Muffinman

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Muffinman
the gimp

Re: Muffinman

Post by Muffinman » 06 Aug 2012 11:25

It wasn't my intention to get permission for anything after Aggressive Grounds, but maybe in the future once I've exhausted the archival of all the older videos. My rationale was that the newer videos might still be drawing in revenues in some shape or form. I was especially not going to touch anything on DVD. Where the Ripwalk Ends was originally on VHS, but Eli re-released it along with Aggressive Grounds on a Director's Cut (with commentary) DVD, so that put it out of bounds in my mind (although it was already kind of out of bounds, being a newer production). But maybe in the future. I would have to ask Eli first, because I'd only specifically asked for permission for his videos pre-Aggressive Grounds. I think I'd outlined this whole thing to him.

But now that you've said that I'm gonna go watch the DVD :p
Sunil's section was nuts. I think it was that video, too, that made Eli one of my favourite players. The first time I met Eli, he bussed down from Montreal to meet me, visiting in Toronto, and brought me a Flipsider tshirt as a birthday present ♥

EDIT: Listening to one of my favourite bands (also Finnish, like Nightwish, my favourite) while drawing. So badass.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk5iESM4vgs[/youtube]
I saw them live a few years ago. Unfortunately they were just an opening act for Dragonforce, which was terrible noise that sounded the same every song. They were actually booed too, which was frustrating since I only went to see them. The lead singer was, like, laying on the floor reciting poetry between songs. It was awesome. They sing about vikings sailing to conquer Constantinople. Goosebumps every time!

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 08 Aug 2012 12:24

Muffinman wrote:#7: Feet of Fury (by Ken Somolinos and Mickey Mayer): http://www.fourkast.com/media/videos/ar ... ckey-mayer

I wrote a little blurb under the video about the title. I'm unsure if it's supposed to be "Feet of Fury" (like "Fist of Fury"?), or "Feets of Fury" (like "FeAts of Fury", but with feet?..) The first time I saw the video in, like, 2002 or 2003?, I thought it was "Feet". Maybe Ken can clarify? Here's what I wrote on Fourkast: "I'm a little unsure of the title. The title IN the video itself says "Feet of Fury", and this is what I always thoughtit was called, but I believe it was written as "Feets of Fury" on the spine of the VHS tape. Additionally, it seems that Mickey Mayer's website lists it as "Feets of Fury"... So that's kinda contradictory. http://themouseco.com/Video_16_FeetsofFury.htm"
Oh man...I don't even remember. And I'm pretty sure the title was my idea, so that's kind of sad. I think the concept was to make it like "Fists of Fury" and I thought it would be funny to incorrectly pluralize "feet" as "feets" so it sounded closer. I think I was the only one amused by this, but I'm not sure if that's why it had inconsistent labeling. All I really remember was that we put a lot of time into making the vid, which is weird because it came at a time when I was burnt out on footbag and considering quitting.

Muffinman wrote: . Congrats to Worlds competitors. I'm happy that Aleksi, my favourite player, made bronze :) I'm curious what Ken made. I'm eager to read his blog posts. .
Aleksi did great. Right when routines ended, my gut impression was that any of the dropless routines could end up in any of the podium spots. In other words, I wouldn't have been surprised if Aleksi had won gold...but also wouldn't be surprised if he got bronze either. I haven't rewatched any of the open routines since I got back, so I don't know how accurate my gut appraisal was. As for me, I finished one slot out of finals for both routines and circle. So I guess that'd be tied for 9th in routines, and tied for 5th in circle. More detail on that in my blog when I get around to the write up though.
Muffinman wrote: EDIT 2: Also, it looks like some of my breaks were longer than 30 seconds >___< I guess that goes by a lot faster than it feels in the moment! So am I disqualified? How does that work?
I'll try and post my hackoff this weekend or earlier. I filmed it before Worlds, at a shred with nathan p. We basically alternated turns, so in some cases I had breaks longer than 30 seconds, simply because Nathan did a long string during his turn. I don't really care personally. I think the main thing is that we did it one shot style, and didn't cherry pick runs. I'll try and post it up soon.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 08 Aug 2012 12:30

I uploaded a few larger (file-size) videos the other day. I want to tag them up, but since they're also, on average, 20-30 minutes each, I'm gonna do one per day-ish. I'm also going to go back and check every video I've uploaded to date to get the tags consistent, make sure nothing is missing and everything has working thumbnails, etc. I'm also going to add some keywords that I didn't think to add before, like name of the tournament.. uhh, and that's all I've thought of so far, so if you have any ideas, please help.
Tuukka's Christmas Calendar "Autumn 05"
Freestyle Reality, by Sam Colclough
KICKASS 2, by unknown?? (tags done)
German Champs 07
Gray Chadwick's NYJ 06
SJFF Sickness, by Evan Lovely (tags done) -- GREAT video! Lon and Ricky...
SJFF Bonus, by Evan Lovely
http://www.fourkast.com/media/videos

Dying to play hack, but not sure if it's safe :(
I just want to do spinning clippersss. I might try tomorrow again as my cardio workout. I dunno. Rah.

EDIT: Didn't see your post before, Ken. Yeah, I Googled Fists of Fury, 'cause I thought it was plural, but apparently it's got an alternate title as singular Fist of Fury. Maybe they were just as unclear as you guys :p I agree with the routines. They're all quite close, but I think Milan should have won. I think Aleksi's was better than Honza's too. Honza's was, like, there were times when he was doing tricks fast and there wasn't even music, kinda...

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 09 Aug 2012 10:11

Thanks for uploading the SJFF video. Watched that so much in my teenage room when I just started playing.
Allan looks like he is having so much fun when he is playing. And Ricky was fucking awesome! Such a cool style. Wasn't there recently rumors about him starting again?

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 09 Aug 2012 14:30

Neat. I like hearing stories about how other players started playing :)

I finally had a session today! It was everything I dreamed it would be :)
I've been dreaming of whirling swirls and spinning clippers. Oh it was fun. It was raining outside, so I had to make due with my kind of storage area. Had to move a few things, like the TV, but it was still a really cramped space for a spinning session. I could do single tricks okay, but spinning runs put me in walls and boxes. I had some fun highlights, though:
-double spinning clipper > blurry whip both sides (almost BSOS)
-double spinning clipper > mobius both sides (almost BSOS)
-whirling swirl BSOS
-infinity swirl BSOS
-spinning ducking clipper > spinning ducking butterfly > spinning ducking osis [repeat] (don't think I've ever done this before? And it came so easy. I was kinda surprised I hit it, like, first or second try...)

Maybe not much else, but those felt good. Oh, I put some tries into big apples, and flip felt really doable. I've hit them both before, but only a handful of times. I stopped trying though, 'cause it didn't feel like a good idea for my back. Otherwise my back was okay. Oh, I also hit lizard blurry whip both sides. Haha. Well, I'll make a video and you'll see what that is. I'm not sure how runs were. Because I was filming I ended up wanting to try kinda combos moreso again... The curse of filming. I did a bunch of less significant drills too. I've prolly done them before: diving osis > spinning clipper > ducking osis > spinning clipper [repeat] and also stepping osis > spinning clipper > blurry osis > spinning clipper [repeat].. but I dropped immediately after both drills. Haha. Felt dumb, but still okay.

All in all it just felt good to play. I'm doing some back strengthening now. Actually. This "30-second break" has turned into more of, like, 5 minutes... better get back to it before I'm completely cold. Video later.

rjadamson
Multidex Master

Post by rjadamson » 09 Aug 2012 14:35

I"m really glad to hear your back troubles didn't keep you out of kicking for too long.
-double spinning clipper > mobius both sides (almost BSOS)
Very impressive!

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 09 Aug 2012 18:23

Asmus: From what I understand, Justin's last words on the subject were kind of implying the opposite -- that he might never play again :( Maybe Reilley can give more informed insight though?

Reilley: Thanks :) I kind of feel like the blurry whip one is a lot harder though. It's so much easier to fluke a mobius, but to step out of double spinning clipper takes real precision. I felt good about it! I'd done the combo good side before, but never flip, and I think flip is my good double spinning now, which is kinda weird... As for my back, thanks for the sentiment. I'll wait and see what happens for the next time I try to play, though. I feel okay now, but... I dunno. I seem to be injured half of the time regardless.

The music is by my brother. It's just raw improv where he'll sit down and play whatever comes to his head on the spot. It's from almost a decade ago.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy63Tj_u ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]
It's not showing the video for some reason, so here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy63Tj_u ... e=youtu.be

EDIT: Finished tagging those most recently uploaded videos (not the VHS yet, still only done the one). Now I'm going to go back to the beginning of all of my uploads (473) and ensure that every video is tagged, add tags like city name, event name, etc, but also check for consistency in things like names (Red Husted or Ethan Husted, Jan Weber or Honza Weber, etc), trick abbreviation (spinning DLO or spinning double legover), accuracy of trick names (far swirl, or far symple swirl), and things like that. I realize that probably nobody except me will appreciate or notice this, but it's the OCD librarian in me. It's also frustrating me that I just tagged Paul Cronjaeger and apparently this is the first video in which he's been tagged... but I know I've uploaded videos with him before... Did I just butcher the spelling of his name before?... Cataloguing catastrophes.

EDIT 2: I think I will go through a page or so a day to correct and touch-up tags. That will bring me into school season, so not much time for anything beyond that for quite some time... But then I can continue to add more videos. By then I should also have my VHS collection back and can add some more of those (assuming I get some kind of converting hardware). The Move Nickname List on Modified is a super helpful resource. I use it all the time. But there are some tricks I'm unsure of like Casket and Catacomb -- names that you don't hear used often. Uncommon tricks, really, for that matter (although not super rare). SO for tricks like that I will tag the nickname but also, like, fairy same drifter, or pixie same drifter. I will try to remove all short hands like "DLO" "PDX", etc. and be consistent with that. I think the one exception is that I'll keep "PS" -- saying Paradox Symposium is not only cumbersome but loses the same flavour. Even the Nickname list has its inconsistencies. Some tricks are listed as "pixie same" while others are listed as "pixie ss", so a search is tricky if you aren't persistent. I want to avoid that confusion with my archives. I'm a little worried that Red isn't super into Fourkast as he was initially, so I'm hoping that if he ever drops the website that the archives can be migrated somewhere else more permanent like .org. I think Steve would appreciate the work and effort I've put into this.

It's pretty fun to watch all of these untagged videos and see things I've forgotten. Like this Bevier video I made. Love the track. Also, there was some criticism at the time that I posted it about the seemingly unrelated birthday song clip following the shred. The reason for it was that each of the KICKASS videos were supposed to flow into each other as chapters of a big single DVD video eventually. The final words in the song are "happy birthday", so I thought it was appropriate since KICKASS was like a Tom Mosher birthday jam (which also happened to correspond with my birthday (and Johnny's for that matter, but he wasn't there)). http://www.fourkast.com/media/videos/ar ... ott-bevier

EDIT 3: I was going to make a comment about this. The only other footbag video, I think, that I put to my (older) brother's music was a semi-popular video of me and Johnny (http://www.footbag.org/gallery/show/12579) David Clavens actually messaged me a few weeks back telling me how much he liked the music from that video and how to find out more because he wanted to use it for something (a magic show I assume). Kind of an unexpected out of the blue response from a 6-year-old video. He never really got back to me, but I thought that was interesting to note.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 10 Aug 2012 20:31

Nice shred. I've always loved and been jealous of your ducks. That music was great too! Great seeing your iguana too! Maybe I should try shredding with my hedgehog... ouch!

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 11 Aug 2012 14:53

Haha.
Thanks Tony. My lizard isn't exactly soft and cuddly -- 1-inch talons on every toe... My arms are still scratched up from it :p I cut her toenails beforehand in anticipation too.

Was going to play today but I'm super sore from yesterday's Legs and Back workout, so I'm gonna do X Stretch today and hack tomorrow I hope. Oh it looks like it's raining again anyway. I hope it's more clear tomorrow...

Does anybody want to have a gander at naming some of the tricks in this video?? You can see I tagged a number, and tried to name a few others I was less sure about in the description below... but some of those tricks Jubal was hitting are mind-boggling to me. I have trouble understanding anything out of the mainstream like whizzes and wauxpins and rakey, reverse dex, unusual surface messes of creativity that're beyond me. One trick in particular I'm trying figure out. It looks like it could be blurry paratoxic, but I'm so unsure about that last dex... at 2:16: http://www.fourkast.com/media/videos/ar ... day-office

I also just went and changed the spelling of "Bethlehem" for every Dave video I've uploaded (which is a few pages worth...) And I think I fixed every instance of "DLO" as well as "Vasek" > "Vaclav" and "Honza" > "Jan". I don't know why I chose to use real names, but I'm sticking to it. One thing that I can't control is anything uploaded by another user (anyone can upload to Fourkast by the way...) and frustratingly the very first time that a tag is made by any user, it's that case-sensitivity that is used for any subsequent tags. So if some of the tricks that I tag are capitalized and others aren't it's not my fault! I try to capitalize everything.

EDIT: Did some footbag patching. A whole bunch of tape on one bag and then I had to stitch closed, like, 4 bleedholes on another. Hopefully this will extend their lives a couple more sessions before I repeat the process :p I'm gonna get the most of out these, dammit! I'm still super sore today. Maybe too much to play. But I think I will try some tiltless inside and see how I feel. If I'm too stiff I'll just go for a bike ride instead. Really wanna play though :( Like, my body feels okay, I'm just super stiff from that stupid Legs and Back workout 2 days ago...

A weird note on Polish footbaggers. They don't smile. I think that's common knowledge. Well, that's not true. Some are super friendly like Cod, Damian, Olaf, Wiktor. But, like, all the others don't know how to smile? At Worlds 2010 I was staying with Dave in Steve's house and the rest of the house was Team Poland, with Honza, Milan, and Vasek. Honza's actually a super nice and fun guy, but the Poles just kind of stuck to themselves and I felt really intimidated to hang with them because they look so angry all the time. Rafael is really nice too, but I think he's somewhere in the middle, since he's really nice but doesn't smile as much. That brings me to this one guy whose name I don't remember. He was third place in the Request video that Armin posted. He was living in Toronto for, like, a year or something, and I sessioned with him a few times, but apparently he would only play footbag if Jay was there. He barely even bothered to talk to the rest of us. Really weird. And he was just as smile-challenged, or more, as the rest. I don't know what it is, but sometimes it really ruins that friendly footbag community feel for me.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 12 Aug 2012 16:08

So stiff today still from Friday's Legs and Back workout. Ouch ouch ouch. I was going to try some tiltless to see if I can handle even a light session today. Well it's strange 'cause my legs are what's so sore, but definitely different muscles than what I use for footbag. My inner thighs and my glutes. So some things didn't hurt at all but others did. Pdx blenders didn't seem to bother me, but toe kicks or legovers were killer on my inner thighs. Oh man. So I just had a kind of single trick or combo session that was pretty fun with no pressure or camera.
Highlights:
-spinning symple swirl > hand catch > other side (maybe a new trick on flip?)
-6 reverse swirls on good side (previous record was 3? Maybe 4?)
-4 reverse swirls on bad side (previous record was 2) -- did this a couple times
-2 swirls both sides (I think tied record on good, and beat record of.. 1 on flip)

I also did some things like mobius > pdx blender both sides, spender both sides (figured a trick for flip -- set further from my body), far symple reverse swirl > hand catch > other side, double spinning clippers (I think I will start to do this more!)... it felt like there were a few more things, but I guess not. Maybe some 30-some runs of BOPs with dynos and stuff, but those were the only runs. Too much pain. I managed to play for an hour though! Footbag is so fun I lose track of time. And then I did some good stretching and had a recovery drink to ensure (hopefully) I feel better tomorrow. I think I'll start doing more hip stretches -- maybe that will help my back pain. The frog stretch feels increddiibbllee. I love it. With a little wiggle. Oh man.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 12 Aug 2012 16:17

Muffinman wrote:I think I'll start doing more hip stretches -- maybe that will help my back pain. The frog stretch feels increddiibbllee. I love it. With a little wiggle. Oh man.
Get sexy with it!

rjadamson
Multidex Master

Post by rjadamson » 12 Aug 2012 22:08

I wish every player updated their blog as actively as you did. I've been very good about documenting every single session since I started mine, and for the most part I enjoy it. But spending another hour or two writing after kicking just to satisfy my obsessive compulsive need to record every time I play can be a little taxing.

Erik and Asmus -- I wouldn't hold your guys' collective breath awaiting a return of Ricky. I know he's started playing again a couple times over the years, but we haven't heard anything from him in a while (over a year I believe). Dan Reed is most in the loop, and at this point can't even confirm whether he's alive or not at this point.

Fade2black
Multidex Master

Post by Fade2black » 13 Aug 2012 08:31

I have come to realize that center of the freestyle universe revolves around Erik. If this were the the matrix, he would be a combination of Neo and the Oracle....

