Detroit David's Footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re: Detroit David's Footblog

Post by C-Fan » 05 Oct 2014 15:00

Welcome back! Play with Anton more...I think that could push you both a lot.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 05 Oct 2014 21:53

David...

I will be in your neck of the woods for New Years Jam. I really want to shred with you so I hope you continue playing!!!!! Something that I found useful for drilling is take a trick that repeats on both sides and just keep setting your record for that trick... Infinity, Osis. Ducking Clipper, Gyro Clipper, ss Mirage, etc... That shit can really kick your game in the ass.

Keep it going man. Stoked to meet you finally.

Also, I agree with Ken. Play with Anton and Zach as much as you can. If you play with Guiltless players often, their game will just start to rub off on you and you will learn so much. Get Torrey to come out to some Anton/Zach sessions with you too.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Vraidave
Shredaholic

Post by Vraidave » 07 Oct 2014 10:15

Torrey has been to a few, but he can't make it out to NYJ, he'll be in basic training then. I wish he could, I'm so glad he's still into it.

As for me, I don't think I'll stop, like... ever. I have too many pairs of unused Lavers :p I love the game, I just can't practice as much anymore. I still kick with Zach and Anton on a fairly frequent basis. Can't wait to meet all the folk at NYJ!

Also Nick, I texted the number you gave me, but I'm not sure it's right. The only response I've gotten is "homo say what" and no confirmation that it's you. Pretty funny, either way, but I would like to make sure I have the right number!

Hit some new stuff during my last session with Zach and Anton. Main highlights were pixie muted far clipper to whirl on my strong side, and infinity to whirl strong side. I footed infinity to whirl flipside, and footed it BSOS, but never landed that last whirl. I also finally hit a combo Zach issued a couple sessions ago, which was whirl-near mirage-near clip-rpt.

Still practicing, getting better. It's a party

Update: turns out I typed Nick's number in wrong. woops...
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" ~Isaac Newton

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 07 Oct 2014 11:09

Hahaha I was going to say! I never texted you that first thing. But you did get it right the second time... Because we just had a little text party [PARTY POPPER]
Nick Polini

Funblog

Vraidave
Shredaholic

Post by Vraidave » 16 Oct 2014 04:21

Yesterdays solo session was solid as solid gets. I shredded hard, drilled what i need to drill, and even got zach to send me a request. So i hit DLO-Eggbeater for him. I also hit dimwalk-whirl-dlo (sick three!) I wrapped the sission up by nailin infinity to whirl rpt like i was trying in the last session.

If all goes according to plan today, session with zach, torrey, anton, and maybe adam, so I'll update if anything cool happens.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" ~Isaac Newton

Vraidave
Shredaholic

Post by Vraidave » 17 Oct 2014 06:08

Session with Zach, Anton, and Torrey yesterday was amazing.

After a bit of warmup, I went for that Sick three I mentioned above (Dimwalk-Whirl-DLO) and landed it like immediately. Then I decided to throw smog. Never hit that before, I've barely ever kicked it away from me before. Yet, first try, BAM, smog. Then I strung out of it. It was incredible. I got props, then I got more props (some of them may have been force props but whatever.) A while later into our session, I tried throwing pixie far whirl. And after a couple tries, I landed it. Then Torrey said he missed it so I said "I did this," and landed it AGAIN! like, on command! Then at the end of the session, I hit my sick three again, this time much more tired, but it was a good way to end the session.

Aside from my highlights, there was a lot of fun going on. I decided beforehand to write up several requests for each of them, so it added a layer to the session. Next time you have a session with friends, I suggest doing that. Made for a lot of fun, and I got to see some cool stuff. That's all, gonna keep training for the New Years Jam, which everyone should come to. Have a good day everybody.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 03 Nov 2014 03:47

Happy birthday!

Vraidave
Shredaholic

Post by Vraidave » 03 Nov 2014 11:46

Thanks Asmus!

Haven't posted in a while, because I haven't hit much new stuff, just training for NYJ, drilling consistency, working on osis and infinity. But mostly just consistency.

That's all.

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 04 Nov 2014 18:38

Birthday?! What!? Happy belated birthday! You have the same birthday as my brother :)

akprice
Shredaholic

Post by akprice » 06 Jan 2015 05:53

glad to finally meet you at the jam. congratulations for winning intermediate circle. wow... first competition and you win. not too shabby! remember what nick said... keep those shoulders back and that should help out a ton.
Aaron Price
No reason why extreme cardio should be boring. -Salem Straub

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Cass » 06 Jan 2015 06:26

Hey kid! Congrats again on taking intermediate circle! The fact that you are so willing to take advice from more advanced players and apply it to your own game will take you far in this sport. Clearly it is already paying off!

Keep shredding and I will see you soon!

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 09 Jan 2015 14:39

Stop being so good at Pixie's, you are stealing my thunder ;). You should totally release a video sometime, cause we didn't get too much shred in together, and I'd really like to be more familiar with your level. Way to carry on the torch for Michigan, you not from Detroit, guy.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 12 Jan 2015 19:46

Major props on first place in intermediate circle. That's so cool. And if you don't make a video by Jamps, and you come to Jamps, and you allow me, I will make a video for you. I will bring my camera, film you, edit you, and make you a video. It must be done! You made a great first step with that short one on FB, but I'm talking big. Like YouTube, world class, corporate promotion!

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 12 Jan 2015 20:23

Been away from 'fied for a bit. Really sick to finally meet you, dude. Hope to see you at PSU Jamps in April. I also would have liked to shred with you more. But you wore a cool shirt with birds on it, so you deserved to win. Anyway, DEFINITELY see you at Jamps, because now you have to go.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Vraidave
Shredaholic

Post by Vraidave » 26 Jan 2015 19:45

Thanks everyone! I know It's a delayed response but it was great meeting all of you too. I'm so honored to have won that comp, and it was so much fun.

Anyways, just got pixie Bronze,
getting better at Osis
Understanding ducking.
Hit Nallegam for the first time today, first fairy trick.
Good long session

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 27 Jan 2015 04:12

Vraidave wrote:Thanks everyone! I know It's a delayed response but it was great meeting all of you too. I'm so honored to have won that comp, and it was so much fun.

Anyways, just got pixie Bronze,
getting better at Osis
Understanding ducking.
Hit Nallegam for the first time today, first fairy trick.
Good long session
Nallegam, Fairy Pickup?
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 29 Jan 2015 22:27

Nallegam is Fairy ss Pickup.. It's a fun trick because it's "Magellan" spelled backwards. Mind blown.

Dave, you're entering some Fairy fun territory there. Hope they treat you better than they treat me :P
Nick Polini

Funblog

Vraidave
Shredaholic

Post by Vraidave » 02 Mar 2015 10:08

Sorry I haven't been posting very much. I have had some cool highlights lately I've just been abandoning modified like everyone else :( it's okay baby I'm back.

I've been working my osis game lately and finally got my record to five. With that crossed off my white board now I'm working towards hitting ten. I've also crossed pixie bronze and a pixie drill off my white board with one run (Magellan > smear > plo rpt. ). Just the other day I hit a white board drill on my strong side (pixie near osis > whirl > DLO) and I crossed whirling rake (strong side) off my board. Gotta keep training my flip side rake. Still working towards a few goals and drills but over all I've been improving tremendously, largely from advice from nick Polini. I haven't been able to kick much with Zach and anton because of school and work, but Polini will ask me to send clips and he gives me the best advice he can over the phone. easily deserves the prize he won at NYJ.

Aside from actual kicking, I've also taken up stitching which is exciting. I'm still learning, but improving with every bag. Here's bag one through three (I'm working on four now)

Loving Footbag more and more each day.