Muffinman

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
ninjo
Fearless

Re: Muffinman

Post by ninjo » 05 Dec 2012 18:50

damn dude yur on a tear!
get some:)

whats boulderbeater and toga?
Hard work never fails.
Organics,Poop,Laugh,Smile,Peace,Water,Dream,Share.
Lotus>Gyro Blender>Mobius.
BananaPeanutButterHoneyRaisinCinnamon
http://www.footbag.org/gallery/showset/luvids
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01l-kAi_ ... t_received

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 05 Dec 2012 18:57

Thanks Luis :)
Boulderbeater is quantum eggbeater and toga is quantum double legover (toga = toe fog)

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 05 Dec 2012 18:58

your highlights have been especially good lately erik. boulder beater>hand>boulder is sick. maybe try b2b if your feelin' ballsy?

good luck on the full pixie egg drill. i'll keep reading.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 06 Dec 2012 14:14

Thanks Kevin.
Yeah, I dunno about boulderbeater x2, but I was thinking of trying either boulderbeater or toga > smear repeat. Toga might be easier for me since my DLOs are a lot stronger. Also I'm thinking once I finish this last cataloguing paper that I'll try all of this barefoot stuff again on video. Part of me hates that I can't watch back all the neat things I've hit.

Anyway. Haven't had a mini barefoot session since that last one, but the new Fourkast concerns me. I've put in 100+ (probably hundreds of) hours into my video uploading, converting, and cataloguing... it's currently not on the new website. I don't know if Red's still going to reintegrate all of my work or not (he said there's still stuff to be reintegrated)... but if he doesn't... well.. fuck me. I kind of want to migrate everything to .org anyway for its permanence... If everything is lost that might give me the opportunity to talk to Steve about it and maybe implement a better means of cataloguing. I'm doing my Masters in Library and Information Science at the moment, so this is really my bag. I want to do this comprehensively, and a means to catalogue beyond simple, inconsistent uncontrolled vocabulary like social media tags is important for this to work effectively.
Pray that my work hasn't been lost.

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 06 Dec 2012 21:20

I happened to go to the Fourkast website before Red posted it was updated. The first thing I did was click on videos, then was in panic that most were missing. I hope they are not lost
zach jahner

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 14 Dec 2012 16:08

I borrowed a digital converter from the library I work at for the holidays, so I'm gonna... bring it home to Winnipeg to capture some VHS tapes? Turns out I need a VCR, so gotta take the tapes back to my parents' anyway. So hopefully I can get some more classic tapes online... but I'll def wait to see what's up with Fourkast first... pretty sucky that Red didn't contact me ahead of time to give me a heads-up...

Anyway, just had an end-of-term session for the first time. Barefoot, but hit.. at least one new thing? 8 flip smogs. Only 5 good side... kinda weird (although both are definitely personal records). I also tried for eggbeater x3 > ss x3 [repeat] drill, but got confused and have no idea what I actually hit... I also got a bunch of that previous stuff on video like I said. The smog > pixie ss drill, footed the pigbeater one painfully close.. like it was THERE and I just didn't stall -- totally perfect control too. Man. I didn't even bother trying after that one. Got toga both sides, bladerunner both sides.. couldn't get boulderbeater -- knees started feeling a bit weak. Got flurry > smog > pigbeater both sides. Not sure how clean was flurry... Also got blurry reaper both sides.. video died as I was trying to get a better shot on one side, so one of them kinda flies off, but still hit. Also the pigbeater > atom smasher drill... I think that's it? Gonna video that up now.

EDIT:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcRAjHJWzqg[/youtube]

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 23 Dec 2012 10:47

Wow, intense toe action!

So are you going to be able to make it to the January thing? If not, we should make an effort to get a separate session going over the holidays.
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 26 Dec 2012 02:28

Thanks Adam :)
Yeah, I hope to make it to Johnny's jam. I've committed to working the Friday, and I'd like to chill before my first day of school on the Monday, so... oh wait! I don't have school on Mondays!! I have 5 day weekends this term. Holy. Hahaha. Well, I guess I can stay as late as I want after I'm off work on the Friday. I'll work until about 3 and see when buses leave after that, how long it would take to get home or straight to the depot from campus, etc. Sounds good. Yeah, so I have 2 classes on Wednesdays, 1 class and then work on Thursdays, and a distance course... So. Yeah. Badass.

Hacky
On the hack front, barefoot has given me a bad dependency on no shoes to dex. I jammed with Manna a few days ago. I have no sense of time over Christmas. I'm home and just don't have nearly enough time for everything -- it's been jam-packed with awesome. But at some point we jammed and we were both super rusty. He hadn't played since Canada Day (July 1) and I hadn't in a couple months aside from my intermittent barefoot between non-stop schoolwork. I managed a lot of blurriests mostly. I had a run with fusion BSOS, dropped BSOSing blurriest same run. I dunno.. Not much really. Obviously since I didn't even bother to turn on the camera. I think Manna maybe had some ripsteins BSOS? He was happy with not missing a single nuclear trick. He BSOSed some stuff like matadors, barfries, pdx taps, etc. His swirls are glorious.

Joulukalenteri (I didn't spell check this, so definitely congratulate me if I got it right!!)
As for the Christmas Calendar: huge props to Aleksi for all the work and all the players, filmers, and editors. I made it a point to comment on every single one beyond just "Thanks" or "Great." I don't post videos outside of my blog or Facebook anymore because it sucks shit to get no recognition or appreciation for the work that goes into it. In generall I try to comment on every video in the videos forum unless maybe I'm not too keen on the video for some reason or maybe I'm just plain lazy that day? I;ve watched every Christmas Calendar video so far, but won't have time to comment on the last few until I'm home on Friday -- maybe while we sit in the airport if we can even get wifi this time. Juho was a great way to end it.

Board Games
In Christmas news, it's just been great chilling with my older brother and his girlfriend, my parents and grandma, and my best friend whom I haven't seen in a couple of years. Actually I just haven't been back to Winnipeg in a few years. I'm on a big card and board games kick. I've always liked board games, but only really discovered what's really out there with a visit to a cafe in Toronto called "Snakes and Lattes." It's amazing. So all I want for Christmas is games. I got a few, which is awesome. My girlfriend got me one called The Adventurers; my parents got me Carcassonne, which I've played for years, but only on my phone and my brothers' copies; my older brother also got me The Adventures, due to miscommunication, but ended up giving me an expansion kinda thing; he also got me Fluxx: space something edition? I was first introduced to this game by Rory Dawson at Hackrifice 10 -- super fun and I've had the Monty Python edition for a few years, but people always complain that you need to be familiar with Monty Python. This new edition doesn't require any previous knowledge base, but is a lot more complex (which is fun!) And I also plan to buy a few for myself with some Christmas money: at least Flower Fall and Magic: The Gathering starter pack (which I've maybe only played once or half a time ever...) Also, I bought my brother Arkham Horror (expensive!), and he also got Constantinopolis and Small World, which we're hoping to play before Jenn and I go home in a couple days. Also we played Ticket To Ride, which was really fun and my first time.

Dark Souls
I'm also super stoked to play more Dark Souls when I get home with a week-ish to relax from holiday hecticity. I beat the game, but, okay, here's the thing. I love the game so much. I beat it, minus the final boss, so I can go back and 100% as much as possible before finishing and starting a second play-through. The thing about this "series" is that after completion you keep all of your equipment and stats on second play-through, and although the enemies get tougher also, it's just really fun and satisfying to move further toward 100% (takes like at least 5 play-throughs to 100% Dark Souls), to learn more about the lore, and to just own with your amazing stuffs. I decided that I would download and install the DLC before I beat the final boss. After hours of frustration, it turned out that I was sold a PAL copy of the game, and can really only REASONABLY download NTSC DLC, even though the console itself is region-free. After research, I decided that either I would not play the DLC (so sad!), or I would find a used copy of the game in NTSC and continue with no issues. One concern I had though was if my PAL saved data didn't carry over to the NTSC game. Well, I found a cheap used copy (awesome!), and voiced my concerns to the store guy, confirming that I could return if it didn't work... I got home and it didn't... After impatience and love for the game, I decided, hardcore, that I would just replay the game from scratch, losing my level-90 guy that took me, probably 100 hours to create, and get to that point again where I can start a second play-through. I haven't had much of a chance to play, but it's super fun, and I can see myself playing through another few times to at least 100% it. Amazing game.

Also, sorry. It's super late, and I couldn't sleep, so I'm on a sleeping pill that might be causing me to write a lot more than I otherwise would have. I also might not make sense. And I'm writing in the dark beside my sleeping girlfriend at 4:30 AM...

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 31 Dec 2012 03:12

I've been freestyling for half of my life

PoisonTaffy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by PoisonTaffy » 31 Dec 2012 05:21

How do you react do this realization?
"Childhood is short, immaturity is forever"

Roy Klein

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 31 Dec 2012 07:20

flurry>pixie dlo>pixie egg was absolutely awesome. great stuff....
as far as freestyling half your life.......next year will be more than half.....keep pushing!
SHRED HARD!

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 01 Jan 2013 00:10

Thanks guys :)
Not sure what I think about half of my life. Kinda neat I guess, since it will "always" be more than half now. I didn't realize until I signed up on the new new Modified. Also, I'm old :|
Anyway, happy new year everyone. After some other people's posts, I was hoping to get in a final 2012 session, especially since I want to get my game partially back before the Brantford jam at Johnny's, but no dice. I spent the night at a classmate's with some friends playing games for hours. It was really fun. We spent probably half of that time starting a new Dark Souls character from scratch and taking turns. Lots of fun :) We missed the countdown by 20 seconds because we were so engrossed in Jenga. Wild librarian parties, I know.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 03 Jan 2013 12:34

Muffinman wrote:I've been freestyling for half of my life
That's a very cool post.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 06 Jan 2013 19:14

Thanks Ken.
Well, I just got back from the jam at Johnny's house.
It was a lot of fun. Footbag-wise, I played a lot better than I was expecting with some really good runs. I did lots of reverse maelstroms and reverse whirlwinds midstring, unplanned. The only specific highlight that I remember was blurriest X5 rolling off my foot first try. I had a weird muscle pull or something that prevented me from playing the second day when Jay was present, but I filmed a little bit (not sure if/when I'll have time to edit it). It was mostly of Jay, Johnny, and Adam. The only highlight I remember was Jay hitting nuclear ducking whirl (Dirk?) > nemesis attempt first try. I think all the dexes were there if I remember, just no stall. My camera didn't last too long though because the LCD eats up a lot of battery. Maybe 30 minutes?
The highlight was definitely Bananagrams and the drunken fun of Saturday night, though :)
Also I think Johnny's planning to not only get serious for Worlds (he was playing stellar, but hadn't played in like a year), but to start visiting London to jam with Zach and me semi-regularly, which should be AMAZZZINNG. Tentatively 2 weeks from now.

Unfortunately I'm not sure if I can make Worlds yet or not, since my program has mandatory attendance (kicked out of the program if you miss 2 classes) and that's RIGHT during the last week of projects due before I have another MONTH off... such terrible timing D: I'll see what I can do about that and try to talk to the right people to try to make this possible. Still kicking myself for missing 2004.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 07 Jan 2013 01:29

Muffinman wrote:Also I think Johnny's planning to not only get serious for Worlds (he was playing stellar, but hadn't played in like a year).
Best news in a while!

Blurriest * almost 5 is hardcore! Props! I watch all your vids by the way and enjoy them, I am just as bad as everyone else at commenting.

Hope to see you somewhere in the world this summer!

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 09 Jan 2013 19:43

Well... I never got a reply to either of my emails or my Facebook messages to Red. And Fourkast is still lacking video. So. Fuck that?

Johnny's coming on Saturday to jam in addition to next Saturday still, I believe. So, looking forward to that. Expect video at some point. No reply yet from the program manager in regard to Worlds and school...

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 10 Jan 2013 13:16

You should make a slow motion video of johnny to r-kellys "the worlds greatest" :D
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 11 Jan 2013 01:15

Sporatical_Distractions wrote:You should make a slow motion video of johnny to r-kellys "the worlds greatest" :D
Hahahaha! If I ever get some Johnny footage I will do that!

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 12 Jan 2013 15:35

Fun jam with Johnny and Zach today. Amazing weather. We played outside and I biked to Zach's.
Johnny had some tight hips and I had a repeat of that weird hamstring/tendon pain about halfway through a regular session's duration, unfortunately, since I started out playing quite well. I also remembered that at the Brantford jam I did 40 ripwalks > rev whirlygig attempt at some point.

Today I had.. I'll try to remember some highlights:
-blazing legover (new trick?) and bling blang other side in a run
-a good run with vortex and spinning whip both BSOS, also some more spinning whips and a rev maelstrom
-a run with pdx DLOs, bubbabeaters, both blurriers and blurriests.. and spinning whips? I think spinning whip > gyro whip in there..
-blurriest > blurrier > blurriest > stepping drop (first try)

Not sure what else... I filmed, but Johnny wants to wait a while until he's in prime shape for me to share footage of him. Looking forward to future sessions, but I gotta take care of this weird muscle pain.. gonna lather on the Tiger Balm. Should really be bringing that to sessions..

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 21 Jan 2013 16:23

Blerg.
So my situation for Worlds.
The program manager for my Masters says that they won't grant me blanket approval for the dates (which still aren't finalized as far as I know?) So I will have to ask my individual instructors, but that would be at the beginning of next term when I know what courses I will be taking at that time... So a sucky waiting game.

I'm dying to play hack, but I really want to rest whatever it is that came up those last two sessions that prevented me from playing... Probably best to wait for whenever Johnny visits next, if then.

As far as I know my work with Fourkast is over. So I'm hoping that I can somehow, in future, get this started from scratch on .org. That would have been ideal from the get-go, especially, as I understand it, Red's interest in hack is fleeting, and Fourkast will certainly not be around as long as .org, like Flipsider. I think I will need time to get excited about it again though, in lieu of losing hundreds of hours of work at the drop of a dime.