STITCHER related Injuries

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
Shellsofparadise
Hack Fiend

STITCHER related Injuries

Post by Shellsofparadise » 17 Oct 2008 07:02

*under construction*

other stitchers are welcome to post
photos of their ragged fingers.
A little friendly competition.
Best photo, I would be happy to
award a new thimble.

keep it up, quality and selection
are better than ever before!

-->Andre
If you like rap, check out DASH!
www.myspace.com/dashbiel

Shellsofparadise
Hack Fiend

Damage report

Post by Shellsofparadise » 15 Dec 2008 12:41

Wear protection!

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 15 Dec 2008 14:34

I don't get poking-related injuries, personally. I DO get overuse injuries, though!

my poor forearms lock up and get sore and I have to stretch them.

my favorite stitching stretch is to hold my arm straight out from the shoulder, palm facing up with straight fingers, and then, tilt my head in the exact opposite direction. Then, with the palm still facing the sky, I bend my hands down / back from the wrist, and then twist my arm slowly, then twist my wrist slowly.

when I do it properly, I can feel a stretch from behind my ear all the way to the tips of my finger, and when I'm done, I can stitch more!
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 15 Dec 2008 18:45

It's not due to stitching, but my right shoulder tends to get pretty sore after shred. I stitch with my right arm, so I guess that can count as a stitching injury in a way. The stretch that Matt detailed is very good, imo.

I guess the only stitching injuries I get is from trying to pull a needle too hard through a stubborn/tight knot as I finish a pentagon. Although I have a pretty worn-down Glover's needle, there's still a small chance that I can cut my fingers with it.
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

Shellsofparadise
Hack Fiend

New tool

Post by Shellsofparadise » 12 Jan 2009 12:35

Tying knots with strong thread, its possible to cut yourself. I know, it happened to me last week!
I came up with a finger jacket which when used correctly, adds tension to the line without painful paper cuts. Check it out!