Pain after every session?

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
tstep84
Shredaholic

Pain after every session?

Post by tstep84 » 28 Mar 2007 11:58

Anyone else get this? I seriously cannot play two days in a row. I played yesterday for about 2 and a half hours. Today I feel like a cripple. I almost took the elevator to my 5th floor class. My legs are feeling better now, but I really feel like playing is becoming detrimental to my health. Im gonna keep playing though, because nothing else does it for me like footbag does.

PS> Some one pointed out yesterday how my knees get really red. I looked down and was like oh shit, thats cool. This happen to others?
Tom Stepek

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 28 Mar 2007 12:34

Please provide some specifics as to what is hurting. Different areas are caused by different things and treated different ways. Where is it, feet/ankles/calves/shins/knees/quads/glutes/hips? I assume some combination thereof, please provide details.

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 28 Mar 2007 12:51

Also, have you tried shorter sessions? 1 hr. instead of 2.5 might make a huge difference.
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 28 Mar 2007 18:56

Ok. I had this same problem for about 2 years.

What I had to do is play through the soreness. You'll be sore for about 2 weeks straight, but just get through it and you'll be fine as long as you keep playing regularly.

You don't have to play as hard on days you are sore, but if you keep skipping days, your body will never get used to playing hard consistently.

As long as you be careful to not hurt yourself seriously, and you know for sure it's just muscle soreness (not joints or bones), then you'll do fine.
Ben Skaggs

Amateurs practice until they can get it right.
Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

tstep84
Shredaholic

Post by tstep84 » 30 Mar 2007 10:23

The pain is mainly in my knees. Like the inside and outsides. I do a lot of pixie/fairy sets which is probably the cause of it. A freind of mine who plays soccer and has bad knees told me to get one of those bands you put just below your knee. I am guessing its something like honzo wears. Headed to the store right now to pick one up. We'll see what happens.
Proffessor> I had this problem before, and thats exactly what I did. I just played through it, and if I could keep up with playing regularly my legs would get used to it. The problem is, I just don't have the time to play regularly. Right now I am juggling 4 classes, and working 30 -50 hours a week, while volunteering about 6. Thanks for your responses, and I will let you know how honzos leg thing works out.

tom
Tom Stepek

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 30 Mar 2007 10:57

It's Honza. :wink:
Ben Skaggs

Amateurs practice until they can get it right.
Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

tstep84
Shredaholic

Post by tstep84 » 06 Apr 2007 10:56

I know its honza, I just thought it was funny, the other thread where someone said honzo. I got the strap. I don't think its intended for my needs but it works really well. I played the other day for like 3 hours, and at first it bothered me, but I got used to it. It is called a cho-pat knee strap. If anyone is having problems with pain dealing with the tendons on the inside of the knee, I suggest trying this out. After the session, there was nearly no discomfort. I am very happy.
Tom Stepek

sniper4life
Multidex Master

Post by sniper4life » 08 Apr 2007 17:00

Hmm, I have bad knees and get pain on the insides and the top of both knees. Do you think this would help and where might I be able to get this?

tstep84
Shredaholic

Post by tstep84 » 11 Apr 2007 12:47

The strap actually goes below your knee. It helps the pain I get from tricks like blender, fairly, and things that really work the inside tendons of your knee. What tricks make your knee hurt. Theres a ton of different parts of that area of your leg, so maybe if you told me some tricks I might be able to help you more. Or just go to a medical supply store. Thats where I got mine. The guy told me if it doesn't work, and its not to gross, you can return it. It was 25 dollars, so don't waste your money if you don't have to
Tom Stepek

sniper4life
Multidex Master

Post by sniper4life » 11 Apr 2007 15:33

hmm stuff that harrasses it would have to be dexing and impact and anything involved with stress