MAC's

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
mac42
Hack Fiend

MAC's

Post by mac42 » 22 May 2013 16:49

Hi. So.... I've been kicking since i was like 15, every summer for only a couple months. About January i started playing with the big boys so to say. More than just circle kicking. My friend and Vince talked me in to. Introduced me to in to Brandon, and thanks to both of them i have litterally made leaps. And last week i was lucky enough to shread with Anton.

My goal for this summer is to ripwalk. I have wanted that trick for so long just thought it out of reach.
Currently no real lines. Since january i have learned to control my downs. I got a clipper on both sides now. clip>opclip, and i can do x5 on the left side and x2, 3 if im lucky on the oposite Thank you Anton! Pixie (only set from rtoe), illision, mirage, smudge/smear, dimwalk. Are just bit to my arsenal. I find pixie is hard to do in play thats something i need to work on, and doing it from the ugly foot too. Have been doing little ducking, almost got phoenix a couple times.
i have been playing with
Down>whirl>bubba i think thats right.

I guess im kinda all over the map. It almost seems chaotic written down.

Im gonna go shread a bit b4 dark.

Dont be shy. Im trying to soak up as much as possible. Criticism welcome

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re: MAC's

Post by C-Fan » 23 May 2013 11:27

Look forward to tracking your progress in your blog. If you haven't done so yet, I recommend taking some footage of your game. Watching footage of yourself can be very helpful in that it allows you to see what you're doing wrong and right. It's also cool to have a record of something like that in your blog, so when you revisit it several years/posts later, you can see how far you've come.

Good luck with the footbag journey!

mac42
Hack Fiend

Post by mac42 » 02 Jun 2013 18:17

Brandon T. got in to town today. Had a nice session. Picking up some good habits. Re ally excited about this week. Bunch of players coming, Anton, Tom from cic, going on a trip to see zach. Should get alot of tips.

mac42
Hack Fiend

Post by mac42 » 08 Jun 2013 04:31

Totally missed seeing Zach. Tom is on his way up from Chicago. So excited... hit a legit osis, paradox legover, and a refraction. And murdered my legs drillin trying ripwalk. I understand why is called ripwalk. I bet we dreaded for 5-6 hrs. Hope i didn't kill my legs to bad.

I love kicking with people more experienced than myself. Best motivation, and tips.

mac42
Hack Fiend

Post by mac42 » 09 Jun 2013 13:47

Got a stepping set. Blur and rip walk are so close!! I almost hit blur the first try i was so psyched. Playing with Tom was .... amazing to watch. So much inspiration in playing with people on that level.

mac42
Hack Fiend

Post by mac42 » 10 Jun 2013 21:21

I did it today!!!!!!!! Ripwalk like a pro!! Shinsplints and inner thighs kill, but i did it!

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 11 Jun 2013 11:32

Stay on your toes man. Great job with the game so far. Keep playing with more experienced players. Their skills will rub off on you. But seriously, as a dude who has suffered from shin splints for over a year, STAY ON YOUR TOES.. I can't stress that enough man. Like, try to not let your heels touch the ground too much. It will help you. Hope to shred with you some day!
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

mac42
Hack Fiend

Post by mac42 » 11 Jun 2013 16:51

And hit sidewalk today first attempt.

Thanks, ill try to stay on my toes more. If your ever going to be in Michigan it would be a pleasure

mac42
Hack Fiend

Post by mac42 » 17 Jun 2013 10:25

Nothing really special. Just trying to dial in the left clipper. Paradox butterflys, clip to op clip , butterfly op butterfly... left is so weak for set up, it just doesn't crank like it needs to. So frustrating !!! I can almost hit egg better. And been watching Anz' video for torque. Once i can nail my clippers, osis is going to be next to perfect i can hit osis with the right , but again the left just isn't there yet.

Drill drill drill...

I miss playing with Turner, and Tom. Having players at those levels .... i want to shred so hard around them. I feel like when they we here i made so much progress from listening to them and watching. With any luck Anton will come up this week. That would be cool.

Kick this morning. The little thing are coming quite naturally now. Not nearly as rushed and frantic. Nice easy smooth. It feels real good. Work now. Shred after work.

Any tips for getting an ankle to crank harder for clipper??

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 17 Jun 2013 14:13

I have better crank than most players, so I think I can help you here. One thing I used to do RELIGIOUSLY is stand on my ankles. Like, I made sure I did it every day for around a year. Don't put all of your body weight on them, but just use a little bit more weight each time. Also... build up your calf muscles. The stronger your calf muscles are, the more muscle you have to crank that ankle to hit your clipper. Do those 2 things and you will have better crank within a year.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

mac42
Hack Fiend

Post by mac42 » 17 Jun 2013 16:36

Thanks! Ive been standing on my ankles almost regularly so its good to know i had the right idea. Hope to kick with you someday!

mac42
Hack Fiend

Post by mac42 » 19 Jun 2013 20:01

Anton came to kick today. 3hrs of awesome. Probably had 15 people in the circle. And a few liters interested in freestyle. With some luck they will stick around. Anton had some good pointers for me. Like stopping my arms from flailing. Lol. And told me a couple of lil strings to practice. And apparently im backwards.... not the first time i have heard it. Tom mention it before that my left side is my good side ( clipper, whirl, my good dexs) and the right side well it doesn't whirl, some times it clippers, and it can osis. ( look at my talking like its a seperate entity from me lol) so hopefully locking that side down will be a bit easier ( and make me amazing)

I think i can hit torque, turn a little more it should happen.

Anton hit mobius !!

So.... To do list
butterfly>osis> paradox mirage.
Osis infinitys
Butterfly infinitys
Right side clipper. Note to left foot. Do it.

mac42
Hack Fiend

Post by mac42 » 01 Jul 2013 09:32

Had a great session with Vince yesterday. My flip side is starting to come around, making shreding great. Clippers and butterflys, oh my! Leg overs are way consistent, and i can continuously hit them one after the other. Osis' are crab with the left. But the right is al most perfect. And i knocked out blur, IN PLAY!! I was so psyched, i grabbed the bag and threw it on the floor.

I really need to get a video camera. I want to see what i look like playing. Form and rhythm. And Turner wants to see. No anyone selling a nice camcorder?

And Thank you all. Everyone for all tips,and encouragement. My legs seriously need to rest. That
in sure but i cant fight against progress. It feels like in cheating my self if i don't play daily

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 05 Jul 2013 17:27

Oh hi. Just saw this.

mac42
Hack Fiend

Post by mac42 » 06 Jul 2013 23:25

Oh hai!!!

My poor legs today. But i was feeling it today. I had like 45 minutes just filling at the bus station. So dreading was the answer. I have kicked in groups with people far greater than myself.... But today I was so happy i drew a crowd! And catching some of the peoples faces. I wish i could play without have to watch the bag. A couple people clapped. It felt good.

Anyways flip side is coming along... clipper is getting sooo much better, just have to get the toss in and it will be set. My stepping is getting really good, any better i think i can duck it. Ripwalk is like maybe 30% hit. Blur is a bit more successful. I got legovers and pickups all day.

Still no torque. I think i don't get off my set foot fast enough to get over it right, or get to kids nearly as fast as i should. But i don't try to throw it very often. I have been trying eggbeater, barfly and a couple times superfly. No success yet. Double dexs ...... i just can move my legs fast enough yet.i really want them!! Lol i some how threw gyro to clipper, i couldn't believe it, tried not to seem to surprised and kept it going.

Still working on the strings. Butterfly to osis doesn't quite work yet, unless i throw it xbody the i can osis just fine to xbody mirage even. _ _
\ (-.-) /

Not getting shin splits so bad any more. I hope its cause im on my toes more, partially part of the arch supports i added im sure. But who cares, less pain = more game. So win! Still need to invest in a camera.

Shred on everyone.

P.s. if anyone knows someone in the Tampa FL area. And they are actively shredding. Let me know. Or if you know Turner send them his way. This poor guy has no one to kick with on a regular basis. :-(

mac42
Hack Fiend

Post by mac42 » 12 Jul 2013 07:53

Another night shreding with anton. Excellent session.

mac42
Hack Fiend

Post by mac42 » 15 Jul 2013 10:36

Had another good session yesterday. Seriously dehydrated from the night before. I hit stepping ss mirage! Hit ripwalk super clean. Still not very consistent. Im procrastinating so bad on taking my flip side clipper and osis. So...... i suppose that is going to be my main focus for as long as my attention can bear it. And more landing and use of my toes. I noticed when i was playing with Anton that i sounded something similar to a horse on planks, and Anton well he could have sneaked up on a ninja.

mac42
Hack Fiend

Post by mac42 » 18 Jul 2013 17:13

A lonesome night practicing by myself. None to try to impress but me. Flipside clipper is getting strong-er... i got a couple back to back same side. Had a decent enough toss to do a lil pickup, and even got lucky enough to do clipper to osis. Osis with the left foot is still ugly. I together my crank on with that foot. I threw down pretty good yesterday. Tried, i think its paradox drifter. Rolled right off my inside. Threw smudge followed by ripwalk. And discovered i lost the ability to start with pixie, in play works... idk.... just have to spend tome drilling my weak stuff for now.

mac42
Hack Fiend

Post by mac42 » 27 Jul 2013 07:33

Not to much to report. Its been a bad week for my bags. Im in desperate need of some need ones. My Hania is being held together with super glue and is fading. And the Polini, that just sprung a leak. Thinking about getting a few of both. Im just way to rough apparently.... :(

On another note. ( less sad) is there a name for symposium mirage symple leg over? Is it a symposium mixer? Does anyone do it? I have been attempting mixers and eggbeater every often, and practicing symple switch to get the catch but no cigar yet.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 29 Jul 2013 07:21

Do you do this or pick the bag up other ways with your feet? That really kills a good bag.

I don't think there is a name for "symposium mirage symple leg over", it would just be Symposium DLO since the legover is always symple. But people do them.

You can also do it where you jump on both feet, it looks really cool and is called Stomping.
http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=16489