The Inshredible Bulk: Not Trending, Not Roll Spiking Either

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 22 Aug 2011 17:36

What's your connection to Mu Johnson?

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 22 Aug 2011 20:53

Mu is an old friend of mine that went to school here in Chicago but currently lives and works out in LA. That guy just gushes charisma and is easily the funniest person I know. We used to have tons of fun kicking together. He's the same riot on and off stage/camera. You just never knew what he was going to say. He got back in contact with me almost 2 year ago when shot a Honda commercial with Ryan Mulroney but neither of them were shown doing anything spectacular). In our last conversation he said he wanted to start kicking again so I gave him Big Add Chads contact info.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCi-0zdvI4M[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV33wySoI08[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-Abpo-H8vs[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f3pXT97C08[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6v87IaanQw[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU3G4lkN ... re=related[/youtube]
Zeke

Funny movie titles if the movie were about poop:
Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 07 Sep 2011 05:31

You like people who can jump high and kick. I stumbled across this while looking at dunk vids, and thought you'd like it:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc_s4U7y ... re=related[/youtube]

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 09 Sep 2011 08:11

So that's who that is...

I've seen footage of this guy searching for And1 & street ball highlights back in the day. Amazing athleticism!

I've overextended myself. I've committed to too many projects simultaneously and I apologize for the delays
-CIC shirt design
-Memphicago shirt design
-Audio for footbag Mu's spoof
-Goddamned WCC vid
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 18 Sep 2011 15:45

I've hit the wall again. Nagging knee aches, unproductive practices, non competitive weekend sessions (or in todays case, not playing at all) has just drained my motivation. I need to shake things up to cumbackwithit. I should call Ted to see if he wants to play singles during the week.
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 11 Oct 2011 14:02

Local net sessions the past few weekends have had mixed results.

We just came back from another Memphicago and it was a friggin blast! Fletcher and I had our moments but overall I think we had a strong showing considering it was our first time teaming together for an event. As I watched all the vids that I took it was very apparent that our defense really kept us competitive against the stronger teams of Ben/Walt & Scot/Cory. They had to work to get their points.

This was the first time I had played with Walt since our epic 5-0 run at WCC. We ended up 2-1 for the day, getting our first loss against Cory/Ben. I fell apart during that game and we could not catch up to them. We had one chance to gain some momentum when I went after Ben's overset. I crossed the net and crushed it with a shtataff but net fouled on the way down. Booooooooooo.

Regardless, I personally have quite a few highlights on disc that Im eager to edit together and upload. On a somewhat related note I'm using both my new 24 inch wide screen and the older 19 inch 4:3 monitor to edit photo/video. WOW what a difference it makes to the workflow! Also, my PC is finally running stable with the 6gb (for a total 8gb) of RAM I reinstalled. Woot! I hope to get a few new net vids uploaded within the week.
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 13 Oct 2011 02:20

Window Live Movie Maker is really pissing me off... I'm just glad I got this one finished.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WofXGOlUjf8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QLv84s0yBo[/youtube]
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 28 Oct 2011 09:02

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36EJRlKYv-A[/youtube]

I'm usually gaining weight this time of year from being less active and eating enough for 2 people. Right now I'm down to 147. My hours have changed at work and I don't have the time to cook a big fatty breakfast during the week. By the time I get home I'm too tired to make anything heavy so dinners have been quick and light. I'm drinking more water and trying to cut down on sugar and salt.

Knee is still a bitch though

Not practicing often during the week is really throwing off my game.
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 04 Nov 2011 11:25

Not practicing often during the week is really throwing off my game.
tweaking my knee at practice throws off my game too
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Another case mod to my PC. I cut up the front bezel to improve airflow to the front intake fan. Added a custom grill/air filter to it as well.

IMG_3335 by airzeke, on Flickr

IMG_3341 by airzeke, on Flickr

IMG_3338 by airzeke, on Flickr

IMG_3377 by airzeke, on Flickr

IMG_3344 by airzeke, on Flickr

IMG_3354 by airzeke, on Flickr

DSCI0763 by airzeke, on Flickr

IMG_3380 by airzeke, on Flickr

DSC_0018 by airzeke, on Flickr

IMG_3366 by airzeke, on Flickr

full set here
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 08 Feb 2012 11:49

another mod idea...

add pieces of bacon and jalapenos into my juicy lucy burger
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 09 Feb 2012 01:47

haaaamburger. I was just talking about your burgers today in a conversation on how one should make one's own burgers more oftem after talking abou Kuma's $10-$12 good burgers.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 11 Feb 2012 17:10

Your picture always reminds me of Carlton from Fresh Prince.

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 11 Feb 2012 23:13

Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 15 Feb 2012 23:00

image saved. I know I'll need a carlton dance gif again someday. Dunno how I've gotten along without one to be honest.

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 01 May 2012 11:38

I have come to dislike the word 'trending'

I tried a crossfire setup with my pc with a second used video card that was the exact same model as the first (xfx radeon 5770-znfc) and I could not get the system stable. I ran my pc with just the new card and was having the same problems. Booo. I don't know if its a driver issue or a hardware issue. I don't have the interest or the patience right now to deal with it.

The two video cards running together also ran HOT. My normal set up with one card had the GPU idle temps around 44c and 50c when gaming. I use speedfan to monitor and regulate the temps. With the two cards installed, the bottom card ran about around 52c idle and 57c when gaming. The top card ran a few degrees higher due to the proximity of the video card directly below it. Now speedfan runs all of the fans at about 70-80 percent to manage the heat, which also means the entire case is loud. The second card also rests right over my southbridge which now blazes at 52c, eighteen degrees warmer than when I only have one video card installed!

This is the first time I've tinkered with a dual gpu set up and I'm not sure if its something I'll do in anther build. Granted, I still have a lot to learn about all this. I think I'm leaning towards a quiet and stable build for this particular pc. This may change when diabolo 3 comes out and I need/want more performance without buying a single more powerful graphics card, lolz.

My offense on the net court is still steadily expanding. Due to Fletcher's urging, I have been hitting more sunbacks and pulldowns. My toe reverse and scuff is feeling more comfortable both standing and jumping. My sweep serve is getting more consistent and slowly getting more power. I dont know if I'll ever serve as hard as Walt from Memphis but that is the effect I'm going for. Need to buy more bags for the season.
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 01 May 2012 19:54

I just watched a Resident Evil 6 vid with some commentary by the guys developing it, and the dude said, "we looked at what control systems are trending, and tried to incorporate bla bla."

First of all fuck the word trending. Second of all, be original RE6. I mean, I guess, you gotta know what's out there and works, don't reinvent the wheel maybe, but they brought us legit stuff in RE4 and 5, and all the rest of the main REs. Same reason why all cars look the same now.

anyhways, u da master on those compys now ;-)

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 02 May 2012 08:21

CIC flurry wrote:anyhways, u da master on those compys now ;-)
dunno about all that, but I'm definable a little wiser than back in the day when I thought downloading 'crack_for_all_games' was a good idea!

:oops:

:lol:

One of the roomies showed me a pop-up video style trailer where they show how Leon's play through is going to lean more towards classic survival horror while Chris will be more military shooter. I'm a little skeptical about how thats going to go... cant be any worse that Operation Racoon City...

RE4 controls were a great upgrade from previous games. They gave you just the right amount of freedom of movement. RE5 controls made sense since it was more shooter than survival horror. It did feel a little too easy since ammo was way easier to come by than earlier games. That didint stop me from about a 20 play throughs on 2 different consoles though.

Im looking forward to RE6. I doubt any game will ever live up to RE4, I just need it to be better than Operation Racoon City.
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 03 May 2012 10:41

Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 21 May 2012 07:55

Lots of footbag since Thursday. Ronnie, Marty and I did a 3.5 hr practice Thursday. Played pick-ups at the Just Play Festival out in the burbs then squares & chillaxin' back in the city later in the day. Sunday Aaron joined Marty Ronnie & myself for a 4 hr practice in our first 90+ degree day.

WCC has been pushed back to August which gives me plenty of time to get my shit together. Tommy moved back to Illinois but he's in Peoria with Cory. Scot mentioned that those two might partner up together for WCC. That could be a very scary team.

I'm excited to hear Fletcher & Emily moving closer to us city folk and possibly getting more practice sessions with him. Taking the next couple days off to rest and save the Tom Clancy universe...

I need to get on this shit soon before my joints completely deteriorates
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 02 Jun 2012 21:51

So I did a little research and found that all the temps I had mentioned several posts earlier for my pc components are well within the norm. I then changed my warning temps in speedfan so that little fire icon doesn't show up if Im in the upper fifties/lower sixties celcius. Next I updated to the latest ATI software and my pc seems stable for now. No stalling out, no BSODs.

Toms party was a blast! Dinner afterwards was hilarious. Grant is a pretty funny guy. Damn good start to the weekend :!:
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood