Pixie/Open

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 03 Jun 2006 17:36

Also try hopping of the support foot as you set, this helped my set height a lot.

smokefree
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by smokefree » 06 Jun 2006 16:44

Now that i can get it higher, is there any moves i should try off pixie? so i do the pixie, and... i dont really know what else to work on. im trying to then dex it when my other leg but i cant.
Anthony

MONKEY CLAW!

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 06 Jun 2006 17:08

after getting a constant pixie, you could try things such as

pixie legover

pix>op side clipper. thats kinda hard, but not once you got pixie.

pixie mirage (smear)

pixie illusion (smudge)

pixie ducking

double pixie (terrage) (pixie ss mirage)

smokefree
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by smokefree » 06 Jun 2006 17:23

Pixie legover! thats why ive been trying thats so hard. im practicing the op side clipper its pretty easy except i tend to keep dropping it for some reason. pixie mirage looks crazy.. i cant even do a normal mirage. pixie ducking, i can do that now :D. double pixie double atw? i can sorta do it, i just need to work on my landing.

edit: nvm.. wtf.. all of a sudden i can mirages, thats news to me.
Anthony

MONKEY CLAW!

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 10 Oct 2006 09:07

I finally figured out the elusive Pixie set after probably a good 6-7 months of trying to learn it. It was quite frustrating that this move evaded me for so long but a great feeling to finally have it working.

I had countless people give me tips and try to teach me. I appreciate everyone's efforts. Finally it just clicked for me the other day in a solo session.

Here is what worked for me:
1) Toe set, THEN dex. The bag must leave your foot before you begin dexing. This sounds elementary but is easy to forget. Keep it in mind.
2) Try to minimize your exertion. I was trying to dex super hard and it wasn't working. Minimal exertion will keep the dex controlled and maintain your balance to hit a downtime component out of the set.
3) Keep the dex AS TIGHT AS POSSIBLE, i.e. a circle parallel to the plane of the ground with a short radius. Your foot should should be going no more than 3 inches (7.5cm) radially outward from the bag (IMO). It helped for me to visualize only dexing one inch (2.5cm) out from the bag to really keep it tight.
3a)PRACTICE DEXERCISING! That means getting a pole, 2L soda bottle or some other object and practice circling your foot around it in-to-out. Try to keep the dexes tight around the object while dexing as fast as you can while maintaining control doing as many rotations as possible. If you feel your dexes widening out, slow it down to maintain control. This exercise will tighten up and speed up your dexes making the move much easier to execute.

I actually built a dexerciser the other day out of $4 USD worth of parts from the hardware store. I'll post pics and assembly instructions later.

smokefree
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

I keep kneeing myself in the face on pixie ducks

Post by smokefree » 13 Nov 2006 15:33

Yeah.. sometimes i start with my foot on the ground sometimes i start with it in the air. But the result is either i do the trick or jam my knee into my jaw making me usually bite my tounge (probably more dangerous than i would like) Basically my worry is ill be the only person to severe their tounge off in footbag. Tips?
Anthony

MONKEY CLAW!

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by akalazou » 13 Nov 2006 15:44

continue with this technique, one day, youll get used to it and youll have an incredible style !
Julien Cote

Proud to be sponsored by http://www.kolosport.com

hackeysnacker

Post by hackeysnacker » 13 Nov 2006 18:01

don't duck till the bags off ur foot, that way u won't hit ur face with your knee :lol:

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 14 Nov 2006 20:02

find video from euros of riku ahola. he does pixie ducking. I love his form. he points his toe up, pops it off his foot SUPER fast while pointing his knee out slightly, and kicks out, and hardly brings his knee up at all, and the bag flies over his head. try that.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

flockpocken
Shredalicious

uptime

Post by flockpocken » 25 Apr 2007 18:01

ok i pretty much got all my downtimes, (except illusion which i heard is easier uptime). im guessing i should start with a pixie.... ive tried a couple times and watched the video but im not understanding what the muscles are doing.

[merged with pixie thread since most of the replies focused on pixie - Frank_]

MatS21
BSOS Beast

Post by MatS21 » 26 Apr 2007 06:53

Do your illusion downtime not uptime, uptime is bad when you want to link it with sets.

How long can you go tiltless without droppping?

flockpocken
Shredalicious

Post by flockpocken » 26 Apr 2007 18:03

titless?.... i dunno what that means but i can do 3-4 moves before i drop it. (example: 3 mirages or a legover, mirage, butterfly, ATW)

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 27 Apr 2007 02:41

if thats all you can do then dont worry about uptime. keep working on those moves and getting longer runs. tiltless just means the level of play you are at currently, there are other levels too. keep on playing downtime untill you have a solid feel for tiltless runs (15-20 contacts)
Ben Rea

flockpocken
Shredalicious

Post by flockpocken » 27 Apr 2007 03:30

ok thanks

MatS21
BSOS Beast

Post by MatS21 » 27 Apr 2007 07:37

tiltless means playing without tilt, a tilt mean a 1 add tricks or less, so playing tiltless means playing with 2 adds and up tricks only
guiltless is 3+
genuine is 3+ without the main 'bails' used so bop which are Butterfly, Osis, Pdx Mirage
fearless is 5+

can't remember the name for 4+ sorry, but anyway these are the most commonly used by everyone

And the reason I asked this was because I wanted to make sure you we're at a good enough level to learn some uptime. I agree with BenRea, don't worry for uptime for now.

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 28 Apr 2007 18:28

tripless is 4+
Wasabi wrote:Footbag is not materialistic; it's about challenging yourself and having fun at the same time.
Josh M.
My Website
Pm me for details about Munster Bags!

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 28 Apr 2007 19:19

pixie is a good start. just like atw only all uptime. point your toes.
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 06 May 2007 06:11

yeah, pixie is a good first set to learn. Doing lots of consecutive pixie op toe stalls helped me heaps. It's good to be comfortable with atw before moving onto pixie.

shred_4_jesus
Hack Fiend

Multi dex :( :?:

Post by shred_4_jesus » 04 Aug 2007 17:32

Hey, I need some tips multi dex tricks. I always feel...late and uncoordinated. Any tips???
Darin Thompson

"I am the way the truth and the life..."
--- Jesus

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 04 Aug 2007 17:49

If you're feeling late and ucoordinated for multi-dex tricks, then you're probably not ready for multi-dex tricks (I assume you mean a one dex set with a one dex downtime).

School all of the basic downtime moves until they are utterly effortless; then continue to school them every session.

Multi-dex tricks will come soon enough.
Matt Kemmer