TMNT Have Nothing On This Shredder

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Derek
Fearless

Re: TMNT Have Nothing On This Shredder

Post by Derek » 10 Apr 2013 16:25

Chillin', Killin', Livin' Like a Villain

Had a couple sessions at my parent's new casa, in the backyard, pretty ill. But I was finally able to make a session to Crawford(my comfort zone) today. Didn't realize that there was a park with tennis courts just down the street(8 minutes walking), bouta save so much in gas. But anyways, I was really feelin' beat today, finally got back to working out. Plus, it was like 87 degrees out today, but that probably just helped. Started a bit slow, but I was nailin' some shit.

-Smog(BS)
-Paradox DLO(BS)
-Pixie Symp Mirage(BS)
-Paradox DLO >Pixie Symp Mirage(One Side, but FUCK YEAH! Had a nice roar after landing it)
-Egg and Bubbabeater all day
-DLO >Magellan >Smear >PLO repeat (first try)
-Clipper(flip) >P. DLO >DATW >Magellan >PLO >Smear >Smear >Smudge >Magellan fail
-Tiltless to 50 (Twice)

Itchin' for a Stanford session, but it might be a bit :|
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 07 May 2013 18:28

-Paradox Egg(one side)
-Keep forgetting to work on Atomics. Poop.
-Found a dude who is really into footbag, like as much as me. He's only been kicking/playing for just over a month, but already hit toe stall back-to-back, and hit some insides. Been trying to feed him as much of my knowledge of footbag as possible, or as much as he can handle. I tend to overdue it, but he get's it. Excited to see his progress over the Summer.
-Going to try and make a Stanford session this weekend, so I can prepare for Green Cup. 2 weeks, and I'm done with this semester. Once Summer begins, I want training to take over my life. Been preparing my body for what's about to come. Somewhat strict diet and very strict water intake for the next few months. I will, for damn sure, be Guiltless after this.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 15 May 2013 10:22

Had the Whole Earth Festival this past weekend. Usually a dope time to find some circles and decent players, but this time wasn't so great. First of all, I was going to make a Stanford appearance, but my family has terrible luck with vehicles. Luckily, the festival is just a 25 minute bus ride away. I couldn't find a circle anywhere, so I just had to set up shop by my lonesome, which is how I played for quite some time. Killed me, because later in the festival I actually found some good people. About 2 hours on my own, then another 2+ with peeps. Some dude was rippin' it up with some Clippers in Heely's, caught me by surprise. And, I only busted(I can patch it, though) one of the bags I made, which it was gettin' past it's prime. Just glad to see my bags survive some brutal kicking, even after being aged, gives me some confidence in slangin' a few bags. They were all 14 panel- 3 stitchers, and now I'm all about the 4.

Also had a session yesterday, which scared me. I don't know if it was because I hadn't eaten much, and was playing in the morning, but I couldn't even get to an hour of shreddin'. Had to call it short, cause my back was tweakin' out. I may have pushed through it too much, and made it worse. But I was still able to hit some shizz, just couldn't get into my 4's, and Clippers had to be cut short. I better be good, still need to do some heavy drilling on Atomics, I ALWAYS FORGET. And I'd like to have that down for a nice Sick 3 for Green Cup. I wish there was an event that was like a Sick 4, or Sick Repeat, so one could show off some bothsidedness more efficiently. Like Smog >PLO >Smog is cool, but PLO >Smog >PLO >Smog is mad dope. Just wish that, cause I'm too much of a weiner to work on a routine, so not much I can sign up for competition wise. Anyways...

Overall Highlights:
-(strong)Butter >P. Mirage repeat *2 alternating sides
-(flip)Smog >Mirage >ss DLO >Mirage >Smog >ATW >ss DLO >DLO >PLO >DATW >Paste fail
-(strong)Magellan *7 >PLO >Mirage >Magellan *4, fail on the 5th
-(flip)Smear >PLO repeat *4
-(flip)Magellan >Smear> PLO repeat *2
-(flip)Smear >Magellan >ss DLO repeat
-(flip)DLO >ss DLO repeat *2
-a few runs that were mainly Tiltless, but had a couple of handfulls of 3's, with a dash of 4's at times. 30-40 contacts
-Clipper run that was like 30+ contacts, but it was all Clipper shit, 2's and some 3's
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 13 Jun 2013 14:16

Guitless Run:

PLO >PLO >PLO >PLO >PLO >PLO >PLO >PLO >Magellan >PLO >Magellan >PLO >Smear >PLO >Smear >PLO >Smudge fail

My last run was pretty dope, too. Forgot to do some Symp Mirages, so I had to bust some real quick. Had some group of kids on bikes watching as well, so I felt pressured to do something cool:

Symp Mirage >Switch >Symp Mirage >Switch >Symp Mirage >Switch >Symp Mirage >Switch >Symp Mirage >Switch >Symp Mirage >Switch >Symp Mirage >Switch >Symp Mirage >Switch >Magellan >Smear >ss DLO >PLO >PLO >DLO >DATW >hand catch

Then I ended on a Smog on both sides. Also, Ducking is getting more managable from flip Clipper :wink:

Now I must shower...
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 08 Jul 2013 10:55

I Should Post Here More

In the next couple weeks, I should make another video, gotta house-sit again. Haven't really been getting down as much this past week and a half, had a gnarly heat wave, high 100's forever. Before that, though, I was steadily playing 3-4 times a week, which I'm gettin' back on top of. Couldn't make it to Stanford this past weekend, but I'm 92% sure I will be there for this one. Went and kicked with 'em the weekend before US Open, which was rad. Brian was on it, and as was Steve, till his knee got un-happy. Hit my first Royal Assassin, only went for it cause it felt right. Hit it on the second try to hand catch, but no mas! Hit PigBeater a couple times, too, once mid-string. Getting a lot better at mixing everything together now, so it's not just 2-5 moves repeated out the ass(more like 4-15 now), and getting better at mixing in 3's and what-not.

Been trying to stick to the basics a bit more, just to get my Clipper closer to the level of my toes. Hit my first 100 Tiltless the other day! It was the deadliest of death runs, but I was able to continue the session. Been really cuttin' back on the amount of forrest fires I consume, which has been helpin' my stamina(and my diet!), mainly cause I was going overboard with it. I really want it to be next Summer already, I will definitely be making more competitions.

Ingrained into my head:
-(flip)Switch >DATW >Switch >ss Mirage >DATW >DATW >op Toe >Mirage >Pick-up >DATW >Switch >Switch >DATW >DATW >DATW >footed DATW = drop
-(flip)Smog >Mirage >Switch >Smog >Smog >ATW >(flip)Clipper >Illusion >Pick-Up >Illusion >(strong)Clipper >ss Pick-Up >ss DLO >(strong)Clipper >Paradox DLO hand catch!!!!
-(flip)Clipper >Ducking op Clipper >Ducking op Clipper (Very lucky, but I about shit myself when it happened)

My only goal is to get better, which I think I'm doing.
Till next time...
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 13 Jul 2013 19:48

STANFORD Sesh

-Pixie Symp Mirage BSOS
-P. DLO BSOS
-Atomic ss DLO
-P. DLO >Smog(one side, poop)
-A nice run that had Pixie Ducking Switch(left), ss Assassin(right), and Smog BSOS. Probably a total of 15 or so contacts.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 04 Aug 2013 10:00

Fun With Peter and the Bear

Had a session yesterday with Brian and Peter, it was the first time I had met Peter, and I'm glad I did. He rips. Many thanks to them for helping me at the end with op Clipper form, very much needed! Since I've started over again on the Clips, toe's have been getting extra attention. Drill time goes about 20-30 Clippers, 30-40 on toe from Tiltless up to some Tripless. Which I am secretly super happy about :twisted:

I wanted to post a video of the song, Taking Chase as the Serpent Slithers, by RX Bandits, but no matter what I do, it won't fly.

Highlights: (All toes)
-Smog (BSOS, but only once :( )
-Pixie Switch >Ducking Switch >Pixie Ducking Switch (Not too sure, but I think I did this BS)
-Magellan >Ducking Switch >Magellan >Ducking Switch >Magellan >Ducking Switch >Magellan >Ducking Switch (New drill I dig)
-Ducking Switch >Ducking Switch >Ducking Switch >Ducking Switch (last one was basically footed, but it stalled)
-Ducking Mirage >Ducking Switch >Ducking Switch >run
-Assassin (BS)
-Pixie Ducking Switch (BS, what I really want BSOS, and was soo close)
-Pigbeater (one side)
-Atom Smasher (one)
-Tap (BS)
-A few mixed Tiltless/Guiltless runs that were pretty solid, well for me at least.

Now I must watch Anssi's video about 5 times, and still never fully understand all he hit.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 08 Aug 2013 18:39

PURE JOY.

Last two runs of the session:
-(strong)Magellan >PLO >Smear >ss DLO >Smog >DLO >PLO >ss DLO >ss DLO >Smog >PLO >DATW >DLO >hand catch

-(flip)Magellan >Magellan >PLO >Magellan >Magellan >PLO >DLO >DLO >ss DLO >DLO >DLO >ss DLO >ss DLO >Smear >Magellan >ss DLO >Smear >Magellan >ss DLO >PLO >PLO >hand catch

I have an eye witness, it was a session with a buddy. Each hand catch was very violent, each time he thought I was going to throw the bag at him.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 22 Aug 2013 19:36

Session Highlights:

-27 Guiltless(all Pixie)

-Pigbeater BS!!!

-Smog BSOS(first try)

-flip Eggplant?(Atomic Leg-over)

-ss Smog BS

-Puck BS

-ss Assassin

-ss Egg *3

-Tiltless to 50 *2

-ss Ducking Mirage >Ducking Switch repeat (toes)

-Smear >Ducking Switch repeat
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 04 Sep 2013 16:33

Shreddin' Like A Paper Shredder

Probably my best overall session I've had, but it seems like each new session is a little better than the last. Played for almost 2 hours, solo. Really wanted to push further, but my left ankle has been bugging me all day. Clippers can go ahead and eat a dick.

Highlights:
-Clipper >op Clipper *5 (10 contacts)
-FLIP DATW (Yay)
-Flail (Hit it 3 times)
-Scrambled Eggbeater (Atomic Pick-Up)
-Eggplant, Tap, and Atom Smasher BS
-Eggbeater >ss Eggbeater repeat (Very eh, but yeah)
-DLO >ss DLO repeat *2 (8 contacts)
-Paste repeat *5 (10 contacts)
-Smog BSOS (2 times)
-Puck BS
-flip Assassin
-Pixie Diving ss Mirage

All done with my super badass new Bear Bag, thing is a freakin' BEAST. Been trying to stay somewhat consistent with playing with the Stanford Crew, but it might be a couple weeks now. Poop. Many thanks to Mr. Sherrill for meeting me half-way and recording/sending my entries for the online Sick One & Three comp. And for blowing my damn mind!
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 10 Sep 2013 15:25

Highlights:

-100 Tiltless
-Clipper >op Clipper *5 (10 contacts)
-flip DATW (Twice)
-DATW *4
-mid-string Flail
-Atom Smasher BSOS
-Eggplant BS
-Tap BSOS
-flip DLO *6
-DLO *8
-ss DLO *6
-DLO >DLO >ss DLO repeat *2 (12 contacts)
-Eggbeater >ss Eggbeater repeat (CLEAN)
-Clipper >ss Butterfly BS
-Clipper >Infinity BS
-Clipper >Ducking op Clipper BS
-PLO *17
-PLO >Magellan repeat *4 (16 contacts)
-DLO >Magellan >Smear >PLO repeat
-Paste *9
-Smudge >ss Smudge repeat
-Smog >PLO repeat
-Pigbeater BSOS (BS for sure, but the BSOS could of been THE)
-Pixie Symp Mirage BSOS
-Puck BS
-flip Assassin
-Pixie Diving ss Mirage

Very pleased with this session. Also, pretty beat up.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 11 Sep 2013 08:26

I can finally post this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAOq80-ggko[/youtube]
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

rjadamson
Multidex Master

Post by rjadamson » 11 Sep 2013 16:48

Is that your first 5? Congratulations on a great trick, Derek!

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 11 Sep 2013 18:08

It's my first caught on video, otherwise I've hit 3. Thank ya, thank ya good sir! Props on the Phoenix >Blink, seems like you are getting Phoenix pretty dialed down. Glad to see you are still getting after it somewhat.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Eskimo Joe
Cold Blooded

Post by Eskimo Joe » 12 Sep 2013 14:59

Nice! What i really liked about this and most entries to the comp were the reactions. The joy always shines through. Great work man, I don't think I have ever hit a three dex!
Eskimo Joe

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 12 Sep 2013 19:21

really really sick progression. you're training smart young buck. really digging all the eggbeater/smog/sick toe shit combos on top of your ever growing grasp of the basics.

phat sick one, ive never done that before. i feel like its probably alot tougher then alpine smog so props on you for bustin' big.

keep it up.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 16 Sep 2013 15:18

Joe: Many thanks, dude! Agreed, I actually think the reactions can be even better than the trick, at times. I bet ya could, challenge, maybe? 8O

Kevin: :D Very glad you think so, man. Means a lot, like, a lot, a lot. So much so, I don't really know what to say. So, thank ya. It was dope to see some fresh Hogan footage! Hope there is more in the near future.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 25 Oct 2013 12:24

Blaaaaaaaaahh...

Wanted to get down, but didn't really have anywhere to play in the shade. It was pretty toasty, so the session was a bit shorter than normal. My main focus for a while, is trying to get the Clippers better and more consistent, and longer runs. This was probably my most average session, not too good, but not that bad. I need to stop hunching so much, and waving at people, wiley ass arms. Since focusing on getting Clippers down, I've been doing more freestylin' than I have drilling, which will probably change. Trying not to go all toe is so hard. Really need to clean up my Illusions, sometimes they feel DOPE, but others are just bleh. Not trying to do anything too strenuous, so I didn't really want to try anything for Matt Cross' online comp. I need to get better. Took me 3 tries to throw this thing together, stupid program kept crashing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKsuhNBIEvw[/youtube]
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 25 Oct 2013 14:46

...And the battle has begun

Talking about Clippers of course ;) or am I? ;) ;) ;) I think only you will get this lol

Anyway, gotta make this brief. Sick stuff man, your game looks great! Keep it up! I'd like to see you break your op clipper record every day by at least 1. That will help

Peace boss.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 28 Oct 2013 12:02

RX Bandits is a must, at least once per session! That's something I'll start trying. Op Clips are the only way I like 'em.

Thanks, good sir.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield