Chris Tristano

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Re: Chris Tristano

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 07 Aug 2015 05:38

If we can get Matt to say "God Dammit", it's a good day.

Stoked to finally meet you this weekend, Chris!

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 09 Aug 2015 22:40

Back in the footbag game finally. Yee! I have had three sessions since doc gave me the OK. I am just trying to get back to where I was. So pretty much I have been doing a lot of clippers and other basic ish.

I went to the Nyfa jam Saturday at Central Park. It was a blast. Met a lot of good folk and some gnarly shredders. Except for Kristof, he made me feel like shit the following morning (too much liquor, what a scumbag :wink: ).

Good vibes all around though. Definitely inspired to try some new things and get the freestyle flow going again.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 09 Aug 2015 23:02

Great to hear you are back in the game. That is excellent news.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

krustykrakk
BSOS Beast

Post by krustykrakk » 13 Aug 2015 12:08

foots and bags. pies only come to those who wait...
Benjamin J. Babyak

I kick, therefore I am.

Did ya look at it?

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 04 Sep 2015 15:51

Alright footbag. I think I am back.

I've been kicking with Dr. boatz infrequently at best. about once a week. To my surprise, many of my tricks have improved on my strong side. On the flipside, not so much. Actually I have felt much of my flip deteriorate. This sucks cause flipside takes so much more work. Hopefully I'll get it right back.

Some Highlights from the last few sessions:

:arrow: flipside blender
:arrow: 34x ATW
:arrow: clipper>double pickup
:arrow: pardons feeling much stronger
:arrow: terrage (is that how it's spelt?)
:arrow: diving clipper BS
:arrow: paradox whirl
:arrow: fairy ss whirl (wtf) (first fairy move)
:arrow: swirls on the strong side are coming along

I've been focusing more on freestyle than drilling. It is actually quite refreshing getting away from the drill mentality. It is so easy to fall into a drill when 'free-styling'.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 04 Sep 2015 18:38

Great to hear you're right back into it. Those are some good tricks. All the whirl stuff is great.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 05 Sep 2015 07:57

At first I read"My flipside is deteriorating", and I thought, "Oh no..." Then I read your first highlight: "Flipside Blender" "Fuck it, this dude is fine" lol Great job on Flip Blender. The other highlights were great, but I'm biased because I'm such a Blendersman. Sick highlights. Glad you're back.

Forgetting about your strong side for a few weeks can really be great for your game. Just doing flipside tricks and links that whole time can really even your game out.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 05 Sep 2015 12:37

Well actually my flip blender is weird cause it's my strong clipper side. And actually my strong dyno is the same side as my flip blender so idk if I should actually be using flip terminology for any of these lol. When it comes to clipper tricks my left foot dex/stall is usually the strong except for whirl tricks. Weird!

34 ATW on strong is new for me and on my flip I went back to 16ish and the sets are not as consistent. Before, I was pretty even. So it's not as bad as I made it sound.

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 13 Sep 2015 19:01

Want to post some shred highlights from ecfc before I forget:

:arrow: 3x swirl
:arrow: spinning ducking clipper
:arrow: stepping illusion bsos (first time ever trying it)
:arrow: pixie illusion flipside
:arrow: atom smasher
:arrow: pheonix !!!
:arrow: whirling swirl (yee)

Gonna get my swirls tight so I can get that ripstein. Got so close today. Felt I played well today. Just need some consistency work and Ill be happy.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 16 Sep 2015 20:31

Is that stepping illusion as in blizzard, like blur with illusion, or stepping ss illusion? good stuff either way. Sounds like you are really on the improve...whirling swirl is awesome, good stuff on atomsmasher too. How are the shins going?

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 17 Sep 2015 06:40

you da man, mang. that quest to find 40's at 1 am was one of the best parts of the jam for sure.

whirling swirl aw yeah!
Kevin Hogan

BSC

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 17 Sep 2015 15:46

Boyle: Blizzard, for sure. Shins are a little weird but they are definitely feeling better. I think my legs on a whole a very weak so I need to build them back up stronger than they were before.

Hogan: actually it was 12:50 am...c'mon dude you know you can't by alcohol in New York for one whole hour out of the whole week.

That was hilarious though.

