Olav

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 09 Feb 2008 03:08

Thanks for replying, always awesome to see someone's interested enough to write few nice words, thanks.

Umm, video? I've been thinking pretty much recently, but rather of making a "pro" shred video. By that I mean using pro camera or... just simply getting all ideas/music before filming. But we still need a good weather (just like now heh), perfect sky and temperature above 15 degrees. Whole thing's gonna be edited by Rozo ( http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=TRiNeXoS0NA http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=ItwUbkXCSME http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=XOh1_Nm2O6g), and I wanna use our beautiful city as a background. Always wanted to make this vid.

So till then, todexon9 report videos should come out. Yeah, as an ectomorph I shouldn't play too much while competition, but after routines, shred and circle ends... :twisted:

Remember the 15th Dec post? Since then I learned many things, and today I'd like to update my thoughts. It's mainly about interpersonal relations between us footbaggers (but you'll probably find it very subjective).

Those are things I've hidden for a long time... it all begins in mid 2005, between Setman and me, two very ambitious and quick learning n00bs. Each wanted to be better than the other, and the first time to see who's better were European Championships 2005 (in Wroclaw) and the youth exchange organized just before Euros. Pumped to show "how good I am", I was shredding all days without thinking too much what I eat or drink, how I regenerate. Results were terrible, I remember Wiktor's challenge to hit 10 contacts combo... I couldn't. Although being a n00b, I could do easly like 15 (?) before the event, I guess... so imagine my frustration, especially when I couldn't see the reason of my low form, which came "unexpectedly" exactly when I really needed the best one. Totally crashed, I had no reason to play footbag anymore. What was easy to guess, I came back... but it wasn't the same, I knew I need to change my tune. It didn't came out right away, actually it took alot of time...

Well, I'm the black sheep, 1% (or even less), who hates contention. Honestly. This is NOT what makes me wanted to get better. As I wrote last time, it's giving 110% in everything that is important for me. But not only - I want people to see my hard work, so maybe one day I'll be an inspiration for someone, like Vasek has always been for me. Again, I'm aiming far beyond getting better than someone. I'm writing this, because I believe it's a very positive attitude, and does not conjure up any negative emotions. Amen.

Another large theme can be seen here: emotions in footbag. I can't get rid of this strange feeling, I'm causing destructive desires, jelousness. Mostly by what I say, people can think I'm narcistic or sth. Now look how different would it be if I were a n00b; nobody would even notice me saying what's my dream move, what are my best tricks, best guiltless runs etc. When I'm a pro and write about new beastly drills or some typical 12 contacts fearless drills, adding anything spontaneous (like how cool it felt, how happy I am, what I'd like to add more or how easly it came) would be dangerous...

Two really good fbggers told me to watch out what I am saying, because it sometimes sounds very egoistic, and I'm on the level where I need to care about it. I believe it's true, but there were some other fbggers, which asked me to write more, because I was an inspiration for them (wasn't it what I always wanted?). I'm a perfectionist and listen to every advice, that is why I worry about this. However, sometimes I think it's not my problem but those, who can't understand why on earth I'm training so hard, not even wanting to be better than anyone.

Anyway, I'm going to stop posting highlights till Todexon, because I'm not going to spoil anything. I hope I'll manage to prepare for this competition well, that's a hard task considering how little time's left, but I'll do my best. Wow, Jim is comming, when I read it for th first time, it motivated me so much! If not him, I wouldn't even think about any shred30 or routine. IMO, the best thing about going abroad for a competition, I mean those big international, are positive emotions. That is why I can't wait till I step into the train, on the 14th of March.

This is the end of the first semester! I'm glad, that all exams went well, some even better than I thought. The most important thing is: I got two 5's from designing! That's a big thing. I'm so happy that my hard work was appreciated. Sooo now I've got some spare time... over two weeks. Finally I can rest ...of course training hard for tdx, or learning ArchiCAD (fortunately found it very entertaining). Would be cool to make a new shred video, but I doubt it would work out anyway... I'll focus on this "pro" one.

Mm. OK, you won. Don't be scared when you see me playing on Toes... I'm slowly (actually much quicker than I though) "Kreiling" myself, and gonna collect all Px/F/At/Qm everything drills.
Olaf Piwowar, My Footblog

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 09 Feb 2008 03:58

That first video is awesolme. The shots are really nice, you have so much light, and the cuts are very well placed.
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 09 Feb 2008 08:56

Olaf, sometimes people call me egotistical. but I am who I am. I do what's important to me, and I'm not afraid to be myself (mostly).

I told this to an older friend of mine, and he put it like this,

"if someone is not talked about, they're not worth talking about."

that was his way of saying that it's better to have someone criticizing and talking badly about you than it is for you to not be talked about. Usually if someone's talking bad about you, it's because they're jealous of something you have or something you are. You have an incredible skill and talent. So, you're worth talking about.

my point is, don't be afraid to be yourself and tell us what's going on. it's just the truth! if you want to be careful of anything, be careful that you're not being a huge bragger, or talking bad about others. but, please, if something awesome happens, don't leave us in the dark! you're pushing the limits, we want to know what's happening!
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 09 Feb 2008 15:11

Thank you Matt! I needed that. (and will remember)

I'm writing, because today I had a shitty session. One of those worse, when footbag ain't fun. Extraordinarily I wasn't surprised, even expected it'd happen. Last few weeks were extremely hard at school, so it obviously had to cause some side effect. Hardly resisting trainings my form got very low, and when I finally could afford kicking, it was too much for my body to stand. Fearing the worst I wasn't surprised when shin splints appeared and took all the pleasure of playing.

It's not just that low form or shin splints make me unhappy. I got through it many times, and will once again (of course it'd be cool to save this time for sth else, but oh well).

I realized how fucked up it is to be an ambitious perfectionist AND ectomorph. Mix of those two attitudes makes it very hard, almost suicidal to play footbag. I'm the one who's not interested in "just" playing footbag, I want to explore the unknown. And I don't mean any inventing aspirations, but simply being able to hit things anyone can, especially links. So for example (!) it's natural for me to zoom or step out of Food Processor... (unless there's a Pdx Blender, Motion, Mind Bender... exceptionally I accept Butterfly) there is no other solution. And it looks like this with my whole game... it's a very logical system, almost mathematical order. But it works only when I'm in my top form, so unfortunately rarely.

I forget very often, that FOR ME it is as important to be in a good form, as learning new concepts. Without form I'm like 30% of my usual abilities MINUS another 25% of willingness = 5% of my best form (I don't care if I drop, or not). Hopefully I'll build my form for tod9xon...

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 10 Feb 2008 11:39

Wtf? After yesterday's session, I wasn't even supposed to play. Perhaps because I didn't play much on that session, I had more energy today. Avoiding Stepping set, shin splints were not so bad, and even stopped hurting me at the end of the session (that's when I started do Furious)

One down, three to go. Should get another two soon. The second one is easy, but I always mix up on Pickups. Last one is the hardest, but has a really good impact on his "bigger brother"...

Today had the best Furious set ever. "flipside" Nem deep as hell, most of the time. will probably use it to hit a tripple quad somewhere soon.

Nemesis > Blurry Dada (rpt.)

Maybe I can drill it with some other 7? Cold Fusion? Or even 8 - Shooting Star? I need to film it, but I'm fairly sure my Shooting is clean. On BS.

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 12 Feb 2008 15:08

I feel sick. Hopefully it's getting better, felt much worse just few hours ago, when I came back from Zajezdnia, which is our shredding place (almost no heating). 5 players today: Ners, Radek, Wojtas, Artur and me.

Too lazy to wash footbags. What a shame. They just roll off like a net bag (time to change discipline?).

Mind Bender > Spender (rpt.) - Ken's requst from Jorden's blog

Shooting Butterfly > Blurriest (rpt.) - I guess people are afraid of this set, because it's often the. My idea is to dex it high, just like Symp Furious Nuclear. But it needs energy.

Sumo > Atomsmasher > At Drifter (rpt.)
- maybe not that insane, but considering how exhausted I was... I footed first try, and been footing that soooo many times for the next like 20 minutes, obviously not going to give up, it's radiculous. And Artur gave me ONE LAST chance (because he was going home and wanted his bag back), and then I hit it. LOL, like he couldn't give me this last chance ealier. Or perhaps he was going to kill me?

Sumo > Fusion (rpt.) - drill above reminded me about this one (not new)

Duck Pdx Torque > Pdx Drifter (rpt.) - because my Duck Torques went totally off. Fortunately, today Gauntlets were on again. It sucks when you can't do things which were "easy" in the past. Got the same thing with Mobius (wtf? like month after the WR?!)

Pixie Everything - anyone noticed what was the 2nd paragraph of the prev note about? Fairy is on it's way, need few more days (add few more days if I really get sick). Oh, and I got this idea of mixing Fairy and Atomic everything drills, like Atom > Fear (rpt.) > Atomic Illusion > Fairy Illusion (rpt.) > ... and so on. 32 contacts would be probably too hard, so it can be like 16 contacts of only opposite/same sides. It's fun.

Gotta make a portfolio for my faculty, the deadline is 14th and I haven't even started. It would take me like 3 hours maybe... If my color printer hasn't broke down.

I'm going to write a short "how did I get into footbag" story, very soon. And still dunno whether create a "challenge olav" section or not (because it's gonna be different, more like "inspire me")...

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 12 Feb 2008 15:37

Olav wrote:Mind Bender
This is what your blog is like to my head.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 12 Feb 2008 15:54

Olav wrote: Mind Bender > Spender (rpt.) - Ken's requst from Jorden's blog

Hey! Give that back to Jorden! :x OK fine, you guys can share it. :?

Jorden
Retro Athlete

Post by Jorden » 12 Feb 2008 17:51

Pssh, I don't have the crank for that drill. It's all his. :lol:

Olaf, you're the only player that consistently baffles me with your highlights. Haven't seen a vid of you in a while, but it sounds like you're reaching an untouchable level. Holy shit.

Keep doing your thing man.

Jorden
Jorden Moir

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 13 Feb 2008 01:16

amazing highlights indeed...

So are you gearing up for the "everything everything" drill?
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 17 Feb 2008 15:58

Thanks for your comments guys. Nah, I wouldn't remember "everything everything" drill. Hope you'll forgive me Ken?

I cought a cold and haven't played in 5 days. Shit happens. Now I have to do my best and somehow get some good form on todexon.

I decided to put my "how did I get into" story here, because I think it is what belongs in Footblogs. Nothing really interesting, but since I promissed and have a lot of time...

Although I decided to try this sport in November 2004 (after Zocha Jam 2004), I knew about it much ealier. Of course first was hacky sack (in poland called zoska, a popular game before the II world war). Around 1999 I saw 3-4 guys kicking on the bus stop. Watching them for over 10 minutes, I'd never guess how much my life will be influenced by what they were doing. Keeping the bag in the air "for so long" seemed nearly impossible, they were gods. But I wouldn't dare trying

Somewhere in the mid 2003 my friend Marta brought to school a hacky sack made by her grandma (I still have it). So we kicked during the breaks, and many people joined our cirlce. From some older guys we learned, that there are tricks like ATW, or "Rainbow" (Outside Kick high Duck Outside Kick hehe). They also mentioned TATW and Triple Spinning as the best hit tricks, but we didn't believe.

That's when I googled "zoska" and visited footbag.com.pl site. Oh, a trick list! Of course, there was a trick list with add categories and a short remark. And WTF is this?! (Including Jobs.) The biggest mistery was finding some bigger adds than TATW (still theoretical). Nemesis? 4x [DEX]?! Umm didn't ATW have 1x [DEX] and TATW had 3x [DEX]? Voodooooo?! Better let's check some other sites. Indeed, there was a LINKS section as well.

Second site I visited that evening was footbag.org. I wanted to check what Mobius is, because on fbg.com.pl Antek said it was his best trick. It was absolutely briliant, like anything I've ever seen. (Actually, it have never stopped being my favourite trick.)

Next was footbag.cz, with its unforgetable VIDEOS section. That's how "Trebic" become the first real fbg video I watched. For some time I thought that young boy in blue shorts was finnish. Don't ask me why, maybe because of his blue shorts and very bright (almost white) skin/hair just like finnish flag, lol. I downloaded few more videos of this finnish guy: vasik10-12. He was pretty good. Once, my dad nailed me watching this naked boy, he was pretty scared actually.

Pretty much for one evening, I really liked the idea of keeping the bag in the air against the gravity, and it looked like dancing but much more exciting. I started reading polish forum, and watching videos. There were few I could watch all the time: 1) Vasek's (who surprisingly changed his nationality) final routine from worlds 03, 2) Vasek's routine from todexon#5, 3) Lon's routine from Todexon#5 and laaater 4) Final shred and Warmup, 5) Vasek RAW from austrian champs. The last ones were probably just befre I decided to see how it looks like, live.

I was only watching videos, too shy to see it on my own eyes (and soo Swiat Zoski in March passed by...), and too stupid to start playing. Well, I was pretty busy and had my own hobbies (music, I was pretty damn good on a piano, aaaages ago) and footbag seemed not for me, just like I'm watching bmx riders (amazing to watch, to dangerout to start by my own).

On the 23th of October 2004, I phoned Gosia who was the craziest person I knew, my only chance (cos I didn't want to go alone) to see footbag live for the first time in my life, to see Vasek. She accepted my offer, and basically that's how I've fallen in love. I still love footbag. Quite strange feeling, knowing everybody when nobody knew me. I was too shy to speak with anybody. But I knew I want to be a part of that community (which I knew well reading forums), and the easiest way was getting good at what they like. And what I liked too, btw.

A got a 26 pannel shitty bag next week, and started training footbag in November 2004. Three weeks later I decided to visit Moskie Oko and meet the Wroclaw crew. That's how I met Daniel, Dziewior, Ners... maybe also Dexter and Lechu? It's a pity we lost Morskie Oko few months ago, I miss that gym! (My first Mobius. My first "the" Nemesis. Ners' first too. Gooood ool Morskie Oko!)

that would be all for now, bye

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 21 Feb 2008 08:00

Yeah, being sick sucks. I'm all right now, probably going to kick tomorrow just to make my stiff legs work again. Shred on Saturday, important one. Rozo is comming, we might practice Doubles, since his doctor forbid him to play Freestyle for the next 2 months (not sure if 2, but then he will know if operation is required). He will also bring his friend Michal (so alike Mikko Lepisto!), who had played once but quit. Little chance he will come back to the sport but always worth trying. Also I want to analyse my new routine (for tdx) with Ners.

I see the need of making videos. I really do. People ask me for them, not just on this forum but even on my faculty... my whole group is a big fan of me after watching videos of me on You Tube (and I made a little improvised show for them once, and now plan to do something bigger, and more planned). Can't wait till it gets a bit warmer, so we can start thinking about the "BIG" video. It seems a good idea to make a "ppl: start playing Genuine" video or maybe also a request session too? After watching the "David Clavens Documentary" I thought it'd be a good idea to make a polish version of such a video. A pity I depend on others who edit videos including my footage (like Rozo, Ners - btw, they do a great job!), I should definitely learn it by myself when I find time...

New project. This time less abstract. If you find 51*06'52"N, 17*01'49"E (left side of the bridge) on google earth, there's a riverbank, where on 2m*max.10m we are supposed to design a house for 1-2 students, which can overhang the river as we like. Cool subject, we can do almost whatever we want.

I've got a new schedule for this semester, it's even better than I wanted. Awesome. Free Tuesday, best lectures... looks like I'm gonna be prepered for Worlds! Mmmuahahaa.

Gotta go, I've got a party soon.

PS. I created an "inspire Olav" thread in the Challenges section. Feel free to post anything (maybe not literally...) and anytime you want. Those who posted so far, did a great job, that's exactly what I wanted (later will post more, in there).

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 29 Feb 2008 17:08

Just had a perfect day.

Had to wake up early today, the history of antient architecture began at 8 pm and it was almost impossible not to fell asleap in a dark room, listening to our lecturer's caaalm, deep voice (although it was truly exciting). Then civil engineering, this semester is all about designing stairs (in a choosen house project). For next friday, floor plans and sections in 1:100. Later we've been learning AutoCAD... kinda embarasing when the techer started to ask me if my parents are architects (they were studying in the same group)... Anyway,

At 2.30 pm I arrived at Zajezdnia, and meet up with Hania and Szymon (who was only filming today due to his injury). Great news is, the new video Ners is making will include some of my today's footage. I'm very happy with what we've captured, although my form is still far from perfect. Soo, don't take it too serious, don't expect any grounbreaking stuff. However it will be a sin not to watch it, might be veeery entertaining, believe me! OK, end of this little adv.

After the shred, I went to the marketplace for shopping. Once the shop assistant was shocked that I compare clothes so much, and think about it so much like any other man she remembered. Nah, I'm not gay, I'm an architect. LOL. But what I am going to write about is my addiction to architectural books. Those daab/taschen/konemann/etc. with tooons of briliant, beautiful pictures of the most amazing designs ever... I can watch 'em all over - it's my inspiration, architectural Vasek. Anyway, this time I bought Roof Design (daab), which I believe will be very usefull for my further projects (actually I've got some serious brainstorming on my current project's roof).

Speaking about my project, it looks like it's gonna take much less time that the last semester's one. My idea is a bit controversial, but maybe that's why it'll be remembered and will get higher marks than other works. Who knows. I should have some better drawings next weekend or so, because I want to have plenty of time for a mockup we need to make (1:20, it's gonna be more than 60 cm long in my case, arrrgh!) and I should put some pictures into my fblog.

Ahh, (third in a row) note about nothing... I guess I just wanted to announce I'm a happy man, and that Szymon's making a video including my shred (soon...). Obviously I couldn't write highlights this time, sorry (there were almost no really new stuff this week anyway).

PS. OMG! Todexon in 2 weeks... I'm wondering where I'm going to lodge?! I don't even know who's comming from Wroclaw. Haven't practiced my routine yet... actually haven't practiced anything. Hot two weeks this is gonna be.

Gielnik
Shredaholic

Post by Gielnik » 01 Mar 2008 06:31

I'm looking forward for video.
good luck at todexon. shred hard!

B_Man
Flower Child

Post by B_Man » 01 Mar 2008 09:20

I'm also looking forward to seeing this video! And I'm really glad you have found something that you love to do for an occupation. A lot of people don't get that, it seems :( .
- Byrin Wylie

ShrEdmonton

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 25 Mar 2008 03:19

Todexon 9 short write-up.

Before I start my Todexon story, I need to announce the "Tales from the Outsideworld" as the most valuable place on modfied. Not that modified is shit or something... just Andrew's got such a cool stories, I love them. I hope to spend more time with him on Worlds. Btw, reading his last post I felt quoting would be a nice beginning for this report.
MrMeebles wrote:For me the real excitement of a footbag tournament is meeting new players, seeing old friends and in the case of Todexon, just being in Prague (the happiest place on earth).
How true is that! Anyway, I could start relating the same way Ners did it in his blog (read also Ners' write-up), so I'll rather focus on my own opinion/point of view. First of all, it was a great event. Better FORGET it was A TOURNAMENT, because the organization was so poor... Hope it's due to upcomming worlds! No place to warmup before finals, not sure how many rounds were planned, people smoking everywhere, canceled circle competition, one round intermediate, not tested sick3/big1 judging methods, no results for them either... and so on, I felt like nobody cared about the players.

So, as I was saying, it was a great event. Mostly because of this years Special Guest, Jim Penske from Idahooo, USA, who came out to be one of the coooolest man in footbag and totally made this event so great! Has a lot to say, aims to play with everyone and makes footbag fun. He's so humble, natural and reeaaal... hope seeing him in a couple of months, in the Czech capital again. While playing with him on Sunday I hit (note, it is an example of how cool HE is) a run beginning w/ Whirr > Dbl Blend drill first try I guess, and he was so truly excited, that he even propsed me twice, saying the form was perfect. I doubt I'd get even half of his excitement from all my WRC buddies... that was sooo nice!

Had three worth mentioning circles. One's mentioned above (actually it was cool because we didn't push too hard, and just enjoeyd the game. Oxana was playing with us at the beginning, she's good. Also at 4 square, twister... hehe, probably net and who knows what else), second with Vasek, Honza and Ales. I was working on my form mostly, but got a few nice runs too. Vasek's got a perfect form. Now, my second favourite trick (after Mobius, of course) is BS Grave Digger (by Mr V), done easly as Stepping ss Mirrage, WOW! Not from the beginning, but I felt very relaxed, while playing with those, who were always my biggest inspiration. And the third one...

If not the audience reaction after my sick 3, the best memories from the event brings the Saturday's circle with Jim, Szymon and Maciek. What made it so remarkable, was the crowd of, like 30 (?) people packed like sardines in a 10-14 square meters room, watching our circle. Actually, I joined the circle after I finally (but hardly) pull myself together after my terrible final routine... the whole thing was recorded, so I won't spoil anything, beside Jim's Dbl Blender > Swirling Torque combo. He's insane.

Big One. 6 tries. Somehow I only footed Nemesis, twice, but then hit it on the other side. Then hit Blurry Mofly, 4th attempt, and decided to give it a try for Gyro Gauntlet. Unfortunately I failed to hit it in the competition, but I hit it in the 7th attempt. Won't forget the audience reaction, the best thing you can get for training this sport. (other big ones were Ners' Symp Blazing Drifter, Yves' Nuke Torque or Milan's Superfly Swirl)

Sick 3. Fusion > Food > Marius first try. Footed Nem > Food > Gangsta three times, but ended only with that safe beast. Jim hit Whirligyg > Whirlwind > Spin Pdx Blender (or Blendrel as TMS announced, actually he was making the show so much funier, hehe... incomplited), but I guess he didn't want to injure himself before the routine.

Routines. Who'd believe that? Tina 3rd, Taishi 4th... me 12th... even Vasek's absence was easier to guess. Don't get me wrong, I loved the results... and believe my last place in finals taught be something important - better now than at Worlds (where no mistake can be made)! In brief, I dropped the first trick (actually, the only picture of me from the tournament shows that moment...how ironic) and was so totally shocked that I dropped 3 more times one after another (stuff like Clipper or Whirl?) and didn't care anymore... hopefully I didn't run out of the stage, probably because of the crowd I'd have to break through... basically that's it about my routine, sad. Worth mentioning were Jim's routines, especially the final one, so powerfull (SoaD - Chop Suey!)... but some video's will surely come out soon (hopefully without my final routine).

Got Feet on Fire. Hearing from Jim how mindblowing it is, and later seeing in on my own eyes in Michal's place... I had to. I've been watching it everyday since, and it was worth the price. It's mostly from 2005, unbelivable. Vasek and Honza thought the Africa part was boring, but it was the best one if you ask me. Probably 'cause of the beautiful landcapes and editing, Ellis made it amazingly enjoyable. Faded Gyro Wh Sw looked so cool. Vid's got my recomendation.

Played twister for the first time with Hania and Oxana (who won, she's good as I said). Crazy game, can't wait for a revange!

Vasek's got an awesome dog.

Thanks Dictators, thanks Jim, thanks Praha and everyone who at least said 'Hi!' to me. See you on August.

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 28 Jul 2008 02:44

Last post from over 4 months back, that's saaad... :cry: actually shows how little time I had, only managed to reply on STP and the "Developement...". I guess it's not a bad idea to rewrite my thoughts here. Especially, because after todexon I made a decision of not writing about my progress untill Prague, so I haven't got too much to write... hehe, just joking. There are a few things to say, four months is a lot of time. So let's start.

The first year of Architecture is behind me, definitely the best year of my life so far. For the first time in my life it was only MY decision, and happily the decision seems to be right... I totally love it, it gives me a lot of satisfaction and a hope that it will be related to my further life. It's maybe a lot of work sometimes, you don't get enought sleep etc., but when comparing to medicine or law, tons of book you have to absorb, it's a pleasure.

Many times I thought I won't make it with all the projects or exams, sometimes I was even sure about failing one. It's hard to believe in miracles when you have the statistics saying 80% ppl fails the first term. But miracles happen, otherwise I'd have to be a genius, but maybe I am who knows hehe. Twice I had this situation, when I gave up thinking there's not enought time to learn enything. Not only I passed, but with a quite good mark. Once I came out to be one of the very few ones who passed the perspective exam, although I was late and had only 1,5 hour instead of 2 hours (which was not enought for like 90-95% of ppl to do everything like I did). Obviously I thought it's not possible to make it in 1,5 and I nearly gave up... hopefully I never quit without fight (unless it's a fucked up routine heh). But speaking of geometry (perspective) I must confess I was working very hard all semester and was the best student in my group and one of the best on my year probably. Another subject I loved was designing, can't understand how anyone could not like it.

