slipped disc

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
CowSack
Hack Fiend

slipped disc

Post by CowSack » 09 Oct 2008 17:12

As most of you know, I have pretty much quit footbag. (jrstubs yaao)

Its not quite due to my laziness

nor my intent to be lazy

which brings me to the terrible status of 'fat'

but has nothing to do with how it happened.

I had been experiencing back pain one day after playing. It went away within a couple days. Kept coming back each time I played, even after 5 minutes. I completely stopped playing.

A little over a month ago, I washed my god damn dog, and this time teh pain was waaay worse. I started getting shocks in my toes when I moved my ankle, and when I picked up my leg I would get shocks through my leg.
The pain has now radiated down into my him and from my lower back to my mid back.

Apparently I have a slipped disc in my back, or so the doctor thinks.

Damn. What am I supposed to do. Standing hurts, sitting doesn't make it better, and I'm a big baby on top that.

(I could just use google, which I already have, but .... quite frankly I enjoy responses from the fellow fellows at modified.)

I think footbag did it. I do.
Mr. Andrew

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 09 Oct 2008 18:05

Uh.... what did your doctor tell you to do?

Don't just do internet searches, go to someone who knows what they're doing. NOT a chiropractor, but a good doctor.
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

CowSack
Hack Fiend

Post by CowSack » 09 Oct 2008 18:44

Well, heres the deal.

Me:..... wtf am I supposed to do, pal.

Doctor: I'm giving you a prescription for physical therapy.

Me: Thats terrible, they will make me do stupid things

Doctor: You have to go to it to get an MRI

Me: ok

I'm not goint o physical therapy.

fuck it

he told me to not do anything and uh...lift things like I have no vertebrae in my back.
Mr. Andrew

dp
Egyptian Footgod

Post by dp » 09 Oct 2008 19:01

Solution (short term): do what your doc says

Solution (long term): lose weight, seriously, you will be healthier mentally and physically.
Danny P.

CowSack
Hack Fiend

Post by CowSack » 09 Oct 2008 20:42

I would lose weight, but the thing that keeps crossing my mind, is the fact that I forget things. What if I ever get lost in the woods, I'll have no food for days. I'll be able to survive at least 2 months, thats badass.
Mr. Andrew

dp
Egyptian Footgod

Post by dp » 10 Oct 2008 14:31

Yea that would be badass, OR you could just get off your ass and in a day walk your way to the nearest road if you were in shape.
Danny P.

CowSack
Hack Fiend

Post by CowSack » 10 Oct 2008 18:11

k. :P

EDIT: lol.
Mr. Andrew

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 14 Oct 2008 07:05

1. Listen to your doctor as though he were your savior. Trust me on this.
2. Work on physical therapy. You might think it's a waste of time, but you should consider your negative thinking as psychosomatic. Is it what your body wants in the end, to not find conditional treatment to help you live a healthier life? Everything takes baby steps, even if you think yourself as a big baby.
3. Never fall back. Always look forward, and always take hold of your ambitions with every waking minute. Humans are always with errors, and to think otherwise is a fallacy, but it shouldn't deter you from working hard and at your best.
4. Take a huge break from footbag. Don't worry about kicking if you feel pain. Stitch if you want. Health first; body and mind are the key factors to living.
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87