MAC's

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
mac42
Hack Fiend

Re: MAC's

Post by mac42 » 31 Jul 2013 05:29

i picked up my first bag like that. but i have been picking ll bags up by hand since i killed the first one.

so is it odd that i am closer to hitting symposium dlo than say mixer or eggbeater.

and since im posting, newest hits
osis to stepping
stepping illusion

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 31 Jul 2013 06:11

Not super odd, maybe a little. Probably something with your footwork being off on the regular version.

Have you checked this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MccJVeGI-oc ?

Nice new hits! If you have the opportunity it would be cool to see some video, then you could also get some tips on form and such :)

mac42
Hack Fiend

Post by mac42 » 31 Jul 2013 11:59

i still need to get a video camera.... not that it would help, apparently i can sense when there is a camera on me or in my direction. Then i choke. But I am working on it, Anton has a camera. I might ask him to bring it out the next time we get a session.

I have seen so many Anz videos, that's the bible for beginner freestylers. I know some of my woodwork is off, I still don't have the greatest flip side. But its getting stronger everyday. I think... and its only the little observations i get from the other 2 guys i kick with on the regular say that important so close. I just need to nail the timing. If weren't for timing I would have torque and mixer and eggbeater bubba-beater and i could stall my rip walk. Ill get some video as soon as i can...

P.S. thanks for the tips

mac42
Hack Fiend

Post by mac42 » 06 Aug 2013 14:33

Stepping ss illusion
stepping illusion
osis>stepping
flail

just some of the new tricks
flip clipper is getting stronger, and flip osis i getting there
was a pretty good week so far until my back started to feel like it was hit with a bat

mac42
Hack Fiend

Post by mac42 » 08 Aug 2013 07:56

Im going to have to take some time off... Not happy about this. But I killed the joints on my left side some how. I think flail did it the most. But Tuesday my back was a little sore, i attempted to shred and it didn't work. Wednesday Anton came up from kzoo, so i started my day with hit packs and cold packs, some awesome pain killers, and had a pretty good session. Then my knee started to act up. Probably not the smartest plan but i couldn't pass up kicking with Anton.... Lots of stretching and as much low impact as possible.... So disappointing

mac42
Hack Fiend

Post by mac42 » 15 Aug 2013 06:33

This sucks. I try to kick. Not the best performance. I have been trying to keep it as low impact as possibile. Its giving me a chance to work on my weak clipper, and practice osis to osis. Which are coming around. But its hard when your partner just hit swirl and torque.

mac42
Hack Fiend

Post by mac42 » 21 Aug 2013 10:11

So I am debating on going to see a doctor. Everything is pretty close to back to normal. But not quite. My lower back is a little stiff n sore, but that's loosening up every day. But my left knee still flares up like crazy after about 20 minutes. My lovely day caught me wearing knee braces, and laughed at me then mentioning that i have these HUGE ass knee caps and not enough cartilage to keep then in place. Good to know but its the back side of my knee, in the knee pit on the out side. Im still trying to keep it low impact. And just get as much in a day that i can until it flares up.

But when you go on road trips to Ann Arbor, to shred with some of the best in the area its hard nitrogen to try to keep up and try needs tricks. Anton was nice enough to bring me and Brandon along with him to kick with Zach, and Adam. Talk about intimidatingly inspirational. One of the greatest sessions I have experienced yet. And then playing the most ridiculous game of 4square in Antons dining room.

Turner is going to stop by for a bit after his trip through Canada. Looking forward to that. hopefully he will be i decent shape

mac42
Hack Fiend

Post by mac42 » 29 Aug 2013 13:57

Feeling strong!!!

Back at it again, everyday i can. God I love the feeling of a good shred.
After seeing Zach, and Adam...... seeing that level up close is so inspirational. I want to be at that level NOW!!

Spinning has become easy, Stepping too. And I have been able to link them in to some lines too.

Feeling excited!

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 29 Aug 2013 16:03

Yo man, great to see that you're back and at it!

Don't go ham during sessions though. Just enjoy the process of getting good. Don't rush it.
Dont worry about getting better,
Be happy with how good you are right at this moment,
and try to get better for tomorrow.
~Jim Penske
Anssi left that on my blog one time and after thinking about that a good bit, it totally changed my game.

Think about it and use the quote in your sessions. It will help you.

Looking forward to shredding with you eventually. You should come to East Coasts Championships Sept. 27-29. I believe Zach is trying to go too.

It'd be great to meet some new up and comers.

Keep it up and stay healthy and injury free.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

mac42
Hack Fiend

Post by mac42 » 01 Sep 2013 05:49

Nick: Thank you! I am thrilled with my progress. Just playing with players that are on the competitive level its so amazing to watch and learn. You gotta know how it feels.... Im just gonna keep throwing hard, and keep progressing. Thanks for getting my feet back on the ground.

Hopefully this will be a good week for progress. My friend Turner is in from Florida so... shoulder logging a lot of hrs. And planning on going to see Anton in kzoo tomorrow. I did miss session in Detroit with Zach ( again) but shredding by myself for a bit was good. Then a random guy asked to get in and i gave him a bit of the basic knowledge that i have. And of course i would throw some tricks that i dot normally hit and hits them. And found out that if throw butterfly before i try to ripwalk i land it way more often. And it was like that when i started doing symp mirage, if i did a mirage followed by symp mirage completion was more often. So.... and I am only guessing that the butterfly is like "preloading" me for a better set?? Im not gonna argue either success. The other guys was just shocked, and I wish i wasn't cause playing out of it would have been more impressive than catching it and jumping like a little kid....

Just out of reach:
torque
motion
barfly/superbly ( any tips for double dexs)

eat.sleep.SHRED!!

mac42
Hack Fiend

Post by mac42 » 03 Sep 2013 07:15

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIpdxSFa1sc[/youtube]

just fooling around the other day

mac42
Hack Fiend

Post by mac42 » 11 Jan 2014 07:34

Oh its been awhile.

Last week i just about forfeited footbag, crumbling attempting ps whirl. No bueno.

And today is my first jam. And im hosting. So much feelings. *crosses fingers* lets just hope this is really fun and entertaining enough for people to come back .

On the plus side messing up my foot is giving me a chance to balance out my both sided-Ness. So here's looking at the glass half full

mac42
Hack Fiend

Post by mac42 » 23 Mar 2014 14:47

Ok ok. Ive been slacking.

mac42
Hack Fiend

Post by mac42 » 13 May 2014 11:50

Tricks are falling in to play. Spent lots of time working on clippers and osis and its showing. They are still my main focus. Flip clip and osis are just slightly off. I think I need to spot longer than I feel comfortable. But it always lands on my heel more than in the sweet spot.

Other focuses flip pixie, atomic bs, quantum bs

New development s I have hit drifter twice, atomsmasher, legeater, atomic same down

Newest proud moment butterfly>near pu> symp mirage bsos x2

All for now
I'll try to be more dedicated to recording

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 13 May 2014 21:30

Sick BSOS link dude. Hit me up if you want any advice on anything. I might be able to illuminate the path for you a bit.

Keep it up man. I'll be tending to my side of our deal once I take this week off from shred and my legs are fresh again
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

mac42
Hack Fiend

Post by mac42 » 16 May 2014 18:32

More atomsmashers today!! They feel amazing should have some video soon nick.
And gonna start working out that level 1
Problem areas
Toe kicks
Inside stalls
Rakes
Jams ( whatever that is)
Pincher
Neck stalls
What is swap?

Was thinking about atomic links this morning. I think I'll be able to do atomic same out op mirage. If that's a thing... Just a thought cause atomic same down is so simple for me. Just a thought.

My tilt is still so damn weak its frustrating. Solo sessions seem to be very good for me thpugh. It almost doubles my contacts.... Sooooo.... Performance anxiety? Idk...

I did get a new pair of old school lavers. So happy!!! No more split soles..

Brandon Turner has been in town so not as much practice as general playing. But after tomorrow back to Rosa for solo sessions. Maybe I'll start setting my phone up for video... I'll have to clear some space on my SD card.

Flip atomic has gotten better almost enough to start getting some secondary components. Flip pixie is developing a Lil slower. Buuuuut I think some shuffling might be developing soon......

Anyways small Michigan get together tomorrow. Should be some fun before work.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 16 May 2014 23:34

Nice stuff. I think swap is where you cross your feet and drop the bag from one onto the other

mac42
Hack Fiend

Post by mac42 » 18 Aug 2014 09:26

Sorry so long.

Been taking a very wax on wax off kung fu type of approach lately. More of a combo off lings I have been told through this last year of focus on the basics, keep with tricks that are at my level, and when attempting something new, don't beat it out of yourself til you hit it. More play with it a bit and let it go and try again next sesh. Truthfully, some tricks just happen. But unfortunately I have been on a once or twice a week shred. And that's not cutting it. But the lines are getting dense.

PrunusAberration
Shredaholic

Post by PrunusAberration » 18 Aug 2014 11:30

Where in Michigan are you from? I grew up there. Also, I support the flip side training. Since coming back, that's all I have been working on.

mac42
Hack Fiend

Post by mac42 » 31 Jul 2015 12:15

sorry i need to be on here way more often!!

gonna start to do a post a week. im such a bad procrastinator probabply going to be clos3r to everyother.

Im from Grand Rapids.

Mark​, thank you!!! hit paradon yesterday and today. your help got me there. should be play worthy soon. Blurriest??? isnt going to be far away.

new shoes are doing awesome. way lighter, noticably. the sole is my favorite part they are super thin and flexable. roll off isnt that bad. and i feel like its only helping to make all the catches more solid.

i did some how pull something in my ankle and foot not that its painful just a bit tight. links still short but continually getting denser. best line this week smear>dimwalk>near leg>plo>plo>dim > osis

more updates to come