Short post work session. Nearly doubled my old ss clipper record. Also messed around with symple swirls which I can not do. But I still rocked the whirling swirl. It really doesn't make much sense too me why I can't do the one component by I can do both. Eh whatever :D

:arrow: 48x ss clipper
:arrow: 28x ss clipper flip

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 18 Sep 2015 19:35

My first drill day in a while. I did a lot of kicking. Kicking is probably the weakest part of my game. Also went for consecutives in alot of things to see where I'm at. Definitely some slack there. Once I get my endurance back I should be good.

Footed ripstein afterwards. Nice feeling. Really felt the two components of it. I Pretty much was working on the swirling set. I think they'll come once I get them.

Whirl swirls -https://instagram.com/p/7yhIkrhvIE/

Also landed flipside paradon.

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 25 Sep 2015 16:01

Wow what a session...

Dave hit me up to kick but I didn't have my shoes with me so I decided to go barefoot (in socks). I was actually much better than the previous session we had this week which turned out to be a kind of dud for me. Obviously my pixies were on. I actually was getting them too high to duck on my strong side. Clippers were better than I was to expect. 7x ss clippers on each side (not bad).

New Tricks:

:arrow: pendulous paradox rake?
:arrow: rev up BS (yee)
:arrow: RIPSTEIN!!!!????!! (Dream Trick!)
-First time I hit it I fumbled the hand catch but later on in the session I had a solid hand catch. I'm curious if I'll be able to hit it with shoes. I freakiin hope so.

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 26 Sep 2015 06:50

Homie's swirl game is blowing up!

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 06 Oct 2015 22:04

Yee

Had a session with Dave today at the track. Here's some highlights.

:arrow: 3x spinning clipper
:arrow: whirling ss x body rake
:arrow: ripstein with shoes
:arrow: whirl > swirl > whirl
:arrow: whirl > reverse whirl > whirl bs
:arrow: whirl > swirl flip
:arrow: string with spinning legover, whirls, bunch of swirls and a blender

Dave was footing muted pixe ss dyno. It is a saucy ass move.

Here's a datw and a ripsteezy with no shoes https://instagram.com/p/8dtKGCBvGg/?tak ... tisgodlike

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 12 Oct 2015 17:06

Kicked with nyfa on saturday with Dave, Bruce and Bijon (is that how you spell it?) in Washington Square Park. It really was perfect weather for footbag. Warm sun with a cool crisp air, mmmmmm can't beat it. :D

I was particularly taken by Bijon's style. I usually see people freeze and they do it a little longer then I like because it seems that it almost stops the flow of the string. Bijon had the perfect control time where it just looked like a super deep stall. I tried emulate his control by the end of the session. I noticed that I dropped less on easier tricks and wasn't falling all over the place. But it does require more energy.

I know I landed some new stuff but I am not sure if I can remember. Landed Ripstein 3x this session out of ~ 25 tries. 2 of the times were with my Nikes which have a horrific clipper surface.

I had some nice strings. I like strings.

:arrow: swirl>spinning legover
:arrow: ducking clipper>spinning legover
:arrow: Ripstein > string > footed ripstein
:arrow: mid string blender
:arrow: twirl

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 21 Oct 2015 19:35

Solo sesh today:

:arrow: swirl>reverse swirl BS

badge 2 stuff:
:arrow: far legover > toe osis x4
:arrow: far pickup > ss butterfly x4

Highlight from nyfa sesh on sat:

:arrow: whirl > reverse whirl > swirl

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 02 Dec 2015 01:59

I have kicked maybe twice this month. This daylights savings thing is killing my kick. Dave and I need to find a good indoor location for shredding this winter. I still haven't had a winter break for footbag :wink:

I kicked with dave the other day. It was damn cold.

:arrow: swirling ss x body rake
:arrow: reverse whirling swirl

My flip clipper just can't seem to catch up no matter how much I try to stretch it out and use it. I don't think big tricks will ever happen on that side. But I'll keep trying 8)

On an other note, I have been struggling with hand, wrist and forearm pain. This could either be carpal tunnel syndrome or psoriatic arthritis. I am currently stuck in between health insurance companies (another one went bankrupt, go figure) so I can't just go to a rheumatologist unless I want to pay out of pocket. But according to what I have been reading, there is nothing you can do for psoriatic arthritis anyways. So I've been looking into some deitary solutions and braces. Hopefully I'll find some luck here.

I am also moving out into a studio apartment this week. I love you mother, but I need to move out..again :wink:

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 02 Dec 2015 17:26

I think I'm going to modify my shoe with some silicon so maybe I can start clippering on one side. Does anyone have any info on this? Is it cheating?