Melbourne Blog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 19 Oct 2006 03:45

Awesome shred with Jamie today, chilled out atmosphere with crazy tricks. We shredded a bit with one of Jamies bag's (the one on the right), that bag totally pwns :D also shredded with the bag on the left (Pete?) which is good also

Jamie hit a super clean blurry grifter for the second time also what he says was his best ducking run ever including ducking clipper>diving clipper>rpt for the first time midrun. Some phat atomic moves and some nice blazing sets too 8O also whirr bsos and blurry whirl >stepping whirl>blurry whirl>drop on stepping whirl

my shred was ok, left leg is kinda sore so I avoided symp and worked right leg datw a lot. Hit datw in-out with all of Jamie's and my bags including one of these:

tatw missed by about 1 cm a few times, I'll hit it in the next few weeks for sure. Drilling pinch set datw has helped heaps, I'm totally pwning that move now and it feels great to do.
Stepping is crap, but slowly improving, hit blurry pincher a few times,
kinda tweaked my knee trying janiwalker :?

New stuff:
heel set eggbeater
flapper>pincher >pinchy legover
pixie> inside kick >legover
plo>magellan>plo>drop on flip magellan

definately forgetting stuff, had too many beers 8)

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 20 Oct 2006 07:35

had a session with Jamie, Scott and Alex today. Great to shred with everyone :D
Alex hit flaming tard for the first time and some good ss symp double downs. Jamie hit atomic symp whirl (beta reactor?) for the first time. Good to see Scott's flip whirl in strings also good to see some pdx whirl being busted out.
Traded bags with Jamie, w00t I now have a good bag :)

new stuff:
lobster> pinch set datw
knee set eggbeater
Pixie ducking legover
plo>magellan>plo
pinchy op clipper
phasing pincher 8)
flip double over down
double over down bsos

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 20 Oct 2006 19:04

had a short session with Jamie at my place, too short, that sucked.
just couldn't hit datw>double over down, datw was really off today :(
not much else to say

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 22 Oct 2006 04:10

barefoot session at home, drilled flip datw and pixie. I'm now using Jamie's bag omfg it is sooooooo goood :D . 20+ contacts of atw in>atw out > pixie >rpt and datw in-out is seriously pwning it up.

new stuff:
flip pinch set datw
datw in > plo bs
datw in > plo > datw in > legover(pixie was "the")
pinch set datw > op pincher > rpt
buttersole
plo > datw in > rpt
magellan>datw in
datw in > magellan
pinch set datw > datw in

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 23 Oct 2006 00:33

The club got affiliated! :D

also did a bit of circle kicking today, I think there are some people interested in playing net.

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 23 Oct 2006 01:38

celebratory shred at home :D
don't remember all that much cause it was on tape, but pixie rev whirl and pdx dlo in socks were highlights and 5x datw in-out to end the session

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 23 Oct 2006 02:36

Sick man. He really does pwn DATW. That bag up there of mine now belongs to Janis... treat it well, and thanks for the dragonhack.

Melbourne was good fun, pity Shrednie couldn't make it out this time. oh well. I may be down in melbourne next weekend as well cause I will have a lot of money to spend this week (after that it's full on into saving so not as much to blow... still a lot more than I have had in the past!!)

Oh yeah, first day today freaking pwned. It was great. The girl training me had me watch 3 or 4 transactions and then handed the reigns over, I was serving the rest of the day. As well as a bunch of other duties we did. Huge learning curve, I was sorta slow mainly because I wasn't that sure I had entered all the information required for each transaction, but I'm getting better at it. Just a bit of an overload today.

Rockin. Will let you know about Melbourne. But I'd like to come down, clothes shopping/cheap cd shopping. And shred, of course. Man, I feel like coming down just to sample the James Squire brewhouse again, damn that shit was goood.

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 23 Oct 2006 03:56

your bag totally pwns, I'm really glad we traded :D
it sure does beat those other crappy bags.

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 25 Oct 2006 00:46

woot, hit 3 new tricks on camera in shoes (i don't think they have been hit before)

will post video soon, might enter one in the online comps, mabye not.

the mfc winter shreds vid is almost done, though there is no music at this stage, suggestions are more than welcome.

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 26 Oct 2006 06:05

Just finished editing my october solo sessions vid :D
it has 3 (possibly 4) trick inventions, I'll post the vid tommorow, so stay tuned.

skankin
Multidex Master

Post by skankin » 26 Oct 2006 11:06

hey guys

Ill totally be in melbourne around january of next year, I cant wait to have my first shred session in the southern hemisphere, this will rock so much.

The australian nationals will be awesome as well, I really want to go there and play as much as I can, Ive been practicing lately.

See you in the southern hemisphere

Jippe the flyin picker

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 27 Oct 2006 03:09

sweet! look forward to seeing you :D

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 27 Oct 2006 04:27

skankin wrote: Ill totally be in melbourne around january of next year, I cant wait to have my first shred session in the southern hemisphere, this will rock so much.
:D :D :D
fantastic, look forward to meeting you.

Today was my last day of uni classes for the year, now it's just one big cram up until exam time. Did a bit of circle kicking today which was good and also tried out the krispy kreme doughnuts, which were unfortunately overpriced.

Also finished editing an October solo shred video, it has 3 trick inventions something I am very happy about.
http://fizzied.phasing.org/october%20so ... 0Janis.wmv

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 28 Oct 2006 03:10

I had a shred with Alex today, was going great until I fucked my foot up :( really annoying, I've been really careful since my knee injury and then this just fucks me up.

Anyway might as well do a write up for the shred. Great vibe, new stuff being hit, Alex was playing awesome footbag he bsosed ripstein for the first time, then did it again a few more times. He hit step duck mirage>pixie duck butterfly bs and barrage>paradon> barfly > repeat. I was having an awesome shred as well, started with 54(?) consec pixies, did some datw's upped my datw in-out record in shoes to 4. Got some head high stepping sets, and quantum was pwning it up. Also hit pixie tap and pixie ducking illusion for the first time. Really close to sailing op mirage. Then fucked my ankle up trying a quantm butterfly or osis or some clipper trick, I really don't remember, anyway iced the foot up afterwards which helped a bit. It hurts to walk :(
Looking at the positive side I'll be getting a lot more study in for my university exams.

dp
Egyptian Footgod

Post by dp » 28 Oct 2006 06:32

Krispy Kreme doughnuts are extremely good!!!!!

Could you post the trick inventions? Or PM me them if you don't want to. I can't download your video.
Danny P.

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 28 Oct 2006 18:19

well I think they are inventions, but I'm not %100 sure if some have been hit before. Pinch set double pixie, pixie whirling front body rake and pincher pixie eggbeater.

foot is feeling a bit better today, but I'll need to take a few weeks off to recover fully

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 30 Oct 2006 04:02

So I went to the physio today, nothing is broken, some muscle is damaged and there is some swelling. I was lucky not have broken my ankle. My already bad crank has just gotten worse :(
meh, I'll be tapeing it up before I play, which will probably reduce crank further. Well it's going to be at least a week before I play again, probably longer. I might switch shoes when I return, the lack of an inside surface is less of a concern now than it was previously.

Scott
Shredalicious

Post by Scott » 30 Oct 2006 15:17

Janis, be careful.... one week is not long enough for even a minor ankle injury to heal.

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 02 Nov 2006 05:42

had my first post injury exercise today, only very light exercise and I taped my ankle up heavily. Taping the ankle the way my physio showed me really helps stabilise the ankle, unfortunately the taping removes crank 100%, so when I make a return to footbag there will be no right clipper for a while as I will be keeping my ankle taped for the first few sessions.

Scott
Shredalicious

Post by Scott » 02 Nov 2006 16:08

ok so I have to take my own advice now....... tried pdx whirl mid run last night and it didn't quite go to plan. To cut the story short I rolled my ankle :x

Janis, maybe we can get group discount at the physio :lol:

It wasn't too bad but will probably want 2 weeks to recover.