Mike Green

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
worldbound
BSOS Beast

Re: Mike Green

Post by worldbound » 08 Aug 2012 15:25

Time to work on left and right clipper.
Mike Green
footblog
kicking since Mar 27, 2011

worldbound
BSOS Beast

Post by worldbound » 08 Aug 2012 20:52

Fuck, this shit is annoying. Work sucks for shred now. Only got in 10 minutes of clipper drops. I think my record was 7. Whatever.
Mike Green
footblog

MathieuGM
Fearless

Post by MathieuGM » 08 Aug 2012 23:12

At least, you played :).
And that makes me happy :)
that's it that's all :).
see you soon bro!

worldbound
BSOS Beast

Post by worldbound » 09 Aug 2012 09:22

Thanks for brightening up today! Yes, soon!

I'm going to get a hair cut and then work on left clipper before I go to work.
Mike Green
footblog

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 09 Aug 2012 10:34

You should just play TF2 with me until the weather gets better. And then you should come to USO and East Coasts so we can shred.

worldbound
BSOS Beast

Post by worldbound » 28 Dec 2012 12:03

Well I am back at it. 20 lbs heavier but full of energy. Had a clipper breakthrough today. I belive I am doing them correctly (finally). Shred session with the guys tomorrow. Maybe I should film it.
Mike Green
footblog

worldbound
BSOS Beast

Post by worldbound » 29 Dec 2012 17:31

Today's session with Conrad Rustad was amazingly fun. We went hard for about 2 hours and ended the session with clipper drills. Some highlights was Conrad landing everything first try despite not kicking for 3 months.

Since my clippers are different all the other tricks that involve it feel so much more natural and in control, especially butterflies. I didn't want to push too hard in fear of shin splints and other injuries. Some highlights were clipper>set>illusion on both sides, my clipper sets on both sides magically improved, osis to ducking both sides, finally being able to get the basics of pixie down right, and consistency getting a bit better.

Now I am sitting in HeatSync Labs with my wife reading HTML5 books while she crafts a Ninja Turtle themed dress (lol). If you want to check it follow me on instagram: @bagagle.

Time to find some great food and drinks in downtown Mesa. That session has triggered a hunger that only gods can possess.
Mike Green
footblog

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 02 Jan 2013 03:59

One of these days the whole Unity Crew will need to get together for a session. Just checking this website again is making me want to play more!
Wasabi wrote:Footbag is not materialistic; it's about challenging yourself and having fun at the same time.
Josh M.
My Website
Pm me for details about Munster Bags!

worldbound
BSOS Beast

Post by worldbound » 03 Jan 2013 21:28

Been really sick the past couple of days and out of sick calls from work. Too bad I am working 16 hour days yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Hopefully I will be better by Saturday so I can shred with Conrad.

I will update if the session happens.
Mike Green
footblog

worldbound
BSOS Beast

Post by worldbound » 09 Aug 2013 14:47

Watching videos of Worlds was inspiring. Kicked for 45 minutes at work today. Just focused on clippers and form. It might take a few weeks for me to get into shred shape. Moving into a new home on August 16th. There is an extra room that is perfect for footbag. I can't wait!
Mike Green
footblog

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 09 Aug 2013 16:47

You can get free flights all over the place, right? Come visit Chile some time...

worldbound
BSOS Beast

Post by worldbound » 09 Aug 2013 17:35

I love this idea. Not going to school this next semester. I will see what I can do.
Mike Green
footblog

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 09 Aug 2013 21:49

We should start kicking! I'm trying to get back into shred shape as well.
Wasabi wrote:Footbag is not materialistic; it's about challenging yourself and having fun at the same time.
Josh M.
My Website

worldbound
BSOS Beast

Post by worldbound » 11 Aug 2013 08:42

Did some clipper and form exercises at work for an hour today. Made some minor tweaks on weight distribution and form. Altering clippers and holding the stalls to see where I stand and if I fall one way or the other. It is still hard to balance correctly. My whole life I have been walking and balancing on the outsides of my feet. Once I can get these down things will be a lot easier.

Also made some improvements on toe stalls. Still not even close to getting pixies down. I was going to go kick at a nearby park after work, but was offered overtime. Easy money always wins with me. I will do another small session before I clock out.

Josh: What days and times are good with you? Are you still a graveyard man? My schedule is different every week, but I am down when you are.
Mike Green
footblog

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 11 Aug 2013 20:42

Yeah, I'm still graveyard. Right now my weekend is Sunday and Monday, unless an early morning shred would be better.
Josh M.
My Website

worldbound
BSOS Beast

Post by worldbound » 12 Aug 2013 04:35

Felt kind of sick as I went to bed last night. Probably pushed my out of shape body a little too hard yesterday.

Goals for today:
1. 20 good form alternating clippers
2. 20 same side clippers for each side
3. Total shred time 1 hour

Josh: How early is early? Sunrise shred would have the best weather ever. I don't work tomorrow and would love to kick first thing in the morning.
Mike Green
footblog

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 12 Aug 2013 04:58

I can do a sunrise shred. Where would be the best place to meet? I know you are way out on the east side and I'm on the west side.
Josh M.
My Website

worldbound
BSOS Beast

Post by worldbound » 13 Aug 2013 09:19

Had a really fun sunrise shred with Josh Munstermann from 6:30 am - 8:30 am. It was my first time meeting him and he is a really cool dude. We talked a lot about footbaggers, events, and questioning why we ever took breaks from this sport. It was great to be up early and get some drills in.

Mostly worked on clipper form and slowing down. Josh had a lot of great advice, helped me with form, and gave reminders on why drills are great.

Starting to play more on the balls of my feet instead of the outsides. My knees and shins are already thanking me for it. Awesome!

I love this sport, it was so much fun this morning. My main goal for the rest of the year is to kick for at least 20 minutes every day.

Proof that today happened:

Random side stuff:

My brother bought my (affordable) dream car this weekend. Perhaps I can get one just like it in a few years.

I had a weird ass drink that was reddit inspired. It is called the Alien Brain Hemorrhage:
Tastes like melted gummy bears

About to finish closing on my first home purchase. It will have a room just dedicated to footbag! I can't wait!
Mike Green
footblog

worldbound
BSOS Beast

Post by worldbound » 22 Sep 2013 04:19

Kicked on Saturday with Josh. It was a good eye opener. Getting better on form, and slowing down. Hit rip walk on both sides. Promised rip walk back to back next time Josh and I kick. Going to work on butterflies and drifters today.

Josh gave me a new badass footbag (after bugging him for weeks about it) and my wife got me a Jambox! Love this week!

http://imgur.com/XR6vest.jpg
Mike Green
footblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 23 Sep 2013 06:49

Really glad you're playing again man. Just recently, I was thinking, "not many players listen to Punk... but someone liked NOFX... Who the hell was that? ...Mikkeeeee!!!! :(" lol Keep it up man, you got Ripwalk b2b. That's your's. Just slow it down when it hits your clipper and pause for a split second. Good job on Ripwalk bs too.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman