david owen beyers

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
boats
BSOS Beast

Re: david owen beyers

Post by boats » 06 Jun 2013 15:50

yo dogggs new foot age brajes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5zv9rcB-Nw

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 25 Jun 2013 21:45

Played footy at west meadow beach today in East setaukit, Long Island NY. It was sweeet. Tristan, me, my friend dan, this dude garret, and this other dude Eric. Garret and Eric have been playing for a long time but never drilled. However, Eric has got sick style, even though he cant really hit strings. Garret is more about density. Garret hit ripwalk today which he was trying a lot the last time he played. he also hit dyno and pixie same osis for the first time. They both want torque. If these dudes drill and get into it that would be awesome :D

Some cool stuff i hit:
ended on barage>symple blink
Symple reverse swirl>ps reverse whirl
strings with symple dynos
tripwalk>far flail
other shit that i cant remember, phoenix is gettin easy for me too. I usually hit it by doing (stepping leg over>Phoenix)

It was cooooool. Im looking forward to more sessions with these dudes that all live in East Setaukit

ALso, This last weekend was sick for NYFA. Saturdayz sesh included DOug Tank, B. Dole, Drew Martin, Jon Good, outsider, Pascal, Mark, Hoagie, and Way. Cant remember a lot of stuff that anyone hit but it was fun.

I remember hitting super dada curve (dada curve with an extra dex in the beginning) kinda like a dada curvy joni walker, i dont know what the real name for that is

I also finally hit zoid same simple dyno!
LATAS

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 26 Jun 2013 05:11

Double dada = my two dads

Plus you played a sick set at big snow with a bunch of pretentious a holes. (really it was just the last band)
Drew Martin

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 26 Jun 2013 08:00

Matchbox 20 for lyfe!

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 27 Jun 2013 17:57

Played today at Stoney Brook with Tristan and Eric

Just keeping it simple and going for string length and both sidedness. Had a lot of fun.
Hit a flip torque and strong mobius. Was trying flib mobe and got pretty close. Also trying flip spining whirl. I feel like im going to get this down pretty soon and it almost feels easier than my strong side even though i cant really hit it yet. Its cuz im dexing with my right leg which is stronger. na wut i mean

Tristin hit like 6 spinning osis b2b, so sick looking. Mobius>Mobius is def in his future

Eric hit DLO for the first time!!!! he was also trying whirl again. He can hit this cool whirl kick trick. He was playing great. I think his longest string was 5 contacts but he can mix it up pretty good when he toe stalls. He came really close to hitting torque. Im actually surprised he didnt hit it. He def has the motion for it.

Long Island footbag. word up!

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 28 Jun 2013 09:36

sick!

I always read and watch videos but don't always have much to say, just so ya know. but im with ya brutha, good stuff
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

mtoolan
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by mtoolan » 28 Jun 2013 13:15

slapdash21 wrote:I always read and watch videos but don't always have much to say, just so ya know. but im with ya brutha, good stuff
+1. keep, it up, dave!
Mike Toolan
Penn State Footbag Club

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 28 Jun 2013 13:42

yea im trying to post whenever i play footbag cuz of nick wanting modified to blow up again. hell i want it to blow up again. I usually just lurk on here too. Watchn and readin

Played some bag at the first day of camp today. A kid from another group stole it from my locker room later in the day but im hoping to get it back. it was a waylon metalic bag that just started breaking in.

Playing tomorrow at central park with tony and bruce. Should be fun. THen im going to the Boner Smackdown (my friend krissys graduation party in her garage called American Boner) Centereach long island. Going to be rediculous. Toons and Slothbear are playing.

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 30 Jun 2013 10:24

We had a session at Central park yesterday. It was canada day which was cool. Mad Hockey and stuff. Tony, Bruce, and I played. Everyone was killing it. Central Park has great vibes and i love playing there.

Tony hit atom smasher for the first time. His game is so cool and different. Everything is crispy uptime. He was hitting combos like drifter>drifter>torque but everything crispy.

Bruce was going for some long strings and hitting cool stuff. Mecanosis is a sik trick that he hits.

I hit blurry mama curve for the first time. I think its a 6. (Blurry allusioning symp butterfly)?
atom smasher>atom smasher>paradon
hit a sweet gyro whirl first or second try
fun strings!

Waylon showed up after we were done but Bruce and I kicked with him anywayz

NYFA Spammed
8)

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 14 Jul 2013 20:49

Had a Wash Square Park sesh this weekend. Was killer. played in our normal spot by the pigeon peeps. WSP has a great mix of animals considering its nyc. Pascal, Bruce, Waylon, Drew, myself, and special guest Ian Brill! Ian totally surprised us. It was awesome. Ian is the man.

Highlights from what i can remember. If anyone else who played wants to chime in about what they hit, feel free.

Waylon hit paradon rake

Pascal was throwing down some sweet shuffle combos. He also kept ending strings by hitting himself in the ear while trying ducking sets.

It looks like torque is getting to be a solid part of bruce's game

Ian hit whirling swirl, some cool combos, Drew also mentioned how onetime he saw Ian hit a leggy atomic dyno. That must of looked awesome. Ian actually taught me how to do atomic sets at this NYFA tournie many years back. He was wasted and really wanted me to get the set. Thanks Ian!

Drew was playing really well. He hit mullet! he hit torque screw for the first time. Mobios. Drew has been incorporating dada curves into his game after watching ryan thomas. I mean who wouldnt want to be ryan thomas. They look really clean and he trys combos like dada curve, rip walk rpt. Drew also hit this really weird muted cross body rake but doesnt move his support leg at all and kind of just grabs the bag behind his leg with his toe and pulls it in front of him. really styley

I hit flip blender for the first time from toe, ive also hit it flip by doing a symposium whirl but bailing to osis,
also hit:
flip egg beater first time
Spining clipper, rip walk rpt.
whirl war
pswhirl
symposiom blink form toe
ended with superfly second try
Four contact shuffle, cant remember what it was really
long runs, some stuff is getting easier

Ive been trying to play footbag every other day with a full day to recover inbetween. I have definately liked being able to drill on my own durring the week and freestyle on the weekend. This next weekend is going to be great! NYFA spam (7). org I cant wait to ask Jindra to try and hit stupid things like blendering same torque or swirling swirling monster or massacering flail. SPAMED!

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 15 Jul 2013 08:33

bingo
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 16 Jul 2013 14:52

It was muted gyro toe but close enough and it wasn't the first time i've hit torquescrew, I just haven't hit it for a while. Thanks for posting my highlights bro.
Drew Martin

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 16 Jul 2013 19:00

yea and that other shit youve been hitting was like symp reverse whirling gyro toe? thats the drop off

Ian Brill
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Ian Brill » 17 Jul 2013 20:03

Thanks for dropping my name there, Boats!

It was fucking rad kicking with you all the other day. You and Drew are really coming along, doing all kinds of stylish stuff. The gyro toe stuff was some of my favorite, but your unique shuffle really impressed me- I really hope you take it farther and farther!

Glad you guys like the leggy atomic stuff. Now that I know how to do hippy adequately I may try to do that "other" style next time I'm around you guys- it might be fun to hit it into other things, but I have to be careful with it because I think it hyperextends my knees a bit. I'm glad you liked the Whirling Swirl. My favorite accomplishment was my first real combo of the day (which you acknowledged at the time), which was successfully hitting dim-walk out of ducking PM, first try, mid-string. This was my first real session since East Coasts of last year, because of back pains, and it was a fucking privilege to be able to share it with my original crew.

Really looking forward getting un-injured and kicking with you all lot more in the future.

anhkhoashevakt
Shredalicious

Post by anhkhoashevakt » 18 Jul 2013 10:06

Looks like things are going nicely for all you guys over there in NYC!
I hope I'll be able to meet you guys in New York some time. Going to be great fun! :D

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 19 Jul 2013 11:20

Appreciate the increased posting here.

You gonna be at Worlds Boatz?

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 21 Jul 2013 10:21

Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 21 Jul 2013 20:53

Ken, saddly, im not going to worlds cuz i would only be able to go one weekend. I wanted to see the final circle contest but that is on friday. Lame :cry: However, this last weekend was really fun. We had our jam with Jindra. I took a lot of footage and will be making a recap of the jam. More of a proper write up will come later.

Kevin Crowley, thank you for that

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 24 Jul 2013 13:17

Wait, so you're not going for the last weekend? Weeeeeaaaaakkkkkkkk. We need you to mess with Drew though!
Doug Tank

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 24 Jul 2013 13:49

you can still mess with dreski. I will be there in spirit. I just really dont want to go to worlds for one day of competition and have it be net. No offense to all of the net players, It's just not my thing.