Mosher's Footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 07 Jul 2008 19:20

I made it! 100 pages!!

I am the first personal footblog to make it to triple digits! Whee! Is this a good thing or a bad thing? It's something!

I had a great shred with Jay Boychuck today.

He just called me up out of nowhere and next thing I knew I was to be shredding in the afternoon.

I think I played pretty okay, nothing crazy but lots of fun for sure.

Jay is really good! I don't know how long I can hold him off, I think I still have a sliiiight edge on him, mostly in experience with a variety of components, but he is catching up for sure.

And talk about competition, he whooped me in his first time ever playing Racko, this random card game that my sister and I have started playing. We first cracked it out when the internet was down for a day. It felt SO WEIRD to not be able to access the intertubes!

I am glad I am shredding again, it feels great, nothing hurts, I can still rip it up, whee!

Thanks for reading my blog, I appreciate that people care enough about me and my life to want to read the bits that leak out here.

I got a hand written letter in the mail from a girl I really like, how romantic! I am gonna send her a letter and care package, she is up in Algonquin park being a night watchman, as if!

On the topic of Algonquin park, Johnny and I had an idea to organize a camping trip out to Algonquin, it wouldn't be a footbag tourny or even jam, just footbag people going camping together. Why? Because camping and footbag people are both awesome.

On that note, we are throwing another Camp Wakahakee!!!
:D

I am gonna get Jay and Johnny to help me out and it's going to be basically the best. I will likely just do it all the exact same as the first time because it went really well. Though I may give all the prizes to the winner of footbag golf to make people play it with me! haha

Thanks for reading, leave a comment if you have enjoyed reading my blog over the years. It's been quite fun for me! :)
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 07 Jul 2008 19:46

:footbag:

Camilleon
Fearless

Post by Camilleon » 07 Jul 2008 21:13

Jeez Tom, I can't believe you come to the city and DON'T play with us! What the hell? Where were you Tuesday?? And Saturday?? I mean, it's awesome that you're kicking again, but you just seem to care SO much more about spokes than sacks. :roll:

Ok so now that I've SORTA razzed you as you have us (don't worry there's more where that came from)...

I am SO DOWN for Camp Wakahakee! And the Algonquin thing is separate? Either way, I'm in for both. :)

And yeah- I wasn't kidding, come play with me. :P
Camille Surovy
The Footbag Association of Toronto (F.A.T.)

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 09 Jul 2008 08:34

Camille, you had me genuinely razzed! haha

I'm gonna be moving to TO soon, you guys will get way TOO much of me soon, hehe.

Also yeah, me, Jay and Johnny are throwing Camp Wakahakee 2 (this time it's personal).

Oh and we also had another fun idea, we are going to do a camping trip to Algonquin Park! This is NOT a footbag event!!!! This is a camping trip that is attended by footbag people. That isn't to say that there won't be any shred or hack, in fact there will likely be lots, but that is not the point of the trip!

Details to come!
Tom Mosher

abstract
Fearless

Post by abstract » 09 Jul 2008 08:59

grats on your centennial Moechere!

good to have you back in the footbag swing.

come BUSK! i have a fancy straw hat that is both backwardly fashionable & holds copious amount of bills &/or coins.
greg raymond, kingston

FB: Rocker Holliday

"What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy river to save a solid gold baby? Maybe we'll never know." - Jack Handey

Camilleon
Fearless

Post by Camilleon » 09 Jul 2008 09:44

Sweet Tom... What area of the city are you planning to move to?

I can help with Wakahakee if you guys want. When do you think it will be? I spoke to Ianek about it, he suggested Labour Day weekend... it seems like the best time if we want those who are going to World's to attend.
Camille Surovy

jon
Foosebag God

Post by jon » 09 Jul 2008 10:10

I like camping!
Jon's FootBlog
MSN: jon.haber@gmail.com
"It was clean enough to be thin..." - Andrew W.

Paul Agostinelli
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Paul Agostinelli » 09 Jul 2008 10:39

i havent seen it posted yet but funtastics is usually that same weekend, id pick one a little earlier, how many east coasters are going to worlds?
Precisely Mos Eisley

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 16 Jul 2008 10:31

Woo!

I just had a REALLY awesome/important job interview!

I now have a $12,000 racing wheelchair sitting on my bed, haha, sweet!

I would LOVE to get this job, it'd be amazing!

Big party this weekend! WEMF (world electronic music festival) is going down, I am going to dance dance dance and even shred some since there are a number of shredders going, yay!

I still love footbag. :)
Tom Mosher

Pengu
think pink

Post by Pengu » 19 Jul 2008 10:21

Epic.

I miss you lots Tom. Call me soon. I have a lot to tell you.

I guess I should post something footbag related. I've seen a new laver here in China. Will post pics soon folks. I best get to bed now though.
Pengpeng Du

The Rhino
Fearless

Post by The Rhino » 19 Jul 2008 20:03

congrats on the 100 pages. welcome to the club!

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 22 Jul 2008 08:21

What an incredible weekend!

WEMF was really great, amazing music, great atmosphere and too much fun to be had. I'd say the only downside was the junglist toughguy retards, I hate toughguys!!

I met and hit it off with this adorable girl named Uho but the contact info she scrawled on my arm didn't work and she hasn't contacted me. Sigh. I was REALLY blue about this yesterday, but I guess I've now accepted that there's nothing I can do.

I hate girls sometimes!

I went to WEMF with Josh from my footbag club and his girlfriend and one other friend. They had been in the past and thus knew every sweet thing to bring. The most crucial: SHADE STRUCTURE!! Loved it! It kept the sun at bay, the wind mellow and the rain off us, amazing! Oh, and it was right on the edge between tents and the dancing area for one of the main stages so we had an awesome view from it!

We even had multiple shred and hack sessions! Aside from Josh and I, Danny and Sam brought their shred stuff and joined in eagerly. Danny is KILLING it! You can tell he's been practicing alot. His tiltless strings go on forever, and that's awesome, when he eventually steps up to guiltless his foundation will be amazing.

The weekend went by wayyy too fast. I made some great friends though, lots of total randoms and people that happened to be camping next to us.

On our way out of town we headed a little north into Algonquin Park (the festival was JUST south of AP) and sessioned a beach by a big lake. We hung out and I toyed with the idea of swimming but didn't get past my knees until this equivalent group of people from Michigan who were there doing the same thing as us joined us. Eventually me and one of them stepped up and went for a legit swim and wound up staying in for like 20 minutes playing frisbee! That was a real highlight for me, I woulda been sad had I gotten that close to the lake and not gone in, especially after a weekend of sweating, getting dirty and not cleaning, haha.

At various times I saw the security personnel swarming a tent/person, that was always exciting/scary. The best one I saw involved this dude getting surrounded then refusing to take his hands out of his pockets. Eventually this sandwich sized ziploc full of white powder fell out of his shorts and he was in BIG trouble! haha I don't know why but that sight really stuck with me, and even kinda harshed my vibe for a little bit.

Since I've been home I haven't stopped hearing dirty beats in my head, this has motivated me to finally start making some electronic music again. I think this time around it'd be alot more mature and informed because in the however many years since I last made stuff I have listened and learned alot.

I was a little bummed that we were THAT close to Algonquin yet there was no way for me to connect with Rafaela. Have I even talked about her in this blog yet?? haha I'm never really sure what stuff I've put in here and thus it's sometimes hard to tell a story without a trillion tangents explaining stuff I left out before.

Here's Rafaela's story in a nutshell: met her at university, was always intrigued by her but never really had the chance to hang out, randomly saw her walking along in TO this summer, got to hang out with her for 3 AWESOME weeks, then she up and moved to Algonquin to be a nightwatch person because she couldn't find summer work in TO.

SO, we had been having a REALLY great time being friends, she's crazy good fun, LOVES my bike/fixed gears, wants to go exploring with me, la la la, basically it woulda been alot of fun. We've been keeping up as penpals (real letters!) while she's away, but I really would like to see her. So it was particularly crushing finding out basically last minute that this party was JUST south of her and I would have no way to connect with her based on the schedule and stuff. I was probably half an hour from her, crazy!

haha more girl talk! (btw, DL the new Girl Talk album at myspace.com/girltalk it's more addicting than crack!)

Pengpeng and I have been keeping in good contact even though she moved to china! This was REALLY important to me since I have ALOT invested in her as a friend. She knows the most about me of basically anyone alive so she is the best person to come to when I need to discuss a personal sitch that requires that the other person have some life context to base answers off. Also, it was important to me that she be safe and happy and I like getting to check in on her to make sure everything is going well. She's a great girl!

Sigh, girls!

Anyways, time to start my day, lots to get done!

I am halfway done my CAD drawing of the $12,000 spaceship I have still sitting in my room, I am gonna finish it today and send the drawings back to my potential employer so the ball is in his court again.

I really love life, I am excited for the stages of it I have coming up. I get to get a big boy job and make real money! I get to pay off all my debts and start piling up money. Finally, fuck! haha

I could really use a hug or a kind word so don't be shy!
Tom Mosher

Camilleon
Fearless

Post by Camilleon » 22 Jul 2008 08:56

Tom, come to the session on Sunday and I will give you a hug. Or two. Hell, you'll get a shitload of hugs cuz everyone will embrace you! We'll have a big giant group hug!!!

:)
Camille Surovy

jon
Foosebag God

Post by jon » 22 Jul 2008 09:02

Jon's FootBlog
MSN: jon.haber@gmail.com
"It was clean enough to be thin..." - Andrew W.

The Rhino
Fearless

Post by The Rhino » 22 Jul 2008 09:33

Im with you on "sigh, girls"
and "I hate girls sometimes"

...chicks.

Camilleon
Fearless

Post by Camilleon » 23 Jul 2008 09:52

Hmm. I've definitely said, "sigh, girls" and "I hate girls sometimes" (err, most times), but I've definitely said "UGGGGHHHH, MEN!!" far more. :roll:

Hey Tom! Guess what?! I was hackin with some of my friends last night and they were like, "oh there's this guy Tom Mosher--" which I of course interrupted with "Ha! Tom Mosher is my best friend! Well...not really, we have a love-hate relationship, but yeah, I know 'im well." :P

Haha, they know you through mutual friends and from fixie & footbag videos on youtube! We chatted for quite a while about how awesome you are with the fixies & juggling & footbag & anything else you obsess over.

Phil Woollam & Jon Hodd. Ring any bells? They're from Oakville but live here now.
Camille Surovy

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 25 Jul 2008 05:44

I got to have another session with the Tom Mosher! The more time I spend with him the more I realize how badass he truly is. Randomly he called me mid-day while I was out, and without my knowledge I called him after I got back to shred, how weird is that?

Tom and I pushed eachother in various directions the entire session, and it felt so miraculous, for the both of us, to have someone on our level to "compete" against. It is all in light-hearted good shred-fun, but getting to play with Tom is a definite treat.

I hope you can practise a lot while I'm gone in Europe Tom, I REALLY look forward to a Johnny/Jorden/Tom session, you guys are all so extremely nice to me :) Imagine a Stephen Barnes one shot from all four of us, like a rippin run?!!

Tom and I got a full hack out of bsos spinning whirl, first try :) Can you do that with your neighbors grandmother? Doubtful,
Jay Boychuk

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 25 Jul 2008 06:10

Thanks for coming to visit me Jay!

Yah, it was kinda eerie that we both called the other without knowing, but it worked out for the best.

My thighs were a little blasted from my mega unicycle ride yesterday (the longest single ride of my life!!) but once we warmed up I was able to get past the pain.

Like Jay said, we got a full hack of spinning whirl bsos! It was right near the session, I hit spinning whirl bsos and passed off to Jay, he hit it and we gave eachother props, hehe we were just looking for a good note to end the session on.

The session was really good actually, one of my best in a long long time. Basically, I need to get to that 'soaked in sweat' stage for playing to be really fun. At most my footbag club sessions we rarely get to that point because we are so skilled at farting about and being silly.

I think Jay and I both really appreciate having eachother for motivation, to be honest, he's one of the only things pushing me to play these days. But damn, it still feels good to shred!

We both had lots of good strings, though Jay was really killing it sometimes. His Stephen Barnes was like.. epic! At a guess I'd say it was like 45 contacts. Mine didn't suck either, yay!

I want to keep playing hard!

Also, I am pining to go to an event!

Matt Cross ALSO called me randomly yesterday. It was in the middle of his session with Jorden. I was getting all sorts of mind boggling updates as the convo went on like "Oh! Jorden just hit ******* ******** gyro inside!" or "blazing flux!".

I am gonna get the ball rolling on Camp Wakahakee, that was ostensibly the reason Jay came to visit, but we completely forgot to even talk about wakahakee, haha. I should have Johnny come visit to do the same. hehe

I miss footbag people!!!
Tom Mosher

Johnny
Post Master General

Post by Johnny » 26 Jul 2008 08:23

oh btw, wakahakee is in brantford.
Johnny Suderman

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 26 Jul 2008 08:37

wakahakee #2?! when is this happening?! can someone start a thread? hopefully it's not so cold this time...

congrats (i think) on 100 pages!!!!!!!!!
Ben Rea