Let's help Kyle Hewitt get healthy topic!

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
Kyle Hewitt
something more funny

Let's help Kyle Hewitt get healthy topic!

Post by Kyle Hewitt » 01 Dec 2008 19:16

Alright. So I'm tired of looking at this belly I have so I'm going to do something about it finally.

What I'm Stopping:
No More Monsters
1 soda a day and hopefully cut soda out completely
No Junk food
No Snacking

What I'm starting:
3 meals a day
Footbag for atleast an hour a day
Exercise.
Eat a lot more healthy.

What I'm asking modified (of the health buffs) is advice, tips, meal plans, and anything else you can tell me.

I currently have a CrossBow Bowflex in my basement. I don't live close enough to a gym to go to one, so this will have to make due unless I move.

I would love feed back.

Should I take a before shot?

Cnick946
Shredaholic

Post by Cnick946 » 02 Dec 2008 04:24

Good advise is to not eat out as much, especially fast food restaraunts.
Another pointer would be that you shouldn't eat after 7 o clock.
Just cut out some bad things (ice cream, little debbies, snack cakes, cookies)You can still have them, but in more moderation.
Just get out and exercise more, if you are unhappy with your weight.
Also make sure you eat a good,healthy breakfast.
Corey N.

What's worth the prize is always worth the fight~ Nickelback

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 02 Dec 2008 14:43

Start drinking juice instead of sodas, grape juice and cranberry juice rule. Also, if you like water drink more of that.

When it comes to snacks, look for ones that are low in fat and sodium, and high in vitamins and potassium. Low Fat Yogurt is probably the best snack food in the world. Celery is also a good one if you're looking to trim down. It kinda fills you up and it takes more calories to burn than it gives you. Rice cake snacks are good, SoyJoy bars at Target are like 40 or 50 cents, those make great snacks (only 120 calories a piece) Apples make good snacks. Start eating salads, etc. Good luck.
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 03 Dec 2008 21:16

Muscle burns more calories than fat, so building muscle is a good way to go.

Modifying your diet is probably the most important thing you need to do though, since you seem to be a naturally bulky guy.

I'd say increase protein, decrease carbs. Start eating unprocessed foods, go back to the origin!

Double or triple your fruit and veggie intake, and reduce your meat intake by at least 1/2. Get your proteins from other sources such as nuts, beans, soy, whatever.

You probably dont need to even reduce your caloric intake, but simply change the foods by which you are gaining those calories. If the body burns certain types of calories faster, then go with those!
My name: Jeremy Mirken, AKA Chocolatey Shatner, AKA jerk enemy rim.

I kick it with trunk chef elf and liz luck key my.

Maraxus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Maraxus » 25 Jan 2009 22:44

Some of the advice here absolutely sucks.

:x

Listen, drink water, eat clean, exercise regularly. Don't waste your time working small muscle groups like your abs, arms, and calves. Calories are not created equal. Eat when you are hungry, even if it is past 7, and don't go without eating within 3-4 hours of your last meal. Set realistic goals and stick to them, don't allow others to complicate them. Consistency will change your body, so dedicate yourself to progress.
bodybuilda

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 26 Jan 2009 23:04

train like Fedor Emilianenko, one of the best fighters in MMA history

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSf9mdjQ ... re=related