1974, year of the Curtain

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
MetZelRio
Fearless

Re: Video Blog ~MetZelRio~

Post by MetZelRio » 06 Aug 2015 02:09

I'm transitioning into a guiltless player now. Most of the contacts I do now are are bails to BOPs rather than LIMPs. Every once in a while now I still bail to far legover or near/far pickup but I'm slowly breaking myself of that. I have had 3 terrible sessions in a row so I think I'm about to have a good one. Today's highlight I had a mostly guiltless string with Revup, Blur, PLO, and BOPs with other 3's like ducking clipper, spinning clipper. This stuff takes practice. Intentionally learning how to go to butter after a toe contact, osis and PDX mirage/illusion from a clipper contact. I still consider drifter to be very difficult, along with Atomic set. But man oh man, I have osis bs pretty well, oh yeah, and zooms. I really am transitioning into guiltless. It's actually happening. Someday I may become an open level player. Maybe.

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 06 Aug 2015 06:20

Blur, revup, and plo in one string, that's what I'm talkin about! I see open in your future!

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 07 Aug 2015 05:13

there's no rush to go guiltless, using 2 adds to keep longer runs will give you better learning curve then forcing yourself to only do 3's. There is no shame in doing 2's
Mathieu Gauthier

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 07 Aug 2015 05:28

I'm with Mathieu. If you can do Tiltless with an occasional 3 ADD with flawless form and nice style, I'd rather watch you play than most fearless players.
If you never sacrifice good form for faster progress, you'll never have to 'fix' your style. I've been trying to fix my style for half a year and it's an uphill battle, you don't even know how to begin and the improvement comes very very slowly.

Once our sport matures enough and we start placing well executed Drifters ahead of bad Nemesis, you'll be at the top. (Yes, I do actually live in a magical fairy land - in Prague these days, no one gives you props unless you've done something cool with an XL bag and completely flawlessly) 8)
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

MetZelRio
Fearless

Post by MetZelRio » 08 Aug 2015 07:28

BRANDON TURNER VISITS ASHEVILLE!!

Hopefully I'll have a video of him doing 800 Billion Flapper stalls like he does

MetZelRio
Fearless

Re: The Turner Visitation Video ~MetZelRio~

Post by MetZelRio » 15 Aug 2015 12:11

I had 2 days worth of really good, consistent, slow and controlled footbagging.

My pattern is usually, have about 3-5 or more bad sessions, then have a good one.

two is really good. hopefully I'll decrease the bad and increase the good.

I got me some new china lavers about a day before everyone realized they were released, but I got mine on ebay. some guy sold em for 20 bucks plus shipping, so still a good deal. white green. modded them today. had my good sesh in them. super slippery surface though... WHICH BRINGS ME TO A NICE POINT. I have osis bs SO WELL AND STALLED that I can do them multiple BSOS in slippery surfaced shoes. I still want the slippery surface to be less sticky though, GRRRRR...

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 16 Aug 2015 06:55

A temporary slippery clipper area is going to make your game stronger 8)

Vojta

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 16 Aug 2015 11:45

So happy to see you loving Osis. Its probably my favorite component. Just takes an annoying amount of practice.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 16 Aug 2015 19:09

In response to the video: Oh, snap!!! :twisted:
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

MetZelRio
Fearless

Post by MetZelRio » 17 Aug 2015 21:23

I've played very well for 4 days in a row now. Maybe I've leveled up again? I had a cool run today:

Osis > Pdx Mirage > ss clipper > rpt > osis > pdx illusion > ss clipper > Rpt > Shred midstring "Paul, You're a monster!"

That was fun!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

MetZelRio
Fearless

Re: ~MetZelRio~ GTG is inspiring better shred

Post by MetZelRio » 18 Aug 2015 08:17

Make it 5 days now, and I'm impressing myself with how few drops I'm doing, like hardly ever. And it's not like I'm doing LIMP. it's a mixture of tiltless/guiltless shred with BOPS and in control, I have to say, this current state of my game is the best I've ever been at footbag to date. It feels unreal. I'm so happy!

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 18 Aug 2015 08:32

MetZelRio
Fearless

Post by MetZelRio » 19 Aug 2015 13:36

Word up Ken, because today makes six and EVEN BETTER. I have a new standard of shred now. my highlight that made me come write this is:

(spinning clipper>osis>osis>Pdx mirage) to shred > RPT to eventual handcatch for beautiful feeling seal.

Some other things I did was:

ducking pdx illusion to guiltless/tiltless shred
Osis to ducking paradox mirage G/T shred
Tons of BOP based strings substituting butterz for legover, osis for near pickup. Things are Happening. Again, I'm so happy, I used to be so frustrated and mad every sesh. I Haven't felt that way in a while, this is GOOOOOOOOD.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 19 Aug 2015 21:55

Props man! Sounds awesome!

You should film!

MetZelRio
Fearless

Post by MetZelRio » 21 Aug 2015 14:12

Seven days of great shred makes one week.

Day Eight's Cool Comboz of our Livez:

Drifter > Ducking Clipper > DLO BS (felt so good bruzzz)

I learned how to control my blinks better. Set up straight, S l o w l y bring the rev swirl around the front and just aim for the toe stall. With this technique it's difficult to virtually crack a home run out of the park with the bag. I can't remember for sure, but I think I got:

Osis > Blink BSOS > Shred.

Also worked on Near Swirl > Ducking clipper. Got it BS, not BSOS.

Guiltless shred is basically like this now: Doing BOPs with Ducking/Diving and Spinning Clippers and if I HAVE to go to tiltless to get it back into control to go back to guiltless. Sometimes throwing in a Ripwalk or Stepping Far Legover or Blink or PLO. I guess that's what I'm comfortable with now. Generally speaking my strings are still much longer and controlled. Sorry to say I got really frustrated today at Drifter. I want to be able to shred like the guys in GRAND THEFT GRAVITY... coming soon to a home theater near you.

MetZelRio
Fearless

Post by MetZelRio » 22 Aug 2015 20:00

9 days of my new standard of shred. I feel like I'm actually good at this sport now. Probably won't be long until i feel like guiltless shred isn't good, and I'm not worthy of being considered good. That has it's good and bad aspects. Happy birthday to me.

What did I hit today?

Osis > ducking clipper > infinity > Rpt was super controlled

Dimwalk > blink > shred

Osis > osis > ducking clipper > ducking clipper> something, I'm tired now.

Goodnight.

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 23 Aug 2015 00:14

Guiltless is always good. Tripless is kinda boring anyway, it usually means no toe tricks (unless your name is Derek) :)

Happy birthday, sir!

Vojta

MetZelRio
Fearless

Post by MetZelRio » 23 Aug 2015 08:28

Thank you Asmus and Vojta, I'll film again someday. I usually only do that for LOTW and visitors and special projects now. It's funny, it used to be, playing footbag = filming footbag. Not anymore. I guess I like to see me hit tricks, but I don't like to see me. I'm so big. Not your typical bodied footbag player.

But today is day ten of new standard of shred.

20 contacts of BOP

Drifter BSOS 2nd attempt

Flip osis > ducking paradox mirage > Shred several times as I was practicing that link. Perhaps I ought to do Ducking Pdx mirage > Paradon > Blender for my first 4>4>4

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 24 Aug 2015 08:54

The fact that you can even think about a first 444 right now is epic. But take it from me, don't worry about a first 444. I don't even know what mine was. ADDs are whack. That is a good Sick 3 though. Just make sure you got it on both sides.

Old you would crap himself twice if he saw what you're hitting right now. Osis> Ducking is a really useful concept to be able to control.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman