Danny Boi'$ FootblG

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
boyle
Post Master General

Re: Dan's Footblog: In Search of the Rare Dankasaurus Rex

Post by boyle » 07 Mar 2016 00:47

Did I recommend Alexisonfire? One of my all time favourite bands. I have also done a routine to them (to the song Accidents). I also have a lostprophets routine that I did in the past, but maybe that's best not mentioned...

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 09 Mar 2016 17:06

Boyle: Nah, we had a convo about em a pretty long time ago along with that Midnight Oil song Dead Heart that they did a cover of. Alexisonfire is a great band for sure though.
----
Weather was fucking nasty today so played outside the library for about an hour. Form felt pretty good but I didn't have much energy in me. Few highlights:
:arrow: Mirage > SS Mirage rpt op for 30 contacts total
:arrow: Legover > SS Legover rpt op for 26 contacts total
:arrow: Butterfly > SS Butterfly > Paradox Illusion BSOS

Haven't been listening to a lot of wub wub in recent days. Mostly been listening to BMTH / Suicide Silence radio on Pandora. Few heavier songs: ---
More chill type songs:
-Daniel C. NY, USA. "Sacrifice a goat to our Lord and Savior Evan Gatesman".

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 10 Mar 2016 19:52

Stoked I inspired ya, especially a 1 AM sesh. Something that may help is trying to set closer to yourself. You want the bag out at just past knee length, at most. Prime spot is aiming where the tip of your wood would be. Unless you're hung as fuck, then don't mind that. It'll make life mad dandy. Your dex motion is there, keep doing whatcha doin'.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 12 Mar 2016 17:53

Derek: Thanks for the tips yo.I'll have to remember that steez for my next sesh.
----

Hey fam. Been a minute. Had two sessions since my last post (one on Thursday that was ~30 mins and today for an hour and a half). Thursday I just did a few of Polini/Ianek's challenges from the Facebook group, but today I was able to do a bit more and film some stuff as well. So here's some highlights from my shred sesh today (NSFW - small amount of strong language towards the beginning): Took some inspiration from Ken and added some free YT musik onto the video. Neat stuff. New pushup record is 50/min, can hold a plank for 2 mins now.

Random mix of songs to listen to: First two are more pop-y, third is, well, deadmau5. Fourth is more classically influenced, last is some interesting mixes of heavier genres of metal. Fun fact: the drummer for CKY is Jess Margera, Bam's older brother, so that's interesting I guess.

Peace 4 now yo.

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 14 Mar 2016 21:52

Hey friends. Played some dankbag solo today (I guess technically yesterday but what the fuck ever, on Monday) for an hour. Started out with normal warm up drills and then practiced new concepts like Osis and Ducking. Small highlights:

Illusion Ss illusion rpt for 11 contacts total
Clipper Ss clipper rpt for 14 contacts total
Ducking clipper > paradox mirage from right clips

Polini says I should just focus and hone in on clipper shit the next few months. I'm inclined to agree with em. Kemdawgjohnson has been like MIA the past couple weeks. Haven't had a sesh with him for a lil while.

Least I'm keeping up with a good amount of solo drilling to make up for it. I played 4 out 7 days last week and I feel like that's a good ratio to have. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday seems like a good mix of pushing my game but still allowing for a few rest days to recuperate.

I like the direction I am headed in footbag wise. With Spring really coming up shit is about to get good. Fucking look out.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 15 Mar 2016 02:38

chuck the ducking and pdx mirage together for a ducking pdx mirage, that's a cool trick. Same with diving. Just practice your duckings as well for a while, good trick to get good at.

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 16 Mar 2016 06:07

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dank.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 16 Mar 2016 21:47

Ayy footbag fam. Yo Boylez, Ducking Pdx Mirage is p much my dream trick atm. Still need to get more consistent with the reg set to toe first I think though and Ducking Clipper b2b. Yea man that's the goal though. Sup Hoagzie, cheers mate.

Had a pretty shitty ass sesh today. Managed to play for an hour with relatively low stamina / energy. Tried filming for the camera but just ended up getting frustrated and discouraged from continuing shortly after that. Got a couple okay clips which I'll save until I have enough for an actual full length video. Really didn't have much direction in this one, just tried freestyle stringing and a couple links. Highlights (barbeQue sauce):
:arrow: Butterfly > Infinity > Near Illusion
:arrow: Butterfly > Far Legover > SS Mirage > SS Butterfly > Paradox Mirage

Ended up not even doing warm down drills or anything just because I was so annoyed. Realized halfway through my shower that I also forgot to do any sort of stretching after as well. Not dank sesh overall but what can ya do ya know? You win some you lose some I guess.

Talked with a dude that I see around campus a lot that was working out in the same room for a bit. I told him a bit about the sport and how my teacher (<3 u Kemino bby) basically coached me for a couple years to get where I'm at now. He seemed to really get how much effort / sweat was put into getting good so that was nice to have someone actually notice footbag beyond the standard "sick hack bro" type of comment.

So today's lesson is all about humility and patience I guess. Look at the negative side of shit all the time and you're setting yourself up for failure/ disappointment. I'm just glad I got off my ass to play today (infinitely better than not playing I think) and had a nice interaction with someone while shredding. So yea, shit sucks sometimes, but learn to paint that shit gold and sell it as authentic golden camel feces to some person for hundreds of dollars I think is the morale of the story. I don't fucking know, I ain't no bard. Here's some music: Sorted by genre.
Peace out.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 17 Mar 2016 00:58

Ducking legover is a good one too. It's not as hard as ducking pdx mirage. It's true about looking on the positive side, and why not sell your rubbish on to some other sucker!

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 21 Mar 2016 18:55

Boyle: Ducking legover seems somewhat more doable than pdx mirage, I'll have to give it a go in my next sesh.

----

Hello friends, haven't played since Wednesday unfortunately. Meant to play over the weekend but didn't. Life happens I guess. W/e, played today for a strong hour and a half, drilling mainly Clippers/ Clipper related stuff. Some highlizzies:
:arrow: SS Clipper x15 right, x13 left
:arrow: Infinity x5
:arrow: Clipper > SS Clipper > Opposite Clipper > SS Clipper > Infinity > Paradox Mirage BSOS

After my sesh I went upstairs to the track area (I was at my school gym) and did some pushups/plank shit. Not much progress on that front, still at around 50 pushups / min and 2 min planks. Ran a mile in Lavers as well, probably not a great idea. Footbag > Running.

Clippers are starting to feel a bit more controlled. Really want to even out my Clipper stuff up to snuff w/ toe shit before continuing on with newer concepts. I don't know really. Haven't played with Matt in a few weeks, I guess he's been feeling kinda unmotivated to play recently. Sad face.

Had a nice Dungeons and Dragons sesh with a few mates over the weekend. The setting is like old school Japan with mad Asian influences and shit created by my roomie Jack. Meanwhile my character is a hefty, overweight dwarf crafter by the name of Bob Barker. For those who don't know much about D&D, it's kinda like a turn based RPG with a Dungeon Master who controls the plot and usually creates a story and setting to go along with it. So I'm that fucking asshole that actively tries to ruin fucking everything and mess up whenever possible to the detriment of the rest of the group.

SO ANYWAYS we're at this fucking old guy's house getting some ancient scroll or some shit for a government official I guess. Everyone else goes inside while I exclaim loudly that I want to stay outside with the giant beaver Momo that our group adopted. So eventually some official ass fucking soldiers stroll in and and threaten our group to try to get the scroll. Eventually shit goes down and our whole group gets shit rolls and this one soldier is about to fuck up our ranger (my friend AJ). I scream that I charge inside and hit the last crippled soldier on the head with my crafting hammer. I must have rolled a fucking 5 billion or something cuz I rush inside and cave this soldier's skull instantly. So the DM (Jack) says such and goes on to explain that I say some witty one liner after the fact. The whole group wants to know what it is so I say "Bet cha didn't see that coming!" *Face palm*. Everyone bursts out laughing, good shit. Fun times were had.

In other news, I got my first Magic deck a few days ago and have been playing some of my friends in my hallway.
I guess there's like a Magic club on campus or something so I might go to that in a couple weeks after Easter break. Yugioh is still top priority in terms of card games for now but we'll see how that unfolds.

Here's some musiKz for yall. Was on a weird Indie-ish binge for a couple days so there's some of that plus some other shit: Genres in order are Indie/alternative shit, FUCKING WUB WUB, and post-hardcore and I don't even know what to call BMTH nowadays. Good stuff though.

Peace n LOVE yo.

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 24 Mar 2016 10:21

Always nice to pick up new bands. Have you heard 'True Friends Stab You in the Front' by BMTH? I bought their first CD and I don't really know what they're doing these days but every now and then they make a song I like. :)

Also Intro Packs are really overpriced, I bought one too, but you can easily make a much better deck for $5. At least they throw in a couple of boosters.
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 12 Apr 2016 16:24

Vojta: Bands are good, I like bands. I have, I didn't really like that song that much but some of the other songs on the album are good. I was initially just looking to buy a standard intro type deck and just play with friend w/ that, but now I'm considered getting more into it. Seems to be a lot more Magic followers than Yugioh so I would probably have less of a problem finding people to play with.

----

Ay fam, it's been a while, like 3 weeks or something? Fucking crazy ass academia shit was fucking my ass for a solid 2 week stretch. Senior thesis is mostly done now though so I can kinda relax for a second. Good weather is coming up this weekend / next week so gonna get back into the shred now. Matt and I had a sesh like a week or two ago other than that I been a lazy fuck. Played today though, some highlights from Matt sesh / shred today:
:arrow: Illusion > SS Illusion rpt op x2
:arrow: Butterfly > Paradox Mirage rpt op x3
:arrow: Ducking Clipper BS
:arrow: Ducking Legover Right, almost had it left but had to pack shit up

Mainly just did warm-up drills, DLO practice, n Ducking shit. Made good progress on Ducking, I think I'm gonna focus/ hone in on that shit for the time being in terms of sets, maybe add in pixie or something.

Played for a good hour n a half, woulda gone on for longer but my right foot was getting mad janky, just from all the attempted Ducking sets I think. Had to eat food anyways.

Feeling pretty good about where I am footbag-wise atm and that I can only improve from here. The foundation is set now I gotta build the house feel me? I ain't no boy wonder like Vasek and I'll likely never be World Champ, but I can see myself being like good good in a few more years of hard work. And footbag is important to me so I'd like to commit time to making that shit happen from now on. Pretty sure the average footbagger age is something like 24-25 from what I've experienced thus far so I still got a couple more years of developing to do.
---- (End of footbag shit)----

Got to present my senior project at a Sociology Symposium last Saturday. Had a few hiccups with Apple technology conflicting with my Microsoft PP, but eventually just got it to work through Google Slides. As far as the presentation went, it was pretty good. Had one major stuttering block answering a part of a question but that's all that really sticks out in my mind as being really bad.

That night my friends and I watch Alien (1979) as I had never seen it before. Starting taking swigs of Fireball until we relocated to our friend's townhouse to play a Drake and Josh Drinking Game. You can probably guess where this is going but AFTER THAT we went to another friend's townhouse and lit shit up with more Fireball and dancing. Long story short, vomited several times Sunday morning and was unable to physically take a shower until 1 PM. So yea, bad fucking shit. Always take drugs in moderation boys n girls.

Had a much more fully pleasurable experience with alcohol going out for my friend Gabe's brithday. Hit up 2 local places that offer birthday special shit, including a massive fucking tea cup of beer n a dank ass large cup of margarita. So we all had fun downing that shit together. There was this ass DJ at Bombers who randomly inserted his own name into every song he failed to remix. His only redeeming performance was a decent remix of Sandstorm. So that was weird.

I made a couple new MS Paint creations, here's one of em:

Here's some shit I been fucking grooving to recently: Sesh 2morrow. Expect more highlizzies. Peace, love, n fam fam.

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 13 Apr 2016 21:15

Hey peoples, as promised I had a session today for about an hour and a half. Originally wanted to practice ducking more but it kinda just evolved into a free for all. Highlizites:

Toe Ss clipper Ss clipper near legover
butterfly paradox mirage bsos

Clipper op clipper near pickup butterfly near legover bsos

Legover Ss leg over rpt op x5

Pretty much had the gym to myself as it was kinda late. Played some dank wub wub while shredding. Here's a sample.

[youtube]https://youtube.com/watch?v=gFUnHUdx3Ow[/youtube]

Sesh tomorrow prolly if my legs aren't too sore. Stay cool.

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 14 Apr 2016 20:43

Sup peepz. Sesh today for 4/14, mainly just practiced PRs for different shit. Didn't make much progress except on Clippers a bit. Highlights:
:arrow:Butterfly > Paradox Mirage rpt op x3 (again, shooting for 4 or more in the next few days)
:arrow:SS Clipper x18 left, x17 right (need to hit 20 BS soon)
:arrow:Mirage x25 right (could prolly hit 40+ if I felt like it, doesn't really matter though)
Expect some fucking footage this weekend. Gonna shred til I die with this 70 degree weather. GO HAM OR GO HOME FAM.

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 16 Apr 2016 20:33

4/16
Butterfly far pickup Ss legover Ss mirage
Ducking clipper paradox mirage
More ducking clipper

Today was perfect. Quite literally unable to type things right now on my phone or laptop because technology is broken. Peace.

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 27 Apr 2016 14:37

Sup noobs. It's been a minute or two. Only got a couple more weeks of academia so shit has been fucking hectic. My last sesh was Thursday last week 4/21. Now that I actually have a functioning USB keyboard again, I'd like to talk a bit about what's been going fucking down recently. So Jamps fell on a pretty unfortunate weekend for me because 1) I had a family type gathering to go to on Friday, and 2) that weekend was Sienafest, which is basically just a weekend of turning the fuck up, there's mad events and concert shit going on so yea.

Had to pick one or the other and went with chilling with fam/college friends. Tough choice. Hope everyone who went had a fucking blast though, it certainly looked like a good showing from what I saw on the Facebook group.

So yea, last Friday I went to Albany to see my cousin play at a open mic coffee shop type of deal. He's a younger kid (prolly like ~18) with musical experience going back since like basically birth. So he's got mad potential I think, his guitar playing / instrumental stuff is really on point for where's he at right now. Played a few original songs and some songs off of Dream Theater's newer album. Got to hang with him after the show and chill for a bit which was cool cuz we hadn't really done that in a while. Also got to see some relatives I hadn't seen in a while too so cool night overall.

Saturday was filled with mad fucking Kan Jam and general disk / frisbee tossing. My friend Dylan and I fucking decimated for a good 5 rounds, with our first victory coming after I slotted the frisbee on the very first turn lol. After dinner and shit happened we all turn up and chill at various townhouses around campus. My friend AJ and I go outside to beam disks at each other at the closest distance possible for as long as possible. Surprisingly good at throwing/ catching frisbees while slightly inebriated.

Sunday consisted of more disc tossing and later on a paint party / DJ event which was chill. Since I wanted to get into it I gave my glasses and phone to my friend AJ who then dipped when I came back. He gave my shit to another friend Mike who gave that shit back to me. Phone: Check. Glasses: Fuck where are they. Go on a 20 minute mission trying to find AJ only to meet up with other friends who know where he is. Eventually my roommate Jack goes through my bag and finds my glasses in my fucking bag the whole time. Oops.

Shit since then has just been mad work / essay writing BS. Been chilling with this girl recently from one of my Poly Sci classes. She seems pretty chill, dunno if there's mutual attraction but I'm probably gonna ask her on a date in the next couple days. Hopefully that works out but if not oh well I graduate in like 3 weeks anyways.

But yea, FUCKING FOOTBAG. Haven't done that since last Thursday I been so busy. I will play for sure tomorrow after my Euro test. More this weekend as well. But since I don't like writing blog posts without any footbag highlights, here's some from Thursday's sesh:
:arrow: Butterfly > Ducking Clipper
:arrow: Ducking Clipper > Ducking Clipper
:arrow: Illusion > SS Illusion rpt op x2.5 (10 contacts)

Here's a recent MS Paint creation. Not much to say about this one, just spur of the moment streaming that ill consciousness:

I leave you with mad diverse ass genres of musikz: I told Kemmer if he didn't do a blog post in the next week I would break into his house and steal all the laces off his Lavers. So expect that shit and fill his blog with nasty comments if he doesn't deliver.

Peace till tomorrow fam.

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 27 Apr 2016 17:17

Missed you and your peanut butter crackers at Jamps! :'( I trust that your weekend was turnt waaaay up, though.

Good luck with the girl, man! (But if she ain't about the hackey, just walk away... jk.... maybe)

Lastly, I LOVE that you're doing ducking clipper and soooo many illusions. I want to kick with you! Hopefully we can meet up sometime this year.
Ryan Morris

PSU crew, ECFU, Michigan Footbag, and counting.

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 28 Apr 2016 16:10

Tried to just hit a couple decent links for my sesh today. Few highlights:
:arrow: Butterfly > SS Butterfly > Paradox Mirage rpt op x2 (12 contacts)
:arrow: Butterfly > Near Mirage > Illusion > Butterfly > Paradox Mirage BSOS

Newest creation:

Hype ass song. Peace.

AdAstra
Multidex Master

Post by AdAstra » 28 Apr 2016 16:20

DC Clinks wrote:
Tried to just hit a couple decent links for my sesh today. Few highlights:
:arrow: Butterfly > SS Butterfly > Paradox Mirage rpt op x2 (12 contacts)
:arrow: Butterfly > Near Mirage > Illusion > Butterfly > Paradox Mirage BSOS
Nice strings. How about seeing a far butterfly > Pdx mirage > ss butterfly > near mirage link?
Austin
Lexington, KY, USA, Pale Blue Dot

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 06 May 2016 12:02

@Austin:Here's your link yo, sorry it took so long lol. Been mad busy for the past couple weeks.
@Ryan: Missed you too man, hope you guys fucking ripped it up at PSU. The girl situation did not work out, oh well. We're still talking as friends so all is chill. Thanks for the compliments yo, Illusions n Ducking are slowly improving. Dunno when my next jam will be.
----
Hey peepz. It's been like a week or so? Maybe more. Been on the fucking academic grind for the past few weeks, presented my senior thesis on Tuesday, it went pretty well I guess as I got a 90 for the presentation aspect of the class. I now have one 3-4 page paper separating me from graduation, pretty insane fucking shit.

Played today for about an hour though, felt nice to lace up the Lavers again after all this stressful shit. Here are some highlights from it that not seen in the video:
:arrow:
:arrow: Butterfly > SS Butterfly > Paradox Illusion
:arrow: Clipper > SS Clipper rpt op x3 (12 contacts)
:arrow: Illusion > SS Illusions rpt op x3 (12 contacts)
:arrow: More fucking Ducking Clippers. These are starting to feel a lot more natural, not consistent yet but I'm really hyped to have these and related Ducking be a normal part of my game in the near future.

In terms of music, I've been fucking everywhere recently. Here's a dump of various genres: (Thanks to Derek for the last one)

Peaceskiez yo.