Got some pictures from my portfolio, just a sample of what I've been doing this semester, but 'cause of the heat I'm too lazy to put them here now. Sorry.

I've met a lot of amazing people, so frendly and open minded! Beside footbag comunity, I have never seen before a group of such accessible creatures willing to help you any time, that's my impression. Maybe it's the same interest, maybe an architectural mindset or maybe the smell of pecils that hypnotizes us to be a better people I dunno but it's cool.

Another thing is, the "Developement of shred" thread helped me understand what this sport means to me and in what way we need to develope it. Especially Jorden's opinion is extremely inspiring for me; after reading some of his posts I realized we need to concentrate on the public more than hitting harder and harder tricks. What's the point of getting 6 dexes, where nobody will appreciate or even understand it? I guess it's so hard especially in the states or poland, where people already know hacky sack or zoska, and consider footbag as the same game that has ben played for over 60 years...

When I finally understood that, I thought about introducing footbag in the most efficent way, in view of my abilities. The plan I made was huge, including the whole page of professional photos in the most famous polish newspaper, which I managed to arrange... surely a long-term, ambitious plan, but attainable. The main part of the idea however, was creating a new website for people who don't know anything about Footbag (in polish but I also hope to run its english version as well). Something really simple, attracting people as much as it's only possible (I guess visually, by videos). Including single tricks and how-to videos, it might be a good place also for the players.

So far we have a structure for the new, simple fbg.com.pl, and as soon as we come back from Berlin, we should start making those how-to videos. Reason why it hasn't been done yet, is this "big wrc footbag production" as I called it. Premiere planned on the 1st of AUGUST (lets say 2nd if the time goes faster than we plan). We intended to make a well edited video with a very simple storyline and good quality, within the bounds of our amateurish possibilities, not just another shred vid. Soo, ladies and gentlemens, liebe damen und herren, panie i panowie, new video's commin'! Heh, I'm really excited about it.

Previous weekend I had the worst footbag demo EVER, but considering the circumstances I cannot complain. 2 days hip-hop and reggae music festival (Wroclaw 2012 Festival) collected not only 9000 people and artist like Shaggy or Wu-Tang Clan, but also a strong group of Strzelin players including the famous Ostrowski brothers or Rafal Kaleta, a couple of players from Wroclaw and even Karolina and Kamil from Slupsk. Was cool to see such a crowd of people giving a lot of money to be there, and we were for free, with extra t-shirt, food and beers. Wuuuu!

Ain't that easy not to write anything 'bout my biggest achevements from the last few months... few biggest: over 300 points shred 30 (being the 2nd one?), Shooting ss Mofly (NOT being the first one...), Nemesis Swirl (Jim?) and FS Nemesis Swirl (probably an invention). Finally I know how to answer on a "what's your biggest trick?" question. I don't care too much anyway. Maybe a little...

Too hot. Need to take a cold shower. Today's shred is gonna be a killer.

Edit: AAaaaaa! I made a huge mistake... the video comes out on the 1st of... August, NOT September! That means tomorrow. LOL! Sorry... but I guess that's a good info.
Last edited by Olav on 31 Jul 2008 02:53, edited 1 time in total.

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 28 Jul 2008 03:32

3 quints?
Broke the 300 barrier?

that's simply insane!

Props Olav
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 28 Jul 2008 04:54

I'm really glad that the "Developement.."-thread gave you something.
I am really happy I started that thread, not so much because of my posts, but because of the discussion it sparkled.

Looking forward to see all that crazy stuff and more in Prague!

Keep pushing the limits and keep trying to better our sport in many aspects!

jon
Foosebag God

Post by jon » 28 Jul 2008 07:27

Insane highlights! Do you have video of any of the 5 dex moves or of the shred 30?
Jon's FootBlog
MSN: jon.haber@gmail.com
"It was clean enough to be thin..." - Andrew W.