me though...

I've also gained 20 pounds and am in the best shape of my life right now. I'm feeling pretty good.....
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 27 Dec 2014 06:51

I understood at least 80% of what you said there. A new record for me lol. "Blur > legbeater > stepping clip > ripwalk > RPT" That was my favorite part
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges