Paradox Quantum (Quasi)

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

shredzilla
Post Master General

Paradox Quantum (Quasi)

Post by shredzilla » 01 Aug 2006 20:57

Quasi
CLIP > SAME IN [PDX][DEX] >>

Downtime Tripwalk
TOE >> OP IN [DEX](Plant) > OP OUT [DEX] > OP CLIP [DEL]

Well, I'm curious about these two moves and their respective techniques. Specifically landing butterfly or mirage out of quasi, and landing downtime tripwalk from pixie. I grouped the two moves into one thread I guess because they're both mirage moves, and somewhat unique. Please excuse the jobs if it's incorrect. Thanks in advance for the tips!
Last edited by shredzilla on 07 Aug 2006 17:25, edited 2 times in total.
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

Spontaneous Spaz
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Re: Quasi and Downtime Ripwalk

Post by Spontaneous Spaz » 02 Aug 2006 15:16

Downtime Ripwalk
TOE >> OP IN [DEX][Plant] > OP OUT [DEX] > OP CLIP [DEL]
... me too, wut does the [plant] add mean? its not symposium?

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 02 Aug 2006 15:53

The [plant] denotes that you plant the first dexing leg before the second dex... i.e. it's not dada curve.

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

habitat
Post Master General

Post by habitat » 03 Aug 2006 22:17

I know this is not neccessarily a "ripwalk" it's a downtime tripwalk (non jorden style) at 2:13 on this video here
James Randall

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 04 Aug 2006 15:30

So when Rippin' Rick Reese first hit Ripwalk, did he do stepping op butterfly or did he do it downtime like you're describing?
habitat wrote:I know this is not neccessarily a "ripwalk" it's a downtime tripwalk (non jorden style) at 2:13 on this video here
bad Randall! don't post the link right to the file. You heard Goldberg!

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 04 Aug 2006 22:57

habitat wrote:I know this is not neccessarily a "ripwalk" it's a downtime tripwalk (non jorden style) at 2:13 on this video here
Which video? Anyway, I know Jd hits downtime rip and that's what I'm getting at, it can be done.

Downtime trip doesn't exist. Tripwalk is uptime mirage butter.

I want downtime mirage butter. Or at least mirage midtime as opposed to frantic.

habitat
Post Master General

Post by habitat » 05 Aug 2006 01:21

shredzilla wrote:
Which video? Anyway, I know Jd hits downtime rip and that's what I'm getting at, it can be done.

Downtime trip doesn't exist. Tripwalk is uptime mirage butter.

I want downtime mirage butter. Or at least mirage midtime as opposed to frantic.

Are you kidding or something? The video is right there in my post and yes downtime trip DOES exist, ripwalk IS uptime miraging but ...

Your fucking with me right? :D
James Randall

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 05 Aug 2006 20:42

Okay hey James. Lol, I was a tad inebriated during my last post, and that's why I completey missed the vid link :oops:

Anyway, I would call the move you hit in that vid a downtime ripwalk set from toe. Tripwalk is Quantum Butter. Quantum is an uptime set, so how could Tripwalk be downtime? I guess that's where we're getting mixed up.

But a move like pixie ripwalk would be just that, pixie ripwalk. Not pixie tripwalk. Unless it was like pixie>plant>quantum on the way up, then that would be pixie tripwalk.

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 05 Aug 2006 21:47

shredzilla wrote:Okay hey James. Lol, I was a tad inebriated during my last post, and that's why I completey missed the vid link :oops:

Anyway, I would call the move you hit in that vid a downtime ripwalk set from toe. Tripwalk is Quantum Butter. Quantum is an uptime set, so how could Tripwalk be downtime? I guess that's where we're getting mixed up.
wtf dude?

Ripwalk is Stepping Butter. Stepping is an uptime set, so how could Ripwalk be downtime?

Of course you can have downtime Tripwalk.

"I would call the move you hit a downtime ripwalk set from toe"

Tripwalk is ripwalk set from toe. Downtime Tripwalk is downtime Ripwalk set from toe. I don't understand why you think the downtime changes it.

Bloggy

Challenge

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 06 Aug 2006 19:29

Okay okay, I get it now. I guess 2 things fooled me here, both coming from the Move Nickname List in the General Footbag Forum:

1. Tripwalk (ADD 4)
Quantum Butterfly

Toe > Op In (DEX) >> Op Out (DEX) > Op Clip (XBD)(DEL)

2. Yoda (ADD 5)
Pixie Miraging (Plant) Butterfly

Toe > Same In (DEX) >> Op In (DEX) > Plant > Op Out (DEX) > Op Clip (XBD)(DEL)

Lol, okay Cod JUST changed the definition for move #2. (He changed the notation because before it didn't read (Plant), so it wasn't clear what the move was) And it used to be defined as simply 'pixie ripwalk' on the Move Nickname List in the General Footbag forum. That's actually where most of my confusion started.

But yeah, so looking at the tripwalk definition, I figured that it had to be uptime since pixie ripwalk was used to describe that other move. Now I realize ripwalk only applies to stepping, and tripwalk is miraging.

So thanks for clearing that up. And yeah, I guess what I'm looking for is downtime tripwalk advice, as well as quasi advice. I think these are neat concepts. I'm really curious to who it was who hit that pixie tripwalk...It seems pretty tough. And thanks again James for the Downtime TRIPwalk vid. :)
Last edited by shredzilla on 06 Aug 2006 20:24, edited 1 time in total.

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 06 Aug 2006 19:40

Yeah, that makes sense :) Definately downtime (t)ripwalks are sweet.

Bloggy

Challenge

habitat
Post Master General

Post by habitat » 07 Aug 2006 00:54

I've have also hit downtime quantum double down, it feels symple-ish, but it's not. Using the same method, I think if I practiced a bit, I could do a toe barraging set, aka toe jani :wink:
James Randall

Darkshredder
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Darkshredder » 04 Jul 2007 07:55

so does anyone have any advice specific to the quasi set?
Pat Thomsen
Syracuse, New York - The connecting point to footbaggers in the NE and Canada. We make pancakes and air conditioners.

ObArA'BaRs
Flower Child

Post by ObArA'BaRs » 08 Jul 2007 12:58

really fastish pdx drifters(kind of like uptime/midtime. pdx drifters)
Im 20
JSACK wrote: wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Keep footbag'n till yo skins saggin.......

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Re: Paradox Quantum (Quasi)

Post by Kylescook » 17 Jan 2016 18:19

I'm here to revive this thread since Quasi was never really addressed. Anyone wanna lay down some nuggets of wisdom?
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 18 Jan 2016 03:46

Pick a few styles and try them all for 5 minutes, then see which one feels best for you. A couple of examples:

1:00
3:35
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 18 Jan 2016 04:00

One thing all styles have in common is that you need to start the dex immediately. It's a set, there should be no time delay and the movement from clipper to miraging dex should be smooth.

For Milan's style, set the bag waist high and across towards the middle of your body/feet, then do a hippy dex and push down with your leg after it's moved across. Don't stomp with your heel, just your toes, that will spring you into the second Mirage dex. Also, you won't injure yourself.

If you want to be 100% legit, do the set into a Mirage/Illusion and not Down. A lot of people's idea of Quasi Down is actually just a Pdx Da Da Curve. It's a set, the bag should still be going up after the dex. Or should in the least be exactly in midtime.

For Olaf's style, good fucking luck :D
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 18 Jan 2016 18:41

I tried Olafs style a few sessions ago to see what it would be like. IMPOSSIBLE is the answer.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 18 Jan 2016 23:44

Unfortunately I never filmed much quasi, but the Olaf style is indeed reproducable.

https://youtu.be/joH8OuncFrU - 0:50s
Jay Boychuk

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 19 Jan 2016 07:07

jay7 wrote:Unfortunately I never filmed much quasi, but the Olaf style is indeed reproducable.

https://youtu.be/joH8OuncFrU - 0:50s
I stand corrected. also That Furious Pdx Blender was so great! Was that Whirling Gyro Pickup at 3:19?
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges