Olav

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
ObArA'BaRs
Flower Child

Post by ObArA'BaRs » 12 Jul 2007 11:43

I saw your blog title and I was like, "HELL YA!".

PROPS
Im 20
JSACK wrote: wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Keep footbag'n till yo skins saggin.......

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 23 Jul 2007 06:55

I'm back from Vienna.

Although the organization and weather suc... could be better, it was my best tournament, I placed MUCH better than I thought I will.

4th in routines

2nd in Sick3 (Nemesis > Food Processor > Spin Pdx Blender)

BAP nomination

2nd in Circle Competition
(Mikko won... he had over 60 contacts run, I was better than all the new BAP members... yay!)

There so much to say about this intense 4 days. I will do that later, making few smaller posts. I need to say more about the polish team which rocked, shred30 finals, wurmup with Vasek before sick3 finals or shred with Yves after the circle competition. I'm looking forward to seeing some footage soon.

I still can't stop smiling... I've sterted yesterday. That was surely the most beautiful day in my life (it started before my final routines, lasted during circles and shred with Yves, and ended when I was on my way to Wroclaw thinking about my future career...). I'm going to Berlin on an exchange, it's gonna be great. Ales wants to work on my style, interesting.

I love Footbag
Olaf Piwowar, My Footblog

ObArA'BaRs
Flower Child

Post by ObArA'BaRs » 23 Jul 2007 18:29

Mega Props. :D
Im so......so...... proud of you. :cry: :lol:
Im 20
JSACK wrote: wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Keep footbag'n till yo skins saggin.......

david
Senor Buttercup

Post by david » 23 Jul 2007 19:15

Hey,

Sorry you didn't get into B.A.P. Maybe we can try to make it together next year in Prague if I go (doubtful, but maybe).

Props on your progress.
david

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 24 Jul 2007 00:39

Hey, thanks

I guess this was the first tournament I took seriously, and my first with some good results. I believe that is why I didn't get into BAP this year, Karim also said they want to encourage me to work hard, and not to rest on my laurels before Prague (or at least that's how I understood). It doesn't matter when I'll make it, I just want to confirm I am good.

David, I want to see you SOOO MUCH in Prague! Making BAP with you would be a dream come true for me and it encourages me to shred even harder.

From now on I think of myself as a pro. Not because I was better than somebody at Euros, not because I can hit stuff many would dream about. My way of thinking has completely changed during the last few days, I know I can progress like I never even dreamed before, and have more fun playing Fbg than ever.

Not so long ago I wrote something about working on my mind set, and I think it really worked well. It was so hot in Vienna, I was spending all days in shade, drinking lots of water and playing only when I had to. Normally I would want to show "how good I am", got tired and fucked up everything.

I learned to concentrate;

Before routines (especially final) I just knew the bag is being controlled by me and nothing can possibly change it. Before my semi routine I hit sth like Mobius > Torque > repeat > Mobius > combo with Spender > Food > Mind footed as one of my first warm-up runs, and Mikko who was there propsed me, that felt great. And the first thing I hit after my final routine was Furious Blender first try;

Before Sick3 finals (I sooooo wanted to hit my combo!) I warmed up with Vasek. Nearly every Nemesis worked out and nearly all of them were clean (I mean the cleanest ones... when you feel its deep), I hit Clown Face first try, and straightaway another one (clean in Vaseks opinion) or Nemesis > Alpine Food Processor > run first try. Probably the best memories from that place, he's such a nice guy, shreds like crazy but also admires what you do and gives advices.

Yesterday I worked on my style and made a huge progress with Spinning set cleanness. I cannot say they are ok already, but I'm on a good way - I am turning nearly 360, set straighter and don't pull my setting leg. I'm also trying to slowdown my game, make longer/better delays. I hope it helps and I won't lose my skills, I believe even some crazy stuff can be done this way and it would look much better. I'm trying to copy Vasek at this. I'm also trying to copy Yves' shuffle with all the Nuclear/all Toe sets/DLO/Eggs crazyness.

Olaf

PS. Next time I'll write about polish team @Euros.
PS2. CHEMIAAAAA!

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 24 Jul 2007 09:40

Nice posts..

You really blew me away at Euros.
Ales wants to work on my style, interesting.
That will be so good for you!

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 25 Jul 2007 13:01

I need a break from kicking. Have been playing since Euros, practicing Spinning set alot.

Blurry Drifter > Matador > Ripwalk (rpt.) > run - 1st try
Blurry Drifter > Matador > Blurry Whirl (rpt.)

Food Processor > Janiwalker (rpt.) - controlled!

Spinning set getting better, I can feel it. Spender B2B first try, clean way, made me think clean spins are even easier.

As I promised, few words about the great polish team at Euros'07. I was so proud of us in Frankfurt ("Kiedys kuuuupie nóz..."), but this time we just rocked, hehe. There were like 33 (?) of us, mainly freestylers. 18 out of 45 in Open Routines... isn't that crazy?! Like a big International POLISH Championships... but organized in Vienna. However this was just a beginning, just some statistics... Our real power could be seen in Finals: 5/8 were poles! Beside routines we got all the 2nd places: Kierpca in shred, me in Sick3 and Circle Contest (don't forget Bujo was in its finals too!).

Here I need to say I do not agree with the routines results.

And I still haven't mentioned Doubles Freestyle which seems to be our national competition, hehe. 1st and 2nd place in Open Doubles, the same in Mixed. Wow. Another thing is BAP: Damian "Twister" Gielnicki became the first pole to make it. Me and Bujo were mentioned, so there's a big chance we'll make it next year (I'm going to work really hard for it!).

There were also people who represented us really well, but didn't have luck in competition - keep playing and join Poland in winning everything next year in Berlin/Prague. Thanks to Ners, Rozo and Cod for the good vibes. CHEMIAAAA! Pozdro to Nowe Miasto represented by Gielnik (love ya! Props on making BAP, your flip Clip is the best thing that happened to Polish Footbah hehe) and Quba (what would I do without your serenity?! Think positive, you can be a really good freestyler if you decide to fight with the injury). Thanks DST FC Strzelin for your rozkminas and for... Pawel Cisu Manuel ESPERANTO Cisek! Hahaha, I LOLed and ROTFLed him so many times... and I still don't understand where/how/why did he come from?! Masssssser. Hania, I bow down to you for lending me your bag... everything I hit during those 4 days I owe you. And I still wan this bag... buy or whatever... there's so many good memories in this little thing. Btw, thanks Ales (maybe Czech but polish, hehe) for your effort put into Doubles, and for being the best teacher I've ever seen, always willing to help another person. Geeeez, I've only mentioned so few of our big team. But I keep all of you in my mind, and want to say props, and thank you.

More next time.

Cod
Flower Child

Post by Cod » 25 Jul 2007 23:48

Chemiaaaaaa! :)
Michał Biarda (Me-how Be-r-da)

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 08 Aug 2007 14:31

My grandma's funeral was today, I don't wanna speak too much about it but I can't stop some of my thoughts... I'm not afraid of death, I understand it's a natural rule of life... but sometimes, like now, I'm really terrified that I might feel alone someday, because someone very important to me will die. I'm also scared what would my family do if I had an accident or something... I HATE those thoughts.

Human being always feels the need to understand some things, and it's sometimes very hard for me as an agnostic to live without creating my own theory. Maybe I'll write about that some other time.

Hopefully I had a shred afterwards and it was a good idea. I came back to the real world and went on with my own life.

Yeah! European Footbag Camp in Berlin (29.07-05.08.2007) was awesome, one of the reasons I like Footbag so much. There were people from Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Czech Republic and of course Poland (Ners, Karolina, Kie, Ostrowscy Brothers, Gosia, Rozo, Damian, Hania and me), spending time together and participating in many different workshops (stitching, freestyle, net, choreography, making own t-shirt and more). What can I say more? It was a wonderful time and that's it.

Hmmm... OK, I think I can say few more things. I'm very pleasent I could be a part of this exchange; I always thought the idea of Footbag Camps was briliant, and this event was organized well (thank you Yves!). Everything I really needed was there and I can close my eye on those few small things that could be better. Oh, it should be mentioned that our accommodation and location were perfect (maybe you'll see at some pictures).

At the end of the EFC there was a quite big event (called Berlin Footbag Jam) organized, and we all helped in promoting footbag (Freestyle, circle kicking, 4square, golf and net). It was something really big, with live music, radio transmision, looots (!) of people watching. Ners was wondering if all our efforts, those hours spent playing and explaining will bring at least ONE new footbager. That is a good question, but anyway, it was a superb promotion for the sport.

Some things I hit on my first shred there:

Fury BS + Sunilwalker + Janiwalker > Janiwalker > Sunilwalker > Janiwalker > Sunilwalker > dropped Nem :D
Pdx Dada Curve > Pdx Torque (rpt.) - first or second try ever, also one of the very first tries of Pdx Dada (Honza confirmed clenness, they're "cleaner than Jorden's or Vasek's", I'm using lots of them now, also all kinds of Symp Butterflyes and started some Symp Dbl Downs too, that's fun)
run ending with Pdx Dada Curve > Pdx Torque > Pdx Blender (rpt.) > Motion - first try on this drill
Double Blender B2B

Thanks to Ales (and Honza) my game is going in a very good direction. I spent many hours thinking and working on my style, and finally I know what I want and how to get it. There are some results already; Spinning set is clean (but I need to keep it this way); I'm playing much slower, delays seem to be so much more solid and, what is the most important, also bigger stuff goes this way!! (from today:)

Big Apple > Big Apple

Rubberman with Bedwetters

Lawnmoir

The only bad thing about those new methods are... sore muscles. I guess I need to take a few days break and then play regularly again so my legs get stronger.

Another shred tomorrow, I wanna shred sooo much, I exactly know what I should practice, my goals are very clear. I just feel how my abilities have risen during Vienna/Berlin and now is the time to use it. To be continued...

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 08 Aug 2007 21:53

What the??

Big apple > big apple! 8O

B_Man
Flower Child

Post by B_Man » 08 Aug 2007 22:11

Noiiice!
- Byrin Wylie

ShrEdmonton

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 08 Aug 2007 22:58

8O crazy moves, props

and yeah pdx dada is like really easy eh? even for me.
I think you should try barraging pdx dada curve ;)

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 23 Aug 2007 13:45

I don't think Dave is still wondering if the gap is closing. Vasek semi routine from worlds was soooo perfect! I can't wait for more videos, especially Circle contest with some of Vasek's crazyness. I am inspirated.

btw, few thoughts about routines from Worlds. There were many dropless routines, pity that most of them had low AI/TM. Is there anyone who doesn't understand why Vasek's the world champion? I liked all of his routines, but obviously the semi finals one amazed me most. Jim did a good job, deserved his 2nd place, but why the hell Bevier was 3rd?! Anyway, 3 dropless routines and making BAP by David was great.

Those are the longest summer holidays I had, and the busiest as well. I know this is the best opportunity for gaining skills, abilities. All kinds.

1) Learning czech language. Actually, I was for 3 years in high school, but our teacher seemed to be bored on our lessons and you can imagine what we'd learned during those 3 years. Not much. I'm planning to start learning german, the same reason. I won't tell you for how many years I've been learning it. Shame. Not to mention I was born in Nuremberg (Germany).

2) Drawing. I had a break after exams, but now I need to prepare for studies. I'm going to Prague for a few days in the middle of September, its architecture is beautifull, and I'll try to use the opportunity. Here's, for example, my first little sketch after break:

Actually, it's what I had to draw on my exam 2 months ago

3) Footbag Freestlye: working on style, rebuilding everything from foundations. :!:

There was a small tournament in wroclaw's marketplace (^^^^^) on Saturday, good promotion of footbag. I had a little injury and didn't feel very well that day, so the only nice achievement was placing 1st in circle competition. Oh, one more thing I need to announce...

- clean Blurry Mofly - 1st try ever
:D

Lately I've been working on toe shuffle, practiced lots of drills like: Eggbeater > Toe Blur, Pdx Illusion > Eggbeater > ss Eggbeater > ss Butterfly, Blizzard > Eggbeater > Dimwalk but also Gyro Barrage > Paradon drill, deeeep dexes.

I think I changed my Clippers a bit, and that's a great difference. While I'm playing I've got this strange feeling I'm Vasek, SUPERSOLID delays, something I've been trying since Vienna. And it really works, but it requres more energy, I need to do some special exercises. I'm also recording myself on cam and I believe it will help me a lot. From Tuesday (shreded with Agata, but she rather sat and watched me hehe):

- Blurry Dada Curve > Blurry Torque (rpt.) - 2nd try (yes, clean)

- run w/ Food BS + Spender BS + Blurry Torque BS + Blurry Dada Curve BS, gonna add some more
- Stepping DSO, Dim > Jani > Barfly Swirl > run or Whirring Swirl, done easly felt cool
- Whirr > Blurriest (rpt.) > run
- TERRIBLE backache :(

I also played with Agata today, my game felt solid and controlled (my back slowly gettin better), but this time SHE was playing more and I was rather sitting, watching and giving advices. The thing is, she gets frustrated very easly and wants to learn everything right away, doesn't understand that anyone who wants to play footbag has to go through the basics, and it's a timeconsuming process. She really underestimates herself trying to compare her abilities to others (that's probably the biggest mistake I've been making when I was a n00b) and doesn't see how important is the way of performing tricks in footbag. I think she slowly catches on what's up.

I'm already preparing for Worlds in Prague, got routines, shred etc. And I know how to improve my game and style, what changes are need to be done.

Lots of photos today, hehe. Let me show you one more...

he's a 1,6 year old Maine Coon, called Leo, but this is a photo made when he was a little kitten

I've just seen Vasek hitting Triple Swirl > run and 20 Fearless, unique but looked like he didn't plan it... Maaan, he inspires me sooo much!

Olaf

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 24 Aug 2007 00:14

Olav wrote:
- clean Blurry Mofly - 1st try ever
:D
What the $#@$!~@!$@$@#$@#@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dude that's rediculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
props!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 24 Aug 2007 00:46

hey Olav, props on big apple x2. That's insane.

Where did you see Vasek's 20 fearless?
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 27 Aug 2007 13:09

Revolution?

YES
, this time I am complitely aware what this word means.

It has started in Vienna, where the biggest change took place - in my head. But since then I went FEW levels up. I was in my best form and everything felt solid, my head was full of ideas and that was... nothing! Week later I went to Berlin determined to work on style. Ales gave me tons of advices but it took me another few weeks to use them. I've rebuild my whole game, including Clipper Delay. Especially Clipper Delay... it's sooo much better, I feel like 50% more solid delays, crank is better. It is almost HARD TO DROP on most of my Clipper tricks (including 6 adders, too), runs are so much longer. Actually I can play as long as I have energy (unless I'm trying some silly stuff), and with those new methods I put much less effort to everything. I needed some time to get my muscles strong enough and now I have to keep in a good shape - finally I managed to use Ales' tips about eating (e.g. at least 0,5 kg pure meat a day etc.), this is so important, because my body type is strongly ectomorfic.

So yeah, this is sooo cool. I finally control my body and the bag like I always wanted, and my style is getting much nicer (seen on cam) because I play much slower no matter what tricks.

However. I need to keep it this way for some time, till it gets natural. And remember about the diet and exercises.

I haven't tried any new concepts, just trainning with new methods, but just to show you this above is not just some bullshit, there's one nice drill I was pretty happy to seal today:

Big Apple > Food Processor > Big Apple > Food Processor

Food > Mobius (rpt.)
Blurry Whirl > Step Swirl (rpt.)

and yeah, those two drills. Probably some more stuff I don't remember and will write next time. I believe I can finally set some high Mobius record. Maybe tomorrow, I hope my body will regenerate quickly, because I played so much today... and tomorrow is an important shred for me - I am going to show those changes to Ners and Rożo.

As Jorden wrote in his blog: Expect a new me in time for Worlds next year.

Olaf

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 24 Sep 2007 08:25

Long time, no post.

I was close to stop writing here absolutely. Question: why the hell did I think about stop writing? Am I about to end my Fbg career? Not at all, I'm just starting. The main reason is that Footbag became sth more for me than it was before. Not just a sport, hobby with a general goal to be good at it and some small ones (like hard drills, tricks etc.). I am speaking about a really professional attitiude, with goals above anyones imagination, will to reach the real top of my abilities. I know I can be really good (like 5th best in the world and I'm not speaking about some stupid routines), and the only problem is how much time I have studing architecture...

Due to what is written above I don't feel the need to write some stupid Fbg stuff here anymore, I don't care.

So why am I writing here now? Gielnik has convinced me, explaining it was his favourite blog... and there's one more, less important reason - I like my blog and don't want to destroy it. So for all those who like my blog (if there is anyone besides Gielnik... ?) I'm writing this note, and some footbag highlights (nothing huge, I'm just practicing all the time, changing style etc.).

Sooo, I visited Prague on 13-16th Sept. with my non-fbg friends Marta and Pawel (that means: we were partying, drinking, clubbing, drinking and smoking all over. no, I am not proud of myself). It was superb, as I expected. How could it be different in Prague, one of the most beautifull cities?! I simply love its architecture. Of course I could not miss the ocassion to play with Ales and Vasek, especially that there was a small tournament in the middle of our stay.

On friday I played with Ales, mostly training. I learned aloooot!

Saturday - the day of FreeContest. Funny day, it was quite late but I still had a hangover and Vasek, who came later was in the same condition, LOL. Can you immagine how our shred looked like? Well, it was cool anyway. Somehow I hit TATW (in-out) on 2nd attempt in front of him, and 6 spontaneous but unique beastly run as well. I learned few things too.

Sunday - played with Vasek and Ales (but he had to go ealier) at Kamp Park, yaay! I wish I felt better that day, but still, nice shred. Synchro TATWs (yeah, triple drops were the best haha) or Nemesi' were cool. They both noticed that my game has changed, style mostly that's what I'm workin on.

Summing up good trip, but I'd more like to go there and draw architecture and play footbag during the day, sleep at night. I'm trying to be an athlete not an alcoholic... but unfortunatelly not many of my friends play Footbag and it was obvious it'll look like this.

I know there are ppl who waited for a detailed report from hardcore shreds from Prague. Sorry to disappoint...

But I can add some highlights from yesterday's 1h shred with Rozo (I specially wrote some of them down):
- nice run for the audience, with: Blurry Torque BSOSed, Ripped W > Spin Clip > ss ButtSwirl, Motion, Food > Ripwalk > Blurriest, Inspin Clip > Vortex, Tomahawk > Spin Pdx Whirl (rpt.) > Spender > passed to Pawel
- Bed > Dim > Bed > Dim > Fog > Dim > Fog > Dim > Blurriest
- Blurry Dbl Pickup BSOSed, almost Spinning Dbl Pickup in that run
- TATW for the audience, but I don't think they knew what's up hehe
- Grave Digger > BW > Spin Wh (rpt.)
That's all I can think of now. Maybe I'll add sth from previous sessions
- Locomotion > Blurriest (rpt.)
- Blurry Dada > BW/Blurriest (rpt.)
- Blurry Dada > Locomotion > Food > Infinity > other Blurry Dada > Food > Locomotion > Food > Locomotion - absolutely spontanious, I NEVER do Locomotion, and all those tricks were clean
- Blubberman with Plasmas
OK, enough

From all the things I learned recently, there are some really important notes about ectomorphs. I need to change some habits of mine. Many habits...

Like sleeping (much more, different hours), nutrition (6-7 meals a day, too much to write), trainings (ectomorphs should train a bit differently, besides it's harder for them to link body building with aerobic workouts), regeneration etc. In general: my life's slowly turning upside down.

Going to add swimming and body building gym to my schedule. One shred with others a week.

In less than a week everything will be clear - I'll know how is my year gonna look like, how much time I can spend training/Fbgging.

The day after tomorrow I'm meeting the guy responsible for sport on my university. Responsible for 8000 ppl, 60 different sports, and I'm only one of them who want's to play Footbag. Crazy, isn't it? If I make a good impression (and I know I will!) it might bring me many benefits like some scholarships, gym or any other help. Wish me luck

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 24 Sep 2007 12:44

Yours is one of my favourite blogs, Olaf, if not my favourite. I really like everything you write, even non-footbag stuff. Your architecture school really interests me. I wanted to be one a bunch of years ago, and my girlfriend wanted to also.

Nice on those huge runs, especially that first one... wow!
Thanks for not leaving Modified. You're such a role model :p

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 21 Oct 2007 08:11

Who likes when their post is the last one on the previous page?

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 21 Oct 2007 08:11

Yeah, I don't.