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 14 Aug 2012 21:51

Thanks for the response. Yea there's one that I'd love to see again.
Good luck n the back.. I just got back from a sesh with zac miley and cic and back hurt again, after not having played in 2 weeks and it felt fine. it actually feels fine now a few hours later, but i guess i need to strengthen it. I have done superman/birddog? before and my back hurt the next day, maybe i did too many.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 16 Aug 2012 13:49

sen wrote:Get sexy with it!
Like an eagle coming in for a landing. ka-kaw!!

Reilley: Thanks, I'm happy that people actually read and sometimes comment :P Wow, 4 comments from different people since my last post! Actually, Ricky's sister messaged me a few times on YouTube saying a few things about what he was up to at the time (a few years ago). It was kind of weird and out of the blue and it felt a little too private to be telling some random person on the internet. And she was all, like, "lol"ing.

Dale: Haha. Awesome.

Tom: I'll post when I have my VHS tapes back and you can send me your address or something. Or Eric's. Don't you live in Portland now or something? For me Supermans feel amazing. I do more of alternating supermans.. I think it maybe has a different name? Like swimming laying on your stomach.. kind of. And I used to do bird dog and I felt it worked well. It's weird that different footbaggers seem to swear by different back pain exercises. Justin and Jay are using ab stregthening workouts, but those just hurt my back even more. I'm gonna start doing more bridges -- they feel really yummy on my lower back. But if those other two hurt you, bridge might hurt even more?

Hacky
I had a session today.
I felt fine, but after starting up Ab Ripper again, my back is feeling weak. I wanted to do dexes, but I ended up sticking more to spinning and ducking again, which was a good idea. I want to do my core routine later today, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea since I'll do Ab Ripper again tomorrow... My core routine seems more important to me for back health, so I might either do it today and see how I feel tomorrow and just opt out if I feel weak, or.. Yeah.
Anyway, I had one super highlight that kind of, in retrospect, made me go, "Wow. I did that??" Kind of weird, since at the time I wasn't as shocked as I feel now. Haha. I'll try to recap some highlights, though I didn't have too many others, I don't think?
-double spinning clipper > spinning whip BSOS, and spinning ducking clipper > mobius BSOS, and some other stuff
-mobius > pdx blender (rolled off my foot BSOSing?) -- not sure if I've ever BSOSed it before. If I have it was prolly just once?

Yeah, I can't really think of anything else really? I did spinning DLO > paradon BSOS, which is notable since I can't remember the last time I did a spinning DLO. And I just kind of did it without any or many failed attempts. I was trying for both spinning and both gyro > paradons BSOS though, so didn't feel as good as I wanted. I also tried gyro DLO > paradon [repeat], but forget why I gave up on it? And I footed mobius x2 both sides, but then decided for some reason that I would try to one-up and go for mobius > spinning whip [repeat]... hahaha. Kinda failed that one. Double spinning is kinda weird. I feel like I can't really practice it. I guess it's a trick where I kind of have to just do more of them and more often and I'll just get better. But I feel like I just either hit it or not.. Maybe hard to explain. I was gonna go for, like, as many multiple BSOSes of double spinning clipper as I can, but I think I got bored or something. I also tried double spinning osis, but that's a million times harder. For clipper I can just stick out my clipper and catch it almost no matter where it is. I kinda suck at osis.

Anyway. Video later. I'm excited to see that one run! I think I did it, like, first or second try? I was almost more shocked that I got both mobiuses :P

Some non-hack stuff
I got a package in the mail that I wasn't expecting since I never ordered anything. I finally went to pick it up today and when I saw the return address flipped out inside of my head! It was from Timothy Green! @____@ I was 80% not expecting anything. (See previous blog page.) I opened it up and there is a gorgeous sketch and there's even a prelim sketch on the other side that is still amazing. Unfortunately I don't really know the character he drew for me. I was kiinda hoping he would ask what I wanted, but I'm blown away that he actually mailed me a sketch in the first place!! I kinda recognize the character, but I've never read a book with him or anything, or remember his name. I'll scan it later. Oh man. I need to get a frame some time. Gorgeous.

My brother started a new family Minecraft server. Last year during school we rented a house in Toronto with him and his girlfriend, and me and my girlfriend, and his friend. The 4 of us set up a Minecraft server and played all during the school year. So much fun. And so addictive. We don't play PVP. I didn't really know that people did that. After a hack session one day Adam Greenwood went on and on about his PVP experiences on our subway ride. He was sooo into it. It's a completetly different dynamic playing PVP than the way we play. We play with simple ground rules, like, you can't steal other people's things. We just build houses and castles and mines and stuff and have fun. It's a great way to have fun together, especially now that we all live in different parts of the world. My brother and his girlfriend are both doing their PhDs in Minneapolis, my girlfriend and I are in London, my little brother just moved to Hong Kong, and his wife is still in Johor Bahru, Malaysia before she moves to join him in a few months. So we're hoping that my little brother and wife will join, since they're super creative. I had this crazy floating island house last time and an entire floating farm with all my crops and animals each on separately attached floating islands. Then I had an entire railroad system with torches on an enclosed fence the whole way (super far) to prevent zombies and creepers from spawning, which led to a tower that stretched as high as allowed right above a stronghold (with a gorgeous library!)... yeah it was intense. It will be fun to start from scratch with all the new updates that Minecraft has had since our previous server. Anyway, like I said, a super fun way to stay in contact and have a fun chat while living spread across the world.

I thought there was something else I was gonna say but I don't remember. I played the first two episodes of the Walking Dead game. I got it free on PS3, which is the only reason I tried it. But now that I have, I would easily pay the $5 per episode to the end. It is a good game! I was so tense for the entire duration of the second episode especially. Ken, I think you'd really like it. It's way better than the show and although it's a completely different story than the comic (I think the only returning character is Glenn?), it totally stays true to the comic, while I feel that the show is super boring and tries way too hard. Ken knows my thoughts on that. K, enough writing, geez. My girlfriend is finally home again and we're gonna draw some comics tonight :) Maybe Minecraft too, although looking at screens lately has been giving her a lot of nerve pain. She had an EEG at her neurologist a bit ago but hasn't got the results back yet. Apparently she's really susceptible to seizures now though :( I was reading up about seizures to know what to do if she has one (I'm super sketched about her taking subways now...) and saw an article on those Pokemon episodes that put 600 Japanese kids in hospitals. I was telling my girlfriend about the video and she was, like, "I wanna see." And I was, like, "What if you have a seizure?" And then she was, like, "Oh yeah."

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 17 Aug 2012 06:14

I laughed at your polish smiles post.

This is how it worked when I was looking after epileptics. For the first few seizures, go to the hospital immediately and notify the neurologist as well. If they become frequent enough, a treatment plan will be made with the neurologist. For one of my clients, we only had to take him to the hospital if his seizure lasted more than 10 minutes. There are plenty of online resources. Just stay calm if it happens.

edit: http://www.footbag.org/gallery/show/7677
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 19 Aug 2012 17:13

Ha. I remember that.
David made one too! http://www.fourkast.com/media/videos/ar ... rspectives
Yeah, what I read said to not call 911 unless the person stops breathing for too long and to just let her ride it out. My girlfriend showed me some video. I don't remember how to find it. I hope it doesn't happen, but at least I'll be slightly prepared. Like I said I'm mostly concerned about her waiting at a subway and collapsing too close to the tracks or something...

I played today. It was fun. I did some dexes and it felt okay. My back is pretty raw now but I spent about 10 minutes stretching after, and that feels good. I'll do regular upper body tomorrow and then yoga on Tuesday I think. It's way more fun to have replaced the P90X cardio with footbag (and keeping the yoga once a week). I mean I've been playing a lot more than I was when I first started the program. And even before that? I'm also happy that I'm not toast after yesterday's Legs and Back after what happened last week. I feel completely fine today. I was kinda fatigued 'cause I didn't sleep so well and almost didn't feel like playing, but got through it.

Anyway, highlights:
-spinning DLO and gyro DLO BSOS with a "flip" double spinning clipper in the same run (not sure what else)

Actually, I don't really remember what else. I was a little frustrated with some failed BSOSes. Some that I almost got:
-blurriest > bedwetter
-blurry ducking clipper > fog
-fog > double switchover
-bedwetter > butterfly > wet dream > butterfly > bedwetter > butterfly > stepping...
-blurrier > blurriest > blurrier > blurry... (I think I had some other stuff after I bailed? Maybe?)

I had a good run with some hard BSOS (or something) and also had reverse whirlygig BSOS in the same run... I don't remember anything from the session apparently. Yeah I don't know. I guess I'll see later. I never made a video from last time 'cause I didn't have enough clips. I'll just combine stuff and make something today or tomorrow with today's and last time's session. Oh yeah, and an anecdote: I was watching this video from Euros 2009 and the music reminded me of the terrible tracks from Sean Wingert's 90s videos that I posted earlier. Hahahahahaha:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jttfVhZo ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]
(I'm not sure why YouTube embedding has stopped working. Is there something new you have to do with Allan's updates? I noticed that Mark M's latest video didn't appear as well... Anyway, link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jttfVhZo ... e=youtu.be)

EDIT:
Holy ducking clippers Batman... Like 25% of tricks I hit??
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHgfBib--10[/youtube]
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHgfBib--10

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 24 Aug 2012 15:41

Session: ~2 hours?
Bag: Muffinman (warmup with Johnny)
I had a fun session today. I'm playing so much more than I have in years! And I'm definitely at the top of my game now :) It's a little sad that I'm knowingly about to end that trend with my studies :( I'm going to try to play once a week-ish, if possible. I have free gym membership. But graduate studies are going to be a lot more intense and I'm going to be working too. We'll see.
Anyway, it seemed like my camera lasted forever, hence the session seemed to last a lot longer too.
Highlights:
-blaze > atomic whip > hand catch > combo on other side (a rewind!)
-blazing clipper > stepping whip BSOS
-spinning ducking DLO both sides (not new, but maybe at least one side new on video)
-flip fog > eggbeater > same eggbeater > eggbeater > same eggbeater, with other fog and other stuff same run
-something good BSOS (atomic whip > blurriest??), reverse whirlygig > spinning clipper [repeat], and something else same run

I don't remember what else, but I seem to remember hitting a bunch of neat stuff. Some runs, but mostly not. I really suck at a lot of basics like flip pixie and flip stepping and things :( I had one run with a nova mid-run, unexpectedly. I don't know. It seems like I kind of have one really good run every session and that one with the rev whirlygig > spinning clipper one was it, but it's silly that I can't remember the main combo. Haha. It was because the session seemed to last so long that I forgot stuff. I worked on blurriests a bunch. There was one run with maybe 8? I still can't get 4 though. Blurry torques also seemed good, but I tried them at the end of the session when I had no energy for runs. I also did some food processors. BSOS for maybe the second or third time. Oh I did some quantum whips. BSOS prolly. Maybe that was in that one good run? Still trying stepping ducking every session and failing to BSOS. I really want that consistent. Yeah I don't know. Sumo BSOS. I tried some blurry drifters but it hurt my flip hip. Weird that vortex doesn't really hurt. Even void is less than blurry I think...

Anyway. Video maybe later.
Mom visiting from out of town in a few hours so may not session for a while especially with school starting the a few days after she leaves. We'll see. Also stopped P90X. Too busy, but I'm going to try Tony Horton's 10-Minute Trainer (actually more like 15) so I don't get completely out of shape. We'll see how that goes.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 24 Aug 2012 17:29

10 Minute Trainer is nice. It's what I started with, Although I did the 3 at a time schedule so it's hard to say what only 1 at a time would be. I bet for maintainance it would be perfect though.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 24 Aug 2012 18:15

Yeah, I really like his style. I took a peak at Insanity and the guy just doesn't have the same charisma and attention to detail. Anyway, I'm pretty frustrated. I partition my internal harddrive, allotting 100 gigs (more than enough!) for system stuff and the rest (900 on my internal terrabyte drive) for everything else including applications, games, and everything. Every once in a while, though, a program will come along that won't give you an option to NOT install on the C drive (my designated system partition!). So my system partition has filled up somehow, recently, so that I have, like, 8 megs free... Meaning it's going to start fucking things up. I went to put together today's footage and it just wouldn't load the song. And I reaaalllly don't want to go through the frustration of a reformat (although it's always super nice to start fresh). But I guess I"ll have to in the next few days. Bleerrgg. It will suck to have to waste that time during my mom's visit too, but I don't want a crap computer for when school starts. Raahh. (Well, actually I just ordered a really nice new laptop, but I still plan to do everything but taking notes, for the most part, on my desktop.)

The upshoot (did I use that right? I read a textbook once where, I swear, every paragraph started with this phrase) is that I think with YouTube I should be able to just upload a song and it will put it to the video. So at least I won't have to re-export (although I'll want to eventually for my own hard copy of the file...)

What a pain.
Uploading now.
Link soon, assuming my computer doesn't just die.

Oh yeah. Also, it turns out that I did food processor BSOS starting from both sides :) I'll only put one in, 'cause both runs are kinda filler-y, and the one moreso than the other.